Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gem0']DON"T BUY KILLZONE 3
Honestly one of the best FPS games to play online, but...NO ONE IS PLAYING IT ANY MORE! With BF3 and MW3 just now coming out, it's almost impossible to find a full match.[/QUOTE]

If this is true, that sucks. I'm already on the fence about pulling the trigger. I liked the demo. I don't care for the all the extra's that this comes with yet it's cheaper than the vanilla game. If the online isn't active though, I guess that decides it for me.

[quote name='vtbones']If this is true, that sucks. I'm already on the fence about pulling the trigger. I liked the demo. I don't care for the all the extra's that this comes with yet it's cheaper than the vanilla game. If the online isn't active though, I guess that decides it for me.[/QUOTE]

Definitely hold off if that is how you feel. Unless you really want to know what happens after Killzone 2 story-wise, you're better off saving your money.

A lot of people see a deal that's 50-75% off and buy it regardless of actually wanting it simply because they think it's great value. KZ3's campaign is super short and even when the multiplayer was active, it wasn't that good. Almost everyone was running around as the camou class getting cheap kills.

Use those $25 on something else or just wait and pick it up used when vanilla is on sale for

I had KZ3 and it was a really fun game. I actually liked it better than KZ2. I traded it in a couple of months ago right before the rush of all the new releases starting in September because I knew I simply would hardly play it anymore. I almost bit on this deal though, but had to pump the brakes because I quickly realized that I probably would only rarely play the game and I really have no interest in the art work or Helghast helmet.

[quote name='Gem0']DON"T BUY KILLZONE 3
Honestly one of the best FPS games to play online, but...NO ONE IS PLAYING IT ANY MORE! With BF3 and MW3 just now coming out, it's almost impossible to find a full match.[/QUOTE]
I found 2 full matches last night at midnight eastern on a Monday. The game only took about 15 seconds to find them. I don't think finding matches is hard...

I was really tempted on Alice and KZ3 HE, but logic side kicked in. I have 6 brand new games that I really want to play along with a backlog of 15+ games now so why add to it.

i just checked on the BB site. the deal seems to be active, but not for my area in NY, not shipping and can't do store pickup. sad. wanted to get this too.

I still haven't played KZ2, but I figured what the heck.. at this price point, it's cheap enough to toss in to the backlog. Picked up the next to last one in Bel Air MD Best Buy, which was the only store in the area that seemed to have any left. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Midnyght']I still haven't played KZ2, but I figured what the heck.. at this price point, it's cheap enough to toss in to the backlog. Picked up the next to last one in Bel Air MD Best Buy, which was the only store in the area that seemed to have any left. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

FWIW, KZ2 is the best looking game on PS3 in my opinion so KZ3 should be eye candy if nothing else.

Was able to go to another Best buy and got Alice for the 360. Wanted it for the PS3, but oh well, better than nothing. I might go to one more BB tomorrow since i still didn't find the Helghast edition. Was also able to get a bulletstorm price match to the online 7.99.

And @Anehanhume, KZ3 looks AMAZING. I was blown away. I only did the tutorial and first part, but still, it was really a sight for sore eyes. In my opinion, the best looking PS3 game i have played

KZ3 is one of my favorite games! You also have the option to play using the Sharpshooter, which I prefer. I have played through it with a DS3 as well, both are great, but I like the Sharpshooter. The Sharpshooter creates a different experience and for me enhances my gameplay. It feels more interactive. I had to pass on this great deal, as I already own the Helghast edition from launch and I have the Limited Helghast edition that has the eyes that light up in the helmet, very cool and rare. I think they only made 1000 of them and were never for retail. $25 is an amazing deal and I know anyone that bought it at that price will enjoy it!

[quote name='wrencrest']FYI, unless something changed very recently, the amount the tracker stops working is 3 or less. Not 5-7.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can't speak for other locations but the Frisco, Tx location had 4 (hence my comment of "5-7") in plain sight just sitting on the shelf when I got there yet their online inventory checker said it was unavailable in addition to the customer service rep telling me the same thing on the phone when she looked it up on her system after I provided the sku number.

This is available for pick up at all my local stores. Kinda tempted -_- but I just bought Batman AC/AA from walmart BF and need to buy MW3 still so I think i'll have to pass. Going to get Fight Night Champion though. $15 for that game is good enough price for whenever I feel like beating up Mayweather with Pacman lol.

I called my local Best Buy and asked if they had Tomb Raider Trilogy pre-owned since online said sold out, but had pricing up for Pre-Owned, and asked about Bulletstrom- didn't see it on the Deals post, but pricing for it is $7.99 :D

[quote name='Jcpunk']I found 2 full matches last night at midnight eastern on a Monday. The game only took about 15 seconds to find them. I don't think finding matches is hard...[/QUOTE]

I really want to give the multiplayer a spin, so I will probably be jumping between KZ3 and Uncharted 3. I bet with all the people in CAG we can get some decent matches going

[quote name='mars009']I really want to give the multiplayer a spin, so I will probably be jumping between KZ3 and Uncharted 3. I bet with all the people in CAG we can get some decent matches going[/QUOTE]

If Best Buy keeps selling these at this price, the multiplayer should get a 2nd wind rofl

Bought K3 HE, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and Bulletstorm LE.

Also I was using the in-store kiosk to see what games had had a price drop (I couldn't remember all the games in the OP), and while I was looking up what games were under $30 I came across Heavy Rain Greatest Hits (had a picture of the Director's Cut) for $9.50. There weren't any available at my store, but I thought it was odd that it was so cheap. Apparently the in-store kiosks show the lowest marked price for in-store inventory. I just got back home and checked on the website but it showed a different price than the BB kiosk ($28.99 instead of $9.50). May be worth checking it out.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I'm trying to think of how to turn this Helghast Helmet into a bong, for educational purposes obviously.[/QUOTE]

Cool idea, if you get it working you should pm me or a pic so I can check it out. :)

Resistance 3 Doomsday Edition is only $99.99. It comes with the gun, move controller/navigator, camera, and Resistance 3 game. It seemed like the 007 bundle that was on sale a few days ago, but I was wan't really interested in the James Bond game, so I picked up this bundle instead. I heard KZ3 is awesome with Move and I picked up the Helghast edition from BB yesterday so this was perfect :)

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I'm trying to think of how to turn this Helghast Helmet into a bong, for educational purposes obviously.[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting! I would also like to see if you get it working!

Two copies of KZ3 left at the Bloomington, IL BB. Neither have been opened. They have the $24.99 price tag above them. Just got my copy.

I purchased the Helghast edition even though I already own a copy of the game lol. This price was just too good. I'll just give my old copy to a friend or see if I can get a good trade in price.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Bought K3 HE, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and Bulletstorm LE.

Also I was using the in-store kiosk to see what games had had a price drop (I couldn't remember all the games in the OP), and while I was looking up what games were under $30 I came across Heavy Rain Greatest Hits (had a picture of the Director's Cut) for $9.50. There weren't any available at my store, but I thought it was odd that it was so cheap. Apparently the in-store kiosks show the lowest marked price for in-store inventory. I just got back home and checked on the website but it showed a different price than the BB kiosk ($28.99 instead of $9.50). May be worth checking it out.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks. I paid $15 at gamestop and would rather save a few bucks!

Picked up Tomb Raider Trilogy at the Manassas Va BB for $9.50!

I have been chasing this via Target Clearance for weeks!

[quote name='evfan_77']Resistance 3 Doomsday Edition is only $99.99. It comes with the gun, move controller/navigator, camera, and Resistance 3 game. It seemed like the 007 bundle that was on sale a few days ago, but I was wan't really interested in the James Bond game, so I picked up this bundle instead. I heard KZ3 is awesome with Move and I picked up the Helghast edition from BB yesterday so this was perfect :)[/QUOTE]

I may bite it for $39.99 - $49.99 ;)

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Well, I can't speak for other locations but the Frisco, Tx location had 4 (hence my comment of "5-7") in plain sight just sitting on the shelf when I got there yet their online inventory checker said it was unavailable in addition to the customer service rep telling me the same thing on the phone when she looked it up on her system after I provided the sku number.[/QUOTE]

^This. Their online inventory checker is messed up (as I'm sure most of you already know). I picked up one Helghast bundle and one of the Tomb Raider Trilogies even though it said unavailiable. There were still 2 of each when I left the Frisco store.

Well, this is probably the last time i have bestbuy.com ship something to my house...Still waiting on a shipping confirmation from KZ3 HE. I don't think it will be cancelled because i ordered right after the deal started and my order says "In Process", should've just ordered store pickup. Blah

Just picked up two copies of Tomb Raider Trilogy, one for me, one for a friend. Great deal! I just sold my unplayed copy of Underword for $8 on Amazon during a Fall cleaning of my collection, but I hated parting ways with it since I didn't play it yet. Getting two other games for a couple bucks more than I sold the one for was an instant must buy for me!

I believe if there is less then 3 in stock at the store the online tracker will show out of stock. They do it as a precaution just in case they don't oversell and such

[quote name='otakuseth']Well, this is probably the last time i have bestbuy.com ship something to my house...Still waiting on a shipping confirmation from KZ3 HE. I don't think it will be cancelled because i ordered right after the deal started and my order says "In Process", should've just ordered store pickup. Blah[/QUOTE]

Same here, I have stuff I ordered from them 7AM on Thanksgiving day that still is "In Process" ...not looking too good.

[quote name='Dominick331']Same here, I have stuff I ordered from them 7AM on Thanksgiving day that still is "In Process" ...not looking too good.[/QUOTE]

Sitting in the same boat here. Uncharted 3 & GeOW Triple Pack from Thursday still in process as well as KZ3. May have to call them tomorrow if they haven't shipped yet to see what the hold up is.

[quote name='Dominick331']Same here, I have stuff I ordered from them 7AM on Thanksgiving day that still is "In Process" ...not looking too good.[/QUOTE]

One of my items shipped today and I ordered it around the same time as you. Stay positive!

All my orders arrived today besides my Bioshock 2 CE and SWTFU2 CE, but I jumped on those late. Even got my iPod which said backordered yesterday morning.

I have 3 separate orders that are still processing. The order for my BBY acct isn't even showing contents on the website; just order #. The orders I placed "as a guest" at least show. Hopefully all is cool.

Got TR from Ellisville, MO today. One copy left as of 5 PM. None at Manchester, MO BB. No Killzone's but probably just as well, I didn't really like the demo and never got into the others and would have just got suckered in to get it because of the deal.

Always bummed I'd never find TR on the Target clearance, but this is just as good. Used my $10 Holiday reward cert on it (had the clerk adjust the price up to $10 so it would take it). Out the door for free. Nice.

[quote name='Pride7ds']Sitting in the same boat here. Uncharted 3 & GeOW Triple Pack from Thursday still in process as well as KZ3. May have to call them tomorrow if they haven't shipped yet to see what the hold up is.[/QUOTE]

Be prepared to wait. I was just on the phone with them. Took 45 min before I talked to them. Then another 30 once I did. Got a $25 reward certificate for it, but still its a pain.

[quote name='otakuseth']Well, this is probably the last time i have bestbuy.com ship something to my house...Still waiting on a shipping confirmation from KZ3 HE. I don't think it will be cancelled because i ordered right after the deal started and my order says "In Process", should've just ordered store pickup. Blah[/QUOTE]

I ordered my BF specials during the exclusive Monday window for RZ Silver members and I just started receiving my games in the mail since yesterday. Some more are coming in today/tomorrow.

I imagine all BF orders are totally backed up so just be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, my DotD's everybody dance and Fallout:NV just arrived today.. Vanquish and Bioshock 2 SE will be here tomorrow. It's funny cuz its only been a week but we are so used to Prime that a week seems like forever.

Well I'm out of luck on the killzone 3 hellghast edition it seems. Alice has gone mia as well. I'll try one more bestbuy tommorow. If anything the reg edition will be 14.99 early next year or on bf so ill wait more

In for :ps3:Earth Defense Force, it's weird that it said it was a pre-order when I bought it though. It also said I should get it before Xmas so I'm not too worried about it.

bread's done
Back