Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
why would a person defend this I wonder.

So many other companies do DLC the right way, too; they offer games that feel like complete experiences without the DLC.   This is like a F2P business model yet you're still paying full price for the game upfront.  It's unreal how people have become conditioned to not even question this stuff anymore. 

The simple answer is don't buy the game if you don't like it.  I hate the fact that I still like Capcom games.  I'm 50/50 on returning this game and not buying any more games from them.  and I buy a fuck ton of games.  In fact, the verdict is starting to appear pretty obvious for a casual player and supporter.

Capcom isn't nearly as bad as a lot of other companies when it comes to DLC, but everyone acts like they're the worst ever.

I don't get it.

I hope the new Sonic Movie is just as good as Dragonball Z Evolution and is directed by M. Night Shyamalan
hhgj.jpg
I remember that Dragonball movie. Killed at least 3 careers.

Call of Duty, Borderlands, Mass Effect, Battlefield, The Witcher 3, Super Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, etc offer complete gaming experiences for $60.  That's the difference.  Their DLC is just icing on the cake for people that want to continue their adventures. 

SF5 is launching with 16 characters.

What's this 40% off with Amazon prime I'm hearing about? Can anyone let me in on that?

I'm unsure if I want to switch Grand Kingdom to Amazon because I'm planning on getting the grand edition. But I definitely want to switch Stranger of Sword City... but isn't the prime discount only 20%?
It's glitching on games that don't have it applied when they go live. Something is flagging it twice so people are getting 40% off, so people are putting in preorders now in the hopes that it will happen repeatedly.

Managed to hit up Fry's on my class break, nabbed one of those sexy Street Fighter V Fight Pads. They had them all out, but the Shoryuken one was calling my name. (Even though the Shadaloo one was awesome too).

Also found a copy of Wasteland 2 for 10 bucks.

It's glitching on games that don't have it applied when they go live. Something is flagging it twice so people are getting 40% off, so people are putting in preorders now in the hopes that it will happen repeatedly.
All I can say, it was working as of 2 days ago when Amazon adjusted my regular copy of Grand Kingdom.

I see. Thanks for the answer.

Man... so potentially I could pay like $50 for the limited edition of Grand Kingdom, but because of my "collector's OCD", I'm still having trouble letting go of the $100 grand edition.

Am I fucked in the head? Is anyone else this lacking in self control?

Man... so potentially I could pay like $50 for the limited edition of Grand Kingdom, but because of my "collector's OCD", I'm still having trouble letting go of the $100 grand edition.

Am I fucked in the head? Does anyone this lacking in self control?
You are not fucked. For we are all fucked.

The normies are the ones who are fucked

why would a person defend this I wonder.

So many other companies do DLC the right way, too; they offer games that feel like complete experiences without the DLC. This is like a F2P business model yet you're still paying full price for the game upfront. It's unreal how people have become conditioned to not even question this stuff anymore.

The simple answer is don't buy the game if you don't like it. I hate the fact that I still like Capcom games. I'm 50/50 on returning this game and not buying any more games from them. and I buy a fuck ton of games. In fact, the verdict is starting to appear pretty obvious for a casual player and supporter.
What is wrong with Capcom's DLC for SFV? I'll be the first to shame Capcom for their practices on SFxT, in which they literally sold us content they cut and locked away on the disc. But with SFV, they're actually continuing to create content after their initial development cycle, which is just them supporting their game. They also offer ways to earn that content without actually paying for it. That's awesome in my book.

What is wrong with Capcom's DLC for SFV? I'll be the first to shame Capcom for their practices on SFxT, in which they literally sold us content they cut and locked away on the disc. But with SFV, they're actually continuing to content after their initial development cycle, which is just them supporting their game. They also offer ways to earn that content without actually paying for it. That's awesome in my book.
I agree with this sentiment. As long as they dont announce a Ultra SSFV in a year.

I understand the character roster is small compared to most other fighters, but there is a hell of a lot of depth and polish in these characters. (Compared to something like MvC2)

Black Rose Valkyrie character trailer, story
Compile Heart has updated the official website for Black Rose Valkyrie, its newly announced PlayStation 4 RPG featuring character design by Kosuke Fujishima and a scenario by Takumi Miyajima, with a character trailer.

Digimon World: Next Order screenshots
Bandai Namco has updated the official Digimon World: Next Order website with four new screenshots.

Attack on Titan PS4 Video Shows Costumes, Battle Gameplay; New Artwork Released
The video shows some battle gameplay, with Eren and Armin wearing some rather peculiar costumes.

What is wrong with Capcom's DLC for SFV? I'll be the first to shame Capcom for their practices on SFxT, in which they literally sold us content they cut and locked away on the disc. But with SFV, they're actually continuing to create content after their initial development cycle, which is just them supporting their game. They also offer ways to earn that content without actually paying for it. That's awesome in my book.
Theyre basically doing it the Killer Instinct way. Cept you can get the DLC characters for free

Edited the Wiki,

Added DOAX3, Moero Crystal, Gundam Xtreme Vs (All Asian Editions), and IAVT The Best, to the Import Preorders tab.

I would give the link for playasia, but for some reason I can't do that nice link thing Draekon does. It comes out like [post='cheapassgamer.com']sorry no work[/post]

If someone can teach me how to mask a link with text, I'll gladly add it in next time I edit it.

Also added Nep Tag, and Trillion to the Vita Standard preorders section, but I'm confused if I put it in the right place since there is a basic release list as well.

Sorry if anything is incorrect, I'll make sure to learn and correct myself as I go along, just trying to contribute a bit to the thread. Thanks!

Edit: I would also like to add Dell links to the Pokken, Fates, and Street Fighter V, and any future niche preorders, since Dell gives $15 GCs, and sometimes $25 GCs, if you don't mind. 

Eve: Burst Error R opening movie, Visual Novel Remake Due Out on April 28 in Japan
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/eve-burst-error-r-opening-movie

Attack on Titan PS4 Video Shows Costumes, Battle Gameplay, New Artwork Released
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/02/11/attack-on-titan-ps4-video-shows-costumes-battle-gameplay/

Original Starter Pokémon Trio Now Available in Super Mario Maker
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/02/11/original-starter-pokemon-trio-now-available-in-super-mario-maker/192654/

Remember that Gundam Extreme Vs Force is slated for a Western Release too.
Thanks! I noticed that someone added it into the Vita Standard Releases, but wasn't sure if it was in the right place. Good to know that we get a western version.

Does anyone happen to know anything about the new JoJo's game? I remember someone saying an Asian/English version, or Western version was going to come out, so I didn't import it.

Edit: Thanks godofwar7, thanks exactly what I meant!

Also forgot to add Sonico for the PC, and King of Fighters 14 for PS4, will do it when I have time.

Edited the Wiki,

Added DOAX3, Moero Crystal, Gundam Xtreme Vs (All Asian Editions), and IAVT The Best, to the Import Preorders tab.

I would give the link for playasia, but for some reason I can't do that nice link thing Draekon does. It comes out like [post='cheapassgamer.com']sorry no work[/post]

If someone can teach me how to mask a link with text, I'll gladly add it in next time I edit it.

Also added Nep Tag, and Trillion to the Vita Standard preorders section, but I'm confused if I put it in the right place since there is a basic release list as well.

Sorry if anything is incorrect, I'll make sure to learn and correct myself as I go along, just trying to contribute a bit to the thread. Thanks!

Edit: I would also like to add Dell links to the Pokken, Fates, and Street Fighter V, and any future niche preorders, since Dell gives $15 GCs, and sometimes $25 GCs, if you don't mind.
highlight text then click the link button ( to the left of the image button) and paste the url in.

I think thats what youre asking for anyway.

Ys VIII details Raksha, Sahad, The Isle of Seiren, and Ancient Species

Falcom has released new Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana information and screenshots, detailing new characters Raksha and Sahad, who were first introduced in Dengeki PlayStation, as well as the Isle of the Seiren where the game is set and the Ancient Species that inhabits it.

Final Fantasy XV official Japanese blog opened

Square Enix has opened the official Japanese blog for Final Fantasy XV.

Final Fantasy IX iOS / Android vs PS One Graphics Comparison Video

Arc System Works’ BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend Releasing on Steam on March 2nd

The new PC version will be released on March 2nd, supporting English, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean languages. It also features the Chronophantasma mode for those who wish to play the game with earlier balance settings.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Arcade teaser website opened

Square Enix has opened the official teaser website for its newly announced Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: All-Star Carnival for arcades.

Thanks! I noticed that someone added it into the Vita Standard Releases, but wasn't sure if it was in the right place. Good to know that we get a western version.
I just added the standard release list quickly yesterday. There's games missing from it and the pre-orders sections is far from finished (missing games and wrong dates). If it's not done by someone else sooner, I will be going through it in more detail tomorrow.

I also don't really know much about AmiAmi, but I don't think they sell asian versions. So you won't find links for them on that site.

Pretty sure Amiami only sells Japanese language versions. I've ordered figures from them many times and have looked into their game releases. I only ordered a single ds game from them and it was Japanese only.

Am I fucked in the head? Is anyone else this lacking in self control?
I'm in a different but somewhat similar situation. I preordered the Grand Edition on Vita and was going to leave it at that, but the potential double discount is making me want to double dip on the PS4 LE.

I'm in a different but somewhat similar situation. I preordered the Grand Edition on Vita and was going to leave it at that, but the potential double discount is making me want to double dip on the PS4 LE.
You may have missed out--the product page for the PS4 LE now shows the Prime discount, though my preorder hasn't updated with any discount(s) yet.

Eve: Burst Error R opening movie
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/eve-burst-error-r-opening-movie

Umbrella Corps unveils Resident Evil 5-themed Kijuju map
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/umbrella-corps-unveils-resident-evil-5-themed-kijuju-map

Experience wants you to review Stranger of Sword City for Xbox One
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/experience-wants-you-review-stranger-sword-city-xbox-one

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round’s Valentine’s Day breakable costumes screenshots and trailer
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/02/12/dead-or-alive-5-last-rounds-valentines-day-breakable-costumes-gets-sexy-screenshots-and-trailer/

Phantasy Star Online 2’s new expansion “Reborn: Episode4” gets new trailer
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/02/12/phantasy-star-online-2s-new-expansion-reborn-episode4-gets-new-trailer/

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution's first in-game match footage of Akuma and Nina
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2016/02/tekken-7-fated-retribution-first-in.html

Check out the first hour of the English version of Project X Zone 2
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/02/12/project-x-zone-2-check-out-the-first-hour-of-the-english-version/

Street Fighter V 'Rashid" character introduction trailer
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/02/12/new-street-fighter-v-trailer-shows-rashid-thworing-wind-around-in-smooth-60-fps/

Dude, that's some bat Shit insanity right there. And this is coming from someone who has bought every Nisa LE for the last 5 years.

Went through a populated links as I had some time today. There are still a few things missing (mostly games not listed) that I may go through tomorrow and double-check. I think a couple under the CE section are missing links as well. Earlier this morning I cleaned up the import section and added links for those games that BRW added previously too.

Comments on the wiki (my -opinions- only):

- I personally still prefer release list by month, not separated by console. It's easier for budgeting time/money, or the "oh shit it's coming out next month." It'd have the benefit of letting you know at a glance what system it's on also, instead of checking every console for the title.

- The pre-order links should maybe just be under one main spoiler tag. Maybe. It might actually be worse that way, but I can't tell without actually seeing it on screen.

Comments on the wiki (my -opinions- only):

- I personally still prefer release list by month, not separated by console. It's easier for budgeting time/money, or the "oh shit it's coming out next month." It'd have the benefit of letting you know at a glance what system it's on also, instead of checking every console for the title.

- The pre-order links should maybe just be under one main spoiler tag. Maybe. It might actually be worse that way, but I can't tell without actually seeing it on screen.
You're free to change either. I just did a quick standard release list the other day to help use it as a quick checklist against the pre-order list and because I knew you had something up like it before. As for the spoiler tags, that's the way they were in the old thread and I haven't touched them since they were copied over, but that thought as crossed my mind.

You're free to change either. I just did a quick standard release list the other day to help use it as a quick checklist against the pre-order list and because I knew you had something up like it before. As for the spoiler tags, that's the way they were in the old thread and I haven't touched them since they were copied over, but that thought as crossed my mind.
I know, but I don't know what others prefer. I don't want to make it a list for just me.

I know, but I don't know what others prefer. I don't want to make it a list for just me.
Can do the list your way and then after the game, put the platform icons after the game for various platforms. It won't look uniform, but it'll serve its purpose. Just need to remember that some games may be listed multiple times for various platforms having different release dates.

Most people probably won't even check it and doing it that way can still be useful for my weekly release posts. Worst case scenario, I have the current list saved in some random Notepad++ tab that likely won't get deleted until I reformat my computer next.

PSN Valentine's Day flash sale! 

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Vita) for $14.99. I'm pretty sure this is PSTV compatible...? But the "Enemy of Women" trophy can't be unlocked, due to requiring a touchscreen, right?

Really wish Bon Appetite was on sale too...

According to this thread, it is compatible. As for the trophy, you can technically use the emulated/pseudo touchscreen by turning the option on and hitting R3/L3 to enable it. Though I've never really had success using that in games previously but I've only tried one or two games. I don't think it works in most games.

The 40% off strikes again! My Sword City CE Amazon preorder is $38.33 after taxes.

Digimon Story is damn good. I'm only a few hours in, but I really like it. Nokia is starting to grow on me. What do you guys think of it?

Digimon Story is damn good. I'm only a few hours in, but I really like it. Nokia is starting to grow on me. What do you guys think of it?
I'm being stupid and grinding out the Platinum trophy for One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 so I haven't played much either but I really enjoyed the several hours I put in as well.

The 40% off strikes again! My Sword City CE Amazon preorder is $38.33 after taxes.
Booyah so is mine. I wish I would have remembered to get Grand Kingdom

Really enjoy it as well. Been so damn busy with portfolio building and shit I havent had much time to dedicate to it solely. I think I was around Chapter 6 or 7. Been playing on Hard Mode, so the difficulty ramp on some of the bosses is just insane. (I thought I was overgrinded, hit a boss, got obliterated)

bread's done
Back