Jimmy Snuka's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Cena/Khali?

Trump/Rosie impersonators?

I'm nominating this early for worst Raw of the year.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

[quote name='ndshide']This would be a perfect Stone Cold moment. I would love for him just to come in and hand out stunners to everyone.[/quote]

You ain't kidding. Stone Cold stunners can pretty much salvage most shit they throw on screen.

You would have thought that since the President segment went over like shit they would have avoided doing another dumb segment, but again this proves people like McMahon, Dunn, and everyone who runs Raw is completely out of touch with their fan base.

At least Smackdown is good. Michael Hayes is the only person in that company with any power who knows what the fuck they are doing.

All of that with no interuption? Wow. This might top Katie Vick as the most painful thing to sit through that I remember. Atleast Katie Vick was strangely awesomely horrible like Snakes on a Plane. This was just plain horrible.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']the Boring chants are correct.[/QUOTE]
The "T - N - A!" chants were correct, too.

I'm going to church on Sunday to thank the Lord and Little Baby Jesus for TiVo and the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I got to FF through *all* of that bullshit.

I have to admit, guyver's reaction on the top of this page made me laugh uncontrollably.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm going to church on Sunday to thank the Lord and Little Baby Jesus for TiVo and the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I got to FF through *all* of that bullshit.

I have to admit, guyver's reaction on the top of this page made me laugh uncontrollably.[/quote]

I'm taping Raw while watching the football equivalent of Superman vs. Glass Joe, aka the BCS championship.

Just found out that RAW is in Indianapolis a week or two before Mania. I wasn't able to get Mania tickets, so it might be a good RAW to go to, even though if WWE doesnt get it together, I will not be going.

The only reason they did that Donald vs. Rosie thing is so that ALL the celebrity media shows will be talking about it tomorrow. Even if its a small, "Donald vs. Rosie heated up last night" comment and clip from Raw, its free press and that's what Vince does best, marketing.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The only reason they did that Donald vs. Rosie thing is so that ALL the celebrity media shows will be talking about it tomorrow. Even if its a small, "Donald vs. Rosie heated up last night" comment and clip from Raw, its free press and that's what Vince does best, marketing.[/quote]No they won't. They didn't cover K-Fed vs Cena, why would they cover this? The mainstream media has been burned so many times by the WWE, I think they all stopped caring after the Gay Wedding.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']No they won't. They didn't cover K-Fed vs Cena, why would they cover this? The mainstream media has been burned so many times by the WWE, I think they all stopped caring after the Gay Wedding.[/QUOTE]

K-Fed's appearance got a *blip* of coverage last week, but it was mostly "who in the world thought this was a good idea?" publicity.

I agree that I think WWE wants to get mainstream press this way. I don't think it will work a lick, however (and I sure don't want it to).

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']No they won't. They didn't cover K-Fed vs Cena, why would they cover this? The mainstream media has been burned so many times by the WWE, I think they all stopped caring after the Gay Wedding.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I didn't say mainstream media, I said celebrity media. E!, Access Hollywood, etc. will all have a small segment about it. They did with K-Fed vs. Cena and they will for this, mark my words. Hell I even heard AM talk radio talk about the K-Fed v Cena match.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Anything else on HHH's injury? I didn't see anyhting much on LordsofPain.[/QUOTE]

I think WWE pretty much confirmed it was the same thing as before (quad tear), and he'd be out for the same time (4-6 months).

Surgery in the 'morrow.

You know as much as I don't care for Triple H (wrestling wise) I really hate hearing anyone getting injured. :cry:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't want to sound like I am happy for the injury, but DX was stale and this pretty much kills VKM (which ran its course several weeks ago).[/QUOTE]

Several weeks ago? It ran its course before it even started Casey. If anything I'm going to be one happy person to see this whole Voodoo Kin Mafia shit finally die off.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']One more week until 24. Just one more week.[/QUOTE]

Why wait a week?

Its already on the torrents and newsgroups.

AND ITS GREAT!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Rated RKO's promo has been the only thing worth a flip tonight. Completely outclassed the cereal promo by DX last week.[/QUOTE]
Definitely.

D-X's promo was brutally cookie-cutter and way too fucking long.

interesting...

Last chance against the monster

By Craig Tello
Written: January 8, 2007

It’s true. As Jonathan Coachman explained on Raw, The Great Khali’s contract with ECW has expired and the Punjabi monster is now a mainstay on Monday nights.
However, ECW.com has learned that before Khali leaves the Land of the Extreme, he will honor his commitments and face Tommy Dreamer one-on-one on this week’s ECW on Sci Fi.
For weeks, the ECW Original has endured the menace of his massive enemy and his monstrous attacks. Despite being nearly maimed by Khali on the Dec. 19 edition of ECW on Sci Fi, Dreamer explained via satellite last week that he will return to face Khali.
“Some may say there’s something seriously wrong with me,” Dreamer told Joey Styles and Tazz. “That’s who I am. That’s what I’m about… I get knocked down and I get back up.”
Tazz and Styles, who have known the ECW Original for years, since the days before the new breed, also asked if Dreamer had a “death wish” in persisting in this one-sided rivalry.
“Death wish? No!” uttered Dreamer, with eyes fiercer than they’ve ever been in his hardcore career. “That’s just what I do.”
This match with The Great Khali will be The ECW Original’s last opportunity to exact revenge for the last month of Dreamer’s physical anguish. But, for an individual who has felt the painful end of just about every weapon one can think of, could this be a death mission that even Dreamer cannot survive?
Tune in to ECW on Sci Fi live Tuesday night at 10/9 CT to find out.

so lets see if they put dreamer over? ..... nah

[quote name='guyver2077']interesting...

Last chance against the monster

By Craig Tello
Written: January 8, 2007

It’s true. As Jonathan Coachman explained on Raw, The Great Khali’s contract with ECW has expired and the Punjabi monster is now a mainstay on Monday nights.
However, ECW.com has learned that before Khali leaves the Land of the Extreme, he will honor his commitments and face Tommy Dreamer one-on-one on this week’s ECW on Sci Fi.
For weeks, the ECW Original has endured the menace of his massive enemy and his monstrous attacks. Despite being nearly maimed by Khali on the Dec. 19 edition of ECW on Sci Fi, Dreamer explained via satellite last week that he will return to face Khali.
“Some may say there’s something seriously wrong with me,” Dreamer told Joey Styles and Tazz. “That’s who I am. That’s what I’m about… I get knocked down and I get back up.”
Tazz and Styles, who have known the ECW Original for years, since the days before the new breed, also asked if Dreamer had a “death wish” in persisting in this one-sided rivalry.
“Death wish? No!” uttered Dreamer, with eyes fiercer than they’ve ever been in his hardcore career. “That’s just what I do.”
This match with The Great Khali will be The ECW Original’s last opportunity to exact revenge for the last month of Dreamer’s physical anguish. But, for an individual who has felt the painful end of just about every weapon one can think of, could this be a death mission that even Dreamer cannot survive?
Tune in to ECW on Sci Fi live Tuesday night at 10/9 CT to find out.

so lets see if they put dreamer over? ..... nah[/quote]

I thought the Dreamer promo was excellent though.

Dreamer winning would almost be similar to what happened with Raven and actually be a positive step in ECW moving forward.

(but this won't happen as Khali will win in a squash)

I love it. Now this doesn't apply to all of you, but at least half of you bitch about Vince never pushing anyone new.

Now HHH gets hurt, and apparently Khali has been picked to take his spot at the top of the card to start a feud with Cena, yet that same group of people continues to bitch.

What will shut you guys up, Cena vs Kenny? Or maybe one of WWE's rejects (save Angle) in TNA, like Billy Gunn, Road Dogg or Double J :roll:

Well I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that no one in their right mind wanted to see Khali get a push. This is a man who stopped having matches on Smackdown because they couldn't edit his matches to make either superstar look good because of how bad they were. So if his matches that were edited were still fucking horrible, what do you think his matches live are going to be like.

The same thing can basically be said about Umaga (though he is a much better wrestler). No one wants to see this guy on TV and neither of these guys are going to be in matches that sell PPV's. Instead of putting chumps up there for Cena to face, why not pick out some of the prime talent in the mid card that has been languishing for a while, build them up, and then give them a title shot? Nitro, Benjamin, Carlito, and almost everyone else in the mid card if booked right could be a main eventer and put on a much better show than the Great Khali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back