Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coopx']if you ordered it a while ago while its still available for shipping. Then i think your good. Just wait for the invoice with tracking number tom.[/QUOTE]

Yup, ordered it right after it went live when shipping was available. As often as i read people getting emails about cancellation or backordered i was worried lol

[quote name='evfan_77']So I just got an email saying the KZ3 I ordered earlier this morning was on backorder, but they expect it in 1-2 weeks. The only experience I have had with a Best Buy backorder was bad, but has anyone else had a positive experience? I really don't want to drive 47 miles to the nearest BB that has one in stock.... the gas would kind of negate the deal.[/QUOTE]

I had a backorder on BB once, and after a period of time it was cancelled because the item 'sold out'. So I don't know, it's your call. Being that KZ3 at $24.50 is a clearance type price, I'm not sure once they run out that it will be restocked.

I posted earlier today that I ordered 2 of these by phone for in store pickup. The order went through but I couldn't wait for the pickup email. I just drove there instead on a hunch, not wanting to wait or getting a backorder email such as yours. I fortunately lucked out. But 47 miles for you is a long way, I managed to go to my BB during my lunch.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Will the games scan at these prices in the store, or is it just online?

EDIT: Found my answer. I guess I'll be stopping by Best Buy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It's a cyber Monday deal for a lot of these

So might not be that price tomorrow

Picked up my Helghast Edition at my local Best Buy, rung up 24.50. The store I went to had 3 and all looked like crap (beat up). The posted price was 89.99, but it rang up 24.50. This was a great deal considering I just bought a PS3!

[quote name='Optical']Got KZ3 for 12.25 after finding a 50% sticker on the back. My Best Buy rules. :D[/QUOTE]

It was on the back of the box ? Gotta try this. If I do store pick up do I pay online and pick up at the store or do I pay instore (never done this before so forgive me lol)

Picked up a KZ3 HE at my local BB. The box was in decent condition. The other 2 were pretty beat up. They were still marked at $89.99 but rang up for $24.50 at the register. Super voucher was located inside the game case itself. Happy to report that I was able to redeem all the goodies on the voucher!

[quote name='Dahk']Im so damn weak...after passing on Alice online I picked it up instore when I was there.....along with Tomb Raider Trilogy and Rock Band Country 2

Backlog just grows more and more massive....[/QUOTE]

So lucky. I have a huge backlog too but my area doesn't have any of these.

Was in store earlier and everything was marked as the price, maybe its permanent? Either way, think i might order Earth Defense Force again and possibly Alice. I know my store had quite a few copies of both

[quote name='Jimmienoman']It's a cyber Monday deal for a lot of these

So might not be that price tomorrow[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy I went to was changing all the prices that are listed on page 1 permanently, some were already done, the others were on a sheet of stickers that the employee told me he hadn't gotten to yet.

[quote name='Optical']Got KZ3 for 12.25 after finding a 50% sticker on the back. My Best Buy rules. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does...nice score

[quote name='strait edge follower']It was on the back of the box ? Gotta try this. If I do store pick up do I pay online and pick up at the store or do I pay instore (never done this before so forgive me lol)[/QUOTE]

Don't see one on the 2 boxes I grabbed. Out of the 3 stores in my area, only 1 had them. That store had 4 and all of them were a little beat up.

[quote name='FlipSide']Just a question, does the helgast edition have the "Not for Resale" on the back of the game case?[/QUOTE]

The one I got today has "Not for Resale" on the bottom left of the back of the case.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']The one I got today has "Not for Resale" on the bottom left of the back of the case.[/QUOTE]

Ah thnx, that pretty much kills any trade-in value for me.

just picked up Killzone 3 HE. They had a huge pile of em, doesnt look like theyd be selling out anytime soon. Cashier was surprised it rang up at that price for some reason (even though there was a bright yellow tag on top of the pile that said $24.50!)

I picked up KZ3 today (along with Once Upon a Monster for $10). The Monroeville store had two stacks of the KZ3 bundles as of 2:30pm.

Thanks, I got Tomb Raider in store. Thought about getting the KZ3 Collectors, but I already have the regular edition, and couldn't justify keeping the oversize box, helmet in the house. Good deal though.

[quote name='themidnighter23']got the last one, how are people getting that monster game for $10?[/QUOTE]

It's on sale for $29.99 for the bestbuy cyber Monday sale, and there is a $20 off coupon in the December @Gamer magazine

[quote name='tenzor']It's on sale for $29.99 for the bestbuy cyber Monday sale, and there is a $20 off coupon in the December @Gamer magazine[/QUOTE]

what monster game?

[quote name='otakuseth']According to like 3-4 people in this thread, the codes are still active, no need to complain yet lol[/QUOTE]

I take that back, I tried the code when I just got home and all the DLC works. Sorry about that.

[quote name='rexflexall']I had a backorder on BB once, and after a period of time it was cancelled because the item 'sold out'. So I don't know, it's your call. Being that KZ3 at $24.50 is a clearance type price, I'm not sure once they run out that it will be restocked.

I posted earlier today that I ordered 2 of these by phone for in store pickup. The order went through but I couldn't wait for the pickup email. I just drove there instead on a hunch, not wanting to wait or getting a backorder email such as yours. I fortunately lucked out. But 47 miles for you is a long way, I managed to go to my BB during my lunch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response! I think I might try to go tonight....

Gonna have to order KZ3 site to store. Went to the store and no bundles left. :(. Did pick up Bulletstorm and might look at Tomb Raider Trilogy.

[quote name='Roninalchemist']In for Samurai Warriors 3DS and Alice for 360. Nice find, thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Just came back with min KZ3. I was going to get it from he gamefly sale for $15 but missed on that, now I'm really glad. Best Buy won the show in mt opinion :applause:

Bought a KZ3 HE today,didnt see any on the shelf but an employee knew they had 2 thought were in overstock way up on top of some shelving.You guys might check there if you don't see any on the game shelf.

[quote name='themidnighter23']got the last one, how are people getting that monster game for $10?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='onyzukae']what monster game?[/QUOTE]
Its a Sesame Street game just in case you didn't know...

[quote name='FlipSide']Ah thnx, that pretty much kills any trade-in value for me.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy takes them like that but they just take the disk out (that's what happened when I traded in my bf ratchet game)

Managed to snag the last decent copy of KZ3 HE at my local BB. There was another copy but it was beat to shreds. Mine had a few dings but they're barely noticeable and the inside contents are pristine. Good luck with B&M pickups, I hope yours turn up in good condition.

I got Tomb raider in store. No KZ3 and no Alice for either system. Those were the 3 I wanted. Oh well, batting .333

Just FYI, don't go by the stock checker online. Mine showed Killzone 3 Helghast in stock and Tomb Raider OOS. There were 4 Tomb raiders and no KZ3. Just saying, if you go by the stock checker online, you may miss out.

Grabbed the last KZ3 Helghast Ed. at any of my local Best Buys, dude who rang it up kinda had jaw-on-the-floor-itis when he scanned it, said he would have gotten it had he known - sorry buddy! The goober holding vigil over the front doors wasn't as trusting and, upon checking the receipt, called the manager or whoever demanding to know why the "Kill Zone He.. hello? ... Hella Guts Edition... THE ONE IN THE BIG BOX!" was so cheap. What a character. :spam:

edit: Thanks for the heads up as well, CAG :)

So for some reason the closest store to me doesn't have it available even for delivery yet every other store does...

Is this some glitch or can that really happen as I don't see how BB can ship to the other stores but not the one closest to me, granted it's not that small either...

I searched for the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition online and the store finder said none available in my local BB. I checked the physical store anyway and found 1 laying on the floor marked at $89.99. I got them to check online and it did scan as 24.50. The guy running the register couldn't believe it. He immediately went looking for more of these after I checked out. Epic win as I will sell the collectibles off and get KZ3 essentially for free, although the Helghast helmet is awesome looking and my 10 year old is already lobbying to put it in his room.

Could anyone recommend a ps3 headset (wireless) for online gaming. Bestbuy has the triton ax pro for 120. Is that a good deal/good headset or should I wait until after christmas sale

Decided to sell my copy of Alice that i picked up today after looking at my 20+ backlog, and am loving the kz3 ce now. Should i play killzone 2 first or its okay to jump right into 3?

[quote name='strait edge follower']It was on the back of the box ? Gotta try this. If I do store pick up do I pay online and pick up at the store or do I pay instore (never done this before so forgive me lol)[/QUOTE]
It was specific to the store. It was in their clearance area and it was just a BB price sticker that someone had written 50% off on it. All the games in that corner are 25-50% off.

bread's done
Back