Kid Icarus Uprising $29.99 at Best Buy

AdventX

CAGiversary!
As the title reads, Kid Icarus Uprising is $29.99 at Best Buy.

Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kid+Ica...8280317&skuId=2856614&st=kid icarus&lp=1&cp=1

I pre-ordered through best buy so I hope I get this price when I pick it up. It would be nice to get the pre-order bonus and the sale price. Hopefully amazon will price match this!

UPDATE FOR THOSE WHO ORDERED ON OR BEFORE 03/23 THROUGH AMAZON:

From Amazon Representative:

"Customers who ordered Kid Icarus on or before 03/23 direct from Amazon will either have the price of their order reduced to $29.99 or will get a refund for the price difference between $29.99 and the price they ordered the game at within 3-5 business days.
Please note that this only applies to orders shipped and sold by Amazon."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PaulDE01']Yes it comes with the stand at Best Buy. Just did a instore pickup.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this too. No preorder bonus though.

[quote name='Vendetta']I can confirm this too. No preorder bonus though.[/QUOTE]

Well, that makes me feel a bit better about my amazon order. How much does the 3D Originals Kid Icarus cost? Hopefully it's at least $10. LOL.

I'm still happy with my amazon pre-order. With the $10 GC for $5 this week and the free copy of the 3D classics version of the original (Saving $7.45 after tax I was going to spend anyway) it was effectively $27.55. It would be great to save another $10, but the pre-order from Amazon was still the better deal.

As a bonus I didn't have to add funds to my eShop account!

[quote name='girfreak']Does anyone know if walmart will price match this?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Some Walmarts will; others will not. I know that cashiers were given a placard on how to do 'buy X get Y, for Z' transactions at my place and have 'ad match guaranteed' those deals for me, but some are reluctant to do so.

anyone been in store yet to see if the price is good there? IDK, maybe it is safer to do in-store pickup in case this is a price mistake..HMMMMMMMMM

Perfect. Thanks OP! Was gonna do this as part of Target b2g1 (effectively $26.67) but 29.99 is good enough for me with less hassle.

Btw people, using a GC to lower the price doesn't mean the price is lower. ;)

[quote name='confoosious']
Btw people, using a GC to lower the price doesn't mean the price is lower. ;)[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU lol. that annoys the hell out of me when people say stuff like, "I got blank game for $19.99" how? "oh i had a $20 credit on amazon" :booty:

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']THANK YOU lol. that annoys the hell out of me when people say stuff like, "I got blank game for $19.99" how? "oh i had a $20 credit on amazon" :booty:[/QUOTE]

If the credit was obtained by either a trade in or a present then I would consider it lowering the price.

I look at it as how much did I pay net for the product? If I used a gift card that wasn't purchased by me then I subtract that amount to get my net paid.

For me it's all about the actual net cash outlay for the item.

[quote name='kevgret']If the credit was obtained by either a trade in or a present then I would consider it lowering the price.

I look at it as how much did I pay net for the product? If I used a gift card that wasn't purchased by me then I subtract that amount to get my net paid.

For me it's all about the actual net cash outlay for the item.[/QUOTE]

Right, but now you don't have the GC to use on something else. Does that mean the price of the next thing you buy is $x higher than it is selling for? I guess you would have to say yes. LOL.

[quote name='kevgret']If the credit was obtained by either a trade in or a present then I would consider it lowering the price.

ah then by that logic i paid $5 for a lot of my games so every time i buy a game i'm getting a good deal :D

This sucks since I used the $20 I got from the $10 for $5 deal to purchase the game.

edit:I was able to get a $5 credit from Amazon CS for being a "loyal" customer. So in total I paid about $25 for the game after buying the gift cards and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']Right, but now you don't have the GC to use on something else. Does that mean the price of the next thing you buy is $x higher than it is selling for? I guess you would have to say yes. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Huh? No.. the next thing I buy without the gift card is the price it is... nothing would be higher.. you can't pay higher than the stated price..

[quote name='kevgret']Huh? No.. the next thing I buy without the gift card is the price it is... nothing would be higher.. you can't pay higher than the stated price..[/QUOTE]

But it could have been $x "lower" had you not used the gift certificate already, so clearly you paid $x more for it. LOL. My point is that the gift certificate did not lower the price of the first item at all. It was just like spending cash.

[quote name='crunchewy']But it could have been $x "lower" had you not used the gift certificate already, so clearly you paid $x more for it. LOL. My point is that the gift certificate did not lower the price of the first item at all. It was just like spending cash.[/QUOTE]

The gift certificate might not have lowered the price.. but it lowered MY actual cash outlay for the item... thats how I look at it..

[quote name='crunchewy']But it could have been $x "lower" had you not used the gift certificate already, so clearly you paid $x more for it. LOL. My point is that the gift certificate did not lower the price of the first item at all. It was just like spending cash.[/QUOTE]

Except it isn't since its tied to 1 store. I could have gotten X for free at BB if I hadn't used that "cash"(store credit) at Frys. It doesn't make sense. It's not cash, it's store credit.

That assumes you couldn't buy anything else ever with the GC in question.

There's a difference between "I got the game for $20 out of pocket" and "I got the game for $20."

If you think you got the game for $20, you're only fooling yourself. Although I don't really care about that. But what does suck is invariably, someone will come along and say "How'd you get it for $20!?!?" And then the person answers "oh, i had a $10 RZ GC."

[quote name='exaznkid']ah then by that logic i paid $5 for a lot of my games so every time i buy a game i'm getting a good deal :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I just got Kid Icarus for FREE at BB today! :whee:

[quote name='confoosious']Perfect. Thanks OP! Was gonna do this as part of Target b2g1 (effectively $26.67) but 29.99 is good enough for me with less hassle.

Btw people, using a GC to lower the price doesn't mean the price is lower. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one that realizes that

[quote name='confoosious']That assumes you couldn't buy anything else ever with the GC in question.

There's a difference between "I got the game for $20 out of pocket" and "I got the game for $20."

If you think you got the game for $20, you're only fooling yourself. Although I don't really care about that. But what does suck is invariably, someone will come along and say "How'd you get it for $20!?!?" And then the person answers "oh, i had a $10 RZ GC."

Exactly. I just got Kid Icarus for FREE at BB! :whee:[/QUOTE]

I never say "I got the game for NET" I always say it was (Gross Price) but I had credit which dropped the price to (Net price).

heh this customer service woman at amazon is horrible, will try others later and i assume amazon will pm the price later since lots of pming the price

whelp , otherwise i might just buy it at best buy and return the amazon copy, yup that $10 is a big deal :p

day 1's are beginning to be "wait a week for a price drop"

[quote name='kevgret']If the credit was obtained by either a trade in or a present then I would consider it lowering the price.[/QUOTE]

Stupidest mentality ever.

A co-worker of mine said she got a PlayStation Vita for only $20!
after trading in 30 Xbox 360 games

[quote name='kevgret']I never say "I got the game for NET" I always say it was (Gross Price) but I had credit which dropped the price to (Net price).[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you that it was the net price. You got it for less out of pocket. Your cost is really just the cost, unless someone in line said "here's $10, you can ONLY use it right now on Kid Icarus!" But we don't need to go round and round on that.

I at least appreciate you saying you got it with a credit of x.

There are a lot of CAGs who just say "I got it for $10!" with no explanation. And that just confuses people.

[quote name='theking20']heh this customer service woman at amazon is horrible, will try others later and i assume amazon will pm the price later since lots of pming the price

whelp , otherwise i might just buy it at best buy and return the amazon copy, yup that $10 is a big deal :p

day 1's are beginning to be "wait a week for a price drop"[/QUOTE]

Have they ever lowered the price after the fact? I can't even get them to do that for an amazon pre-order when it is amazon who lowers the price right after release.

I think my take away lessen is that it makes less and less sense these days to pre-order from amazon. Their pre-order deals suck.

Confirmed just got back from BB and it rang up $29.99 no need to tell them. And to all the people that bought from Amazon, good luck price matching because according to their policy prices change every day and they probably won't honor the sale price. I bought a game from them and the price adjusted within the hour and they told me they could not credit me the difference. Never again amazon.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Stupidest mentality ever.

[/QUOTE]

As long as your co worker says that the price was after trading in the games theres nothing wrong with that statement.

But it's ok if you don't understand.. and thanks for the compliment..

[quote name='confoosious']I disagree with you that it was the net price. You got it for less out of pocket. Your cost is really just the cost, unless someone in line said "here's $10, you can ONLY use it right now on Kid Icarus!" But we don't need to go round and round on that.

I at least appreciate you saying you got it with a credit of x.

There are a lot of CAGs who just say "I got it for $10!" with no explanation. And that just confuses people.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I am using the word NET is because thats the actual cash I paid for the item AFTER all discounts, codes, gift certificates have been applied.

I could say something like "The cost of Kid Icarus is $29.99. But I actually paid $14.99 after I applied a gift card" In the end I view the cash portion as the net ($14.99).

I am not a fan of saying "I got it for $10" unless thats the actual price of the item without any gift certificates added..

I can't even believe this is an argument. The price is what you paid for it, who cares if you used a coupon, certificate, gift card, food stamps, etc.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Stupidest mentality ever.

[/QUOTE]

agree, in fact, she can probably get two or three PS Vita if she decide to sell her 30 games elsewhere.

[quote name='therealdeal19']I can't even believe this is an argument. The price is what you paid for it, who cares if you used a coupon, certificate, gift card, food stamps, etc.[/QUOTE]

I get all my games for free then. I win CAG!

[quote name='therealdeal19']I can't even believe this is an argument. The price is what you paid for it, who cares if you used a coupon, certificate, gift card, food stamps, etc.[/QUOTE]

Right. Nobody cares how much credit/gift cards you have. EVERYONE thus far spent $40 at Amazon if they bought it there. You can justify it however you want, but it is what it is.

My wife always asks me "How much did you pay for it" when I tell her I bought a new toy..

ME: "Hey, I just bought one of those new PS Vitas from amazon"

HER: "Really, why did you buy one, don't you already have a 3DS?"

ME: "umm.. no reason really. but the price was $175 almost half off what the retail is"

HER "YOU SPENT $175???"

ME "No, it was $175, but I have $200 credit so I didn't pay anything"

HER "Ok, whatever.. go take out the trash"

[quote name='kevgret']My wife always asks me "How much did you pay for it" when I tell her I bought a new toy..

ME: "umm.. no reason really. but the price was $175 almost half off what the retail is"

HER "YOU SPENT $175???"

HER "Ok, whatever.. go take out the trash"[/QUOTE]

Yea, that always works well on the wife. :lol:

considering were derailing off a cliff lets do a hypothetical standard trade in credit transaction purchase thingy: lets say you bought a certain game say CoD MW3 and since ur here on CAG u probably purchased it for $40 if you like things new and then u traded it in for $30 more or less and then used that to purchase Kid Icarus, you pretty much paid $40 for that too so at this point u bought it for retail at a net loss of $40 currently assuming u paid cash for CoD MW3, if you decided to keep CoD MW3 if would be a net loss of $70

Technically ur really only saving money if you manage to "flip" a game which is actually a rare occurrence aside from the recent Arkham City madness; like say i bought Arkham City, Mass effect 2 and the $5 magazine at best buy which would equal to $20 total, and then i went over to gamestop and turned that into $40 GS credit then used that to purchase Kid Icarus, which means i bought it for $20 out of pocket assuming i had no Bestbuy credit. That would be a better deal then this one currently.

What does this all mean? I'm bored and decided to do some math

[quote name='kevgret']My wife always asks me "How much did you pay for it" when I tell her I bought a new toy..

HER "YOU SPENT $175???"

HER "Ok, whatever.. go take out the trash"[/QUOTE]

That is my daily conversation with my wife. She asked me just the other day when I was going to run out of "credit"

[quote name='kevgret']The only reason I am using the word NET is because thats the actual cash I paid for the item AFTER all discounts, codes, gift certificates have been applied.

I could say something like "The cost of Kid Icarus is $29.99. But I actually paid $14.99 after I applied a gift card" In the end I view the cash portion as the net ($14.99).

I am not a fan of saying "I got it for $10" unless thats the actual price of the item without any gift certificates added..[/QUOTE]

The reason it's misleading and annoying is you are including a payment method, not a deal. A giftcard, trade in, etc is not a "deal". You bought or did something to get that giftcard or trade in credit. Are you including the price of the OTHER game or thing you bought to get the promo credit? Are you including the original price you paid for the game you traded in along with depreciation and difference in trade in credit? We all do things to justify prices or make ourselves feel better about what we just purchased, and there is a bragging rights thread. This is a deals thread though and whats annoying is when people quote prices that cannot be emulated by everyone.

Mother fucker. I preordered it at gamestop because I had credit there. Oh well at least I still get the code for the original game (or I at least pray when I go pick it up later tonight).

[quote name='kevgret']As long as your co worker says that the price was after trading in the games theres nothing wrong with that statement.

But it's ok if you don't understand.. and thanks for the compliment..[/QUOTE]

No, she didn't say how she got it for that price UNTIL I asked her how, which means people in general have the stupid mentality that they think they are getting a "deal", when in fact they are not.

I'm starting to think the "I paid what I paid out of pocket people" justify their poor logic because that's how they explain it to their wives so as to not get into trouble.

It really is terrible logic. If you traded in 1000 games at gamestop and got a PS3 in return, you didn't get it for free. In fact, you got a terrible deal.

Terrible logic aside, the reason it bugs so much is because of the confusion it causes because as ponn01 said, it can't be emulated by everyone.

bread's done
Back