Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, just a heads up to anyone who ordered Dragon Quest V from Gamestop.com. my copy was complete.

So anyone who ordered should get a complete copy.

Hoping my Persona 4 Arena Ultimax from Best Buy ships soon. The current status says "Status Not Available." Based on my past best Buy shipping experiences, it would have shipped by now.
Glad I'm not the only one still waiting on shipping from Best Buy. My Natural Doctrine and P4U hasn't shipped either. Both are on different orders. However Forza Horizon 2 is ready for pick up. Looks like I'm 1 for 3. >.<

I know I was just hoping they might be working on the translation/ updating it further.

I wish they would just bring the game over, look at how well bravely default did, and it was not even an established series.
Ah, yes well I'd love to see DQVII updated further, or just translated, but I don't think they'd contract Level 5 for work like that.

Basically out only hope for any of the untranslated 3DS Dragon Quest games, of which there are just enough at this point for me to spit teeth in rage, is for Nintendo to step in and mop S-E's mess.

Speaking of P4AU - It looks like Crunchyroll is doing another one of those mystery bundles.

They're selling for $54.99:

-The game for Xbox 360 or PS3

-2 bonus mystery items

-Free Shipping

Did anyone here do the mystery bundle for Akiba's Trip? What kind of bonus items did you get?

Speaking of P4AU - It looks like Crunchyroll is doing another one of those mystery bundles.

-2 bonus mystery items

-Free Shipping

Did anyone here do the mystery bundle for Akiba's Trip? What kind of bonus items did you get?
i think it was some key chain

Not expecting anything amazing. I looked at videos and it still interests me, plus it was only 40$ plus I'm like 90% sure I got in while the 10$ credit promo was active too

Just curious, anyone get their 10$ Natural Doctrine promo credit from Amazon yet? I ordered my PS4 copy when it was 40$, but I could have sworn it was still showing on the page

Hoping my Persona 4 Arena Ultimax from Best Buy ships soon. The current status says "Status Not Available." Based on my past best Buy shipping experiences, it would have shipped by now.
My Amazon copy hasn't shipped yet even though it has guaranteed release date delivery. Wonder what is the hold up. :( Oh, well at least I'll get another free month of prime or something.

I still want to try ND. I'm okay with complex battle systems so that doesn't bother me. That you can get instant-deaths and have to completely restart is a huge pain, though.

I still want to try ND. I'm okay with complex battle systems so that doesn't bother me. That you can get instant-deaths and have to completely restart is a huge pain, though.
if even one in your party dies, game over. so be prepare for that. i cannot think of any games that had that harsh of a death penalty, among the previous / current gen games.

I feel a little dirty only buying P4A for the tarot cards to complete my set from persona q.
At least I'm not the only one :D Although I also have a soft spot for that Teddie Bop Bag...
Yeah, I would have waited for a price drop if not for things like that :/

Speaking of which, mine just went from preparing order to shipped :D/

Hopefully everyone else's is going to be on the way soon too =)

if even one in your party dies, game over. so be prepare for that. i cannot think of any games that had that harsh of a death penalty, among the previous / current gen games.
If you are a trophy hunter, I would not recommend this game because there's a trophy that requires you to complete the game without any allies dying. .. unless u are a masochist

-2 bonus mystery items

-Free Shipping

stay away from that site

i think it was some key chain
exactly and wasn't even related to the game, they are just getting rid of old non selling inventory/knockoffs

damn, almost all the review for natural doctrine has been negative . the game is getting ripped to shreds in reviews.

the funnies one goes to kotaku, http://tay.kotaku.com/natural-doctrine-the-tay-review-1638458207

-not worth your time!

-fans of frustrating games

whos it not for

-me

-you

-most gamers
Wow, this definitely seems like a lot of information and the screen looks uber busy... seems like they're really trying new mechanics to have a new take on SRPG. The lazy porting to multiple platforms though is unforgiveable, especially since PS4 can look so much better! I'm really glad I did not pre-order this game and I'll just wait for a $10 copy during bestbuy DOTD holiday sales.

I started Demon Gaze last night. It's very immediately engaging once you get past the text dump that the first 20 minutes consist of. I'm 2-3 hours in now, around level 5, and fighting the fire demon chick. Beat her the first time and got stomped the second. I do like that you can save in the dungeon, that's pretty nice.

I started Demon Gaze last night. It's very immediately engaging once you get past the text dump that the first 20 minutes consist of. I'm 2-3 hours in now, around level 5, and fighting the fire demon chick. Beat her the first time and got stomped the second. I do like that you can save in the dungeon, that's pretty nice.
I also started playing it on Saturday and I'm about lvl 12. Captured 1 more demon then you but I wont say names or anything because I don't want to be a spoiler.

Overall I think it's a pretty addicting game from what I played. Hardest part to me would be getting enough money, I want to get another member but it cost 10,000g grrrr!!

-2 bonus mystery items
-Free Shipping

The mystery items are basically random promotional trinkets that Crunchy Roll has lying around. They don't necessarily have anything to do with the specific game you ordered.

I did the deal with Akiba's Trip, and my mystery item was a Lollipop Chainsaw keychain.

I also started playing it on Saturday and I'm about lvl 12. Captured 1 more demon then you but I wont say names or anything because I don't want to be a spoiler.

Overall I think it's a pretty addicting game from what I played. Hardest part to me would be getting enough money, I want to get another member but it cost 10,000g grrrr!!
Get your members sooner rather than later, at the cost of most equipment upgrades. While it's not hard to level characters up, the difference between 4 and 5 actions can be enormous in a boss fight.

I went with
Front row Paladin, back row assassin, ranger, demon gazer, healer.

I have to say DG does not hold your hand at all. I got stomped by Mars with two characters, sold a bunch of stuff, rented a room and got a new character (cost 1500g total) and ended up with a level 1 useless healer. Spent almost an hour leveling her up, got to the fire boss out of mana on everybody in the process, decided to proceed and just have the healer use items for healing...ran through all but two items, my demon was killed off quick, and I was sure I was going to die again when I barely scraped out a win. Winning leaves you in the dungeon so now I have to make it out alive, but at least I was able to get to the save nearby without hitting a random monster to finish me off. 

I have to say DG does not hold your hand at all. I got stomped by Mars with two characters, sold a bunch of stuff, rented a room and got a new character (cost 1500g total) and ended up with a level 1 useless healer. Spent almost an hour leveling her up, got to the fire boss out of mana on everybody in the process, decided to proceed and just have the healer use items for healing...ran through all but two items, my demon was killed off quick, and I was sure I was going to die again when I barely scraped out a win. Winning leaves you in the dungeon so now I have to make it out alive, but at least I was able to get to the save nearby without hitting a random monster to finish me off.
I found it extremely fair for a dungeon crawler, actually. I didn't have a third member until after the third demon. I had a lot of trouble after the third demon, because there was a DPS check that I couldn't get past with just a paladin and the demon gazer. I gave up after 3-4 losses, bought a healer and got it first try. I realized then that you're supposed to get members before upgrading equipment, and saved 80% of the money to get characters 4 and 5 ASAP.

I'm probably going to focus on the extra characters immediately as well, though in large part to avoid the problem of dealing with level 1 characters later on.

Short Peace comes out today. Been thinking of importing this for a while. Looks like it's digital only though.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/30/short-peace-out-today-on-ps3/

Short_Peace_poster.jpg

My PS3 is currently off its wi-fi so I might not be able to connect this week. Does anyone know if you can dl the extra p4 arena characters off of PSN store, or is it soley off of the game start up?

Asking because my copy just came in today and I'm itching to play. Koromaru represent!

My PS3 is currently off its wi-fi so I might not be able to connect this week. Does anyone know if you can dl the extra p4 arena characters off of PSN store, or is it soley off of the game start up?

Asking because my copy just came in today and I'm itching to play. Koromaru represent!
Is it actually a download requirement or does buying it work? Usually you just have to "buy" the item within the time period and then it's yours forever.

I thought Demon Gaze was a lot better than the EO games, mostly because of the story and characters. I quite liked them. The game requires a bit of grinding but other than that, it's pretty decent in terms of difficulty.

I think I'm gonna cancel my BBY pre-order for Natural Doctrine. Can't justify the $38 on it when all I've been playing is Destiny (and hopefully Mordor now).

can someone tell me about little kings story?  I liked the series and its cheap enough to consider now, but does it come with the dlc or do I have to spend the extra 20 for it, seems to be only costumes so don't know if its worth it

Welp according to a mod at the BB forums, it should have been impossible to place an instore preorder due to being online only.....yet it was able to via kiosks for months....

Stay golden BB. Got a copy at GS (But pissed I had to spend 12$ more)

Welp according to a mod at the BB forums, it should have been impossible to place an instore preorder due to being online only.....yet it was able to via kiosks for months....
Stay golden BB. Got a copy at GS (But pissed I had to spend 12$ more)
I pre-ordered at the kiosk as well and was excited to pick up my copy today. But then the guy told me they had no idea when shipments for the game were coming, so that was pretty dumb. Ended up getting it at Gamestop as well. Dumb Bestbuy :/

I was thinking about it today. You know what would be a great title? Suikoden Collections. Every Suikoden title(east and west) released in one HD package.

It would sell like hotcakes. Konami already did it with Metal Gear, why not with Suikoden?

I was thinking about it today. You know what would be a great title? Suikoden Collections. Every Suikoden title(east and west) released in one HD package.

It would sell like hotcakes. Konami already did it with Metal Gear, why not with Suikoden?
Suikoden is massive and putting aside the amount of work required to compile the collection, Konami would be better off loading the series up on PSN. I'd love to see it happen but it's not likely. And the last one I played was Tactics...really want a new Suikoden.

Suikoden is massive and putting aside the amount of work required to compile the collection, Konami would be better off loading the series up on PSN. I'd love to see it happen but it's not likely. And the last one I played was Tactics...really want a new Suikoden.
Agreed. I'd rather see a Suikoden VI.

Don't forget to get the Free Character DLC for Persona 4 Ultimax before you have to buy it. Even if you don't have the game, you can still purchase it at the store. Better to "buy" it now then regret it later!

Would the whole reading the last game's saves off your memory card thing work with PSN rereleases?

Would the whole reading the last game's saves off your memory card thing work with PSN rereleases?
possibly considering it saves stuff to in system created memory cards. I'm sure if anyone here has played the arc the lad collection they could cover this more accurately

Agreed. I'd rather see a Suikoden VI.
I wouldn't mind a Suikoden I remake to re-introduce the series and put it back on the map.

Would be nice if it was made using the FOX engine with high definition cel-shaded graphics.

But that's as likely as me getting a high definition 2D sprite 1999 Castlevania game.

Don't forget to get the Free Character DLC for Persona 4 Ultimax before you have to buy it. Even if you don't have the game, you can still purchase it at the store. Better to "buy" it now then regret it later!
looks like only PS3 version is free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back