Kid Icarus Uprising $29.99 at Best Buy

AdventX

CAGiversary!
As the title reads, Kid Icarus Uprising is $29.99 at Best Buy.

Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kid+Ica...8280317&skuId=2856614&st=kid icarus&lp=1&cp=1

I pre-ordered through best buy so I hope I get this price when I pick it up. It would be nice to get the pre-order bonus and the sale price. Hopefully amazon will price match this!

UPDATE FOR THOSE WHO ORDERED ON OR BEFORE 03/23 THROUGH AMAZON:

From Amazon Representative:

"Customers who ordered Kid Icarus on or before 03/23 direct from Amazon will either have the price of their order reduced to $29.99 or will get a refund for the price difference between $29.99 and the price they ordered the game at within 3-5 business days.
Please note that this only applies to orders shipped and sold by Amazon."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheFirst109']Okay I didn't know this and after taking your suggestion I changed the controls to have my reticle be controlled by the ABXY buttons and wow what a difference. I'm having zero issues in ground combat now and blew through a board and actually enjoyed it because I wasn't spending my time looking at the screen to turn my camera.

By switching to the AXBY buttons controlling the reticle it also moves the camera for you pretty intuitively. Thanks so much for the tip! That's all I needed to love this game again hah[/QUOTE]

Probably start with as default so thanks for the tip.

[quote name='kevgret']So anyone who preordered gets it $29.99 AND we get the original in 3D plus no tax?

Amazon = winner[/QUOTE]

$29.99? No, i had $30 in amazon credit so I got it for free. :roll:

I knew Amazon would punish me for straying. I should've kept my preorder. You win again Amazon!

[quote name='confoosious']$29.99? No, i had $30 in amazon credit so I got it for free. :roll:

I knew Amazon would punish me for straying. I should've kept my preorder. You win again Amazon![/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me.. I did have amazon credit... and it was FREE!!

[quote name='kevgret']So anyone who preordered gets it $29.99 AND we get the original in 3D plus no tax?

Amazon = winner[/QUOTE]

amazon do charge tax for some state.

amazon has it for $30 as well. Does anyone know if it was ropped to $29.99 BEFORE release date for pre-order price guarantee? or did it wait til today to go $30? My g/f got it for me for my birthday coming up but I want to make sure she didnt get screwed $10, cuz if so, I'll have to use my powers of email and get AMazon to give me a $10 credit at least as I often do. Since that'd be messed up otherwise. ill have to see what she got billed yesterday.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']amazon has it for $30 as well. Does anyone know if it was ropped to $29.99 BEFORE release date for pre-order price guarantee? or did it wait til today to go $30? My g/f got it for me for my birthday coming up but I want to make sure she didnt get screwed $10, cuz if so, I'll have to use my powers of email and get AMazon to give me a $10 credit at least as I often do. Since that'd be messed up otherwise. ill have to see what she got billed yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Did you read the last two pages? :p Amazon is issuing a $10 refund for all pre-orders. And you might want to back off on the e-mails, wouldn't want to risk getting banned.

[quote name='wantedman728']Newbie question so if I order this right with in store pick up it will be reserved for me and all i do is pick it up tomorrow? Please help[/QUOTE]

yup just order and pick up

[quote name='wantedman728']Newbie question so if I order this right with in store pick up it will be reserved for me and all i do is pick it up tomorrow? Please help[/QUOTE]

Not unless the dipshits don't pull the order by the time the store opens or even right after and a few people rolling around the store purchase it before they can pull the order. This is all assuming the stock is real low, it can sell out, I know it's happened but I think you shouldn't have a problem picking it up tomorrow.

[quote name='xenophreak']I pre-ordered from Best-Buy.com and it should be arriving soon.
Anyone know if I can price-match?[/QUOTE]

Just call them and they'll do it. They don't usually match (refund) any difference in sales tax, and seem oblivious as to what you mean when you ask. I usually just give up after complaining about it if they won't do it.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but did Amazon make a formal announcement that they'll refund $10 or do we have to request it?

[quote name='prateeko']I'm sure this has been asked before, but did Amazon make a formal announcement that they'll refund $10 or do we have to request it?[/QUOTE]

It was a formal announcement, and you get the refund if you had preordered it. I emailed them before they even announced it and they said since the price difference was so drastic they issued me a price match.

[quote name='TheFirst109']It was a formal announcement, and you get the refund if you had preordered it. I emailed them before they even announced it and they said since the price difference was so drastic they issued me a price match.[/QUOTE]

I preordered it and didn't get any email from them... Should I get in touch with them?

[quote name='prateeko']I preordered it and didn't get any email from them... Should I get in touch with them?[/QUOTE]

It's says within 3-5 days, so I am going to wait until early next week.

[quote name='Gourd']I was just going to post this.

This post by an Amazon Mod states that those who preordered from Amazon will get a price adjustment in 3 to 5 business days.[/QUOTE]

Just got my confirmation e-mail! :D

I

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']WTF.. i placed an order (I have a prime acct) and my expected delivery date is MAY 4th?[/QUOTE]

Did you zoom through all of the stuff instead of reading through everything? You had to select store pickup.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Did you zoom through all of the stuff instead of reading through everything? You had to select store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Where are the amazon stores located to do the pickup?

[quote name='caltab']Picked this up today and played it for a while. I am sorry, but the controls in this game are absolutely terrible. It should never have been released with such unimaginably horrid controls. It's incredibly ackward to hold the ds while trying to control this mess. The stand may help but I have no interest in having to put my ds on a stand and sit at a table to play a handheld. Maybe there's a good game underneath, but I personally cannot get past the controls to find it.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo might do an update if there are enough complaints.

[quote name='sabanoo']Where are the amazon stores located to do the pickup?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but when was Amazon part of a thread about a Best Buy deal?

[quote name='GBAstar']WTF.. i placed an order (I have a prime acct) and my expected delivery date is MAY 4th?[/QUOTE]
3ds First print runs. Re revelations, tales of abyss, mk7, super Mario 3d were all like this from amazon.

Just got this message from Amazon:

[quote name='Amazon']Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $10.00 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Price on order date: $39.99
Price charged at shipping: $39.99
Lowest price before release date: $29.99
Amount to be refunded: $10.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $10.00
[/QUOTE]

I was in the middle of chatting with a CSR when the email was sent and he noted that he saw an email regarding the Price Match Guarantee being sent this morning, I checked and low and behold it was there!

just got the refund email; I didn't request it, but thank you to all that made requests and caused a stink with Amazon - you just earned me $10.

I saw this yesterday while IN LINE at Gamestop to pick up my reserve. But I wanted the classic Kid Icarus so I just bought it (had credit anyway). Drove up the street to Best Buy used my $30 in reward certs. Then went home and put the classic code in my 3ds and downloaded it and then went back to gamestop to return it. Done!!!

BTW This game is awesome. That stupid stand it comes with is worthless though.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I'm sorry, but when was Amazon part of a thread about a Best Buy deal?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious... You chastise someone for what you think is not reading the thread and you show that you have... not read the thread. Brilliant.

Wow, that's awesome of Amazon to do. I've saved a total of $22 bucks with buying from them, AND getting the 3D classic.

-$2 from the gold box deal
-$10 from the Amazon local deal (i bought a card, and a family member bought me one)
and now -$10 from this price adjustment.

Since my birthday was yesterday, I will treat this as a birthday gift from Amazon. ^.^

I haven't been on the site in a few days, so the email from Amazon was a nice little surprise. :D So between this $10 price match, the $10 gift card for $5, and no tax and free shipping, I'll happily take a first-party Nintendo game on release day and its preorder bonus for $25.

Hmm, for once Best Buy inadvertently caused me a good shopping experience. Amazon just gave me the best preorder deal I've ever had (second only to the Zelda bonus disc for WW)

Amazon has sold out of Kid Icarus (They really seem to hate the 3DS...) So anyone wanting the $29.99 price indeed has to stick with Best Buy now.

bread's done
Back