Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
Called and got them to do an order over the phone for in-store pickup for Helghast Edition. If you call the 888 BEST BUY, be prepared for a 30 minute adventure.

[quote name='skinkrawl']Called and got them to do an order over the phone for in-store pickup for Helghast Edition. If you call the 888 BEST BUY, be prepared for a 30 minute adventure.[/QUOTE]

Just did the same thing. One of my local BB has the KZ3 HE available for pickup but I couldn't order it online. So I called the 888 number, waited about 15 min, and finally got CSR to order for in-store pickup. I'm just now waiting for the pickup confirmation email.

[quote name='icedrake523']Never played Killzone 1 or 2, still have 2 in shrinkwrap from when it came with my PS3. But $25 for a collector's edition that comes with a pretty cool display? Must try to resist...

I think the answer is Yes but I will ask anyway.

I don't have my PS3 with me. Could I use my roommate's PS3, log in under my PSN account, and [try to] redeem the KZ3 voucher and still be able to get it on my console when I get home?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skinkrawl']Called and got them to do an order over the phone for in-store pickup for Helghast Edition. If you call the 888 BEST BUY, be prepared for a 30 minute adventure.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, I think the codes originally expired during the summer and Sony extended them till October due to many complaints. I think if we can get enough complaints going, they might extend these too. Kind of stupid if you ask me, these should be good till a year the game releases.

[quote name='CaptainZombie']Just an FYI, I think the codes originally expired during the summer and Sony extended them till October due to many complaints. I think if we can get enough complaints going, they might extend these too. Kind of stupid if you ask me, these should be good till a year the game releases.[/QUOTE]

According to like 3-4 people in this thread, the codes are still active, no need to complain yet lol

Ugh I am so torn on Alice and EDF. I have about $200 in BB credit, but I have gotten like 20-25 games this month alone. I have been wanting Alice for a while now, but I am wondering if anyone thinks it'll go cheaper (and still include the Alice voucher).

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ugh I am so torn on Alice and EDF. I have about $200 in BB credit, but I have gotten like 20-25 games this month alone. I have been wanting Alice for a while now, but I am wondering if anyone thinks it'll go cheaper (and still include the Alice voucher).[/QUOTE]

I decided to go ahead and get Alice. I figure $10 for 2 games that I've been planning on getting is a good enough deal.

[quote name='mars009']So a store near me has it available. Do I just go and get the deal or what do I need to do to get it?[/QUOTE]
They should price match their website when you checkout, just make sure to mention it

[quote name='mars009']So a store near me has it available. Do I just go and get the deal or what do I need to do to get it?[/QUOTE]

Just walk up to the register and it rings up for 24.99. I got mine this morning. Went to customer service and said price match this please but the gentleman said it should automatically ring up and suprisingly it did.

[quote name='soccerboy09']Just walk up to the register and it rings up for 24.99. I got mine this morning. Went to customer service and said price match this please but the gentleman said it should automatically ring up and suprisingly it did.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, will do as soon as I get out of work :bouncy: dang I really can't wait to get my hands on it.

Checked the site when it was posted and the one near me said it was in stock. Woke up before the stores opened and it showed no more in stock. Went to store just now and it rang up 24.50.

I picked up the KZ3 Helghast edition at best buy just now for $26.xx, they had 3 on the shelf marked $89 still but rang up just fine at $25. I bought it for my nephew but I was really tempted to get one for myself too ha. The store was empty(gilbert az, san tan center) but it always smells in there....

Picked up a KZ3 Helghast Edition. They had 3, all were kinda beat up and had "Inspected by Best Buy" tape on them, so no idea what to expect.

[quote name='Dysheekie']I'm looking for a support group for people that can't stop buying video games at good prices.[/QUOTE]

You're on the right sight...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You're on the right sight...[/QUOTE]

We say we're cheap, but that's just a cover to buy things we never knew we wanted.

how do i check if it's available in store if it's not available for in-store pickup? can't seem to find out how...

edit: nevermind, got it

Saw 3 more KZ 3 at Westminstermall, Ca. Was about to pull the trigger but had to walk away I already got the game and spent way too much this past two months... Heads up for anyone around the area

[quote name='Dysheekie']We say we're cheap, but that's just a cover to buy things we never knew we wanted.[/QUOTE]

My friend asked me a good question the other day.

Do you appreciate your video games for the price you got them for or for the game itself?

Didn't take me long to realize it was for the price I bought it at lol...

I hate best buy so much. I did the in-store pickup before they opened, never got an email saying it was ready but went at lunch, after 20 min the lady said 'oh someone must've beaten you to it.' i said so you're telling me even though I ordered this before you opened, you sold it to someone else? she said, 'oh someone probably just bought it before you.' i was like WTF!?

I would've ordered it online :hot: oh well. I'm sure I can trade with someone over in the marketplace or something.

[quote name='otakuseth']My friend asked me a good question the other day.

Do you appreciate your video games for the price you got them for or for the game itself?

Didn't take me long to realize it was for the price I bought it at lol...[/QUOTE]

That is a good question - I'd say for me it's a bit of both. I try hard to only get the really good games -- but when some mediocre ones get cheap...it's hard to hold off.

[quote name='otakuseth']My friend asked me a good question the other day.

Didn't take me long to realize it was for the price I bought it at lol...[/QUOTE]

A little bit of each.

For example I would have bought Skyrim happily for $60 and been happy with it.

But getting it for $40 before the 5/$100 made it feel that much better.

Or getting FO:NV for $7 is just a deal on a good game that will probably be backlogged for forever as I don't see myself peeling away from Skyrim anytime soon.

Just cheked my order on KZ3 and it says it will ship on null - null days same goes for bioshock 2 le i ordered on BF. Anyone know what that means?

[quote name='boredasfook']Just cheked my order on KZ3 and it says it will ship on null - null days same goes for bioshock 2 le i ordered on BF. Anyone know what that means?[/QUOTE]

No clue, but my PS3 Holiday bundle was listed the same way this past Wednesday and it shipped today.

[quote name='boredasfook']Just cheked my order on KZ3 and it says it will ship on null - null days same goes for bioshock 2 le i ordered on BF. Anyone know what that means?[/QUOTE]

In my experience whenever i got the null-null days for shipping it resulted in the order being backordered or cancelled. But it could also ship with no problems

I'm headed to my local BB to confirm and purchase EDF. I ordered last night with in store pickup, but since BB.com is still showing the PS3 version as a pre-order, my order will not be fulfilled (still is giving me the option to cancel which only happens in a short window on an in-store pickup order....)

Picked up KZ Alice bulletstorm and Brink (10 bucks). Thank you CAG.
Timonium MD store still had 8 copies of KZi for those in the area

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ugh I am so torn on Alice and EDF. I have about $200 in BB credit, but I have gotten like 20-25 games this month alone. I have been wanting Alice for a while now, but I am wondering if anyone thinks it'll go cheaper (and still include the Alice voucher).[/QUOTE]

Do both the PS3 and the 360 versions of Alice : madness come with the Alice voucher?

I want kz3 but I was thinking about putting those 25$ towards one of those dynex tvs
Instead. I think there's a 19 inch one for 110$ (I could use a small one for the kitchen) this week. How is the quality of the dynex series ? Is it good ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']I want kz3 but I was thinking about putting those 25$ towards one of those dynex tvs
Instead. I think there's a 19 inch one for 110$ (I could use a small one for the kitchen) this week. How is the quality of the dynex series ? Is it good ?[/QUOTE]

Dynex is Best Buy owned, and is their discount/cheap-o brand. I think their decent but are only 720p and don't go higher. Not sure how much that matters to you though.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Dynex is Best Buy owned, and is their discount/cheap-o brand. I think their decent but are only 720p and don't go higher. Not sure how much that matters to you though.[/QUOTE]

Well all I need is a 720p set for the kitchen anyway. If that's all I need is it recommended then ?

Just picke up my killzone 3 helghast edition. Box was a little beat up but to be expected since it was on store shelfs. The insides were fine. Gonna throw away the box anyhow

I'm glad someone in another thread posted some BBY highlights. It got me curious as to what else they may have, and now I have DQ VI ordered for my wife for christmas.

I went out to Best Buy on my lunch break to see if they had any of this stuff and surprisingly they had them all tagged with the sale prices and everything. They had a bunch of Tomb Raider but I just couldn't bring myself to get it again since I got it last year and hardly played it before trading it in for slightly more than what I paid. NFS Shift 2 was tempting but then I had to ask myself, "Will I really put down Forza 4 anytime soon for this?".

[quote name='Indyjones']Do both the PS3 and the 360 versions of Alice : madness come with the Alice voucher?[/QUOTE]

Yes, new copies of course.

In for Bulletstorm and KZ3. In-stock pickup at the nearest store. Good thing I was headed down there for a doctor's appointment.

Except, my wallet is dead from all these deals. :(

[quote name='onyzukae']what the....... I was order 4:13 am PDT .. still no email for ready to pick up store....[/QUOTE]

The store has to check their inventory, which might be until the end of the day. I find that it varies, and some Best Buy stores tend to be faster in sending their confirmations that others. If it's in stock and available for pick up, you'll get an email today.

bread's done
Back