Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

[quote name='Invin']YES! KZ3 Platinum, here I come! :D
The trophy for being in the top 10% for the week on the multiplayer was a huge pain in KZ2. Looks like there's barely any trophies for online this time.[/QUOTE]

heck ya - that 10% was a major pain last time. My wife was super pissed at me towards the end of that week I cranked out countless hours.

Hey guys I'd like you all to take a few seconds to recognize the maker of the guide for Killzone 3. If you have Facebook take a second.. and add them as one of your likes! They're new on Facebook and wanna hear from the true gamers and fans of their work. I've gotten some others to check out their work and add them as well. With your help if I get their fan number beyond 200 they'll send me a copy of the hardcover collector's guide. So your help would be greatly appreciated but seriously checkout their guides! They have done Bayonetta, Crysis, Infamous, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Future-Press/308190701162

FuturePress! They made the rarely seen in the US Hardcover collectors edition Guide for Killzone 2. And Guerilla, who put together Killzone 3 said why mess with the rest? Stick to the best! FuturePress is thee only guide you'll want for this game. I've seen the Killzone 2 guide and it's not only beautiful but more in depth than most any guide you'll come across. Take a look at their collector's edition hardcover.

http://www.future-press.com/index.php?book=107&sect=books&skip=0

The soft cover is available only at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Direct from Killzone.com

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-02-10_official-game-guide.html

Gamestop only sells Brady and Prima, already verified through management there.

So far Amazon is only selling the soft cover, hopefully with enough requests we can get the Hardcover collector's edition here in the US as well.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Hey guys I'd like you all to take a few seconds to recognize the maker of the guide for Killzone 3. If you have Facebook take a second.. and add them as one of your likes! They're new on Facebook and wanna hear from the true gamers and fans of their work. I've gotten some others to check out their work and add them as well. With your help if I get their fan number beyond 200 they'll send me a copy of the hardcover collector's guide. So your help would be greatly appreciated but seriously checkout their guides! They have done Bayonetta, Crysis, Infamous, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Future-Press/308190701162

FuturePress! They made the rarely seen in the US Hardcover collectors edition Guide for Killzone 2. And Guerilla, who put together Killzone 3 said why mess with the rest? Stick to the best! FuturePress is thee only guide you'll want for this game. I've seen the Killzone 2 guide and it's not only beautiful but more in depth than most any guide you'll come across. Take a look at their collector's edition hardcover.

http://www.future-press.com/index.php?book=107&sect=books&skip=0

The soft cover is available only at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Direct from Killzone.com

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-02-10_official-game-guide.html

Gamestop only sells Brady and Prima, already verified through management there.

So far Amazon is only selling the soft cover, hopefully with enough requests we can get the Hardcover collector's edition here in the US as well.[/QUOTE]

Jamie Collins How about this... if I can get 100 more people to like this page can I get one of these sent and signed by you guys ?

• Future Press Hahaha, it sounds like you want this guide really badly. Chances are that Amazon.com is going to carry the CE guide. Stay tuned. About your offer, more fans are cool but they need be real fans.Yesterday at 4:53am
    • Jamie Collins These are real fans from a forum I'm on that's all about video games .. true hardcore gaming fans. Some of those very fans told me about your guides.. those are the best fans to haveYesterday at 5:10am
    • Jamie Collins And side note.. the thread I started about this guide has been viewed 4,364 times from the site I'm speaking of.. you guys reputation for the input in your guides and physical appearance also.. speaks for itselfYesterday at 5:27am
    • Future Press Deal, if you get 100 people to sign, you'll have your signed copy ,-)Yesterday at 6:04am
    • Jamie Collins Works for me, send me a specific word or something, to get them to write on the page to show I brought them, in a message and I'll get to workYesterday at 6:10am
    • Future Press Not needed. Once the counter reaches 200, the book it's on its way.Yesterday at 6:19am
    • Jamie Collins fair enough thanks !Yesterday at 7:01am

Not to be a dick, but this isn't really YOUR site to spam and get freebies off of...

The thing I hated about kz2 or any shooters was the way they did the map packs. Really not looking forward to that. Issue I had with killzone mainly was that the packs were so small in the number of maps that you got. Only nice thing was they added some new items you couldn't find in the other maps.

[quote name='QiG']Jamie Collins How about this... if I can get 100 more people to like this page can I get one of these sent and signed by you guys ?

• Future Press Hahaha, it sounds like you want this guide really badly. Chances are that Amazon.com is going to carry the CE guide. Stay tuned. About your offer, more fans are cool but they need be real fans.Yesterday at 4:53am
    • Jamie Collins These are real fans from a forum I'm on that's all about video games .. true hardcore gaming fans. Some of those very fans told me about your guides.. those are the best fans to haveYesterday at 5:10am
    • Jamie Collins And side note.. the thread I started about this guide has been viewed 4,364 times from the site I'm speaking of.. you guys reputation for the input in your guides and physical appearance also.. speaks for itselfYesterday at 5:27am
    • Future Press Deal, if you get 100 people to sign, you'll have your signed copy ,-)Yesterday at 6:04am
    • Jamie Collins Works for me, send me a specific word or something, to get them to write on the page to show I brought them, in a message and I'll get to workYesterday at 6:10am
    • Future Press Not needed. Once the counter reaches 200, the book it's on its way.Yesterday at 6:19am
    • Jamie Collins fair enough thanks !Yesterday at 7:01am

Not to be a dick, but this isn't really YOUR site to spam and get freebies off of...[/QUOTE]
Not to be a dick but when I'm promoting a page and a company and in return for sending them more fans than directly relate to this game, fans of quality work..that's not spam and my time is not free. So we both benefit hence the reason they agreed. Thanks for your awesome copy and paste skills though haha

Can anyone comment on the move vs dualshock situation? I doubt guerilla gives an indication on who's using what, but I keep hearing about how accurate move is which is a problem. There are tons of people like me who hate motion controls and want nothing to do with them at all, but we don't want to be held at a disadvantage either.

If it's bad enough then I don't see myself playing multi for very long or at all. Still can't believe they thought it was a good idea to not seperate the two.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Can anyone comment on the move vs dualshock situation? I doubt guerilla gives an indication on who's using what, but I keep hearing about how accurate move is which is a problem. There are tons of people like me who hate motion controls and want nothing to do with them at all, but we don't want to be held at a disadvantage either.

If it's bad enough then I don't see myself playing multi for very long or at all. Still can't believe they thought it was a good idea to not seperate the two.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry from what I've seen in an interview, one of the devs working on the MP, said that you will be able to filter out Move players in matchmaking and play with just dual shock players. Here's a video, skip to 1:35 regarding this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLP_up-Rqg

Also you should give the Move controller a chance. I know it's fashionable these days to completely condemn motion controllers and rule it out as nothing more than a gimmick, but that's only because naysayers haven't experienced first-hand on how well it controls for first person shooter games. It's the next best thing to a mouse and keyboard set up IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good news, it's not exactly preferable to just automatically blocking them out, but it's better than nothing.

I've played on a controller for almost 20 years and I have no interest in motion gaming at all. I have no interest in moving my arms/wrists while playing, or flicking/waving the controller to do things that I can just press a button for. It's not immersive for me, just a pain in the ass and an unnecessary annoyance.

The whole motion gimmick revolution has been an unnecessary annoyance, as there was never anything wrong with the controller to begin with. It's not as accurate as mouse/keyboard...but they're not playing with us and vice versa, so I never saw the issue. Implementing motion into consoles has thrown an un-needed wrench into a machine that was running perfect already and now they have to section off another batch of players. I guess it's at least a good thing Move hasn't sold well at all, so the damage is minimal.

I tried the Move controller and while I can see the appeal it would have for certain people to play this game with it just wasn't for me.

This is the only PS3 game I have looked forward to in a long time. I'm debating on calling in sick the day after it comes out.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']The whole motion gimmick revolution has been an unnecessary annoyance[/QUOTE]

how is it an annoyance? if you never bought a wii, then you really dont have anything to complain about. if you bought the wii and didnt like motion controller, then why did you buy a wii in the first place? move sony games (besides kz3 and socom 4) are all dumb anyway.

[quote name='8bitArtist']how is it an annoyance? if you never bought a wii, then you really dont have anything to complain about. if you bought the wii and didnt like motion controller, then why did you buy a wii in the first place? move sony games (besides kz3 and socom 4) are all dumb anyway.[/QUOTE]

I look down the road with these things. Just like in 07 when people wondered why I feared what the Wii would do to this industry, and then we were "blessed" with Kinect and Move. Hell, MS has just straight up abandoned their core and have gone 100% kinect..they've said this much. People raving about Move on shooters just means we're that much closer to motion only gaming, AKA gimmick gaming.

Gaming is ok now, but the situation was better in 07-08. 3 years sounds like a long time now, but before you know it it will be 2013-2014 and I'm worried how bad it will be then if the current rate continues.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']I look down the road with these things. Just like in 07 when people wondered why I feared what the Wii would do to this industry, and then we were "blessed" with Kinect and Move. Hell, MS has just straight up abandoned their core and have gone 100% kinect..they've said this much. People raving about Move on shooters just means we're that much closer to motion only gaming, AKA gimmick gaming.

Gaming is ok now, but the situation was better in 07-08. 3 years sounds like a long time now, but before you know it it will be 2013-2014 and I'm worried how bad it will be then if the current rate continues.[/QUOTE]

I think you are sort of missing the whole point of the move. You say we're that much closer to "gimmick" gaming - why is it that anything that isn't a standard issue game pad is a gimmick? Because its different? Because you don't like it?

Personally, I think its great that we are getting stuff like the move - it gives me, the gamer, options. I was getting bored with FPSs, and now after playing the KZ3 demo with the move, I couldn't be any more excited for the game. What's wrong with that? What's wrong with having options?

You were bored with shooters and a different control method was all it took to get you excited again? Wow...

Options are bad because it's all but guaranteed that Sony's next console will be waggle only, and if I'm going to play a console next gen I'll have to deal with waggle, because people are shallow and like any new shiny toy despite the consequences it causes in games. The status quo that worked 100% perfectly wasn't enough for people, they needed more gimmicks to keep their ADHD away.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Options are bad because it's all but guaranteed that Sony's next console will be waggle only[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

also, this is the same tmac from joystiq who is the king of all trolls. dont take what he says too literally.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Can anyone comment on the move vs dualshock situation? I doubt guerilla gives an indication on who's using what, but I keep hearing about how accurate move is which is a problem. There are tons of people like me who hate motion controls and want nothing to do with them at all, but we don't want to be held at a disadvantage either.

If it's bad enough then I don't see myself playing multi for very long or at all. Still can't believe they thought it was a good idea to not seperate the two.[/QUOTE]

I don;t think there's any actual disadvantage on pad vs Move, quite the opposite, it will be super-easy to get the drop on Move players. sure they gain on accuracy (after lots of practice), but they lose heavily on turning speed and control, melee reaction, close quarters fighting, etc.

I haven't tried the move on KZ3, but on MAG the only scenario when it was useful was fighting head to head on a long corridor, other than that it felt pretty cumbersome and disorienting to use, and from the KZ map we have experienced (a lot of sharp turns, stairs, doorways,etc) I think the Move players will be the ones with the disadvantage (though some will love the extra challenge)

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']You were bored with shooters and a different control method was all it took to get you excited again? Wow...

Options are bad because it's all but guaranteed that Sony's next console will be waggle only, and if I'm going to play a console next gen I'll have to deal with waggle, because people are shallow and like any new shiny toy despite the consequences it causes in games. The status quo that worked 100% perfectly wasn't enough for people, they needed more gimmicks to keep their ADHD away.[/QUOTE]

I think you are making a lot of leaps and assumptions, dude.

Also, what is so strange about having a new way to play a genre that gets me excited about it again? Personally, I think most shooters are same-y these days (especially in their control schemes), and the move is different enough and presents enough new challenges to pique my interest. I don't see the problem with that.

[quote name='thegreatbelow']I think you are making a lot of leaps and assumptions, dude.

Also, what is so strange about having a new way to play a genre that gets me excited about it again? Personally, I think most shooters are same-y these days (especially in their control schemes), and the move is different enough and presents enough new challenges to pique my interest. I don't see the problem with that.[/QUOTE]

Also, the move is quite far from waggle, specially when used on FPS like MAG and KZ3, it adds a lot of immersion to it, and even more if paired with something like the soon to be released sharpshooter.

Now, the Kinect is ALL about waggle, more refined than Wii waggle, but waggle after all.

Dont mind tmac he is an idiot. Seriously, go look at the 3DS topic and his great expansive trolling on how 3D is ruining games, its a fun read.

[quote name='cgarb84']Dont mind tmac he is an idiot. Seriously, go look at the 3DS topic and his great expansive trolling on how 3D is ruining games, its a fun read.[/QUOTE]

Well it is ruining games, unless you don't think cutting the framerate in half and drastically lowering the resolution from the already low point it's at on consoles/handhelds is hurtful.

I'd rather have good/interesting gameplay than shiny graphics. That's why I like the move and don't have a problem with it. That's why I think the Wii is an awesome platform.

So why are you interested in Killzone? It's no different than any other shooter ever gameplay wise, just prettier and lets you wave your arms around to feel special or whatever. A control method is just that, a control method. It has nothing to do with gameplay.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']So why are you interested in Killzone? It's no different than any other shooter ever gameplay wise, just prettier and lets you wave your arms around to feel special or whatever. A control method is just that, a control method. It has nothing to do with gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Saying control whether feel or input method has nothing to do with game PLAY is straight stupid. Killzone has a very different feel than most shooters as well... you know... I'm talking about the way the game plays. It's cool not to like it, it's another to just pull unicorns out of the air.

So... lets get back to talking about the game..

Maybe I'm just rusty or I'm facing tough competition, but I feel like camping is a much bigger issue in this game than KZ2. I really miss the spot and mark ability on the marksman. It'd be so much easier to pick off camping snipers. Running in an open field seems to equal instant death. I'm not talking about running into the middle of the field. Just one step past the entrance and they'll pick you off.

Anyone else think the Infiltrator terribly breaks the online experience by being way too fucking overpowered???

I was going to make this a day 1 buy, especially enjoying the revamped controls, but once coming across the infiltrator I am very bugged by him. I am a shotgun player too, and that's almost all i used in KZ2, but even I feel cheap using the Infiltrator's disguise ability.....

Seriously, what's your guy's thoughts on disguise skill? I personally find it super cheap and overpowered. At level 2, you pretty much are undetectable, and thus far I have not found an easy way to tell offhand if an teammate is friend or foe.... The only way I know is by looking at your map, but with the large team games that are full of people running around, its hard to tell, and I've resorted to just wasting bullets on my teammates to check that they are not a disguised infiltrator and by that point, its often too late. Seriously, the fact that he is stacked with a shotgun only makes the whole charade worse.

The marksmans cloak skill is not much better at max levels, but at least you know if a cloaked guy is friend or foe.... What's your guys thoughts on the disguise skill? Am i missing some obvious way to see through the disguise???

Doesn't the crosshair always go red on an enemy? I used to be bugged by it, but the more I played the more I got used to it. It is deadly when you are a noob, but with a little practice it seemed to be less of a threat (at least to me).

Yeah the crosshair should be turning red.

And they shouldn't be on your map, though that isn't helpful when a marksman with scramble is around.

In Killzone 2, There was some kind of visual that made them stand out also. I think their eyes were black and didn't glow and no blue equipment light on the other side.

@the_grimace - As others have said run your cross hairs over them or look at the mini-map. Infiltrators are pretty easy to get kills on if you follow those steps because the majority of them that I ran into feel they are invulnerable and try and run straight at you at that point I channel my inner Full Metal Jacket. This is an artists rendition of what happens to Infiltrators that run at me:
full-metal-jacket%5B1%5D.jpg

[quote name='the_grimace']What's your guys thoughts on the disguise skill? Am i missing some obvious way to see through the disguise???[/QUOTE]

I posted two tips awhile back. I mostly play as a Saboteur, the unlimited sprint perk is just too useful.

yea, i knew about infiltrators not appearing on your mini map but like i said, that always seemed to be too time consuming. Ex, you're getting shot by the time you look at you're map. Worse in crowded situations.

I did not notice the crosshair but at least it's something. It will take some getting used to for me because honestly, despite playing a ton of shooters, I never really paid much attention to what my crosshair was doing. I know in other games it will change color or enlarge when over targets, but that was never the determining factor in whom I would I shoot. It was more of an afterthought then anything. Mostly I've always looked primarily for physical characteristics, or the classic lack of name above avatar head.

Could be the map too. When they are on more open ground that is when though can weed out the fakers easier.

Maybe be to late to tell with the long reach on the melee, but check the eyes for the missing glow too when you're not an isa. That is how I used to spot them easiest, something about their look was off, I hope that is still in the game.

[quote name='Josh5890']Really hoping that Best Buy throws 500 points or a $10 gift card next week.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Best Buy they have a really good preorder bonus where you get double XP thru the 1st 24 hrs of online play. I was wondering if anyone else has preordered the game in-store and received some info on how the code would be given out.

[quote name='NamPaehc']check the eyes for the missing glow too when you're not an isa. That is how I used to spot them easiest, something about their look was off, I hope that is still in the game.[/QUOTE]

thats not in kz3

[quote name='muffin1man']Speaking of Best Buy they have a really good preorder bonus where you get double XP thru the 1st 24 hrs of online play. I was wondering if anyone else has preordered the game in-store and received some info on how the code would be given out.[/QUOTE]

I was told it would be avaialable at pick up of the game..

I am really curious how this code will work.. is it the first 24 hours from the midnight release date or the first 24 hours you log in or what.. I can see this being a mess and not that great of a perk... for me its Kmart and the $20 in credit I will gain.

[quote name='Snake2715']I was told it would be avaialable at pick up of the game..

I am really curious how this code will work.. is it the first 24 hours from the midnight release date or the first 24 hours you log in or what.. I can see this being a mess and not that great of a perk... for me its Kmart and the $20 in credit I will gain.[/QUOTE]

It's for the first 24 hrs of actual online gameplay. That's a long time when you think about it. If it wasn't for this particular bonus I would have been trying to get some credit towards another game purchase at K-Mart or possibly Amazon if they did offer it.

[quote name='muffin1man']It's for the first 24 hrs of actual online gameplay. That's a long time when you think about it. If it wasn't for this particular bonus I would have been trying to get some credit towards another game purchase at K-Mart or possibly Amazon if they did offer it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I have an Amazon order as I had a gift card there, but man their pre-order is lame in comparison. I also got the free 3 points from Home. I hope Amazon adds a credit to make me feel better about it. :lol:

All right everyone, I've been pretty slow. I do plan to start the CAG clan again for KZ3 like I did for KZ2. Despite working every weekday (and sometimes weekends), I'm going to make it work regardless since I felt KZ2 nights were a pretty big success under me. Plus, I still have close connections with various clans on other forums, putting together clan battles and such.

bread's done
Back