Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think Disgaea D2 is at least 100x better than Mugen Souls.

I still don't believe a game like Mugen Souls got released in the US.
I know nothing about D2. D1 was fantastic, though. D3 was a huge letdown after playing the first. Kind of curious about how D2 measures up.

just got my Disgaea D2 CE, which I did a brief unboxing here. According to what my friend said, the GameStop version he was looking at didn't have a jewel case and I can't seem to find the "art print" thing. 

lack of difficulty in 3?! I had troubles basically all game long keeping up with levels and FOE's and bosses (so.. everything?) 4 in normal mode, was a bit easy. FOE's were still scary, but once your party has good equips and 2 classes, FOE's arent THAT scary. I personally think the bgms in 3 and 4 > 1 and 2. Like this bgm (hear at your own risk) its a... mid boss battle bgm. (4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6Wc3VzNzE&list=WL2D111A089F95F93C

agreed,for both. Mugen souls I still can't understand the battle system lol.
I should have been a bit more clear too - my bad Niche_Hero. And even though it's late, welcome!

I thought the level designs and most of the puzzles were just ingenious or fun regardless and worth the price. :)

Party spoiler -

I found the random encounters (even though I am a bit tired of "you are ambushed and you lose" fights) and some of the FOEs and bosses to be pitifully easy with a party like this that retired at the end of the 3rd stratum - G/B H/W P/F M/P N/Z.

To be fair, some bosses aren't going to do ANYTHING to a two-P party, but there were others that were a bit too easy too. There were some were I didn't have much offense and it hurt though.

I can't view the music from here though - I will do it from home though!

Its MSRP was always $49.99.
Yeah, but before the restock erryone on Amazon was selling it for at least $59.99
hot%2168.gif

There appears to be a very slight restock with Project Diva F now. First newegg and now Amazon. If you really want the physical copy I suggest going for it this round as I sincerely doubt it will be available a third time. 

just got my Disgaea D2 CE, which I did a brief unboxing here. According to what my friend said, the GameStop version he was looking at didn't have a jewel case and I can't seem to find the "art print" thing.
I can't remember if there was an "art print" included when we ordered back in July, isn't on their site now. I do know that The Guided Fate Paradox includes an art print, perhaps that is what you are thinking of.

Think he was talking about the Gamestop pre-order bonus which was a non-jewel case CD sound track and a "high-quality print of key promotional art by Takehito Harada". That was for $50. Gamestop took it down, but I still see it at EBgames: http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/disgaea-d2-a-brighter-darkness/316173

Bonus!
Pre-order Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness and receive the Oficial Soundtrack CD!
Exclusive to the first printing, Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness will include a FREE BONUS Official Soundtrack, consisting of 40 Netherworldly songs on 2 CDs in a sturdy cardboard slipcase, featuring gorgeously detailed game artwork. In addition to that, fans will also receive a high-quality print of key promotional art by Takehito Harada, featuring the main characters! Die-hard fans and collectors will want to get their pre-orders in, as these bonuses will NOT be available with future editions of the game!
The 2-CD's, CD slipcase & art print will be BUNDLED with game at launch. No need to order separately.
The NISA LE had 5 Collector Art Cards, along with jewel case CD sound track, hard cover art book, LE packaging, and 2 petite figures.

I can't remember if there was an "art print" included when we ordered back in July, isn't on their site now. I do know that The Guided Fate Paradox includes an art print, perhaps that is what you are thinking of.
The art print was never stated to be part of the CE, but it was announced to be part of the "standard edition". Since the standard edition included a lower tier version of the OST, I was pretty much under the assumption that it would be included.

Think he was talking about the Gamestop pre-order bonus which was a non-jewel case CD sound track and a "high-quality print of key promotional art by Takehito Harada". That was for $50. Gamestop took it down, but I still see it at EBgames: http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/disgaea-d2-a-brighter-darkness/316173

The NISA LE had 5 Collector Art Cards, along with jewel case CD sound track, hard cover art book, LE packaging, and 2 petite figures.
The bonus was not preorder and is simply a pack in. My friend sent me an image showing the game, which has a sticker mentioning it includes the OST / Art Print. Since this was included with all first run copies of the game, I simply assumed it was included. Perhaps incorrectly, but still would have been nice for NISA to have 100% stated it.

So, are there any deals here? The OP hasn't been updated in almost a year, and I don't feel like sifting through the entire thread.

So, are there any deals here? The OP hasn't been updated in almost a year, and I don't feel like sifting through the entire thread.
Typically niche games don't have specific deals. The whole point of this thread is to help people be aware of specific editions that typically are only first run and go out of stock or print after the initial preorder period. Examples: Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Time and Eternity, Disgaea, The Guided Fate Paradox, Project X Zone, etc etc and the list goes on.

I should have been a bit more clear too - my bad Niche_Hero. And even though it's late, welcome!

I thought the level designs and most of the puzzles were just ingenious or fun regardless and worth the price. :)

Party spoiler -

I found the random encounters (even though I am a bit tired of "you are ambushed and you lose" fights) and some of the FOEs and bosses to be pitifully easy with a party like this that retired at the end of the 3rd stratum - G/B H/W P/F M/P N/Z.

To be fair, some bosses aren't going to do ANYTHING to a two-P party, but there were others that were a bit too easy too. There were some were I didn't have much offense and it hurt though.

I can't view the music from here though - I will do it from home though!
ah no worries. thanks!

well the words niche and deals are rarely together lol. the only deals I recently seen were : atelier ayesha for $39.99 at gamestop (think its perma now?) and atelier ayesha @ $25 (frys clearance sale, it went out fast)

Well, Etrian Odyseey IV is $20 at Gamestop. For a "niche" game a mere seven and a half months old that's not bad, especially as it's $30 on the eShop (and used to be $40 of course).

ah no worries. thanks!

well the words niche and deals are rarely together lol. the only deals I recently seen were : atelier ayesha for $39.99 at gamestop (think its perma now?) and atelier ayesha @ $25 (frys clearance sale, it went out fast)
atelier ayesha was $17 a little while ago on play asia

question: ive never played etrian odyssey. I have all the DS games sealed still as well as IV and the new one that just came out. I think i want to finally give this series a look.. where should i start? Normally i like to start from the begining of a series, but i heard the later ones are easier to get into. SHould i start with IV? Millenum girl? I hear the new one has an actual story mode in it.  WIll i be missing anything starting later? I was thinking of maybe just doing one of the new ones then picking up an extra copy of the earlier ones since i kinda wanna keep them sealed. I think amazon has most of them for about 25 bucks a pop right now

to those who have played them, where would you suggest i jump in?

question: ive never played etrian odyssey. I have all the DS games sealed still as well as IV and the new one that just came out. I think i want to finally give this series a look.. where should i start? Normally i like to start from the begining of a series, but i heard the later ones are easier to get into. SHould i start with IV? Millenum girl? I hear the new one has an actual story mode in it.  WIll i be missing anything starting later? I was thinking of maybe just doing one of the new ones then picking up an extra copy of the earlier ones since i kinda wanna keep them sealed. I think amazon has most of them for about 25 bucks a pop right now

are you planning to resell those games down the line? is that why you are having them sealed?

are you planning to resell those games down the line? is that why you are having them sealed?
I know when I don't intend to get a game right away I leave it sealed which also helps if I don't want to play it later (an exception is nintendo 3DS games with club Nintendo codes).

For me the order to play would be:

1) Millenium Girl

2) EO4

3) EO3

4) EO2

5) Don't likely bother with 1

This way you can try the remake first as it's likely the most new player friendly, and then go to the newest (or EO3) which are both pretty fun. EO2 is pretty hardcore and quite tough...I would recommend it for last unless you want a challenge then go for it after E04 or before. These games are all very standalone and can be played any order (Millenium Girl is still likely best place to start). They are almost too similar that I would suggest just playing one stopping for a while than playing another as they can be very samey. They're all fun though so it's all good.

question: ive never played etrian odyssey. I have all the DS games sealed still as well as IV and the new one that just came out. I think i want to finally give this series a look.. where should i start? Normally i like to start from the begining of a series, but i heard the later ones are easier to get into. SHould i start with IV? Millenum girl? I hear the new one has an actual story mode in it. WIll i be missing anything starting later? I was thinking of maybe just doing one of the new ones then picking up an extra copy of the earlier ones since i kinda wanna keep them sealed. I think amazon has most of them for about 25 bucks a pop right now

We could help you far more, I would reckon :) , if we knew what you wanted, or wanted to avoid, the most. Would a high difficulty (assuming you won't cheese it) be a turn-off? Would you mind going backwards graphically or with playing an EO with less options? I don't want to steer you down the wrong path even if its just a small preference or two.

Also, I used to use this thread a lot for keeping tabs on the price of certain PSP games on Amazon and at other places. The only ones I can remember recently outside of EO4 would be like Muramasa Rebirth or P4G or getting Dodonpachi from Zavvi for about $17.

Just got this email from Atlus Faithful,

Dragon's Crown is Now $10 off in Retail Stores and PSN

[SIZE=14.545454025268555px]Your prayers have been answered! Althena has granted you the Blessing of Discounts and from today until Oct. 15 [/SIZE]Dragon's Crown[SIZE=14.545454025268555px] will be $10 off in retail stores and PlayStation Network. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the Blessing of Discounts also applies to theDragon's Crown Storyteller Voice Pack and Into the Labyrinth Theme! So if you haven't picked up [/SIZE]Dragon's Crown[SIZE=14.545454025268555px] yet, grab it for $39.99 on the PS3 or $29.99 on the PS Vita and join the thousands of other adventurers in Hydeland! Pick up a boxed copy of Dragon's Crown from participating retailers or click on the links below to purchase the digital version and DLC:[/SIZE]

Dragon's Crown PS3 Game - Now $39.99

Dragon's Crown PS Vita Game - Now $29.99

Dragon's Crown Storyteller Voice Pack PS3 - Now $1.49

Dragon's Crown Storyteller Voice Pack PS Vita - Now $1.49

Dragon's Crown: Into the Labyrinth Theme - Now $1.49

ah no worries. thanks!

:Looks at title of thread: ......Only one word apart.... :confused:

Haven't seen this posted, but looks like Amazon marked down Tales of the Abyss for 3Ds to $19.99. Found it on the game overall best sellers list and although it did sell out, it is still listed as "ships in 1 to 3 weeks" but Amazon isn't the main seller on the listing at the moment.

I got one, just in case they do get more in.

Possible new  budget-priced shipment, or just clearance? Either way, been waiting for it to go down to $20.

From the Prima website:

To celebrate the release of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness, Prima Games is releasing the eGuide absolutely free! What’s the catch? There is no catch! Just log in or register on PrimaGames.com and you will get the complete eGuide for free.

Link

Just got this email from Atlus Faithful,

Dragon's Crown is Now $10 off in Retail Stores and PSN

Your prayers have been answered! Althena has granted you the Blessing of Discounts and from today until Oct. 15 Dragon's Crown will be $10 off in retail stores and PlayStation Network. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the Blessing of Discounts also applies to theDragon's Crown Storyteller Voice Pack and Into the Labyrinth Theme! So if you haven't picked up Dragon's Crown yet, grab it for $39.99 on the PS3 or $29.99 on the PS Vita and join the thousands of other adventurers in Hydeland! Pick up a boxed copy of Dragon's Crown from participating retailers or click on the links below to purchase the digital version and DLC:

Dragon's Crown PS3 Game - Now $39.99

Dragon's Crown PS Vita Game - Now $29.99

Dragon's Crown Storyteller Voice Pack PS3 - Now $1.49

Dragon's Crown Storyteller Voice Pack PS Vita - Now $1.49

Dragon's Crown: Into the Labyrinth Theme - Now $1.49
FYI the used price at GS also dropped.

So...just got a PS3 recently. Somebody's sig made me look into Valkyria Chronicles, looks pretty damn cool. I'm a big fan of solid rpg and srpg, so I'll check it out pretty soon.

Thoughts on the 2nd? I also have a Vita, so I can get it, but I recall seeing somewhere that it's not quite the same.

From the Prima website:

To celebrate the release of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness, Prima Games is releasing the eGuide absolutely free! What’s the catch? There is no catch! Just log in or register on PrimaGames.com and you will get the complete eGuide for free.

Link
Thanks for this, I'm probably going to need it lol.

Is it the FULL guide though or just a portion like with Madden 25?
From what I can tell it's the full guide. Full walkthrough and it even has the artbook pictures. Only thing it's missing is the Raspberyl DLC. Also it's online only, there's no download for it.

Heads up guys, Sorcery Saga now has its LE up for pre-order(http://amzn.to/1c0L7Tu), but I must warn you guys though, the amazon page for it is messed up now and showing incorrect prices and listings, hope they'll fix it soon. Example.

[Standard Edition] ($50) / [Limited Edition] ($40)

Heads up guys, Sorcery Saga now has its LE up for pre-order(http://amzn.to/1c0L7Tu), but I must warn you guys though, the amazon page for it is messed up now and showing incorrect prices and listings, hope they'll fix it soon. Example.

[Standard Edition] ($50) / [Limited Edition] ($40) <-Warning! (Hope they reverse/fix it)
Yea.. very weird. It looks like you'd be getting the limited edition cheaper going by the buttons.. but the title at the top of the page makes it look like it's actually the standard edition, while the title at the top of the standard ($50) version says Limited. Amazon and it's screwy buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back