Jacksonville CAGs

Hot Like Wasabi

CAGiversary!
Here it is, at the request from the Florida thread.

Anyways, I hit two Rhinos yesterday (3rd St / Kernan) and walked away with Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) for $9.50 and The Suffering:Ties that Bind (xbox) for $4.50, both new. Nothing for PS2 had really gotten a big markdown yet but here are a few more titles I spotted:

King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) - $9.50
Odama (GC) - $24
Arena Football (xbox) - $7.50

Also, I am trying to sell a copy of Burning Rangers, signed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima with a disc only Dragon Force thrown in for $150 if any body is interested ;)

Was down at Avenue's Mall doing some Xmas shopping and hit up the BB there for Lost Season 3 on Blu-Ray. That was on sale for $64.99, pretty good deal. I got there about 10 minutes before closing and they were setting up for a sale starting tomorrow (on 12/14/07) managers special was Halo 3 LTD Ed 360 systems for $349.99. Had a sign on them that stated "This Location ONLY"They only had about 15 piled up. An awsome deal for someone who wanted this version at the normal premium price.

I went scouting around town today...didn't really see a whole lot worth noting at any of the Gamestops on Southside or at the Town Center (all four of them, what is life coming to when there are four Gamestops in a three mile radius...)

I guess it's worthwhile to mention that all of them had Rock Band in stock for the 360.

[quote name='Gamerguy']I went scouting around town today...didn't really see a whole lot worth noting at any of the Gamestops on Southside or at the Town Center (all four of them, what is life coming to when there are four Gamestops in a three mile radius...)

I guess it's worthwhile to mention that all of them had Rock Band in stock for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Its pretty bad this holiday season. I was at the neptune store and the whole store was employed by Providince School kids, and managed by someone barely out of HS. Jeez it literally took 30 minutes to buy a av cable and there was only one person in front of me...

Real gamestop interview:

Manager:
Warm body... check
Can write your name on the app?... check

Youre hired!!!

I know it, right? It's crazy. I've been up in Atlanta the past few months and the store organization there sucks at all the EBs/Gamestops I've visited, but at least the employees were competent.

The Gamestop on Southside across from the old Rhino (which is now another Gamestop on Southside) has a BROKEN Rock Band wired guitar for Xbox 360. If you're interested, I suppose you could send it into EA to get a new one. They're asking $35 for it. The whammy bar is broken and the neck is slightly cracked, so that might be too much damage for EA to fix for free.

[quote name='Gamerguy']I know it, right? It's crazy. I've been up in Atlanta the past few months and the store organization there sucks at all the EBs/Gamestops I've visited, but at least the employees were competent.

The Gamestop on Southside across from the old Rhino (which is now another Gamestop on Southside) has a BROKEN Rock Band wired guitar for Xbox 360. If you're interested, I suppose you could send it into EA to get a new one. They're asking $35 for it. The whammy bar is broken and the neck is slightly cracked, so that might be too much damage for EA to fix for free.[/QUOTE]

Sweeeet, I will definately pick that up, maybe after I wait in line to buy a $250 voucher for a wii reserve that I may or may not get until January 25th. /sarcasm

Seriously I'm thinking of going independents only... the only thing is that they don't get the schwag/freebies that the big boxes get. Le sigh...

[quote name='sying']Seriously I'm thinking of going independents only... the only thing is that they don't get the schwag/freebies that the big boxes get. Le sigh...[/quote]
That may change soon Sying, we pulled a little bit of a fast one on an unsuspecting employee of a major chain and got the contact info for all the reps for our area:cool: We shall see!!:D

[quote name='shanonw76']That may change soon Sying, we pulled a little bit of a fast one on an unsuspecting employee of a major chain and got the contact info for all the reps for our area:cool: We shall see!!:D[/QUOTE]

Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge.

Hey how bout a clue in on the holiday sale?! Not that I'm not going to go up there this weekend... but I might bring a bigger wallet!

Here's what's currently going on:
Buy 1 Get 1 Free on DVD's/Boxsets
Buy 1 Get 1 Free on all old school (Except collector's corner)
We've upped the discount for system purchases, Buy any system (NEW or Pre-Played) and get 20% off any pre-played accessories or games for that system(no limit)
Playstation One are now $14.95(white and grey models)
GBS SP's are now $39.95 (good fodder for the DS Lite Bonus Trade deal Gamestop is doing-need more info on how to flip it, let me know)
Just finished our latest round of 360 price drops
And the store now looks very different since the last time you graced us with your presence. We finally got the move done. That's it for now.

For the B2G1 free deal at GS, the mandrin GS had Unreal and Time Crisis 4 as well as a good stock of 360 games. I would buy them if my wallet wasn't crying and I didnt have a stack of blu and HD movies to watch...

I went by the EBstop on Southside to pick up a copy of Rock Band as they had plenty a few days earlier. I came in and asked if they had any, and the guy behind the counter laughed at me. "You're looking for THAT on Christmas Eve?! Good luck!" I proceeded to ask if they had any Wiis to piss him off, and left.

Stopped by Kmart on Beach on the way home, and behold, they had six Special Edition bundles in stock. I don't think I'll be shopping at that EB any time soon.

[quote name='sying']shannon, a good deal of blu's at the southside GS (the old Rhino). Probally ones you already have though[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to stop by when I'm down there next time.

There might be some decent Gamecube games at some of the Blockbusters around here. It looks like many of them are beginning to clear out their Gamecube stock.

i know it's short notice, but just in case..

GTRFlyer.jpg

Also, Special Guests:
PMS Clan
EA Tiburon
Zune Team
Team Hitman
GameBreakers

is there a good pawn shop ring around here? i occasionally look at the one on atlantic and mayport road, but there's never anything worth buying. i had a great route in tampa, but alas, not in jville

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Any of you Jacksonville cats hitting the Orlando Megacon?[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't Jacksonville have anything going for it?

The Blockbuster on Atlantic and St. Johns now rents DS games for 4.99. Its only like 8 games now, Animal Crossing, MarioKart, Zelda, etc.. I'm kinda hoping we get a gamecrazy. Any ohter BB that rents DS games in Jax.

[quote name='fcakira']The Blockbuster on Atlantic and St. Johns now rents DS games for 4.99. Its only like 8 games now, Animal Crossing, MarioKart, Zelda, etc.. I'm kinda hoping we get a gamecrazy. Any ohter BB that rents DS games in Jax.[/QUOTE]

As a former employee of the now-closed Beach and University Blockbuster, I know no other stores were renting DS games in Jacksonville as of November 2007.

Looks like this thread has hit a slow period. I'm coming back to Jacksonville for the summer and I'll have a car again so I'm probably going to use the month of May as a spending spree...

The Blockbuster on US17 and St. Johns is renting DS games too. I bet all these stores were clearing out their Gamecube inventory to make shelf space for the DS games.

Target @ Regency still has a few "Made for PS3" HDMI cables marked down 75% to $9.98.
Since HDMI is HDMI, I picked up 3 for use with game systems to LCD tv, dvd, etc...
3 for the price of 1 if I had bought them at Best Buy.

RFK

[quote name='redfactionkiller']Target @ Regency still has a few "Made for PS3" HDMI cables marked down 75% to $9.98.
Since HDMI is HDMI, I picked up 3 for use with game systems to LCD tv, dvd, etc...
3 for the price of 1 if I had bought them at Best Buy.

RFK[/QUOTE]

I got the last ones sucka!

J/K I picked up two at San Jose location. Along with orange box PS3 for 30.00. PM me if you need a HDMI, will sell at cost.

[quote name='sying']I got the last ones sucka!

J/K I picked up two at San Jose location. Along with orange box PS3 for 30.00. PM me if you need a HDMI, will sell at cost.[/quote]

It's all good! I picked up 3 that day and got a copy of the Simpsons Game for $12 @ Target San Jose today.
Now all I need is that 37" lcd I've been eyeing.

RFK

Just FYI,
I visited Target stores in Oakleaf, Wells Rd, San Jose and Regency and each store had at least 1 wii if anyone is looking. Wal-Mart Fernandina has like 10.
Also, Target San Jose had 2 Guitar Hero for PC & Mac for $55.99.

I am trying to find some of these "deals" I have seen on here at Target and Best Buy, but our stores don't seem to mark down too much.

RFK

The Target in St. John's Town Center has around 10 copies of The Simpsons for PS3 for $12.48. They're on an end cap behind the VG section, facing the TV's. They also have plenty of copies of Motorstorm (think they were about $25) and Lair (same price).

You can get Crackdown for $9 on the Microsoft Retail ExpertZone site. That's the best deal I've seen on it, but it's only $20 used at Gamestop anyways.

Circuit City at Atlantic / Southside (Regency) has a ton of copies of Condemned (the first one) for Xbox 360 at $14.99. The rest looked like the usual crap.

[quote name='sying']Orange Box PS3 at Regency Target for 14.98, also Simpsons for 29.98[/quote]

Were there many left? I'd like to pick one up to check out Portal. Hopefully the one of US-17 has it for the same price. Otherwise I'll have my friend stop by the Regency one after work tomorrow. Thanks sying.

Unfortunately, by the time my friend got there (about 4:30 pm), all of them were gone. If anyone happened to pick up an extra one and would be willing to sell it for the clearance price, send me a PM. Thanks.

Are you kidding me? I went last night and there was 5-6 on the end cap. I'll make my rounds this weekend, if i see one I'll PM you

[quote name='sying']Are you kidding me? I went last night and there was 5-6 on the end cap. I'll make my rounds this weekend, if i see one I'll PM you[/quote]

Most appreciated. I don't really know the Regency area that well, but the Target my friend went to is the one on Monument Rd near the mall. He saw the Simpsons game, and some NBA games, but not The Orange Box. It wasn't behind the case either.

Best Buy @ the Airport has a little section up by customer service with 50% off titles across all platforms. PS3, 360, PS2, DS, PSP.

It pays to have them scan the item. I was ready to pay $20 for Stranglehold for 360, but it rang up $30, plus 50% off. $15 isn't bad. Also picked up Bully for PS2 $10.

Some titles I remember: (these are for both 360 and PS3)
Stranglehold
NHL 08
Simpsons Game
Final Fantasy VII online extension pack?
PGR4

and a lot of PSP and DS games.

I just came from the Target in Yulee (Northside). They had 5 copies of Orange box for PS3 $14.98 and 2 copies of Simpsons Game PS3 $12.48.

The orange box was still locked in their PS3 game case, the simpsons game was on a back endcap.

Hey Sying, long time no see! Just got back from deployment, so here's some updates.

Recent Price Drops of note at Game Over!
All Pre-viewed Blu-Ray (except boxsets) now $14.95
PP-Assasins Creed (PS3/360) $22.95 [29.99@GS]
PP-Halo 3 (360) 34.95 [49.99@GS]

Buy 1 get 1 free on DVD's is back.
New SMB Toys/keychains are in along with some Club Nintendo(JAP) Stuff
Silver JAP PS3 Systems now in stock and going fast! $429.95 (region free)

That's it for now, just wanted to stop in and say hi. Some new sales are coming up and I'll keep everyone posted.

P.S. Was at Target in Yulee and saw GHIII faceplates (PS3/360) on clearance for $3.74 in case anyones looking. Had about 15 on and endcap down by the Phones and Ipod stuff.

[quote name='redfactionkiller']Best Buy @ the Airport has a little section up by customer service with 50% off titles across all platforms. PS3, 360, PS2, DS, PSP.

It pays to have them scan the item. I was ready to pay $20 for Stranglehold for 360, but it rang up $30, plus 50% off. $15 isn't bad. Also picked up Bully for PS2 $10.

Some titles I remember: (these are for both 360 and PS3)
Stranglehold
NHL 08
Simpsons Game
Final Fantasy VII online extension pack?
PGR4

and a lot of PSP and DS games.[/QUOTE]

Making a trip up to Game Over Yulee tomorrow so I'll pick you up a copy @ Target if you want. PM me and I'll give you my mobile#.

Oh Target at Town Center:
The Club (in case)
Kane and Lynch (in case)
Motor Storm
Lair
All above 30$
Boogie PS2 15$

NEW Gamecube 70, i think the ones with component digital output.

Beat me to the punch for Target at the Town Center's deals. I've restricted myself to buying 360 games now since I realized I haven't finished a Wii game since Super Mario Galaxy. As much as I hate to admit it, the achievements give me a reason to finish a game...anyways, nothing worthwhile for 360 owners at the Targets on San Jose, at the Town Center, or at Regency that I noticed.

If you guys feel so inclined, check out TRAQ 3D on San Jose. It's in the shopping strip just north of Target next to Kinko's (less than a mile north of I-295). It's a gaming-for-fitness gym. Basically, they have simple "games" that are played by running around in front of a giant screen. The games aren't great, but it's actually quite a bit of fun. I've started developing games, and I made the Breakout game they have there. I'm pretty sure that the first session is free because they're having an open house all-month to attract business. They'll be adding more of my games throughout the summer.

[quote name='Gamerguy']Beat me to the punch for Target at the Town Center's deals. I've restricted myself to buying 360 games now since I realized I haven't finished a Wii game since Super Mario Galaxy. As much as I hate to admit it, the achievements give me a reason to finish a game...anyways, nothing worthwhile for 360 owners at the Targets on San Jose, at the Town Center, or at Regency that I noticed.

If you guys feel so inclined, check out TRAQ 3D on San Jose. It's in the shopping strip just north of Target next to Kinko's (less than a mile north of I-295). It's a gaming-for-fitness gym. Basically, they have simple "games" that are played by running around in front of a giant screen. The games aren't great, but it's actually quite a bit of fun. I've started developing games, and I made the Breakout game they have there. I'm pretty sure that the first session is free because they're having an open house all-month to attract business. They'll be adding more of my games throughout the summer.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, a place to bring my date this weekend!

Also I'd like to thank they guys at game over, yulee. Awesome experience as always

Best Buy @ the Airport still has PS3, 360, PSP, DS and PS2 games near their customer service desk that are 50% off.
The prices marked on the games are not necessarily correct, so check 'em.

I picked up The Darkness 360 for $9.99.
They still had 1 Stranglehold 360 left for $14.99

Yulee Target still has PS3 Orange Box for $14.98 - 2 copies left

[quote name='davidjinfla']does the best buy near Regency have the same deals as the airport?[/QUOTE]

Maybe, probably not though. Best Buy deals are very YMMV.

WalMart will be selling the 40GB PS3 for $399 and you get a free $100 WM GC. June 1-7

K-Mart apparently has the XBox 360 "Vision Pack" (Gold annual XBL membership and webcam) for $20 clearance if you can find it. At least that is what I have seen on other threads. Fernandina store doesn't have any, so I can't confirm.

If anyone sees a $20 vision pack, let me know. I can't see paying $50 for XBL gold.

bread's done
Back