Jacksonville CAGs

Hot Like Wasabi

CAGiversary!
Here it is, at the request from the Florida thread.

Anyways, I hit two Rhinos yesterday (3rd St / Kernan) and walked away with Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) for $9.50 and The Suffering:Ties that Bind (xbox) for $4.50, both new. Nothing for PS2 had really gotten a big markdown yet but here are a few more titles I spotted:

King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) - $9.50
Odama (GC) - $24
Arena Football (xbox) - $7.50

Also, I am trying to sell a copy of Burning Rangers, signed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima with a disc only Dragon Force thrown in for $150 if any body is interested ;)

If anyone finds a Beyond Good and Evil for Xbox besides the one at the EB in St. John's Town Center let me know please....

and that is my futile attempt to revive this thread.

[quote name='darth007']If anyone finds a Beyond Good and Evil for Xbox besides the one at the EB in St. John's Town Center let me know please....

and that is my futile attempt to revive this thread.[/QUOTE]

I saw the PS2 version at Sears for $9.99, but haven't seen the Xbox version in a long time.

Circuit City at Regency (Southside/Atlantic) did NOT receive any shipments of Boogie (Wii) today, and it was one of the guaranteed titles. I got a $20 giftcard with no trouble at all. You can only get one today, though.

Hmmmm I might start doing that $20 CC giftcard thing whenever it's in the ad then...

Oh yeah I found an Xbox Beyond Good & Evil at the flea market last Sunday. The case was shit though. I then made a stop at the Mandarin Game Force and the really awesome guy who works there let me exchange my case for theirs. I should've went there first cause they sell it for $6! I paid a whole dollar more at the flea market.

I'm just curious do any of you go to the flea markets around town? If not where do all of you usually go for cheap games? I feel the flea market's the only place to get cheap games now since every time there's a clearance/sale at a retail store everything's gone so quickly. When I went to CC for the 1600 pt. cards at 11am they were already gone! When I look at the clearance bin at any store all that's left is crap. There's more instances but I can't remember right now cause I'm wasted. It's so frustrating. I feel like this city is full of Fatwallet and Slickdeals fucks. I wanna move to fn Palatka or something just so I have no competition to the deals haha. Yeah right, I'll fn get killed by a shotgun in redneck territory.

Nothing at the Best Buy at Regency for the YMMV sales. Circuit City still has a couple copies of God Hand.

Well, I'm outta here guys. I'm moving up to Atlanta (starting school at Georgia Tech). I'll be back for Black Friday, so I might stop by the topic then.

[quote name='darth007']Hmmmm I might start doing that $20 CC giftcard thing whenever it's in the ad then...

Oh yeah I found an Xbox Beyond Good & Evil at the flea market last Sunday. The case was shit though. I then made a stop at the Mandarin Game Force and the really awesome guy who works there let me exchange my case for theirs. I should've went there first cause they sell it for $6! I paid a whole dollar more at the flea market.

I'm just curious do any of you go to the flea markets around town? If not where do all of you usually go for cheap games? I feel the flea market's the only place to get cheap games now since every time there's a clearance/sale at a retail store everything's gone so quickly. When I went to CC for the 1600 pt. cards at 11am they were already gone! When I look at the clearance bin at any store all that's left is crap. There's more instances but I can't remember right now cause I'm wasted. It's so frustrating. I feel like this city is full of Fatwallet and Slickdeals fucks. I wanna move to fn Palatka or something just so I have no competition to the deals haha. Yeah right, I'll fn get killed by a shotgun in redneck territory.[/QUOTE]
Dood, im in the same boat as you with the CC deal. I got there at 1030 and there was jack shit. My friends checked out the Regency and OP ones and same thing. Next sale I am getting there before the damn store opens and holding all of them. Next sale we will organize here and stratergerize. CAGS ASSEMBLE
In terms of older games... I don't know if Game Over in Yulee is still open, but I hear it is pretty good.

Dude Games Galore on Normandy is amazing. That place is full of rare things I've never seen in person. It's just that their prices are so high but reasonable for some items. If I was loaded I would go on a crazed spending spree there.

I know this is kind of late notice, but the Atlantic Blvd. Circuit City has Metroid Prime 3: Corruption in stock, on the floor today (a day early). I just picked up a copy. They had 3 copies left that I could see. They're open for another 35 minutes if anyone is interested.

I would just like to say that Game Over in Yulee is WELL WORTH THE DRIVE. Awesome store, awesome customer service. Plus, this week its buy 2 get 1 free on almost everything used. 'Cept for the collectibles. Prices are very reasonable, a la the old Rhino.

The only thing I don't like is their web site, which basically is only good to get thier contact info. That and they are in fucking Yulee. Open up a store near me!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
http://www.gameoverbeyond.com/

Hey I took your advice and checked out Game Over this weekend. First I went to their flea market outlet on Pecan Park Rd and scored Parappa The Rapper for PS1 for $18! That totally beats the prices of $40 at Games Galore and $50 at Game Force. I then ventured to the actual store on A1A and went in on the buy 2 get 1 free sale. Just when I thought bargains were hard to come by in Jacksonville. Oh wait... Game Over isn't even in Jacksonville.

They were talking about moving to the airport region.... which i don't know how much sense that would make... its the same region ... BFE

Hmm, there is a potential deal this week for the 904. In the Circuit City ad they have 4 games for their "in-stores by 2pm or get a $20 gift card" deal. Heavenly Sword and NHL 08 are more than likely going to be in stores on time. Skate and DK Jungle Climber have new release dates and won't make it by their advertised times. So if all of us go to all 3 surrounding CC's we can end up with 6 $20 gift cards, 3 from Skate on Wed and 3 from DK on Tues. $120 in CC gift cards? Hell yeah.

The only thing holding us back is that they'll say its the publishers' fault and therefore refuse our free money. It's still worth a try though so don't get discouraged. If this works we will totally cause a dent in the CC empire.

EDIT: In other local gaming related news all 3 Best Buy's in Jacksonville will have a midnight release for Halo 3 with free stuff to give away. http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/halo-3-best-buy-midnight-launch-locations-297910.php

Yeah I totally got $60 from Skate not being in stock. The store near my house(Youngerman Circle) gave me shit about it though. The nerd behind the counter said some smart ass remark along the lines of "I don't approve of this" and he didn't say thank you or anything after he handed me the card. What a little bitch.If I ever see him outside of Circuit City he's getting his ass beat up.

Everyone that hasn't seen this, Check it out!!!
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/halo-3-best-buy-midnight-launch-locations-297910.php

LinkinPrime edit: Check here to see if you're local store(s) is/are listed.

Everyone come down to the Jacksonville Fl Atlantic Blvd Location that's in the area. We will have Free Inflatable Halo 3 Chairs for people waiting in line and Free Halo 3 Launch Kits with a ton of free stuff. We are also trying to arrange for Free Halo 3 Mountain Dew and Red Bull plus music and Games for people waiting in line. Last thing of note, I have talked to district gamestop managers, and we will have about 50 times the quantity of copies of the games as most gamestops will including the LEGENDARY EDITIONS!!!! All gamestops are only getting what was preordered from their stores but we are getting about 5 times what was preordered in legenday editions!!! Please come down, because as your fellow gamer, I will try and make this the best launch you have ever been to as I am running it.

Bobby the Bestbuy Guy

Yeah I linked to the kotaku story a few posts back. Bobby you seem like a cool guy. You care about the gamers, that's a definite plus. You are really devoted to this launch and as a way of thanks I am definitely gonna wait at your store on the 24th. I think all of us should. It'll be a way to meet up and hopefully Bobby will hook us up with the promo stuff early if we mention we're cags. Definitely dont help out the Slickdeals or Fatwallet people, they ruin deals in this city, hell probably around the country.

If only there were people like you at the argyle Circuit City. Im still pissed off at what that fucking nerd said to me. Don't get me wrong there's some great employees there but the fucking pasty white nerds that work there are full of it. The black brothas that work there always hook me up with deals though lol.

One of the guys on my main post about this said he was gonna bring pizza out for all the CAGz.

[quote name='darth007']Yeah I linked to the kotaku story a few posts back. Bobby you seem like a cool guy. You care about the gamers, that's a definite plus. You are really devoted to this launch and as a way of thanks I am definitely gonna wait at your store on the 24th. I think all of us should. It'll be a way to meet up and hopefully Bobby will hook us up with the promo stuff early if we mention we're cags. Definitely dont help out the Slickdeals or Fatwallet people, they ruin deals in this city, hell probably around the country.

If only there were people like you at the argyle Circuit City. Im still pissed off at what that fucking nerd said to me. Don't get me wrong there's some great employees there but the fucking pasty white nerds that work there are full of it. The black brothas that work there always hook me up with deals though lol.[/quote]

I'll be at the Atlantic Best Buy for the midnight launch.

Look to my coming on the first light of the (twenty)fifth day, at dawn look to the east.

[quote name='Gamerguy']Hey guys, I'm still up in Atlanta, but I wanted to do some shameless self-promotion and let everyone know I'm in this week's shirt.woot! derby.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/EntryWindow.aspx?id=2234

Here's a closer look at the design:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8001/detailqm9.png[/QUOTE]

LOL nice. That definitely reminds me of catholic school.

To everyone else, the Orange Park Mall FYE has all their gaming stuff at 50% off now. Just be careful for another douchebag employee. This jerkoff is holding games for himself but wouldn't let me do the same. He's also really rude as hell. So if you go today give a big fuck U to "Terry", as stated on my receipt, for me.

Two asshole employees in one week, a new record for me...

[quote name='darth007']LOL nice. That definitely reminds me of catholic school.

To everyone else, the Orange Park Mall FYE has all their gaming stuff at 50% off now. Just be careful for another douchebag employee. This jerkoff is holding games for himself but wouldn't let me do the same. He's also really rude as hell. So if you go today give a big fuck U to "Terry", as stated on my receipt, for me.

Two asshole employees in one week, a new record for me...[/QUOTE]

Then definately don't go to the Town Center Gamestop (next to target). The manager is a jackass douchebag asshat. He is seriously going to die in hell for all the bad karma he has collected.

1.) He hoards rare games, this in itself is not entirely bad (morals arguement has been made a billion times), I am pretty sure he sells them which is a BIG nono with gamestop.

2.) He is a flaming douchebag to all his customers. I don;t know if all UK people are pomous selfrighteous assholes but this one is. Stay away at all costs. MFer needs to stop beeing a jackass and brush his teeth.

[quote name='sying']Then definately don't go to the Town Center Gamestop (next to target). The manager is a jackass douchebag asshat. He is seriously going to die in hell for all the bad karma he has collected.

1.) He hoards rare games, this in itself is not entirely bad (morals arguement has been made a billion times), I am pretty sure he sells them which is a BIG nono with gamestop.

2.) He is a flaming douchebag to all his customers. I don;t know if all UK people are pomous selfrighteous assholes but this one is. Stay away at all costs. MFer needs to stop beeing a jackass and brush his teeth.[/QUOTE]

LOL I know exactly who you're talking about. Dean is the fuckers name. Yeah man that jerk is definitely up there on the list of retailer douchebags. I was buying Lost Planet CE with that $10 off coupon 3 weeks ago and he mutters "I hated this game" during checkout. So the hell what ya know, I don't want your damn pompous British opinion just sell me the damn game...and brush your teeth.

[quote name='darth007']Hmmmm I might start doing that $20 CC giftcard thing whenever it's in the ad then...

I'm just curious do any of you go to the flea markets around town? If not where do all of you usually go for cheap games? I feel the flea market's the only place to get cheap games now since every time there's a clearance/sale at a retail store everything's gone so quickly. When I went to CC for the 1600 pt. cards at 11am they were already gone! When I look at the clearance bin at any store all that's left is crap. There's more instances but I can't remember right now cause I'm wasted. It's so frustrating. I feel like this city is full of Fatwallet and Slickdeals fucks. I wanna move to fn Palatka or something just so I have no competition to the deals haha. Yeah right, I'll fn get killed by a shotgun in redneck territory.[/QUOTE]

i went to the flea market on beach just past 9A last week. there are two full time game tables there, but one of them was closing down. the guy was selling all last-gen games 3 for $15, but one of them had to be a sports title. i picked up guitar hero and super smash brothers and madden 07 for xbox. not a bad deal at all. the other booth had nothing.
the flea market up at pecan park is a little tougher. one booth has all kinds of games, but the guy routinely sells on line, so he knows what things cost and won't deal with you.
good luck

Anyone see if TRU is cleared out? If anyone needs me to check for anything I will be going before noon, Post in this tread or PM me if you need anything.

I'll be at the Best Buy on Atlantic.....How will i be able to find you guys? I might even be thier working...since I work for the news, we should be doing a story about this....hopefully i can talk them into going to best buy...see you guys monday.

[quote name='mm2barry']i went to the flea market on beach just past 9A last week. there are two full time game tables there, but one of them was closing down. the guy was selling all last-gen games 3 for $15, but one of them had to be a sports title. i picked up guitar hero and super smash brothers and madden 07 for xbox. not a bad deal at all. the other booth had nothing.
the flea market up at pecan park is a little tougher. one booth has all kinds of games, but the guy routinely sells on line, so he knows what things cost and won't deal with you.
good luck[/quote]

I know who you are talking about...That old man is an asshat. One day I went and asked him if he had any saturn multitaps...he said "I'm sure I do, somewhere" but he couldn't be bothered to look for it....asshat

[quote name='sying']That was me. Bring your CAG bracelet or confirmation and we will share in pizza goodness.[/quote]

What kind of confirmation? A print out of my profile?

See you there!

Damnit I just realized that. Great. Well I'll fn get to Best Buy around 6. I'll also get a grande meal from Taco Bell so the first 8 to ask me for a taco gets one!

[quote name='darth007']Damnit I just realized that. Great. Well I'll fn get to Best Buy around 6. I'll also get a grande meal from Taco Bell so the first 8 to ask me for a taco gets one![/quote]

Sounds good to me!

[quote name='darth007']Damnit I just realized that. Great. Well I'll fn get to Best Buy around 6. I'll also get a grande meal from Taco Bell so the first 8 to ask me for a taco gets one![/QUOTE]

I will ask you can I eat your taco?

I'll be there after 10... Hero's waits for no man. Also I am thinking of bringing my TV 360 and my halo 3 just to play it there and piss some people off.

LOL just ask for a taco and I'll hand one to you. I'll get 5 hard and 5 soft. If I'm feeling generous I'll get more.

BTW now that I know all of you are showing up at night... I'll probably kill time at the Regency Mall arcade until 9.

Sorry, I went to the the Blanding BB. My friends were at the Regency one and I call them around 9 and they tell me there were more than 25 people already so I just decided to save gas and go to the closer BB. BTW they were also giving away free stuff. It was not worth it for my westside living self to go all the way out there. You will all get tacos next time there's a midnight launch, if you go to the westside/Orange Park that is.

I'm visiting home and I went a little shop-happy because I finally have a car again.

Circuit City at Regency still has tons of stuff from the last two clearances, such as God Hand and Wario Ware GC. I picked up Karaoke Revolution American Idol Edition for PS2, game only, for $13.

Sears at Regency had some great clearance stuff right outside their electronics department. I picked up Rogue Galaxy (PS2) for $8.99. I saw Super Mario Strikers (GC) for about $10 too.

Best Buy at Regency has nothing special.

Target at Regency has a few games marked "Clearance," but I think they were all recent pricedrops. Final Fantasy XII for $19.99, Splinter Cell Double Agent (Wii) for $19.99, and a bunch of the usual shovelware DS stuff for less than that.

I'm gonna check out TRU on Tuesday for the B2G2 sale.

bread's done
Back