Kentucky CAG roll call!

Sailorneorune

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
(Note to moderators: If this has been done before and has been subsequently destroyed, then do what you want with this thread.)

Bluegrass State Cheap Ass Gamers, stand up and be counted!

I, Sailorneorune, wish to get to know my CAG comrades in my home state a little better. This is the Kentucky CAG roll call thread, in which you give your username and location, as well as tell a little about yourself.

I'm SAILORNEORUNE, a one-year veteran of CAG, and a card-carrying female gamer (gasp!). I'm a second-year college student majoring in IT, and try each day to fit in time for studying and gaming.

My location is in western Kentucky, approximately 2 1/2 hours from Paducah and 40 minutes from Evansville.

That said, welcome all KY CAGs to my humble thread.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Hey, thanks everyone.

My thread gets some more love. Yay. ^_^

Zombiealucard - you're really close to me! I work in Morganfield, all my friends are in Henderson, and I currently reside at the halfway point. The underground lair is still standing.

Born and raised in Kentucky, too. Started CAG 4 years ago, and fell in love with a guy who sent me some games to test the Saturn I paid $5 for at the old Morganfield SA Thrift Store.

My favorite games are Super Mario Bros. 3, Klonoa, The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

I gotta cross the bridge just the same, but I buy my anime from Right Stuf and my games from Book Broker.

Have any of the western KY CAGs been to Book Broker? It's worth the trip - they may not always have what you're looking for, but when they do, it's cheap. Half-price Dragon Quest IV ftw.

About the BME - the Diamond Avenue store seems to be the best. Numero uno - they're the only BME that carries Sega games and consoles. Point 2 - they don't seem to get as many of the Amazonesque price hikes as the Henderson store.

But when the Xbox I got from them bit the dust, they were nice enough to transport another system from Washington Ave. to Hendo under the warranty.[/QUOTE]
So may I ask the name? :D

Can someone give me directions to the Gamestop in London? I've tried three or four times, but I can't find it. All the directions I find online take me to the wrong place.

Louisville CAG - The Wal-Mart on Hurstbourne Ln. (near J-Town) has 2000 point Wii cards with a joystick sleeve for 10.00 on clearance. There were about 10 or so when I checked this morning.

[quote name='zombiealucard']So may I ask the name? :D[/QUOTE]

My name?

Search for sailorneorune on GameTZ, or trade with me, and you'll find out. :)

flying into louisville and driving to frankfurt tomorrow. Will only be in for basically one afternoon.. anything worth seeing along my route? (sightseeing, etc)

Howdy, Y'all!
Don't you just love stereotypes?

Wittyreference from Derbycity. Just started my senior year of public highschool. The grammatical errors followed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, another Elizabethtown, Ky CAG checking in here. I agree with HCH about Ol' Buddies but I think it should also be noted that we have probably the friendliest Best Buy staff here that I've ever seen. I do alot of price matching and they not only work with you but I've even had a manager print out an ad on their own computer when they could not use the one I had (for a 60gb PS3 no less!). Great people!

Hey, guys!

I'm originally from Cynthiana, but I'm currently attending Morehead State University, so I spend time at both.

Neither of which have any decent places to buy stuff. :/

[quote name='Hao']Hey, guys!

I'm originally from Cynthiana, but I'm currently attending Morehead State University, so I spend time at both.

Neither of which have any decent places to buy stuff. :/[/QUOTE]

Greetings. What is your major?

[quote name='doughazelwood']Greetings. What is your major?[/QUOTE]
Computer Science, at the moment. I'm currently a freshmen, so there's still a chance that I could end up switching later on.

Yo, I'm in Nicholasville its near Lexington like a 10 min drive away, I'm also new to CAG so haya lol

I shoulda added a little more about myself eh? well... I've lived here most of my life and I've been a gamer for just about the same amount of time, I loves me some good old school gaming especially jrpgs, I love all genras of gaming save for the new trend in fitness games and sports games (though I'll give sports games a chance I loved NBA jam on the genesis XD) my favorit game of all time would be Castlvania: Symphony of the night and all of the castlevania series. anyway its nice to meet you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thundarr']Greetings Athanasius, and welcome to CAG! Good ol' Jessamine County, isn't it?[/QUOTE]
Thank you, and yup yup lived here most of my life.

CAG noob here. I'm originally from Grayson Ky (near Ashland). Don't see too many eastern KYans here. Guess the internet hasn't penetrated into the hills yet :whistle2:?. I live and work in Lexington now though. Best deals are usually Amazon or EBay for me.

I'm in downtown Louisville.

Anyone in the Metro Louisville area thinking about going to GameStop for BlackFriday (if Amazon doesn't match/beat or you can't wait): The Poplar GameStop is less than two years old, a very nice store and on two different trips, I was told their BlackFriday was slow and they only had 16 people line up yesterday. According to the associates, BF was weaker than a midnight release.

[quote name='kaelinronkus']I'm from Louisville! Born and raised :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome. Have you fount anything good? and big question. Uk or UofL haha.

Born and Raised in Owensboro myself, work in Owensboro as well, although I currently live just on the other side of Reo, IN. 15 mins from O'boro

Just saw this thread for the first time. I live in Owensboro and work in Henderson. I also know Rusty Spoon...and I am scared of him.

It's good to have friends, even if they scare you a little.

Thanks for posting in my thread - sorry for the lack of deal postings, as most of the places I go to are pretty random on the goodies.

I grew up in Pikeville, Ky. now living in Georgetown, on account of working at Toyota. Great to see that KY is so well represented here, I just wish the stores around here would put stuff on clearance when everyone else does.

[quote name='litjester']I grew up in Pikeville, Ky. now living in Georgetown, on account of working at Toyota. Great to see that KY is so well represented here, I just wish the stores around here would put stuff on clearance when everyone else does.[/QUOTE]

Want target clearance:drool:

Kinda off topic, but...Go CATS! One win and we're into the Final Four!!! One year removed from the most horrible disaster of a season ever.

This is the Kentucky thread - the Cats are considered on-topic. ;)

Cool to see this group growing.

Now for my turn in the OT-mobile: anyone going to OMGCon? June 11-13, in Paducah.

Anyone getting any good stuff? My last good catch was BS2 LE that price dropped to 69.99- 20$ coupon.

Got 3 because I had some games to return from my bday.

Haven't seen anything that has blown my mind that isn't being discussed in the main Video Games forum.

However, I saw the regular version of Splinter Cell: Convinction (with the 1 Month Live Card) at Target in Elizabethtown, KY for $49.99 tagged inside the glass case. However it saids $59.99 in their sale ad. So I dunno if it's a typo or legit, but figure someone close by could jump on it.

I got the CE of it today at Best Buy for $59.99 with a Working USB Drive, YAY!

[quote name='neonlights326']Bowling Green. Hi everyone![/QUOTE]

You wouldn't happen to be the BG CAG that's hording all the Target clearance, would you? :lol:

Just moved to Leander, Kentucky about a month ago from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Liking it so far, but ya' gotta drive 40 minutes to get to a Gamestop which sucks, and there's no Targets in the area period.

[quote name='Rusty Spoon']You wouldn't happen to be the BG CAG that's hording all the Target clearance, would you? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's me. :bomb:

Stopped by the BG Target this week. For the XBOX 360 all i saw was the Beatles game for maybe $20~ish...? I know GH: Van Halen is down to $30. Two copies left. Hoping that drops another $10 next Monday. (Just in case anyone wants to be nice to me and leave me one of the two copies on Monday morning. :) )

Picked up a few uncommon guides at the Henderson Book & Music Exchange over the last couple of weeks, including the one for Ogre Battle 64. What I thought was really funny, though, is that the Monday before getting that guide, OB64 hit the Virtual Console!

So, I should probably play it, eh?

Another shoutout to the Western KY CAGs - anyone going to OMGCon Paducah?

[quote name='Rusty Spoon']You wouldn't happen to be the BG CAG that's hording all the Target clearance, would you? :lol:[/QUOTE]

No, and I was wondering who the hell was doing that as well! :bomb: It really ticks me off.

KY thread seems the best place to ask this; does anyone know if ear x tacy closed yet (or re-opened somewhere). i don't feel like a 30 min ride for disappointment. They are the only place i know that carry the bands i like.

UK Demarcus Cousins signing schedule:

May 29, 12p-1:30p at Center Court in the Towne Mall in Elizabethtown, KY. For more information please call the Management office at 270 737-1617.
May 29, 6:30p in Pikeville, KY. The session is being held at Pikeville High School, during the Kentucky Legends vs. East Kentucky All-Stars game. The game is scheduled to start at 6:30 PM and will feature former UK players Ramon Harris, Mark Krebs, Wayne Turner, Lukasz Orbzut and Brandon Stockton. Tickets for the game are $10 for general admission and $15 for reserved seating.
May 30, 1:00p at WalMart in Pikeville, KY. No other info available.
May 31, 12p-2p at Cardboard Heroes Sports Stuff at the Mall of St. Matthews in Louisville, KY. Tickets will be $35 per signature for your own item and $40 for a signature and a 16×20 photo. Inscriptions will be $20 and personalization is free.
May 31, 5p in Lexington (No info Available)

bread's done
Back