Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reminder. Just ordered. :)

It was at 0-5% and I own the Ayesha and Eschatology LE's, so I should probably round out the collection with this one.
I was on the fence about this once since I already own the PS3 LE. I went as far as to sign into paypal before deciding against it. I'm expecting a son/daughter in June, so my LEs will be quite limited for awhile. :-({|=

Inb4 Capcom says there is not enough fan demand for a new Darkstalkers again
If they made a quality product that was worth a damn, I don't see it being an issue. But when you take great games and franchises, and run them in to the ground, yeah, you burn many bridges in the process.

Nothing they have announced recently do I have any plans to buy, unless there in the bargain bin. If they actually updated Darkstalkers to the full on treatment SF has gotten over the years, it would probably be the only game I would buy from them for full price in over a decade.

As nothing else they are doing currently is of the slightest interest to me. Phoenix Wright is the only game I still play, and the latest title was released digital only, so I'm waiting on 50% off, as I feel burned for buying the last one digital day one to get a physical version(which they didn't make happen as they suggested) Capcom is probably the only company still around that I hate more than "N" at this point.

'N" is at the very least consistent in their level of stupidity, but Capcom is all over the map. fuck EM!

Weird, I just canceled mine form Amazon this morning at 4am. Had it coming from Best Buy and kept my Amazon order as a backup but was not about to order two of these things so luckily I was able to stop them from sending it today. Oddly enough though my Best Buy order still hasn't shipped yet and that was preordered on the first day it was available. Hope they plan on sending it overnight.
They probably will. My Last Guardian CE from Best Buy shipped last night / this morning with a scheduled arrival tomorrow. I canceled and replaced my order about a week or so ago for the Visa Checkout deal.

Did you get the email about the pre-order bonus DLC? This didn't show up as a separate 'free' item on my original order, but it did with the new one and I got an email with the code a couple of days ago.

I just found out that Amazon shipped my Last Guardian CE in the same box as a case of children's juice boxes that my wife ordered from them. Looking forward to seeing what kind of shape it arrives in.

Here's some free PSN stuff from PSX. Some are Japanese related, others are not. Enjoy!

Windjammers Theme

4JKG-65NB-K6N8

Persona 5 Theme

N99F-RQND-2AHM

RIGS Theme

4A4K-AMN4-E2GK

Headlander PS4 Game

6A73-KBNM-9A24

Sapphire Paint Job DLC for EVE: Valkyrie

N449-ERNA-N9P6

*pokes my head in* Well it has been some time sense I was here. Kinda miss the mess of niche games. lol
Awesome! How's the family doing? I remember you said once that you bought the Neptunia U LE just for the body pillow cover, and was going to change your son's pillow with the Neptune one while he was sleeping, and I thought that was the funniest thing ever. That was like a year or two ago too...

Is this a third person shooter? Looks like a Senran Kagura game but everyone has the gun/long-range loadout. Never played Splatoon, but this reminds me a lot of Star Wars Battlefront (new one), where the guns are a bit slower and everything is balanced out so one person can't really dominate the playing field like in traditional shooters. That Rin doe...

Awesome! How's the family doing? I remember you said once that you bought the Neptunia U LE just for the body pillow cover, and was going to change your son's pillow with the Neptune one while he was sleeping, and I thought that was the funniest thing ever. That was like a year or two ago too...
That is creepy in multiple ways.

That is creepy in multiple ways.
I don't know how "creepy" it is, I just find it pretty funny. Also, it's nice to know people actually open and find the items in CEs useful. I remember a few people here saying they actually used the Neptunia Victory CE as a lunch box.

I don't know how "creepy" it is, I just find it pretty funny. Also, it's nice to know people actually open and find the items in CEs useful. I remember a few people here saying they actually used the Neptunia Victory CE as a lunch box.
Mhm, I agree, that is rather nice to see. Rather than just having an expensive sealed paper weight. Using it as a lunch box though? That's rather interesting.

Has anyone picked up the physical release of Rez Infinite? I'm very on the fence about it. The $40 price tag is perfectly reasonable, but the shipping costs are absurd, and I've heard some very bad things about I Am 8 Bit.

Has anyone picked up the physical release of Rez Infinite? I'm very on the fence about it. The $40 price tag is perfectly reasonable, but the shipping costs are absurd, and I've heard some very bad things about I Am 8 Bit.
This might add to the list of bad things you've heard, but yes and they haven't shipped yet. :p

Thanks for the reminder. Just ordered. :)

It was at 0-5% and I own the Ayesha and Eschatology LE's, so I should probably round out the collection with this one.
it says 11-25% right now. Can anyone answer my question from earlier on whether the plus version tied up the dusk trilogies story line or does it leave it unfinished still?

That happens a lot to Tri-ace games.

Resonance of Fate got overshadowed by FFXIII, even though it was a really good game.
General opinion of it was too steep a learning curve. That does it no favors there. add insult to injury the 13 or so difficulties I recall it having require beating the game each time to unlock them.

Huzzah for getting it before Christmas. Glad to see WayForward didn't let Nintendo screw the release for everybody else with their slow approvals. I'm just sad I didn't back it so I could start playing next week. I was going to but then completely forgot about it and was too late.

Also good to hear about Nier releasing on PC simultaneously with console. Though that can take a backseat to Shantae right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like Nier doesn't actually have a release date for the PC version as of right now and Square-Enix is saying the previous information is false. Son of a bitch.

Put about five hours into Last Guardian so far. It's a beautiful mix of both Ico and SotC. I've had a couple of glitches, but the checkpoint system is very generous so you won't lose any significant game time if you have to restart. 

I've got a sneaking suspicion that this game will be a pain in the ass to speedrun. 

Free PSN junk this week:

GOD EATER 2 RAGE BURST

PS4

Collaboration Costume Pack - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/god-eater-2-rage-burst-dlc-collaboration-costume-pack/cid=UP0700-CUSA03305_00-GE2RB00000000001

Vita

Collaboration Costume Pack - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/god-eater-2-rage-burst-dlc-collaboration-costume-pack/cid=UP0700-PCSE00789_00-GE2RB00000000001

PaRappa The Rapper Remastered

PS4

Demo - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/parappa-the-rapper-remastered/cid=UP9000-CUSA05289_00-UCUS987020000001

Indivisible

PS4

1st Anniversary Dynamic Theme - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/indivisible-1st-anniversary-dynamic-theme/cid=UP4040-CUSA07000_00-UTH0000000007190

RESIDENT EVIL 7

PS4

Dynamic Theme (PS+ Exclusive) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/resident-evil-7-biohazard-theme/cid=UP0102-CUSA03962_00-BH700000THEME002

The Indivisible theme is listed as a static theme, but it is indeed a dynamic theme with its own music too. The God Eater stuff apparently was put up last week, however it must've been rather late. There's also a Holiday Sale (Week 1) that has started on PSN as well. I noticed quite a few Japanese games listed in it. Finally, I'll probably do a write-up on Final Fantasy XV soon'ish.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/12/06/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-getting-gamestop-exclusive-physical-reissues-for-playstation-4-xbox-one/

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 PS4/X1 is getting an exclusive retail release through Gamestop. $29.99
I hope it is an actual disc this time and not like the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (PS3) Gamestop exclusive retail version which was just a code in a PS3 box.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Capcom-PS3-Playstation-2009-Exclusive/dp/B00A8WHHUQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1481063780&sr=1-2&keywords=marvel+vs+capcom+2+ps3

Dragon Quest VIII Pre Order Bonus

Nice to see we are getting something.

DQ8_Gs.jpg

For those Overwatch players here, the Christmas event (and loot boxes with skins and such) start next Tuesday, December 13th. The new map will likely be put into rotation then if it hasn't been added already (Last I knew it was still on the PTR).

Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/806196531795673088

For those Overwatch players here, the Christmas event (and loot boxes with skins and such) start next Tuesday, December 13th. The new map will likely be put into rotation then if it hasn't been added already (Last I knew it was still on the PTR).

Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/806196531795673088
King's Row is my absolute favorite level, and I almost never get it when I play. Now I know I'll never see it at all during the xmas event. I must've seen Halloween Hollywood a total of two times in my time playing that event.

Here's a fun clip I had of me playing Mei in the arena a few days ago. Spoilering it because nobody should really give a shit, but hey I thought it was pretty cool:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7OjScHIDU

Awesome! Hoping for Santa's Sexy Little Helper Mercy costume.

I wonder if the other 17 people on the CAG Overwatch Community would play this time...

I wonder if the other 17 people on the CAG Overwatch Community would play this time...
Christmas break from school starts for me on December 19. I'll still be working from like 5pm est to 11pmish every weekday but if you're on send me an invite. I've got the phone app so I'll get it.

Edit: also The Dead Texan- people like you are why I hate fighting Meis =_=

Not a member of the CAG Overwatch Community yet, but count me in. My son will be getting Overwatch (PS4) for Christmas, which kind of means that I'm getting it as well. Lol

Gamestop has been commited to physical releases lately. Duke Nukem, Song of the Deep, One Piece Red Vita.
Yeah, that's the one good thing about GS, is that their business is based on physical, so they will offer it when ever possible. Sadly, you may also get an opened game or other issues along with your physical copy, but at least they are in support of physical, when most of the industry is not.

Not a member of the CAG Overwatch Community yet, but count me in. My son will be getting Overwatch (PS4) for Christmas, which kind of means that I'm getting it as well. Lol
Nice, I love playing with newer players because the matchmaking system tends to match you up with other lower level players. Makes games far less sweaty :p

bread's done
Back