Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

Yeah I think winning team gave you x1.5 or something like that. Obviously a kill on the Asassination target, Satchel plant, and propaganda speaker thing are worth 5-10 points each. Mabe even 20 for one of em. Cant really remember, since I wasn't really playing it that much.

[quote name='seanr1221']If you set it up wirelessly, it will act like a typical bluetooth headset.

If you sync it using the USB cord, you can display the battery life on the screen, prompts appear when you mute/change volume, and apparently some games will make your voice come through clearer.[/quote]
Did this last night, I love it!

Talked to my friend who was using his own HQ mic.
We did A/B tests and wow, WAY cleaner sound. His voice is very accurate, and background noise was just about nil.

Now only if everyone had them....

Oh, and onboard volume and mute buttons convenient, of course.

I have a dumb question here...

I pre-ordered at GS (using a gift card, not my own money mind you) so I could get the demo. I got the demo card and input the code but it said it was not valid or incorrect. I know the demo starts on 02/05, but we can't even download it early? The hell? Is there something I'm missing here? Have people been playing the demo all this time but I'm getting the shaft? Thanks for the help in advance.

So what do you think Dallow, should I go through with my plan with the Logitech headset or is the official blu-tooth so good that I should go with that instead?

[quote name='Pck21']I have a dumb question here...

I pre-ordered at GS (using a gift card, not my own money mind you) so I could get the demo. I got the demo card and input the code but it said it was not valid or incorrect. I know the demo starts on 02/05, but we can't even download it early? The hell? Is there something I'm missing here? Have people been playing the demo all this time but I'm getting the shaft? Thanks for the help in advance.[/quote]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5394705&postcount=744

[quote name='Maklershed']So what do you think Dallow, should I go through with my plan with the Logitech headset or is the official blu-tooth so good that I should go with that instead?[/quote]
I like the HQ because you know that when you speak, everyone should hear you clearly.
If more people have it, the better it'll be as I'll be able to make them out. It was night and day.

That USB headset will probably be better than your Warhawk one, but I just can't stand wires.

I think the official one is worth it for the mute, volume, and on-screen indicators alone.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']What do you mean by the "propaganda speaker"?[/quote]

One of the game modes involves acquiring and carrying a "propaganda speaker" across the map back to your base.

I've got a bunch of BT headsets laying around:

Motorola S9
Motorola H680
GE somethingotother
Motorola H375

I use the H375 for PSN gaming.

I won't need the official BT, right?

Yeah, if you're going to get the Sony headset, definitely buy the SOCOM bundle. SOCOM is a good game, despite what you may have heard. I'm a total SOCOM n00b but I still enjoy it a lot.

The Sony headset is the only way to go for PS3 gaming. The big mute button on the side is absolutely genius. Now when my girlfriend comes in to tell me about something cute that our cats are doing I can mute and talk to her instead of ignoring her. I think it's saved our relationship, frankly. LOL

[quote name='mykevermin']Tried hooking up a motorola H500 the hq way, but it didn't seem to work.

bollocks.[/quote]

I think you're confused.. only the official BT headset does the HQ setting.

Anyone know if gamestop is doing a midnight launch? Since it comes out on a friday and amazon isnt doing RDD, I'd rather buy it at a store. I work nights so I can swing by on my way home and get it at midnight at gamestop then

[quote name='KongaKing']Anyone know if gamestop is doing a midnight launch? Since it comes out on a friday and amazon isnt doing RDD, I'd rather buy it at a store. I work nights so I can swing by on my way home and get it at midnight at gamestop then[/quote]

I would bet they do, but I dunno if anything has been announced.

GS hates PS3. I doubt they will have a Midnight launch. Best bet is to hit up Walmart or whatever other 24hr stores you got around

They'll probably have a Midnight Launch. It's a pretty big release as far as the PS3 goes, and it's definitely going to pull in better numbers than LBP :(

Question (sorry if has been asked/answered before):
I know that the US Demo is only available with Gamestop pre-orders and I heard that the European Demo is just going to be released to the public without pre-order. My question is do we know when it is going to be released in Europe? I am assuming that is you have a European account on your PS3 you could just download the demo that way. Thanks.

[quote name='NJMane']Question (sorry if has been asked/answered before):
I know that the US Demo is only available with Gamestop pre-orders and I heard that the European Demo is just going to be released to the public without pre-order. My question is do we know when it is going to be released in Europe? I am assuming that is you have a European account on your PS3 you could just download the demo that way. Thanks.[/quote]

America gets the demo one day before the game comes out.

[quote name='drobaby']this game will rock... i wonder who is not getting it.lol[/quote]
Anyone who can't afford to ;)

hopefully I won't be in that boat when it rolls out :/

hmm...posted yet?

http://blog.360magazine.co.uk/uncategorized/competition-check-killzone-edition/

Naturally, I asked for it to be put on, and twenty minutes of beautiful, gritty, heavy gunplay later, I’m back to post my impressions. It’s good. Really good in fact. this is the genre that has belonged to the 360 since its inception, but it finally looks like Sony has an Ace in its deck. Visually, Killzone 2 is quite something - besting even Gears 2 in the motion-blurred grey battleground stakes, and the weight and purpose of everyting from the weapons to the characters is somethign to behold. Most importantly, though, it’s really satisfying to play. The enemy AI, coupled with a well implemented cover system (unusual for an FPS) means Killzone 2’s skirmishes are uniquely challenging and gratifyingly meaty.

2dsq0j6.png

[quote name='screamokid4life']Guys could I go pre order it from gamestop and get the demo card then cancel my pre order and get the $5 back?[/QUOTE]

No.

Just transfer the credit to something else you want.
Actually, just download the demo from the UK store when it's out.

[quote name='dallow']Just transfer the credit to something else you want.
Actually, just download the demo from the UK store when it's out.[/quote]

Yep, you can transfer. I was able to cancel something before so I don't know if they changed the rules or not.

Just showed up in my goldbox for 54.14, I think im going to bite. This is my first ever pre-order, so I'm really hoping I'm not let down.

don't worry edson, the goldbox will always do right by you
besides this game looks way too kick ass to disappoint
preliminary reviews are all over 9/10

you can preorder from gamestop online. Just cancel the order after they send you the code in email on Feb 2nd. They don't require you to put a $5 down on online preorders.

bread's done
Back