Kid Icarus Uprising $29.99 at Best Buy

AdventX

CAGiversary!
As the title reads, Kid Icarus Uprising is $29.99 at Best Buy.

Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kid+Ica...8280317&skuId=2856614&st=kid icarus&lp=1&cp=1

I pre-ordered through best buy so I hope I get this price when I pick it up. It would be nice to get the pre-order bonus and the sale price. Hopefully amazon will price match this!

UPDATE FOR THOSE WHO ORDERED ON OR BEFORE 03/23 THROUGH AMAZON:

From Amazon Representative:

"Customers who ordered Kid Icarus on or before 03/23 direct from Amazon will either have the price of their order reduced to $29.99 or will get a refund for the price difference between $29.99 and the price they ordered the game at within 3-5 business days.
Please note that this only applies to orders shipped and sold by Amazon."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gosha']Lets get this back on topic. Is the preorder DLC printed on the receipt? Or is it emailed to you eventually?[/QUOTE]

it's not a preorder anymore. I didn't get anything today.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm starting to think the "I paid what I paid out of pocket people" justify their poor logic because that's how they explain it to their wives so as to not get into trouble.

It really is terrible logic. If you traded in 1000 games at gamestop and got a PS3 in return, you didn't get it for free. In fact, you got a terrible deal.

Terrible logic aside, the reason it bugs so much is because of the confusion it causes because as ponn01 said, it can't be emulated by everyone.[/QUOTE]

but now you analyzing the actual purchase and not just the payment method... which is the current discussion.. I dont care what you buy... if its what you want its what you want.. as long as you say how you arrived at the net price.

Can't believe i got sucked into this.

What you paid for an item is however much (cash or credit card or gift card or gift certificate or store credit) you used on it. That's it. If you want to think of it as how much you paid in CASH, then that's up to you. But that's not how much you paid for it. If you want to fool your wife or fool yourself, cool.

/done

Are people still arguing about this crap. Look ill make it simple. You used digital money to knock down the price of the game. You go home, play the game and be happy ........ THATS IT !

The only game-related thing I literally got for free was an 18-pack of Bubblicious Bubble Gum from an Ooga Booga Dreamcast game giveaway contest 10+ years ago.

[quote name='confoosious']Can't believe i got sucked into this.

What you paid for an item is however much (cash or credit card or gift card or gift certificate or store credit) you used on it. That's it. If you want to think of it as how much you paid in CASH, then that's up to you. But that's not how much you paid for it. If you want to fool your wife or fool yourself, cool.

/done[/QUOTE]

Cash = What I paid for an item. if you want to fool yourself into thinking otherwise, cool.

I'm done too.. sorry for derailing this thread.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Stupidest mentality ever.

A co-worker of mine said she got a PlayStation Vita for only $20!
after trading in 30 Xbox 360 games
[/QUOTE]

Women and their logic :applause::applause:

[quote name='confoosious']it's not a preorder anymore. I didn't get anything today.[/QUOTE]

But if you did preorder it, how do they give you the item?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Are people still arguing about this crap. Look ill make it simple. You used digital money to knock down the price of the game. You go home, play the game and be happy ........ THATS IT ![/QUOTE]
from my experience after the home part we get on the internet, read and then start typing... A LOT!!!

[quote name='sixspeednissan']How convenient the automatic $30 trade in promo won't work for this game now.[/QUOTE]

are you serious? I can see bitching if they dropped it down to $38.99 but they dropped it $10 and you're complaining.

FFS.

I had an $18 gift card from them when they messed up on a bad price and gave compensation. So I picked this up for $14 after tax with free shipping. Jackpot.

I just picked up my pre-order from Gamestop this morning...

I may try redeeming the code for the Classic Kid Icarus, returning the game, and then going to get it from Best Buy though.

I had the same conversation with the wife, except that I used Lockerz and got it for "half off." Luckily she didn't double check that $60 off $300 is not half!

OP here.

Picked up my copy of Kid Icarus this morning at my local best buy.
Price did ring up for $29.99 with no price adjustment needed.
I pre-ordered in store but have no idea how the code for the classic Kid Icarus will be distributed (regret not asking now :cry:) . I do not see any code on the receipt itself. I'm thinking that they will email the code out to my reward zone email. Does anyone know how this works?

^ I think the code was only for pre-orders through Amazon and GS. Amazon will email them after 2 days and the GS ones are printed on the receipt.

[quote name='AdventX']OP here.

Picked up my copy of Kid Icarus this morning at my local best buy.
Price did ring up for $29.99 with no price adjustment needed.
I pre-ordered in store but have no idea how the code for the classic Kid Icarus will be distributed (regret not asking now :cry:) . I do not see any code on the receipt itself. I'm thinking that they will email the code out to my reward zone email. Does anyone know how this works?[/QUOTE]

The code comes via email. That what the pre-order kiosk says at BBY.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']How convenient the automatic $30 trade in promo won't work for this game now.[/QUOTE]

Ask them if they will let you buy Rage with it since they probably want to clear out some extra stock. lol

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^ I think the code was only for pre-orders through Amazon and GS. Amazon will email them after 2 days and the GS ones are printed on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

BB was definitely offering the code. I checked the receipt that I got when I first pre-ordered the game and found more details.

"PRE-ORDER KID ICARUS UPRISING AND GET ACCESS TO 3D CLASSICS KID ICARUS. DOWNLOAD CODE WILL ARRIVE VIA E-MAIL ON OR AROUND RELEASE DATE. VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE DOWNLOAD CODE. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST."

Hoping to receive that email today.

This deal sort of surprised me. Nintendo stuff is very rarely on sale when it first comes out. And their first party games carry full price for a very long time (Skyward Sword deals are also surprising). I pre-ordered from Amazon, got my code this morning and entered it (nice update to the game, btw) and it will get here today thanks to 99 cent release date delivery. The way I see it is between tax, hassle and cost of return shipping and the download code it's all pretty much a push. Everything I've seen tells me I'm going to like the game a lot, I already like the 3D update of the old one, so it's not really bothering me at all.

I will keep it in mind for future Nintendo first party releases. I used to feel confident that I could pre-order and not miss out on some release day deal, but I guess they aren't immune to discounting like they used to be. Lesson learned.

[quote name='defpally']This deal sort of surprised me. Nintendo stuff is very rarely on sale when it first comes out. And their first party games carry full price for a very long time (Skyward Sword deals are also surprising). I pre-ordered from Amazon, got my code this morning and entered it (nice update to the game, btw) and it will get here today thanks to 99 cent release date delivery. The way I see it is between tax, hassle and cost of return shipping and the download code it's all pretty much a push. Everything I've seen tells me I'm going to like the game a lot, I already like the 3D update of the old one, so it's not really bothering me at all.

I will keep it in mind for future Nintendo first party releases. I used to feel confident that I could pre-order and not miss out on some release day deal, but I guess they aren't immune to discounting like they used to be. Lesson learned.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that we're dealing with a Nintendo character that hasn't had his own proper game in 20+ years. I wouldn't expect, say, proper Mario titles to receive the same release-week discount; hell, most proper Mario games hold their value for the life cycle of a console/handheld, or longer. Plus, Kid Icarus - Uprising is getting a lot of mixed reviews b/c of the terrible controls during the on-foot sections. I was actually tempted to get the game at $30, but a lot of the negative review comments stem from the awkward, uncomfortable controls making the gameplay frustrating--quite frankly, the Vita has made me realize that there's no excuse for portable games to suffer from poor controls due to hardware limitations. As much as I love Nintendo's 1st party stuff, this one's going to have to wait for $25 or less b/c of the carpal tunnel-inducing controls.

[quote name='AwRy108']I wouldn't expect, say, proper Mario titles to receive the same release-week discount.[/QUOTE]

Super Mario 3D Land was $29.99 at Fry's on release week.

[quote name='confoosious']I think they're pushing hard for 1st week sales on this one. Kid Icarus isn't the household name that Mario is. Or even Zelda.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, also they probably want to get hardcore people who are on the fence like me who know about the negative controls think. Well, it worked.

I just wonder if this could become standard at retail. Sales are probably being watched pretty closely to see if a heavily marketed game has great numbers due to launch discount.

As someone who has never heard anything about this game before, should I pick it up? I know some people who waited for this game for a while so I assume it's good.

[quote name='AwRy108']Keep in mind that we're dealing with a Nintendo character that hasn't had his own proper game in 20+ years. I wouldn't expect, say, proper Mario titles to receive the same release-week discount; hell, most proper Mario games hold their value for the life cycle of a console/handheld, or longer. Plus, Kid Icarus - Uprising is getting a lot of mixed reviews b/c of the terrible controls during the on-foot sections. I was actually tempted to get the game at $30, but a lot of the negative review comments stem from the awkward, uncomfortable controls making the gameplay frustrating--quite frankly, the Vita has made me realize that there's no excuse for portable games to suffer from poor controls due to hardware limitations. As much as I love Nintendo's 1st party stuff, this one's going to have to wait for $25 or less b/c of the carpal tunnel-inducing controls.[/QUOTE]
uh an 83 on metacritic isn't really mixed.

[quote name='AdventX']VERY happy to find out that the included base works with the Nyko Powerpak+ battery![/QUOTE]

THANK YOU for posting this. I was wondering, and I refuse to use my 3ds without the powerpak

[quote name='Capocci 007']As someone who has never heard anything about this game before, should I pick it up? I know some people who waited for this game for a while so I assume it's good.[/QUOTE]

I've never played the original Kid Icarus but after watching the gameplay videos, I really wanted to get this game. From what I have played, the action is very fun, the graphics are very nice, the settings are varied and there seems to be a lot of content. I have not tried the online multiplayer yet. I can already tell that I will be replaying levels in higher difficulties in order to access different areas.

I've been playing it for about an hour now and the controls really do not seem that bad with the stand. By no means are the controls perfect, but IMO the controls are fine when using the stand. I tried it without the stand and...that's where the problem comes in. Trying to play this game without the stand is very difficult and that is where I can see the hand cramps coming in.

This game really is like star fox and sin and punishment. The air battles have definitely been better and easier to control than the land battles from what I have played so far.

[quote name='confoosious']I hope the controls aren't that big of a pain (literally) with the stand.[/QUOTE]

With the stand its soooo much better. Without it your hands will feel like you just wacked off for an hour straight lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']With the stand its soooo much better. Without it your hands will feel like you just wacked off for an hour straight lol[/QUOTE]

Wait. Playing kid Icarus without the stand chafes my penis?

Right as I was leaving for my lunch break to grab Kid Icarus... I got an email from Best Buy with a $10 gift card for pre-ordering ME3, so I bought Uprising for $20. Feels good.

Just picked mine up. It was free at my best buy. But just for me. And just today.

Can't wait to play this game, carpal tunnel an chafing aside! Thanks op.

This is the message I got from Amazon regarding the price match. He didn't read what i said, it's a cookie cutter response. I asked IF the price match happens will preorders be reimbursed. I also never threatened to never shop there again; which I guess is what he got from it based on his response. Oh well.

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Kid Icarus: Uprising" you recently purchased.

I checked our website and see we still listed "Kid Icarus: Uprising" with a price of $39.99.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. We don't honor prices or savings posted on other websites.

With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you order from us. We would certainly be sorry to lose your business, and do hope you'll consider us for your future shopping needs.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you; this is our policy at this time.

We hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

bread's done
Back