Kick! Punch! It’s all in the mind. GGT #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jer7583']Don't you think "Love can bloom on the battlefield" and "You never think about what's next on the battlefield" are equal in stupidity to "Where are you going? TO WAR!" and all the other awful lines that both of those games have..[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='jer7583']Don't you think "Love can bloom on the battlefield" and "You never think about what's next on the battlefield" are equal in stupidity to "Where are you going? TO WAR!" and all the other awful lines that both of those games have..[/QUOTE]

No. HOO-RAH!!

[quote name='whoknows']No.[/QUOTE]

then you're fooling yourself because try to explain the story to or show either of those games to someone who doesn't know them and embarassment is guaranteed. Well, we'll revisit this in a week or two when you guys have finished MGS4 and have the same perspective on it as I do.

Honestly..

"First it's my smile, then it's my ass, what's next?"

/GROWL "you never think about what's next on the battlefield"

"How old are you snake?"

"Old enough to know what DEATH looks like"

"I am the FEEEEEEEAAAHR"

And a fat dude on rollerskates drinking wine.

Your sidekick slept with his mother.

Grafting an arm onto someone's body gives them the arm's personality, also the arm takes over from time to time.

It doesn't matter what your personal opinion of a game's story is, it's rude not to bother using spoiler tags when discussing it--especially when the game isn't supposed to be out yet.

[quote name='jer7583']then you're fooling yourself because try to explain the story to or show either of those games to someone who doesn't know them and embarassment is guaranteed. Well, we'll revisit this in a week or two when you guys have finished MGS4 and have the same perspective on it as I do.[/QUOTE]
Because watching the ending on youtube really gives you a full prespective.

And I actually explained the series plot to my friend last week, and he wants to borrow MGS1 from me Wednesday.

[quote name='jer7583']Half Life has great characters but the premise is basically just aliens taking over. Nothing that halo or any other alien movie/game hasn't done.[/quote]

Because Halo in 2001 came before Half Life in 1998?

Wait, what?

[quote name='gunm']It doesn't matter what your personal opinion of a game's story is, it's rude not to bother using spoiler tags when discussing it--especially when the game isn't supposed to be out yet.[/QUOTE]

I didn't post any spoilers, everyone in this thread has it out for me because I don't like Devil May Cry, Anime, PC Gaming, or the PS3.

Slain it wasn't a comment praising halo, it was a comment on the generic nature of the story in all those sorts of games. When you make assumptions, things just don't work.

I don't even own halo 3 anymore but somehow i'm this big fanboy of the damn thing suddenly..

MGS3 was the first time I ever payed attention to a storyline and thought that the ending had some real energy to it.

Kojima can be on the nutty side at times, but the humor is amusing none-the-less and isn't too detrimental to the impact the story is supposed to make on the gamer.

[quote name='jer7583']I didn't post any spoilers, everyone in this thread has it out for me because I don't like Devil May Cry, Anime, PC Gaming, or the PS3.[/QUOTE]

haha pretty much. jk

yeah, MGS3's ending is pretty awesome. Probably the best ending anyone's ever done in a game. MGS3 and the first one are by far the best of the series and the most down to earth, and I like that a lot, when kojima can show some restraint. Then MGS2 and MGS4 come along and screw up all of that good stuff..

I know more than anyone else here so my cynicism is more justified than your optimism. Try again in a few weeks.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I never realized the benefits of using the multi-quote button before, let alone noticing it at all #-o[/quote]

I use it all the time. ;)

[quote name='jer7583']yeah, MGS3's ending is pretty awesome. Probably the best ending anyone's ever done in a game.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

if you guys like the story, then that's fine. I like the games, but the story is always the part where i'm groaning in MGS.

I'm just sick of being consistently misunderstood as this halo fanboy that's just bashing things because i'm biased. If people like slain and Dark Slayer weren't so freaking defensive and stopped taking things personally that aren't personal, we wouldn't have these problems.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I saw your handy work with the No's ;)[/quote]

Ha ha ha yeah my friend told me what the moron posted, and I could easily agree with the crowd. But it was really because he doesn't like Devil May Cry, Anime, PC Gaming, or the PS3. I mean it had nothing to do with the spoilers he posted or anything. :roll:

[quote name='jer7583']if you guys like the story, then that's fine. I like the games, but the story is always the part where i'm groaning in MGS.

I'm just sick of being consistently misunderstood as this halo fanboy that's just bashing things because i'm biased. If people like slain and Dark Slayer weren't so freaking defensive and stopped taking things personally that aren't personal, we wouldn't have these problems.[/quote]

This is true because why?

Shit son, I haven't posted hardly at all in these threads, then attack me like this saying I'm part of the problem is ludicrous. When I checked this thread 10 minutes ago, it seemed you had already dug yourself a hole from something you posted pages back.

Also, I didn't take your comment to offense, I was just making a comment about your comment. Nothing about it offended me, let alone I knew it wasn't personal.

I now I'm alone but greatest ending for me was Killer 7.

I don't believe in bests or greatestsestestis to be honest though. all posted good endings I agree with.

I thought Killzone had good story, the helghast were an intresting and sympathetic enemy...somewhat.

Bioshock had alot of great story elements, beside it's obvious Chinatown like convoluted side-story of the main character.

Max Payne is one of the best uses of story in a game I've seen to date, everything about the game and the writing fits in completely. I want more Max Payne.

[quote name='Moxio']Ohohohoho.[/quote]

Wat? SOTC ending/story was amazing if you could actually put the story together. That is one thing I loved about SOTC, is the fact that it didn't hold your hand through the story, it let you kind of put the pieces together to understand wtf is going on.

Edit: Zew is full of win.

i forgot to say the most recent story I've been most satisfied with its conclusion was Mass Effect. Even though it's a trilogy they ended the first part perfectly.

I'm officially scared...

youngItagak.jpg

go ahead, I'm sure you know who this is.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I now I'm alone but greatest ending for me was Killer 7.[/quote]

I actually liked the ending to Killer 7 as well.

Sure seems like anyone interested in MGS4 needs to turn off the computer and unplug the internet now, and not turn anything back on until you hit the ending credits.

I've been thinking about replaying SotC recently. Possibly after NG2 and LIJ are done.

does that take place immediately? Like it comes with the download?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Who knew people took posting so seriously ;)

I picked up a copy of Rayearth awhile back, I was jazzed to get one for $30 in mint condition with the sticker pack still unused and brand new :D

Ever since then it's just been sitting on my shelf #-o[/QUOTE]I really wanted Rayearth. I almost bought it many times for my Saturn, but it was $50-$60 new at EB. I remember, seeing tons of rare Saturn games at my EB one day, brand new, and only bought Albert Odyssey for $25 (sold on ebay for $67 a year ago) and NiGHTs into Dreams w/ 3D controller (bought for $20 new).

[quote name='jer7583']And how does that dark slayer guy know I have curly hair?[/QUOTE]We've seen your picture that you posted here before........along with another.

Hmm, is Ninja Gaiden Black just Ninja Gaiden with the hurricane packs, or are there features only available in Black?

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Well shit to Jer Halo is the best game ever, which means the best story ever. I wasn't quoting HMCM and saying in my opinion Halo had a good story. Because Halos story is a fucking joke just like Jer. IMO MGS story is one of the best stories ever, and I do not want it ruined for me.[/QUOTE]Halo had a decent story, but in no way does it compete with MGS IMO. MGS storyline is extremely epic and one of the best IMO.

[quote name='refusedchaos']well since you havent played MGS4, you dont have the right to shit-talk its story[/QUOTE]QFT.
[quote name='jer7583']Don't you think "Love can bloom on the battlefield" and "You never think about what's next on the battlefield" are equal in stupidity to "Where are you going? TO WAR!" and all the other awful lines that both of those games have..[/QUOTE]NO.

[quote name='jer7583']I didn't post any spoilers, everyone in this thread has it out for me because I don't like Devil May Cry, Anime, PC Gaming, or the PS3.[/QUOTE]There are people in this thread who dislike DMC, Anime, PC Gaming, PS3, and so on. The reason you get angry replies is because you don't treat GGT members very nice, continue to state your opinions as a fact, call people out and make fun of their opinions (everyone has a different opinion, just respect it), name called a few people for no apparent reason, and so on. Basically, you are the one who gets on some people's nerves here. Just be more respectful of other people's opinions and don't make fun of people, then the GGT would probably be much nicer to you.

[quote name='daroga']Hmm, is Ninja Gaiden Black just Ninja Gaiden with the hurricane packs, or are there features only available in Black?[/QUOTE]The added some features in Black I believe and refined the controls. I thought you had Ninja Gaiden Black at one point (I thought I remember you selling it on ebay once)??

[quote name='Dandeschain']TMK, does the 20 gig PS3 have HDMI?[/QUOTE]Yes, it has HDMI. I'm connecting my 20GB through HDMI right now.

What the 20GB lacks is:
No Cardreaders
No WiFi
Smaller HDD (It has a smaller cache too (2MB, compared to 8MB of some), which might make some games load slower (Gripshift comes to mind), but once you change the HDD, there is no difference)
It's all black, no chrome strip

20GB is not enough HDD space though, so I recommend changing it asap.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yes, it has HDMI. I'm connecting my 20GB through HDMI right now.

What the 20GB lacks is:
No Cardreaders
No WiFi
Smaller HDD (It has a smaller cache too (2MB, compared to 8MB of some), which might make some games load slower (Gripshift comes to mind), but once you change the HDD, there is no difference)
It's all black, no chrome strip

20GB is not enough HDD space though, so I recommend changing it asap.[/quote]

I would change the HDD for sure. I'm gonna go over to the dude's house and playtest a couple of PS1 and PS2 games sometime today.

wow... those include the much needed "Non-Suck"

I think the US covers are trying to be too much like the SCII covers of old. I wish companies would more often have double sided covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back