Jesus_S_Preston was too afraid to perform (GGT #)69!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said they hated Braid? I haven't decided to spend 1200 points on it yet, though.

At least not with Castle Crashers still on the horizon...

bigwow.jpg

The Braid demo is pretty damn good. They give you a nice little chunk of the game and a few bits of early levels to let you see how the play mechanics change. Next time there is a sale on MS Points, I will grab some and buy this game.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']The Braid demo is pretty damn good. They give you a nice little chunk of the game and a few bits of early levels to let you see how the play mechanics change. Next time there is a sale on MS Points, I will grab some and buy this game.[/quote]
this sunday target is selling 1600 points cards for $15

I'm playing Tomb Raider Anniversary today for the first time. I've heard really good things from my trusted sources, so I'm pretty excited to play it!

I barely remember playing the first TR, so it should pretty much be a completely fresh experience for me.

I do remember the original TR (which, let's be honest, sucked), and TR Anniversary felt like a completely different game. And it's excellent.

[quote name='blueshinra']Downloaded the Tales of Vesperia demo and played through some of it. I'm not a graphics snob, but damn, it's one pretty looking game. I'm now torn as to whether or not to get the LE *_*[/quote]
I thought it looked pretty nice from I have seen. I just checked the Demo out to see how the battle system worked. I was going to wait on getting ToV. But I'm a sucker for LEs...

And I tried the Braid demo... it was ok I guess. But there is no way I'm paying $20 for it.

For those of you that are game for it, the Cagney update for Burnout Paradise on 360 is live. I'll most likely be on all week playing if anyone wants to play some of the new modes and challenges.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
And I tried the Braid demo... it was ok I guess. But there is no way I'm paying $20 for it.[/quote]

it's $15 and entirely more than worth it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']braid demo dosn't do the game justice.[/QUOTE]

You said you didn't play it, I thought?

The demo is pretty long, lots of good ideas, just not very fun.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's $15 and entirely more than worth it.[/quote]
Meh, I get the MS point system mixed up all the time. But $15 is still a little too much for me. And I have already gone over my budget this paycheck...

[quote name='zewone']You have to think more. It's a puzzle game more than a platformer.[/QUOTE]

1200 points saved. Probably wouldn't have paid that for it anyway, but would be tempted for a good, straight up 2D platformer.

[quote name='willardhaven']I dunno, Braid looks like ass next to Yoshi's Island on SNES, what does it do better?[/quote]

:lol: oh man. sad day in gaming standards. I can understand if you mean gameplay, but visuals... please.

Dammit Jekki, Stop reminding me that I need to play the Fatal Frame games. I'll need to atleast play 4 for that Zero Suit Samus outfit...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: oh man. sad day in gaming standards. I can understand if you mean gameplay, but visuals... please.[/quote]

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

It's sad that people think a game like Braid can get by on its artistic merit.

[quote name='willardhaven']I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

It's sad that people think a game like Braid can get by on its artistic merit.[/QUOTE]

considering he's been surgically attached to Blow's taint, I would say he's being serious

All I know is that 1200 points a game is a hard sell for me. I do think CC is going to be 1600 pts. Which sucks, but I'll prolly end up getting it as I do have points from the last Target sale.

What the fuck is up with Microsofts XBLA pricing lately. They're consistently charging 400 points more than they should for every title.

[quote name='willardhaven']I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

It's sad that people think a game like Braid can get by on its artistic merit.[/quote]

so the gameplay sucks? not one bit. you don't like the gameplay, that's a different matter.

both yoshi's island and braid are great, but comparing them isn't valid.

And yes, the visuals in games actually have a large impact on how much you enjoy a game, contradictory to people saying gameplay is everything.

[quote name='Chacrana']I do remember the original TR (which, let's be honest, sucked), and TR Anniversary felt like a completely different game. And it's excellent.[/QUOTE]
Not as good as Legend though.

I have not played Braid, I just think for an artsy game it looks pretty lackluster (visually).

It wouldn't stand out if it were released in 1996.

[quote name='willardhaven']I have not played Braid, I just think for an artsy game it looks pretty lackluster (visually).

It wouldn't stand out if it were released in 1996.[/quote]

go play it then and then tell me. if you still disagree. fine. your opinion and I'll respect that even if I have a hard time >_

I'm on rolento's side on this one. Braid looks, sounds, and plays phenomenally. One of the best games I've played in a long time, and one of the few games that's got me excited to get back to playing it ASAP. The puzzles are clever and while it's not completely unique, it's really really good.

It just sucks playing this games when you've got friends who don't give a shit about games unless there's explosions or car crashes - "ha, look, they're goombas" "ha, this is just a big mario ripoff" "that music is gay" "so, this game looks kinda gay, huh all colorful and stuff"

There's some games you just cant' play around some people, or they take too much pleasure in trying to ruin them. Braid and Shadow of the Colossus have been the worst around my place.

Just for a little perspective, Please find me brand new current gen games releasing for $15 that match or exceed the quality of Braid. DS Shovelware says hi.

Last edited:
I played SotC with a bunch of my friends. They loved watchin' me play.

Braid could have been better. I don't care for the art, and the gameplay is clever without being fun though.

and Portal I found little to like besides the humor.

:lol: at everyone. I'll stop trying.

I do agree with Jer though (for once), it's more of a personal and introspective game. It's something that you have to hold close and be open, not just play it as any other game.

it's not that one thing is better than another, it's just different.

[quote name='zewone']Very deep.[/quote]

deep like a stab wound to my thigh. :lol: it hurts me that you guys can't find a decent speck of love for Braid. oh well. go back to shooting things with explosive hugs of candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back