Kid Icarus Uprising $29.99 at Best Buy

AdventX

CAGiversary!
As the title reads, Kid Icarus Uprising is $29.99 at Best Buy.

Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kid+Ica...8280317&skuId=2856614&st=kid icarus&lp=1&cp=1

I pre-ordered through best buy so I hope I get this price when I pick it up. It would be nice to get the pre-order bonus and the sale price. Hopefully amazon will price match this!

UPDATE FOR THOSE WHO ORDERED ON OR BEFORE 03/23 THROUGH AMAZON:

From Amazon Representative:

"Customers who ordered Kid Icarus on or before 03/23 direct from Amazon will either have the price of their order reduced to $29.99 or will get a refund for the price difference between $29.99 and the price they ordered the game at within 3-5 business days.
Please note that this only applies to orders shipped and sold by Amazon."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Just picked mine up. It was free at my best buy. But just for me. And just today.

Can't wait to play this game, carpal tunnel an chafing aside! Thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Lol

[quote name='Slick44912']This is the message I got from Amazon regarding the price match. He didn't read what i said, it's a cookie cutter response. [/QUOTE]

Well, it really doesn't fall under their policy. If they had matched the price before it shipped then it would count. If they already shipped it to you then it's too late.

[quote name='Chesskid1']www.amazon.com/Kid-Icarus-Uprising-nintendo-3ds/dp/B002I0EMBI/

please go here (scroll down a bit) and click on report a lower price under product details!

thanks![/QUOTE]

Thank you, I was going to ask how to report a lower price.

Here's to hoping for a price adjustment on my preorder.

Wonder if Amazon will just say that since preorders came with a free DL code for the 3D classics game worth 10 bucks that it's the same though...

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Well, it really doesn't fall under their policy. If they had matched the price before it shipped then it would count. If they already shipped it to you then it's too late.[/QUOTE]

I know that's why I'm not really upset about it. They didn't even lower the price themselves yet. What I was saying was IF the price is lowered then I would want reimbursement; if it happens in the next day or so, obviously not if it happens next month or something. If the price drops technically I could return and rebuy with amazon but why do that? Just give me the adjustment. If I bought it at a B&M store and the price drops within a week or so the store 9 times out of 10 will adjust it for you.

I understand amazon isn't b&m and they have various benefits like no tax and stuff. I love amazon. I shop there almost exclusively. I was just posting to help others out who might be in the same boat and were wondering about that.

So there it is...

[quote name='Slick44912']I know that's why I'm not really upset about it. They didn't even lower the price themselves yet. What I was saying was IF the price is lowered then I would want reimbursement; if it happens in the next day or so, obviously not if it happens next month or something. If the price drops technically I could return and rebuy with amazon but why do that? Just give me the adjustment. If I bought it at a B&M store and the price drops within a week or so the store 9 times out of 10 will adjust it for you.

I understand amazon isn't b&m and they have various benefits like no tax and stuff. I love amazon. I shop there almost exclusively. I was just posting to help others out who might be in the same boat and were wondering about that.

So there it is...[/QUOTE]

It'd cost you $5 to ship it back. So why bother.

YMMV, but they let me do the $30 trade in promo with the purchase of this game. I guess since the price on the shelf was $39.99 the employee didn't know any better.

id say if you're gonna try to get money from amazon, tell them you want a return because you found a lower price (bluff) and it'll cost them money to ship it back, so maybe they'll give you something. just a thought.

[quote name='Chesskid1']id say if you're gonna try to get money from amazon, tell them you want a return because you found a lower price (bluff) and it'll cost them money to ship it back, so maybe they'll give you something. just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Is everyone getting return shipping for free except me?

It always cost me money to ship back to amazon if I change my mind.

[quote name='confoosious']Is everyone getting return shipping for free except me?

It always cost me money to ship back to amazon if I change my mind.[/QUOTE]

I always get free return shipping. I'm a prime member if that has anything to do with it. And I shop there a LOT. Between me and my sister we both did all our christmas shopping on my account this year and they got about $5,000 just from us. Just for christmas. We have a very big family. Although I've never returned something because of a mistake on my part or a misorder.

Even if I didn't get free shipping I'd still send it back out of principal. If i only get a $5 discount because of it then I only get $5. Still better than nothing.

Like I said though I'm not upset with amazon and have no intent of returning it. But IF there's a price reduction in the next day or so you can be damn sure I'm getting a reduction or it's going back and I'll buy it elsewhere. That doesn't mean I'm done with Amazon though. I'm just trying to get the lowest price for the game. If they don't adjust a $10 drop on a game I bought within 48 hours of the drop that's BS - and I'll complain to whoever I have to at that website until it gets straightened out. I'm a customer there, a loyal one too, I pay them money, a lot of it. If they want to keep me as a customer they'll treat me fairly or that's that. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable. I didn't buy the game 6 months ago, play it, lose the case, then ask for a price adjustment when it's on clearance.

This is all hypothetical anyway since amazon hasn't dropped the price yet. They might not even drop it. Who knows. As of right now I'm happy with my purchase and with amazon. IF there's a drop on amazon then that all depends on whether they adjust the price of my preorder or not.

We're all getting off track though. This is why I only post if there's a deal I know of that hasn't been mentioned yet. I don't like getting sucked into these things. No offense to you or anyone else at all. I just feel like this should all be kept to a minimum so people can find deals or information about deals easier. I had to sift through 3 or 4 pages of "If you use a gift card or credit then it doesn't count as a deal" arguments before I found anything regarding the actual deal for this thread. I had some actual info, albeit small, about the deal so I posted it to help out.

I just got back from getting my copy. I originally went to the closest Best Buy but I couldn't find it stocked anywhere. I asked an employee and they checked their computer and it said there were 17 in stock, so he checked the warehouse. After about 15 minutes he comes back saying that he can't find them. Luckily there was another Best Buy about 10 minutes away so I went there and had no problems finding a copy. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Slick44912']I always get free return shipping. I'm a prime member if that has anything to do with it. And I shop there a LOT. Between me and my sister we both did all our christmas shopping on my account this year and they got about $5,000 just from us. Just for christmas. We have a very big family. Although I've never returned something because of a mistake on my part or a misorder.
[/QUOTE]

Right. If it's a mistake on amazon's part, of course they pay for shipping. I'm talking about when you just change your mind. to me, the cost to return it keeps me from changing my mind a lot.

For anyone who bought Mass Effect 3 from Best Buy, just got my $20 gift card email today, can use it with this to get it for $9.99.... I totally forgot about the gift card until it showed up today.

[quote name='junghu']I just contacted amazon and they adjusted my order to $29.99!!!![/QUOTE]

Lucky. The would not adjust the price for me... Looks like I'll buy my copy at Best Buy and return it to Amazon. I know it is only a couple of bucks difference when you figure in tax and Amazon's return shipping fee, but screw it.

[quote name='Hiro0015']Lucky. The would not adjust the price for me... Looks like I'll buy my copy at Best Buy and return it to Amazon. I know it is only a couple of bucks difference when you figure in tax and Amazon's return shipping fee, but screw it.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you also be docked the cost of the Kid Icarus code? And of course then I believe you'd be out the KI 3D classic game as well, no? I'm thinking of just saying "screw it" as it would break even with the return cost of shipping and the docked cost of the promo code.

[quote name='BlurredReality']For anyone who bought Mass Effect 3 from Best Buy, just got my $20 gift card email today, can use it with this to get it for $9.99.... I totally forgot about the gift card until it showed up today.[/QUOTE]

I also got my gift card email today...right after I got home from Best Buy after picking up Kid Icarus. Just my luck. Well, no biggie, I'm sure I'll be buying something else from there soon.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I was able to get the game for $29.99 in-store without even having to price match the website or anything.

[quote name='junghu']I just contacted amazon and they adjusted my order to $29.99!!!![/QUOTE]

They did the same for me, but it took 3 tries using their Live Chat service. The inconsistency of their customer service reps is pretty amusing, but luckily, the lax ones make stuff like this possible.

Anyway, the first one told me that they didn't price match at all. The second said they price matched only for TVs. The third one handled it no sweat -- as a "one-time exception" -- and processed a partial refund for me.

[quote name='abilyk']They did the same for me, but it took 3 tries using their Live Chat service. The inconsistency of their customer service reps is pretty amusing, but luckily, the lax ones make stuff like this possible.

Anyway, the first one told me that they didn't price match at all. The second said they price matched only for TVs. The third one handled it no sweat -- as a "one-time exception" -- and processed a partial refund for me.[/QUOTE]

and you put your account at risk of banning for contacting numerous cs just to get the result you want

so the AR cards
6 card from game
3 from Nintendo club
1 glued to Kid icarus ad from this months gamer informer

from game (Pit,Palutena,Medusa,DarkLord Gaol, Fortune Bow, stackjaw,)
from CN (I assume everyone will gt the same)
from ad insert (Power of flight)

Did everyone get the same cards I did, including the power of flight?

[quote name='confoosious']Right. If it's a mistake on amazon's part, of course they pay for shipping. I'm talking about when you just change your mind. to me, the cost to return it keeps me from changing my mind a lot.[/QUOTE]

I get free return shipping by choosing the options that deflect the reason away from me. Like, the shipment arrived late or item was not as described, even if it's bending the truth ;)

[quote name='SKEETER']I get free return shipping by choosing the options that deflect the reason away from me. Like, the shipment arrived late or item was not as described, even if it's bending the truth ;)[/QUOTE]

I would rather pay for returning shipping than face the chance of getting ban by abusing their reutrn policy.

[quote name='Gosha']Lets get this back on topic. Is the preorder DLC printed on the receipt? Or is it emailed to you eventually?[/QUOTE]

I just picked up my preordered copy form Gamestop and the code is indeed printed on the Gamestop receipt. So, if you didn't preorder the game, you do not get the "3D Classics Kid Icarus" for free. The 3D Classics Kid Icarus is not even in the Nintendo 3DS E-Shop yet, so it'll probably be released in acouple of weeks or so if not sooner. So far, the 3D Classics version is pretty fun. It brings back a lot of memories. Knowing Nintendo, it's probably going to retail for $6.99 in the 3DS E-Shop, just like "3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure" is priced at.

I'll play Kid Icarus Uprising once I've completed the original and then the old GameBoy title "Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters". I'm so glad I still have an original GameBoy Advance with an Afterburner Kit installed.

[quote name='62t']I would rather pay for returning shipping than face the chance of getting ban by abusing their reutrn policy.[/QUOTE]

yeah, especially since over returns is their number 1 reason for banning people.

Are the AR cards gonna be sold as booster packs? I've got a bit more work to do then it's Kid Icarus time!

[quote name='nixmahn']so the AR cards
6 card from game
3 from Nintendo club
1 glued to Kid icarus ad from this months gamer informer

from game (Pit,Palutena,Medusa,DarkLord Gaol, Fortune Bow, stackjaw,)
from CN (I assume everyone will gt the same)
from ad insert (Power of flight)

Did everyone get the same cards I did, including the power of flight?[/QUOTE]
The 6 cards that come with the game are different...there are 20 different cards that they pack with it (though everyone gets Pit, so the other 5 cards are of the 19 others). The Club Nintendo, Nintendo Power, @Gamer, and Game Informer cards will be all the same cards for everyone. joystiq posted that all gamestop stores will host an instore event that will have a pack of 5 cards which will be all the same for everyone but will be different from the ones available in those magazines. Someone also said that the strategy guide will come with some too though i have heard much about them. The official kid icarus side lists what cards come in each of all these things. http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/where-to-find-arcards.html

Picked this up today and played it for a while. I am sorry, but the controls in this game are absolutely terrible. It should never have been released with such unimaginably horrid controls. It's incredibly ackward to hold the ds while trying to control this mess. The stand may help but I have no interest in having to put my ds on a stand and sit at a table to play a handheld. Maybe there's a good game underneath, but I personally cannot get past the controls to find it.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, especially since over returns is their number 1 reason for banning people.

Are the AR cards gonna be sold as booster packs? I've got a bit more work to do then it's Kid Icarus time![/QUOTE]
i've never understood the importance of amazon banning. Can't you just make another account?

Glad it's just not me who is disappointed. I can handle the flying parts with no problem, but the ground action is probably one of the worst things I've ever had to do in a video game that I can remember. It's beyond awkward, and the controls just plain suck ass. I'm trying to be kind to it right now because I've only had it for six hours but my god...

[quote name='TheFirst109']Glad it's just not me who is disappointed. I can handle the flying parts with no problem, but the ground action is probably one of the worst things I've ever had to do in a video game that I can remember. It's beyond awkward, and the controls just plain suck ass. I'm trying to be kind to it right now because I've only had it for six hours but my god...[/QUOTE]

idk if its just me but i like the ground parts a lot better

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']idk if its just me but i like the ground parts a lot better[/QUOTE]

I dont like either part, but I find the ground to be far worse.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i've never understood the importance of amazon banning. Can't you just make another account?[/QUOTE]

they ip and home address ban. So any account made with billing address set at a banned address will automatically be closed. Also any person that signs in at your computer will automatically be banned as well, doesnt matter if they dont live with you.

[quote name='caltab']I not like either part, but I find the ground to be far worse.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's just ridiculously tedious having to use the stylus to aim AND turn the camera which is in my mind the worst part of ground combat. Would be great if I could have used the circle pad to control my reticule but I guess they thought this stand was the better option? lol

Flying I have zero problems maneuvering while firing it's actually rather easy for me, almost makes me wish the whole game was just focused on that lol. Maybe I will get used to the camera control via the stylus, but I don't see this game holding my attention like I thought it would.

[quote name='62t']I would rather pay for returning shipping than face the chance of getting ban by abusing their reutrn policy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, especially since over returns is their number 1 reason for banning people...![/QUOTE]

I don't abuse the policy by doing it repeatedly but in certain situations, maybe such as this one if I "changed my mind", I would. I'm not telling anyone to abuse anything or to do anything they disagree with. The question was asked about how to get free return shipping and I gave my answer...it may not be the best answer but nobody's perfect.

I'm not having a problem, and I love the stand! I was using it for Mario Kart for a bit and it's fantastic.

You do have the option to turn off stylus controls -- it would take practice to get used to it, but it's possible.

[quote name='edson13']they ip and home address ban. So any account made with billing address set at a banned address will automatically be closed. Also any person that signs in at your computer will automatically be banned as well, doesnt matter if they dont live with you.[/QUOTE]

I may end up returning this and getting at BB or Target with B2G1. I've returned several items this year already but most I paid for shipping. I wonder what they consider return abuse.

[quote name='jayntampa']I'm not having a problem, and I love the stand! I was using it for Mario Kart for a bit and it's fantastic.

You do have the option to turn off stylus controls -- it would take practice to get used to it, but it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Where do you put the stand? Do you like sit at a desk or kitchen table and play? I play handhelds on the sofa and don't see my self playing at a table.

I just push my keyboard back at my computer desk - it's the perfect height to play comfortably.

Trust me, I'm not saying the stand is the best option for everyone - it just works well for me. I'm not sure how I'd play the game without it :/ I do have the Circle Pad Pro, and I wish it was fully compatible. If I were Nintendo, I would have held it back for that.

However, all that being said, if you can find a place to properly set it up, it's a pretty nice experience. I used to kind of tilt my hands while driving in Mario Kart, and this solved that little issue :p

[quote name='caltab']Picked this up today and played it for a while. I am sorry, but the controls in this game are absolutely terrible. It should never have been released with such unimaginably horrid controls. It's incredibly ackward to hold the ds while trying to control this mess. The stand may help but I have no interest in having to put my ds on a stand and sit at a table to play a handheld. Maybe there's a good game underneath, but I personally cannot get past the controls to find it.[/QUOTE]

Your breakin' my heart. I figured this would be the perfect game for me with the limited time I have and it's seemingly endless number of achievements and unlockables. I haven't had time to play it yet but hope I have a different experience since I broke down and bought it.

The big question I have is would it be possible to patch for dual stick support with circle pad pro? I've always admired the polished quality of Nintendo games but it sounds like this one is fundamentally broken with an obvious if costly solution.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Your breakin' my heart. I figured this would be the perfect game for me with the limited time I have and it's seemingly endless number of achievements and unlockables. I haven't had time to play it yet but hope I have a different experience since I broke down and bought it.

The big question I have is would it be possible to patch for dual stick support with circle pad pro? I've always admired the polished quality of Nintendo games but it sounds like this one is fundamentally broken with an obvious if costly solution.[/QUOTE]

The controls are semi broken. How can a first party nintendo studio not take advantage of one of their publishers own products ? The extra analog is a must for this game as the ground battles can be a pain in the ass. Hope a patch is made soon

[quote name='jayntampa']I'm not having a problem, and I love the stand! I was using it for Mario Kart for a bit and it's fantastic.

You do have the option to turn off stylus controls -- it would take practice to get used to it, but it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Okay I didn't know this and after taking your suggestion I changed the controls to have my reticle be controlled by the ABXY buttons and wow what a difference. I'm having zero issues in ground combat now and blew through a board and actually enjoyed it because I wasn't spending my time looking at the screen to turn my camera.

By switching to the AXBY buttons controlling the reticle it also moves the camera for you pretty intuitively. Thanks so much for the tip! That's all I needed to love this game again hah

[quote name='caltab']Picked this up today and played it for a while. I am sorry, but the controls in this game are absolutely terrible. It should never have been released with such unimaginably horrid controls. It's incredibly ackward to hold the ds while trying to control this mess. The stand may help but I have no interest in having to put my ds on a stand and sit at a table to play a handheld. Maybe there's a good game underneath, but I personally cannot get past the controls to find it.[/QUOTE]

I understand the criticism about the controls but after playing a couple levels, your hand will get acclimated to it. And that's saying a lot for me as I have above average sized mitts and holding the 3DS by itself can get a bit uncomfortable.

If and when the circle pad gets implemented properly into the game, then the game would pretty much be a must-play.

bread's done
Back