Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I mentioned this before but look at how glorious the Operation Abyss LE will look. A big pretty good sized artbook!

Link

In other news, I was looking on the NISA website and it looks like it's coming out June 9th now. Huge delay but now it fits more into my release schedule for playing games so I'll likely get it.
If it was $5 cheaper, I would bite, but I dunno about paying $15 extra for that.

I know I mentioned this before but look at how glorious the Operation Abyss LE will look. A big pretty good sized artbook!

Link

In other news, I was looking on the NISA website and it looks like it's coming out June 9th now. Huge delay but now it fits more into my release schedule for playing games so I'll likely get it.
I'm super pumped for that game after Demon Gaze. I want more dungeon crawlers that aren't from the Etrian team.

Also, need something to rinse my mouth out after spending 40+ hours getting the Criminal Girls platinum. Ugh.

Is calling/contacting NIS still the only way to use the old gift certificates from the previous web store? I called them and left a message, never heard back from them and it's been a few weeks. I have $20 I wanna use up on one of my existing pre-orders...

Yeah unless it's a new order you will likely have to call them. Never and I repeat never open a support ticket with them. I had an old one opened and it got settled about 4 weeks afterwards. It wasn't relevant anymore and luckily I didn't lose my game order.

I know some of you went through this with Criminal Girls so I'm going to ask here. I preordered The Firefly Diary from NIS with a paypal payment, and the preauthorization was cancelled. Got the email last week to update my payment info, so sent a manual payment. Should I expect an "All Clear" email from them, or will I not know if payment is good until they ship out? Gonna have to do it again for Atelier as well...and even though it was well after the sixth, looks like it happened again with Operation Abyss.

Atelier Ayesha Plus review

Link

Ugg this is what I was afraid of....the newer games becoming more graphically intense and lagging on the Vita. I do have a PS3 version but was waiting for a sale on this. The previous 3 games were a little more less graphically intense and lagged a bit on the Vita, but it was never enough to detract much. Seems like it does more in the 2nd to newest plus Vita port. I may as well pick up Escha & Logy from Gamestop while it's still $20 (There isn't a lot of copies around my city...around 5 and all low stock), and I likely will today. Just letting people know as I know many wait for the Plus Vita versions to go down in price.

Also SierraNight call them and make sure they see they received the money and know about the order being paid for. You can't do anything obvious with the way the customer service still seems to be getting swamped these days. They had to create a new order for Paypal for Firefly which I paid and I cancelled the Criminal Girls LE as I feel that game will drop in price like a rock given time.

I'm going to wait a couple of days on Firefly Diaries before taking action. They're going to try to bill tomorrow, and if it doesn't go through I'll give them a little time to see if they send followup instructions.

EDIT:

Also my Majora's Mask Limited Edition came in today.

I was in the situation where Best Buy mistakenly canceled my pre-order and then offered the game for free. I was concerned they might ship the standard edition instead of the LE, but it turned out to be the LE after all. So if you're in the same boat and your package hasn't arrived yet hopefully yours will be the LE as well! (seems likely).

Glad to hear the lackluster response from Criminal Girls. Keeps me from buying it as I was intrigued originally.
its an okay game. around 35 hours main game and probally who knows how long post game (guessing 5 to 10) All you have to grind and you win, the final main game boss needs around level 35 to 40 and if you played like i did you will be around level 28 when you get to it, meaning you have to grind at least 10 levels just to beat the boss, the nice thing is one of your people have a spell that pushes you right into battles, takes about 4 hours of just grinding. Once you get to the post game you can earn enough money to max out everyone in 30 mins

Though im glad i did not buy it for 40 and returned my LE, I say 20 bucks would be a nice grab for this

its an okay game. around 35 hours main game and probally who knows how long post game (guessing 5 to 10) All you have to grind and you win, the final main game boss needs around level 35 to 40 and if you played like i did you will be around level 28 when you get to it, meaning you have to grind at least 10 levels just to beat the boss, the nice thing is one of your people have a spell that pushes you right into battles, takes about 4 hours of just grinding. Once you get to the post game you can earn enough money to max out everyone in 30 mins

Though im glad i did not buy it for 40 and returned my LE, I say 20 bucks would be a nice grab for this
I didn't want to buy the LE...I, I just can't help myself. I don't know I am anymore. :dunce:

Are you gfaqs krystal? If so thanks for the hard work on the guides you made.
Yes and thanks everyone. I need to write for this whole series of Atelier games... I have been so busy working for GameFAQs. This actually reminds me, I have an extra copy of HD Neptunia Victory I need to sell since my friend I bought it for said he didn't want it.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

- Krystal109

Is it just my area, or is Best Buy's store locator thing not working for Monster Hunter 4. Can't get a single store to show up.
I tried looking it up online and got the same result. I called a nearby store and was told that all stores in the area were sold out except one location showed two copies. I called that store. One was preordered and they held the last copy for me. She told me that sometimes, when there are only one or two copies, it doesn't always show online. Doesn't hurt to call and double check, then ask them to check the stock at nearby stores.

Crap, seems like the bandaistore charged my card 3 times for tales of hearts R when it went on sale. I remember this was a problem before for other CAGs. How did you guys solve it? Just by calling their customer service?

I'm going to wait a couple of days on Firefly Diaries before taking action. They're going to try to bill tomorrow, and if it doesn't go through I'll give them a little time to see if they send followup instructions.

EDIT:

Also my Majora's Mask Limited Edition came in today.

I was in the situation where Best Buy mistakenly canceled my pre-order and then offered the game for free. I was concerned they might ship the standard edition instead of the LE, but it turned out to be the LE after all. So if you're in the same boat and your package hasn't arrived yet hopefully yours will be the LE as well! (seems likely).
yah nisa never repsonded to my emails or phone calls, god awful customer service, did manage to reorder both le's for this month, will see next week if the order went through, if not, they can just keep sending me emails to pay, getting less and less interested in either of those games, if they werent so half assed about this whole ordering crap i might care more, getting sick and tired of poor translated and over censored and vn heavy games from them

Rumor has it that they leak CC info. Don't know whether if it's true or not though.
most of those chinese sites are just for stealing your personal info anyways and they usually are selling off the truck or fake goods anyways

yah nisa never repsonded to my emails or phone calls, god awful customer service, did manage to reorder both le's for this month, will see next week if the order went through, if not, they can just keep sending me emails to pay, getting less and less interested in either of those games, if they werent so half assed about this whole ordering crap i might care more, getting sick and tired of poor translated and over censored and vn heavy games from them

most of those chinese sites are just for stealing your personal info anyways and they usually are selling off the truck or fake goods anyways
That's sad, because not a year ago NISA was the shit when it came to customer support. I always got a reply from their email support within a few hours of submitting my claim/issue/question.

That's sad, because not a year ago NISA was the shit when it came to customer support. I always got a reply from their email support within a few hours of submitting my claim/issue/question.
Yeah, I agree. But over the last year, their packaging has improved greatly, but getting a hold of someone is like pulling teeth. I don't know what happened. I can email them now, and I may get a reply, I may not. It can take days, and sometimes weeks later they finally reply. I used to get someone by phone 99% of the time, but the last few calls have gone unanswered. Luckily, I haven't had any issues with my last 2 orders, but I'm not hopeful for any future CS issues I may have.

Yeah, I agree. But over the last year, their packaging has improved greatly, but getting a hold of someone is like pulling teeth. I don't know what happened. I can email them now, and I may get a reply, I may not. It can take days, and sometimes weeks later they finally reply. I used to get someone by phone 99% of the time, but the last few calls have gone unanswered. Luckily, I haven't had any issues with my last 2 orders, but I'm not hopeful for any future CS issues I may have.
Perhaps its the new system they use. Might be one of those things where initially they were the first line of contact, whereas now they go through several filters.

I hope everything after these NISA incidents (FireFly and Criminal Girls Paypal problems) that they return to somewhat fast support responses. I don't want very much from NISA in the present future other than Operation Abyss and maybe Disgaea 5.

I didn't grind at all but I also did not use a lot of the field shortcuts. When I got to final boss I was at level 40. The fight was difficult but not too hard. When I loaded the save file and fought with the next girl I was at 41 and the final boss was cake.

I think the only series that imagepooch did that I really liked though it was a bit average was the Luminous Arc series. I'm sad that planned Vita game will now never come out likely.

I would have probably liked the Seventh Dragon 2020 series but Sega never released them here so bleh to that!

I'm actually pretty okay with them going under. They make really average/mediocre games that only find any success in the West--in my opinion, at least--via rabid niche gamers that buy anything with a certain look that comes from Japan. As far as quality titles go, we're not really losing anything here.

Same here, I would have played the 3rd one. And 7th Dragon looked pretty cool. Too bad we got Time and Eternity instead of those.
whoknows' reaction:

aChrpX1.gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back