John's big thread of site news, fixes, updates, and more! Something broken? Report it here.

28 Jan 2016 - Community moderation: Fixed janky comment styling.
28 Jan 2016 - Community moderation: Fixed issue where uploading images over 2MB would cause an error.
28 Jan 2016 - Community moderation: Fixed the image crop tool.

Something weird is going on with the price tracker. Can't say with 100% certainty, but if a game has released on both XONE and 360, the CAG info for the XONE version shows/links to the 360 version. The link to the sale site works properly. This is all made a bit more confusing since some have the wrong platform box art. Also the info box on the right is cut off at the top.

Mouse hovering over the lower XONE version info circle:

[attachment=19877:2016.01.28 xone 360 price tracker.png]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it only me or for some reason I cannot upload a new avatar? Even tho I select it, there's no upload and even if I put done nothing happens.

Is it only me or for some reason I cannot upload a new avatar? Even tho I select it, there's no upload and even if I put done nothing happens.
Having the same problem. Had been off for a long time (long-time lurker) and my shiny new account won't let me upload an avatar =( Have attempted in both Firefox and Chrome.

1 Feb 2016 - Community moderation: Fixed a bug where users to submit the last vote on a change get a bunch more points. (A recaching of all the mod point totals is incoming.)
1 Feb 2016 - Support for DLC in the product database.

[attachment=20077:dlc.PNG]

Is there some reason there is an Amazon ad, and search bar right below the first post of every page now?

I'm using Firefox, everything is updated.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, but it is incredibly irritating, and I hope this is not a permanent fixture that was done on purpose.

Is there some reason there is an Amazon ad, and search bar right below the first post of every page now?

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, but it is incredibly irritating, and I hope this is not a permanent fixture that was done on purpose.
Sorry, that is supposed to appear to guests only (not-logged in users).

I was coming in to ask about the amazon ads but I see it was brought up. Its awful on mobile because it takes up so much space.

Seconded.

I guess actually thirded.

I'm sure you all can still breath with those "large ads".

I did have a weird thing happen 2 posts ago where it got stuck "saving post" while posting and then all of a sudden a big blob of random text appeared on the screen (I hit refresh when it happened, looked like a script of some sort). I couldn't get a screenshot of it in the short amount of time it appeared. Someone else mentioned getting a virus alert in another thread after disabling their adblock just to see the ads people were talking about.

If I somehow reproduce the issue I had, I will run quicktime to capture video of the issue.

Any chance that the thread titles can be fixed? The character limit for them is longer than what can be displayed in the forum listings and leads to them getting cut off for longer titles, so either the character limit should be reduced or what's displayed in the forum listings should be increased.

Having the same problem. Had been off for a long time (long-time lurker) and my shiny new account won't let me upload an avatar =( Have attempted in both Firefox and Chrome.

Any reply about this? Is it working as intended, is it a known bug but doesn't have priority or maybe just random crazyness?

I'm  not able to upload a new profile picture. What are the limits? I tried 200 pixel and 100kb and it doesn't work

Random redirects to the homepage seem to be increasing in regularity - 3 of 4 attempts to come to this thread via the email link resulted in being sent to the homepage.

John, I can't load thread notifications, it just stays loading. Pm notifications are fine, as soon as I click it it loads. Been like this for almost three datys now, very frustrating.

Random redirects to the homepage seem to be increasing in regularity - 3 of 4 attempts to come to this thread via the email link resulted in being sent to the homepage.
I've had this happen to me multiple times on the site. Tried the main Microsoft forum, bounced to the front page. Tried going to the last post in a thread, bounced to the front page. Tried random threads in the DVD/BD deals forum, bounced to the front page. Same for threads in the VGD forum.

Almost seems like the forum/post index is fubar and needs to be rebuilt.

Tried going into this thread and had multiple issues:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/353989-best-buy-dotd-999-799-gcu-for-select-amiibo-figures/

Clicking on the thread title, bounced to the front page.

Clicking on the last post in the thread, bounced to the front page.

Clicked on the OP of the thread from the drop-down of the first post / last post list, was able to get into the thread that way.

When you right click on the star and open it in a new tab, it shows "https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/112171-my-coke-rewards-thread/?view=getnewpost", but displays the homepage. I had it happen with the amazon trade in thread and this thread too.

Still having login problems. Getting pretty annoying to have to manually type my password everytime I use the site.

EDIT: I am having trouble going to any thread. Everything goes to the homepage. I had trouble reentering this thread to type this. Site is broken again.

Just rolled out web server changes to address the random home page redirection. Let me know if you see this happening again.

Is anyone experiencing an issue where thread notifications are not disappearing? I can view them and follow the links, but they just dkn't dissapear anymore. I only use the mobile site so that might have something to do with, but ever since the hack, I haven't been able to make that red bubble go away. It's killing my ocd.

Still getting regularly logged out in Firefox.  Also can no longer sign back in on Firefox.  The sign in button can't seem to be clicked.  Had to get on another browser just to sign in and comment.

on both mobile and desktop:

I click on "Go to first unread post" for any topic and get booted back to the home page.  I've seen this before, but it's happening at a 50% clip right now.

any suggestions?

When you right click on the star and open it in a new tab, it shows "https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/112171-my-coke-rewards-thread/?view=getnewpost", but displays the homepage. I had it happen with the amazon trade in thread and this thread too.

Still having login problems. Getting pretty annoying to have to manually type my password everytime I use the site.

EDIT: I am having trouble going to any thread. Everything goes to the homepage. I had trouble reentering this thread to type this. Site is broken again.
As of 1104am EST. I am still having this issue. Even logged out and back in. I can click my way around, but if I try to access home page deal links or my subscriptions, url changes but its back to the homepage like stated in quote above.

As soon as someone reports the homepage redirection problem we clear it, but it seems to be coming back periodically. Still looking into a long term solution. 

Did something change about YouTube embeds? Just tried to post one and it kept putting it as an URL instead. And yes, I changed the URL to put the "watch?v=" thing in.

When I click the notification thing on the top right, it never loads. It just spins and spins. Tried on mobile and desktop and I'm getting the same result.

When I click the notification thing on the top right, it never loads. It just spins and spins. Tried on mobile and desktop and I'm getting the same result.
Been doing this to me for about the last week or two also. Once every blue moon it'll actually load.

12 Feb 2016 - Steam and GameStop prices added to games/price tracker.

So am I the only one having a stored password problem? It is happening on 3 browsers and 2 of the 3 are virgin/no add ons.

It's not happening on other websites, only CAG.

bread's done
Back