John's big thread of site news, fixes, updates, and more! Something broken? Report it here.

Unintended side effect, but I'll take it.
Notifications are still broken for me on mobile. It is impossible to mark them as read unless I'm on my pc. It's says I don't have the authorization to do that or something. I also get a similar notification whenever I try to tap the button to mark entire threads' posts as read on mobile.

As soon as someone reports the homepage redirection problem we clear it, but it seems to be coming back periodically. Still looking into a long term solution.
I'm seeing the same problem again.

I think another side effect is that our collection/wishlist/played list totals and the "Has been playing" line on all posts is gone again. Interestingly, your collection totals show, but I don't think they're accurate.
It disappeared on my end, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The notifications aren't loading again. They worked for a day then stopped. Sometimes now, it would load then an hour later it would stop and be like that tons of hours.

I'll be looking into the notifications thing soon. (It's a bit of a pain because I'm finding it hard to replicate.)

Had to do a notification purge, but it should mean future ones load more quickly.

Also:
15 Feb 2016 - Added Green Man Gaming to game pages/price tracker.

The homepage redirect is pretty rough today, took almost a dozen tries just to get to this thread.

IPhone 6 using Safari
I guess that's the same issue I've been having with Tapatalk the last few weeks. Getting to threads (I believe when the site is likely experiencing normal to heavy traffic) is painful sometimes. Have to constantly retry opening threads over and over.

It seems okay in the morning, around 6 AM EST. Gets worse later.

It's starting to happening everywhere now.

Even when I try to click on the last page of a thread, it just redirects me there, or clicking on next page in certain threads.

T___________T

Like others have said, the re-direct to the frontpage/homepage is pretty bad today.

A couple of other minor things:

1) CAG affiliate links aren't automatically added to links in wiki posts. See here under the pre-orders section.

2) Is it possible to increase the amount of code allowed in the wiki post of a wiki thread? See here near the bottom of wiki post under spoiler tags.

Having the homepage redirect too. Site is almost unusable. I had to click on this thread 5 times before it actually took me to the thread.

Yep, I caught it. Thought I'd completely eliminated all possible causes of the issue, but since it's still happening it has to be an Invision bug. So this'll be a fun one to fix.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but you can now hover over your avatar at the top of the screen and get a small menu of items to choose from instead of just clicking to log out.  Bravo!

Also, this is way back burner to actual problems John, but you mentioned having a hovering nav bar added to the top of every page.  I'm just poking my head up and providing a gentle reminder, thanks!

*mumblemumble*homepage redirects*mumblemumble*

Thought I had it fixed, but it's an Invision bug - I can clear it temporarily, but then it makes it impossible for me to track down because I can no longer replicate it. So I can keep the site broken while I try to find the cause, or temporarily fix the site. It's a nightmare.

Ok, another batch of changes has gone up to try and get to the bottom of this redirection issue. Please report if you notice it happening again.

(Will be looking into the avatar problems shortly.)

Unfortunately it's still happening. Refreshed a page and was redirected and then a few minutes later was re-directed when I clicked a link to another sub-forum.

Thanks Draekon. More changes up, next round. Each time it happens we get a little closer to the solution.

Did the daily web server restart. Added a bunch of debug measures so the next time I catch it happening, hopefully I can nail it.

bread's done
Back