Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

wow nevermind I think Ebay is killing the sale of Beta codes. Some made it through full auction but none are on there now I just searched myself. The only way they'll let the auction go through is if you state you'll be mailing the actual piece of paper with the code on it. They did this with Little Big Planet 2 Beta codes and Killzone 3 also.. sorry man

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']wow nevermind I think Ebay is killing the sale of Beta codes. Some made it through full auction but none are on there now I just searched myself. The only way they'll let the auction go through is if you state you'll be mailing the actual piece of paper with the code on it. They did this with Little Big Planet 2 Beta codes and Killzone 3 also.. sorry man[/QUOTE]

Oh, no its all good. Hopefully I can just gameshare my DL with my cousin since it was for him.
Sadly, main reason I ended up buying KZ3 was to get the access to S4.

[quote name='Brainberry']Oh, no its all good. Hopefully I can just gameshare my DL with my cousin since it was for him.
Sadly, main reason I ended up buying KZ3 was to get the access to S4.[/QUOTE]

check yer pm

I might be willing to sell my beta code. PM me an offer.

Also just beat the campaign. I personally really enjoyed it. Not sure why reviewers hate it so much.

[quote name='whoknows']I might be willing to sell my beta code. PM me an offer.

Also just beat the campaign. I personally really enjoyed it. Not sure why reviewers hate it so much.[/QUOTE]

duh, because Bungie paid them. That's why game reviewers are all super rich

[quote name='Brainberry']Oh, no its all good. Hopefully I can just gameshare my DL with my cousin since it was for him.
Sadly, main reason I ended up buying KZ3 was to get the access to S4.[/QUOTE]
If they do this one like they did the Killzone 3 beta.. they set it to where if you logged in on another system under your info to play.. you couldn't play onit on another system or your original system for 24 hours.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Hey to any of you who got the Jetpack code for Playstation home.. how do you put it on? I can't find it anywhere after I downloaded it[/QUOTE]
anybody help?

Jetpacks are cool and all, but being killed cross map by someone with one is pretty lame, since they are so accurate and deadly. I am having fun with the game, but it needs to be tweaked a lil bit. Played a bit of campaign, seems fun, but

The scene in the first level where you're escaping and its done via cutscene, I think that coulda been much cooler to PLAY, not watch :(

I'm just referring to how to outfit the Playstation home character with the jetpack .. I don't ever use Home but hell I got the code i wanna use it

The graphics in this game aren't nearly as good as they were hyped to be by reviewers out there. There's too many jaggies, and at 720p it kinda looks like azz. The shadowing almost has a grainy appearance to it, this causes hair on the characters for instance to look pixelated. Clearly the Unreal 3 Engine they used is showing it's age more now than ever.

In an interview with Herman Hulst (co-founder) before the game was released, he was quoted as saying:

“After about two months of vigorous surveying, we came to the conclusion that graphics are mutually exclusive from fun gameplay. You cannot have a fun game with good graphics, and unfortunately, our previous creation fell in that pit. Killzone 3 will have bad graphics."

He admitted Killzone 3 could only be compared to the first game in the series graphically, but as a result; frame rate and gameplay will reign supreme.

That being said, the controls are indeed nice and responsive. The game play is fun, albeit with a half baked story behind it. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet, so I can't yet make a judgment on that. Here's hoping we get our moneys worth, because the eye candy sure isn't cutting it.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I'm just referring to how to outfit the Playstation home character with the jetpack .. I don't ever use Home but hell I got the code i wanna use it[/QUOTE]
It's not there when you go to change your outift/wardrobe in Home? I haven't redeemed mine since I plan to sell it (along with the slurpee costumes) on eBay eventually.

[quote name='drbutchevil']
The scene in the first level where you're escaping and its done via cutscene, I think that coulda been much cooler to PLAY, not watch :(
[/QUOTE]
Agreed- and what was up with the sound?! The game sounded so rich, loud and bass-y for the first few scenes. Then that cutscene went to 2.1 or something. I started playing with my remote to see if something was wrong.

[quote name='raistlin']In an interview with Herman Hulst (co-founder) before the game was released, he was quoted as saying:

“After about two months of vigorous surveying, we came to the conclusion that graphics are mutually exclusive from fun gameplay. You cannot have a fun game with good graphics, and unfortunately, our previous creation fell in that pit. Killzone 3 will have bad graphics."[/QUOTE]

no founder would ever say their game will have bad graphics. link to the actual article please.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is anyone's game freezing? I've had my game freeze up twice last night in under an hour of playing, forcing me to restart the system.[/QUOTE]

My system froze while loading the next match last night. Screen just went black and I thought it was just because it was about to start but my PS3 wouldn't even respond to the PS button. So far this has been the only time but I've got maybe 1.5 hrs playtime.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is anyone's game freezing? I've had my game freeze up twice last night in under an hour of playing, forcing me to restart the system.[/QUOTE]
Nothing yet but I've only played the SP.
The combo of the Move and Sharpshooter is a blast!

[quote name='raistlin']The graphics in this game aren't nearly as good as they were hyped to be by reviewers out there. There's too many jaggies, and at 720p it kinda looks like azz. The shadowing almost has a grainy appearance to it, this causes hair on the characters for instance to look pixelated. Clearly the Unreal 3 Engine they used is showing it's age more now than ever.

In an interview with Herman Hulst (co-founder) before the game was released, he was quoted as saying:

“After about two months of vigorous surveying, we came to the conclusion that graphics are mutually exclusive from fun gameplay. You cannot have a fun game with good graphics, and unfortunately, our previous creation fell in that pit. Killzone 3 will have bad graphics."

He admitted Killzone 3 could only be compared to the first game in the series graphically, but as a result; frame rate and gameplay will reign supreme.

That being said, the controls are indeed nice and responsive. The game play is fun, albeit with a half baked story behind it. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet, so I can't yet make a judgment on that. Here's hoping we get our moneys worth, because the eye candy sure isn't cutting it.[/QUOTE]

Get a better TV, because this game is one of the best looking games ever made...arguably #1 in all of FPS. If you see jaggies that bad, your tv's scaler is crap, sorry. It is also smooth, streamlined and more hollywood than cod and with all the fun of kz2 in it.

[quote name='woodcan']My system froze while loading the next match last night. Screen just went black and I thought it was just because it was about to start but my PS3 wouldn't even respond to the PS button. So far this has been the only time but I've got maybe 1.5 hrs playtime.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I'm curious if the freezing has been common or not. Both the freezes came during MP sessions, and not even inbetween matches.

ive played at least 50 games, probably more. so far, i had 3 freezes/crashes and 5 network kicks.

the kz official site has interesting social networking features. it has a live twitter like feed showing what your friends have earned/unlocked on the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']Nothing yet but I've only played the SP.
The combo of the Move and Sharpshooter is a blast![/QUOTE]

Can you post your settings? I bought the SS also and need to get mine set up

[quote name='8bitArtist']no founder would ever say their game will have bad graphics. link to the actual article please.[/QUOTE]

It was a satire post, good call. :lol:

The conversation between Sav and Narville on level 3 where Narville tells Sev to go to the rendezvous and Sev is like fuck no is hilarious because you literally walk 20 feet and theres Narville "Goddamnit I told you to go to the rendezvous", like they were a mile apart haha.

I really cannot stand the snow map with all the snow blowing in your face and everything going on. I think it's like Snow drift or something, it's not the frozen dam but the other one.

There's entirely not enough maps for GW which is disappointing, other than that I really like the changes from KZ2.

I haven't even touched the campaign yet, I'm enjoying MP too much.

EDIT: Liking the KZ website too, just wish it would update my stats lol.

I'm on the 3rd level of the SP. Game is buggy. Audio sounds completely messed up, and it doesn't go along with subtitles. AI is glitchy-Rico got stuck in a doorway and I couldn't advance. I also don't like the control scheme, but maybe it takes time to get used to.

[quote name='QiG']NOT cool that they're ready to release DLC maps already when the game only came with a few as it is...[/QUOTE]
If they end up charging for these maps, then yeah I agree.

Here's the update from Killzone.com with a video of one of the maps.

Hot on the heels of our Retro Map Pack comes Steel Rain, a DLC map pack for Killzone 3 featuring two brand-new multiplayer maps inspired by locations from the single player campaign. Today we’re giving you a glimpse of both levels, including video footage of MP-09 Junkyard, which pitches exoskeletons against jetpacks.
Next week we’ll have a video for the other map included with the Steel Rain pack, MP-10 Stahl Arms. It’s a uniquely styled Warzone map featuring intense minigun-versus-sniper-rifle action in the sprawling Stahl Arms facility. Both maps are packed with strategic routes and locations, offering lots of different tactical approaches for players to discover.

The details for each map are as follows:

MP-09 JUNKYARD
Game Type: Guerrilla Warfare (16 players)
Description:
The junkyards of Helghan are a wasteland to some, but a valuable resource to others. In the main junk processing facility of Helghan, ISA and Helghast Forces are clashing in an attempt to salvage vehicles and supplies for their war effort. Jetpacks are the key to taking the high ground, but the huge Exoskeletons can quickly turn the tide of the battle on the ground.

MP-10 STAHL ARMS
Game Type: Warzone (24 Players)
Description:
As the Helghast write a new and appalling chapter on humanoid experimentation, beleaguered ISA Forces mount a desperate attack on the notorious Stahl Arms research facility, where they hope to free ISA soldiers who have been taken captive. Stahl’s Helghast forces will stop at nothing to ensure that the ISA attack fails, even if it means exterminating the very prisoners they need for their weapons research.

New Developer Updates posted on the Killzone forums.

Guerrilla Warfare matches are too short!
Agreed. We are currently playtesting new time and kill limits. These changes will make it out in a patch sometime soon.

Custom games.
Custom games are returning, although not exactly as they were in KZ2. Two separate updates will be arriving to allow custom games. The first will provide the base functionality, such as

- Custom game modes and settings.
- Secure games allowing you to invite the players you want to play with.
- Faction switching.

The second update will give more much more functionality, some examples include

- More control over games modes and settings.
- Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
- Selecting which careers you want available to players.
- Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off.

As well as a few other features. More details to follow.

Preorder and unlock voucher codes aren’t working correctly.
Investigations are currently ongoing into the issues relating to unlock/pre order bonuses.

Repeated Blood Gracht & Salamun Market matches.
We’ve already identified the cause of this problem, it is related to the ‘ANY” map selection preference, and we should be able to get a fix out soon in one of upcoming patches. In the meantime if you get trapped repeatedly playing either Blood Gracht or Salamun Market, you can quit your game, then within Find Match > Map Selection, choose a non DLC map. The game will place you into the map you have selected when you attempt to join a game, and once your match is finished, map voting will happen as normal and you can vote on whatever map you wish. We understand this isn’t an ideal solution and will try and get this resolved a.s.a.p.

[quote name='Blackout']I'm on the 3rd level of the SP. Game is buggy. Audio sounds completely messed up, and it doesn't go along with subtitles. AI is glitchy-Rico got stuck in a doorway and I couldn't advance. I also don't like the control scheme, but maybe it takes time to get used to.[/QUOTE]
I think the subtitles/audio not matching up is a translation or script issue and not in fact a bug.
I did experience a couple audio issues with NPC dialogue. The NPC audio cuts out mid-sentence and does not finish his dialogue. It happened a couple times randomly throughout the game.

IMO, the complaints I've read about the story are unwarranted. I finished the campaign last night. It's typical sci-fi shooter stuff; certainly not horrible but predictable. Excellent musical score.
I wonder how long we'll have to wait from KZ4?

Regarding the extra scene during the credits:
Do you think Stahl survived the crash?

[quote name='tukai']Can you post your settings? I bought the SS also and need to get mine set up[/QUOTE]
I'll try and remember to jot them down tonight.
I'm pretty sure I have both deadzones at 10% though.

:( This game seems particularly good in putting me into games where my team is routinely outnumbered by 6-8 players in Warzone and 4-5 players in Operations.

There was actually a point where I left an Operations game because I was on a team of 2 vs. 8 and I fucking got put back into the same goddamn game as soon as I joined a "new" one.

Hey guys for you Slurpee points collectors.. you can now buy the Retro map pack and unlock points through slurpee rewards.. used to say "coming soon"

I got enough points to unlock the skills for my play style and don't really feel the urge to spend any more which is what I expected with this system.

[quote name='Vader582']I think the subtitles/audio not matching up is a translation or script issue and not in fact a bug.
I did experience a couple audio issues with NPC dialogue. The NPC audio cuts out mid-sentence and does not finish his dialogue. It happened a couple times randomly throughout the game.

[/QUOTE]

I've had the same issue. When I mentioned the audio sounds messed up, it doesn't really match up with the environment. It sounds like they recorded the voices in a closet or something. Explosions are going off, bullets flying, etc, yet the character's voices don't sound any different. The whole thing just seems sloppy.

Played a bit more of the campaign with Move. I don't know if I can go back to the DS3. It's so much fun using Move. Hopefully it works well in MP too.

I frequently have the menu audio skip and stutter. Does anyone else have this issue? The menu still responds to my actions, it just has audio problems. And have the developers explained what "Master Session Not Available" means? I just assumed it was connection error on my part (though other players continue to move and be heard through my headset).

Also, as much as I disliked the Killzone 2 melee for not auto-targeting and instant killing my enemies (I have never been awarded that badge, and probably never will), I truly despise this melee system. The lunge it offers is ridiculous. I really hope developers go back to what melee was initially used for; a weak last resort when you're reloading or out of ammo.

It's almost as absurd as how in the recent Halo games the melee kills in two hits, while the assault rifle still requires almost an entire magazine to kill an opponent. What's the point of a/any weapon if my in-game fists are more powerful?

Side note.. or question for all of you who have played the Killzone series since the original on PS2.. any of you know where I can find a Steelbook Collector's Edition of Killzone for PS2? It's off Killzone 3 topic but I figured might get the best response from you all in here.

Anyone in here who got the Dynamic theme with Helghast or Collectors edition wanna get rid of their code? Looks pretty cool, They have the non dynamic but same icon and wallpaper version on the slurpee rewards page

So if you enter the beta code now what happens? I bought one cheap on ebay and thought the guy was trying to rip me off... It didn't work told me to check the code.. Emailed him back and he got real defensive real fast accused me of scamming him so I assumed he was scamming me lol. Now I googled socom beta code not working and maybe they cant be redeemed yet?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']:( This game seems particularly good in putting me into games where my team is routinely outnumbered by 6-8 players in Warzone and 4-5 players in Operations.

There was actually a point where I left an Operations game because I was on a team of 2 vs. 8 and I fucking got put back into the same goddamn game as soon as I joined a "new" one.[/QUOTE]

I had back to back 1v8 matches today, first one was ok went 17/30 had a partner pop in for about a min, but the 2nd one I dropped after 45 deaths. Im all for a challenge but that was really messed up, and I am sure there is some little kid bragging about how he owned some old dude in KZ today. The online is really fun but they need to fix this crap or it might get shelved.

bread's done
Back