Kentucky CAG roll call!

Sailorneorune

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
(Note to moderators: If this has been done before and has been subsequently destroyed, then do what you want with this thread.)

Bluegrass State Cheap Ass Gamers, stand up and be counted!

I, Sailorneorune, wish to get to know my CAG comrades in my home state a little better. This is the Kentucky CAG roll call thread, in which you give your username and location, as well as tell a little about yourself.

I'm SAILORNEORUNE, a one-year veteran of CAG, and a card-carrying female gamer (gasp!). I'm a second-year college student majoring in IT, and try each day to fit in time for studying and gaming.

My location is in western Kentucky, approximately 2 1/2 hours from Paducah and 40 minutes from Evansville.

That said, welcome all KY CAGs to my humble thread.

[quote name='PhoenixRisen']Eddyville here.. and for deals i have to hit up paducah or usually online. Thank God for gamefly tho.[/quote]

Hey, I've been to the prisons down there a few times. Business only though, not as an inmate. :D

I'm not in Frankfort anymore. I'm back home in the East End of Louisville(middletownish)

For anyone that plays Halo you can sign up for Halocal and it allows you to search for people that play Halo3 that live near you.

Well, I technically live in VA, but at home, I'm 15 minutes away from Middlesboro, so I just count myself as living in Kentucky, and I used to live there, so yeah, haha.

I go to college in Wise, VA now, so I pretty much hit up Pikeville and Middlesboro/Barbourville/Corbin every so often. My dad lives in Lexington, though, so I'm up there a lot too.

No one from wayyyyy southeast, eh? haha

[quote name='drtomoe123']Well, I technically live in VA, but at home, I'm 15 minutes away from Middlesboro, so I just count myself as living in Kentucky, and I used to live there, so yeah, haha.

I go to college in Wise, VA now, so I pretty much hit up Pikeville and Middlesboro/Barbourville/Corbin every so often. My dad lives in Lexington, though, so I'm up there a lot too.

No one from wayyyyy southeast, eh? haha[/quote]

There's a nice game store in Corbin as I recall, only dropped in once but they had a ton of stuff. Seemed like it was called King's Games or something like that. Check it out when you're in town.

Henderson County here -- *points to insignificant blip southwest of Evansville*

Glad to have so many KY CAGs here - may just keep track of the counties represented for a cheap laugh or two, though it's pretty obvious the majority hails from Louisville and Lexington.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Henderson County here -- *points to insignificant blip southwest of Evansville*

Glad to have so many KY CAGs here - may just keep track of the counties represented for a cheap laugh or two, though it's pretty obvious the majority hails from Louisville and Lexington.[/quote]

I've been to the gambling boat in that area before, little west of Owensboro and I think it was in Henderson. I believe it was Aztar...I'm getting a little sloppy with places and things anymore.

[quote name='drtomoe123']Well, I technically live in VA, but at home, I'm 15 minutes away from Middlesboro, so I just count myself as living in Kentucky, and I used to live there, so yeah, haha.

No one from wayyyyy southeast, eh? haha[/quote]

There's a nice game store in Corbin as I recall, only dropped in once but they had a ton of stuff. Seemed like it was called King's Games or something like that. Check it out when you're in town.

Henderson County here -- *points to insignificant blip southwest of Evansville*

Glad to have so many KY CAGs here - may just keep track of the counties represented for a cheap laugh or two, though it's pretty obvious the majority hails from Louisville and Lexington.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Henderson County here -- *points to insignificant blip southwest of Evansville*

Glad to have so many KY CAGs here - may just keep track of the counties represented for a cheap laugh or two, though it's pretty obvious the majority hails from Louisville and Lexington.[/quote]

I've been to the gambling boat in that area before, little west of Owensboro and I think it was in Henderson. I believe it was Aztar...I'm getting a little sloppy with places and things anymore.

I'm from Middlesboro, but now live in Berea. The store in Corbin is called Game King, and they have a lot of neat stuff in there. It's located on Main Street; you'll see a billboard by the Gamestop on the Parkway. I stopped in this week on my way to visit my folks. I think they have almost every system you could imagine for sale in there, and most with original packaging. Things I had never even seen before, much less owned. Check it out.

[quote name='rodninni']I'm from Middlesboro, but now live in Berea. The store in Corbin is called Game King, and they have a lot of neat stuff in there. It's located on Main Street; you'll see a billboard by the Gamestop on the Parkway. I stopped in this week on my way to visit my folks. I think they have almost every system you could imagine for sale in there, and most with original packaging. Things I had never even seen before, much less owned. Check it out.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I live in Louisville, what kind of stuff do they have in there? Anything really old, like SNES and stuff?

[quote name='Hollywood']Sweet, I live in Louisville, what kind of stuff do they have in there? Anything really old, like SNES and stuff?[/quote]

Yep. I recall seeing plenty of NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 etc... Lots of older stuff too that doesn't interest m: Intellivision, Atari and so forth. I guess what makes'em different for me was the wide variety of just about everything anf lots of stuff you simply never see in stores in this area.

Maybe we should make a Louisville mail list or something? I don't find a ton of awesome deals here so I would like to keep up.

hey i"m in Louisville, if anyone ever wants to meet up i'd be cool with it. once my wife and i get a house i would love to have a CAG meetup there! hopefully it will be soon.

I live in London currently and lived in Manchester (home of University of Kentuck & Clay County basketball great Richie Farmer) for pretty much my entire life. They're near Corbin, Barbourville and Somerset.

Hi all I live in Nicholasville currently. Originally from the London-Corbin area. Lived in Morehead for a while during the mid to late 90's.

I know everyone here is either in Louisville or somewhere else not in western Kentucky, but I've got the time off to go to OMGCon in Paducah in June.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I know everyone here is either in Louisville or somewhere else not in western Kentucky, but I've got the time off to go to OMGCon in Paducah in June.[/quote]

The what??

I guess it must be everyone else from Louisville that is raping the clearance games before I get to them

Ah OMGcon...try to keep daniel (the founder/financier/scrawny blond guy) from tearing his hair out. Murray here, originally from Paducah. Recently quit playing mmo's and went back to consoles...1 month and 2 broken 360's later, waiting on a repair :p (never had a 360 last more than 21 days)

Wish I could go to OMGcon but I'm heading to China in about 10 days. Go go international student girlfriends. I'm hoping to get some cheap region free games over there. Hell, maybe even pick up a japanese unit, probably a PS3 though. (I knew there was a reason I learned Japanese...not for my business degree, just to play games. Though I do know a korean guy who learned english solely to play FFVII)

Nice to meet ya.

Hello all!
I am a Kentucky born and raised gamer, i live about 20 minutes from evansville, started CAG today, and am currenytly in love with a girl i met over xbox live.
I live in morganfield Kentucky, and my gamertag is McWoopah.
My favorite games are Dead rising, Disgaea, and Earthbound.
Y'all come back now ya hear?
(Beverly Hillbillies is the best tele-vision show ever made!)

Hello all!
I am a Kentucky born and raised gamer, i live about 20 minutes from evansville, started CAG today, and am currenytly in love with a girl i met over xbox live ;).
(Beverly Hillbillies is the best tele-vision show ever made! :D)

[quote name='zombiealucard']Hello all!
I am a Kentucky born and raised gamer, i live about 20 minutes from evansville, started CAG today, and am currenytly in love with a girl i met over xbox live ;).
(Beverly Hillbillies is the best tele-vision show ever made! :D)[/quote]

Greetings.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I usually have to sneak across the bridge to get in on the CAG deals (this is why I hang around in both the KY and IN CAG threads)... I've found my fair share of cool stuff in Henderson, Evansville, and Owensboro, and I REALLY need to get back over to Paducah and raid the classic gaming goldmine I stumbled onto last fall.

If any of you have any locally owned stores that have games near you, give them a look. They may not know what they have... ^_^[/quote]

Book and music exchange in Henderson is the best place i found for games so far :).
Great place that is.
Theres a wallgreens by a wendys (like henderson doesn't have enough of those) that you take a right at, then keep going straight, if you went the right way theres a school and a dominoes XD.
Keep going straight for like 1 minute and its just to the right in this plaza like area.
ALSO!
I have to get across the bridge to get ALL the CAG deals here.
Damn evansville bestbuy seems to never have anything though :cry:.

[quote name='masishadow']I agree book and music exchange is awesome...also greetings (even though nothing good comes from morganfield!)[/quote]
Yup.
Im all this towns got XD.
Book and music exchange should have a website up though.
I'd like to see how they do their trade ins/how much each game is worth :D.

I used to work at Book and Music exchange in henderson like 3 years ago. I got fired because I kept purchasing games from my own pocket instead of from the store. Oh well it was worth it. I used to have like at the kmart there but not anymore.

http://kygamersguild.roflforum.net

Hey this is my forum I made its purely for ky gamers to meet locals exchange gamertags or PSN ID's or just talk about games,we also are going to be planning some tournaments but theres plenty areas for just casual gaming discussion too.If ur from KY and game join us!

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I used to work at Book and Music exchange in henderson like 3 years ago. I got fired because I kept purchasing games from my own pocket instead of from the store. Oh well it was worth it. I used to have like at the kmart there but not anymore.[/quote]
yeah, since the kmart is owned by Sears its gone to hell.
even all the standard k-mart deals aren't there :/

Hey, thanks everyone.

My thread gets some more love. Yay. ^_^

Zombiealucard - you're really close to me! I work in Morganfield, all my friends are in Henderson, and I currently reside at the halfway point. The underground lair is still standing.

Born and raised in Kentucky, too. Started CAG 4 years ago, and fell in love with a guy who sent me some games to test the Saturn I paid $5 for at the old Morganfield SA Thrift Store.

My favorite games are Super Mario Bros. 3, Klonoa, The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

I gotta cross the bridge just the same, but I buy my anime from Right Stuf and my games from Book Broker.

Have any of the western KY CAGs been to Book Broker? It's worth the trip - they may not always have what you're looking for, but when they do, it's cheap. Half-price Dragon Quest IV ftw.

About the BME - the Diamond Avenue store seems to be the best. Numero uno - they're the only BME that carries Sega games and consoles. Point 2 - they don't seem to get as many of the Amazonesque price hikes as the Henderson store.

But when the Xbox I got from them bit the dust, they were nice enough to transport another system from Washington Ave. to Hendo under the warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from Elizabethtown, KY

Plus i'm close to town so I got Wal-Mart, GameStop, Best Buy, K-Mart, Target, Blockbuster, Game Crazy and FYE (which doesnt sell games anymore) to cover.

Best place I get deals at is a Mom and Pop shop in town called "Ol' Buddies" which sell as new and used stuff including a lot of retro gaming too, they are really good on everything!

So I try to keep tabs on things if I see anything clearance or some great deal. :)

[quote name='HCHecxz']I'm from Elizabethtown, KY

Plus i'm close to town so I got Wal-Mart, GameStop, Best Buy, K-Mart, Target, Blockbuster, Game Crazy and FYE (which doesnt sell games anymore) to cover.

Best place I get deals at is a Mom and Pop shop in town called "Ol' Buddies" which sell as new and used stuff including a lot of retro gaming too, they are really good on everything!

So I try to keep tabs on things if I see anything clearance or some great deal. :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome. Ol' Buddies is the greatest.

While I'm not at school in Utica NY, I'm at home in KY.

Unfortunately, home is in Somerset, which makes life as a CAG tough. :S

[quote name='doughazelwood']Welcome. Ol' Buddies is the greatest.[/QUOTE]

You damn right it is :)

Heck, they hooked me up with my 80GB MGS4 PS3 Bundle when it came out before everyone else cleaned them out, now everyones complaining they didn't get them then because this one has the full backwards comp. on all PS2 games :)

Note to self...don't buy video games in convenience stores in Tokyo...omg expensive.

~65 usd for dragon quest IX ds...65 for a ds game...

Oh well...off to china today...the land of cheap knock-offs (video games included.) I've heard from my chinese friends that only stupid people buy the authentic copies of the game in China.

bread's done
Back