Jacksonville CAGs

Hot Like Wasabi

CAGiversary!
Here it is, at the request from the Florida thread.

Anyways, I hit two Rhinos yesterday (3rd St / Kernan) and walked away with Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) for $9.50 and The Suffering:Ties that Bind (xbox) for $4.50, both new. Nothing for PS2 had really gotten a big markdown yet but here are a few more titles I spotted:

King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) - $9.50
Odama (GC) - $24
Arena Football (xbox) - $7.50

Also, I am trying to sell a copy of Burning Rangers, signed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima with a disc only Dragon Force thrown in for $150 if any body is interested ;)

[quote name='Gamerguy']Try Costco tomorrow, they're supposed to get them in Tuesday or Wednesday.[/quote]
Dude.

Thank you so much.

I called today, and they just got them in this morning.

Rushed over, and thought they were sold out.

There was one left on the bottom row.

Wiiiii!

[quote name='savage cubicle']Dude.

Thank you so much.

I called today, and they just got them in this morning.

Rushed over, and thought they were sold out.

There was one left on the bottom row.

Wiiiii![/QUOTE]

Awesome, glad it worked out for you.

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']We got in 8 more PS3s today but they went pretty quick. Might be worth a shot to call around Targets if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

I checked out your store this morning hoping to get in on some of the Black Friday deals, but I couldn't really find much worth getting after I spent $300 at Circuit City's sale...
...of course, I just sent in $160 in rebates. =P

Target at the St. John's Towncenter still has their Black Friday prices on all the games. I picked up Sim City 4 Deluxe (PC) for $14.99.

While getting new tires today at Walmart on Beach and Southside, I asked one of the workers in the electronics department if they had any Wiis. She said no, but they'd get some on the 6th.

Chris

Wal-Mart on Beach/Southside has a couple of big bargain bins in front of the electronics department. Some games are marked $14.00, others are $19.00. Most of it is crap, but I did see Ratchet & Clank 3 for $14.00.

Walmart in Yulee has a bunch of $9.99 games in a bargain bin! Stuff like Cooking Mama DS, WWE 2006 psp, Tony Hawk AW DS, Shadow of the Col Ps2, and a bunch more! Check it out!

Costco on Gate Parkway has tons of copies of Zelda for Gamecube marked at $43.99.

The Circuit City on Atlantic/Southside has a few Wii Remotes in stock, but no nunchucks.

The Wal*Mart on Beach/Southside has two 20 GB PS3s in stock. They're in the case beneath the music players facing the register in Electronics. I just saw a couple go for about $20 over retail on eBay, so it's not worth trying the buy/sell game.

Merry Christmas!
I just got back from the Melbourne area - I checked the Toys R Us there, and it was already cleaned out. One my way back, I stopped by the one at the Avenues, and it still has nearly everything on the list! I got Karaoke Revolution Party, the GTA Double Pack, Donkey Konga 2, Trace Memory, and Odama for $60.

Any good deals around town? I wonder if Rhinos will be clearing out older inventory (NES, Genesis, etc) since they were purchased by Gamestop.

I stopped by Rhinos and there were no sales to speak of. I'm pissed about the buyout. The GameForce by Regency closed, so the closest non-Gamestop owned store for me is the GameForce in Mandarin, which is about a 20 minute drive. Ugh...

Any other worthwhile indie game stores in town? We need a GameCrazy or a GameRush.

[quote name='Gamerguy']I stopped by Rhinos and there were no sales to speak of. I'm pissed about the buyout. The GameForce by Regency closed, so the closest non-Gamestop owned store for me is the GameForce in Mandarin, which is about a 20 minute drive. Ugh...

Any other worthwhile indie game stores in town? We need a GameCrazy or a GameRush.[/QUOTE]
It sucks...gaming is moving backward in Jackassonville.

[quote name='Gamerguy']I stopped by Rhinos and there were no sales to speak of. I'm pissed about the buyout. The GameForce by Regency closed, so the closest non-Gamestop owned store for me is the GameForce in Mandarin, which is about a 20 minute drive. Ugh...

Any other worthwhile indie game stores in town? We need a GameCrazy or a GameRush.[/QUOTE]

Where are you located? There is a GameForce on San Pablo and Beach which might be closer for you then Mandarin.

I'm closer to San Marco. Yeah, I've been to the one on San Pablo. About the same distance, I guess, but traffic is usually worse on Beach Blvd.

If anyone is wondering, you can probably use that $10 off $39.99 coupon from GamePro at Best Buy. I used the $5 off any game one from last month three times at the Regency location, so they'll generally accept them printed.

I don't know about you guys but I am going to pay my respects to Rhino on Friday and take the guys out to dinner (like burger king). They have served us well, its the least I can do anyways.

[quote name='sying']I don't know about you guys but I am going to pay my respects to Rhino on Friday and take the guys out to dinner (like burger king). They have served us well, its the least I can do anyways.[/QUOTE]

I'm heading up there this afternoon myself to bid the store a fond farewell...

Jacksonville/Orange Park CAG here.. never posted in this thread tho. How is GameForce? Ive never been there. Anything that makes them better (worth the drive) over GameStop? Good deals/specials they run? Thanks.

No real "deals" at GameForce aside from better trade in values. They're also the last place in Jax to find classic games, like the Genesis, Saturn, NES, SNES, etc...

I just went to Best Buy with a $5 off coupon from the GamePro thread. I was getting Battlefield 2, and I gave the coupon to the cashier:
"Isn't this like the third or fourth time you've used one of these?"
"...yeah..."
"You must really like GamePro."

Got it for $15. lol

I went to the Rhinostop on Southside Blvd this afternoon to see the remains, and I was pleasantly surprised. All PS1 and N64 games are BOGO, and all games for Sega consoles are 75% off. They're still putting stuff out on the shelves.

I live in Orange Park. Where is the Gameforce in Mandarin. Also, has anyone been to Gameswap on 220 near Fleming Island? I've seen it but drive by it late at night and it's closed.

I believe in the Gameforce in Mandarin is on San Jose, past Target if you are driving away from 295.

Stopped in at Rhinos on 3rd and they had ZERO Dreamcast games left, couldn't believe. I picked up about 6 NES, SNES, and N64 games for about $13. Much cheaper then Wii VC.

If any one here hogged up the DC games and have extras, I am looking for Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage and the original Powerstone.

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']I believe in the Gameforce in Mandarin is on San Jose, past Target if you are driving away from 295.

Stopped in at Rhinos on 3rd and they had ZERO Dreamcast games left, couldn't believe. I picked up about 6 NES, SNES, and N64 games for about $13. Much cheaper then Wii VC.

If any one here hogged up the DC games and have extras, I am looking for Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage and the original Powerstone.[/QUOTE]

Rhino on Southside has some Dreamcast games. I don't know about Sword of the Berserk, but they didn't have Powerstone.

Walmart at Beach/San Pablo has the following 360 games for $15:

PGR
Perfect Dark
NBA 2K6
Need for Speed Most Wanted

I think that is it.

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']Walmart at Beach/San Pablo has the following 360 games for $15:

PGR
Perfect Dark
NBA 2K6
Need for Speed Most Wanted

I think that is it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I might have to jump on that. Don't have a 360 yet, but that's some cheap stuff.

The Gamestop and EB at the Town Center have tons of DK Bongos for the Gamecube marked down to $4.99. The Target there has a new "clearance" labeled rack at the end of the game isle. Not much worthwhile...Simpsons Hit and Run (GC) and Luigi's Mansion were marked down to $9.88 or something.

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']Any of you guys collect gaming mags? I have a ton I am trying to unload.[/QUOTE]
Like EGM and the like? I'd like to buy some old Nintendo Powers if you have any

[quote name='sying']Like EGM and the like? I'd like to buy some old Nintendo Powers if you have any[/QUOTE]

No old Nintendo Powers, sorry. Just mags from 1996-2002

So I hit BB on Atlantic today, I took my lunch early so I could be there at 10. They had basically nothing on that list (didnt look at psp games though). I walked out with Jade Empire, that was it.

I also checked out Best Buy at Regency, Avenues, and OP and they had nothing. I went when they opened at Regency and there were like 5 people with list there. Psp section and 360 were empty nothing. I drove over to Avenues at 10.30 and saw some gamestop manager coming out with a list in hand and throwing it away. Nothing there. Op There were people with list all over ps2 and gba sections. Nothing for psp or 360. Ran in to some guys I saw at the Avenues with a laptop looking for stuff. From what I overheard at Avenues the guy claimed that sale started on Sunday. I think the sections looked a little to thin. Maybe some employees hoarded a lot of the better tiles. I got pursuit Force for psp for 9.99.

[quote name='davidjinfla']I also checked out Best Buy at Regency, Avenues, and OP and they had nothing. I went when they opened at Regency and there were like 5 people with list there. Psp section and 360 were empty nothing. I drove over to Avenues at 10.30 and saw some gamestop manager coming out with a list in hand and throwing it away. Nothing there. Op There were people with list all over ps2 and gba sections. Nothing for psp or 360. Ran in to some guys I saw at the Avenues with a laptop looking for stuff. From what I overheard at Avenues the guy claimed that sale started on Sunday. I think the sections looked a little to thin. Maybe some employees hoarded a lot of the better tiles. I got pursuit Force for psp for 9.99.[/QUOTE]

I was there at Regency when it opened up also but I am glad to hear I just didn't miss out since there was nothing to there to pick up.

I attend Episcopal High School on Atlantic right down from the Best Buy at Regency, and I drove there during my free period about 10:30. I saw all the price tags marked at $1.99, and I even saw a couple other people with lists, but there wasn't anything in stock.

I was wearing a blue shirt and tie, in case some CAG's were the ones I encountered. =P

[quote name='davidjinfla']I also checked out Best Buy at Regency, Avenues, and OP and they had nothing. I went when they opened at Regency and there were like 5 people with list there. Psp section and 360 were empty nothing. I drove over to Avenues at 10.30 and saw some gamestop manager coming out with a list in hand and throwing it away. Nothing there. Op There were people with list all over ps2 and gba sections. Nothing for psp or 360. Ran in to some guys I saw at the Avenues with a laptop looking for stuff. From what I overheard at Avenues the guy claimed that sale started on Sunday. I think the sections looked a little to thin. Maybe some employees hoarded a lot of the better tiles. I got pursuit Force for psp for 9.99.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the thorough update! Too bad it was a bust, though I expected as much.

bread's done
Back