Killzone 3 (PS3) & Bulletstorm (360/PS3) with $20 credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]21017[/IMG-R]Pre-order Killzone 3 and/or Bulletstorm and receive $20 in Amazon credit. Killzone 3 also includes an Amazon-exclusive code to get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Release day delivery is available on both titles.

More Amazon pre-order credit deals here.

:ps3: Killzone 3 w/$20 credit at Amazon
:360::ps3: Bulletstorm w/$20 credit at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Was on the fence about Bulletstorm and definitely passing on buying Killzone 3, but now they are both pre-ordered, thanx amazon! I

Wasn't planning on KZ3 but that $20 general credit was too tempting. I had $20 livingsocial credit and $10 MvC3 vg credit, so KZ3 for $26 + $20 future credit sounds good to me.

Still passing on Bulletstorm. Really wanted to like this game but the camera shakiness is too much. KZ3 is a bit shaky but not nearly as bad as Bulletstorm.

[quote name='chubbyporky']From Amazon CS

Hello,

I am sorry to say that we're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last.

If you would like to take advantage of this promo offer, please cancel this order and place a new order. So that you will able to get $20 promotional credit.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has added "This offer will be extended to all existing preorders" to the Killzone 3 $20 promotion section.

Okay people, here is exactly what the Bulletstorm product page says:
$20 Credit and Pre-Order Upgrade Offer
Pre-order Bulletstorm for Xbox 360 and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). Also, receive a free upgrade to Bulletstorm - Limited Edition, which contains the full version of Bulletstorm plus the Deadly Peace Maker Carbine, additional boots and armor, 25,000 experience points, and visual upgrades for the iconic leash. Pre-order offer ends on February 21, 2011. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

So any Amazon CS person that tells you differently obviously can't read their own website...

I wonder if they will extend the present $10 credit to previous Crysis pre-orders also. I have some ECA discounts on a present order and I don't want to lose them. I guess I can email them to find out. I would think if KZ3 and Bulletstorm can get this added to the capsule then Crysis can also if enough ask.

[quote name='flatliner718']Eca discounts still exist?[/QUOTE]

If you have games that you pre-ordered back in 2009 which I do. I think I still have 4 games left with ECA discounts including FF13versus which doesn't even have a release date yet. Correction 5 and 2 other game TLG and Agent also don't have release dates yet.

I've already got a $15 Amazon credit from something, so it came out to $42.99. With the maps and $20 credit, it was a definite buy. Good shit Amazon.

[quote name='endgamer77']i hope there are reviews for this game by monday. a 20 dollar credit is cool but i dont wanna buy a bad game.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about bulletstorm? As KZ3 presently has a 85 on MC with 39 reviews.

[quote name='mnuttster']Okay people, here is exactly what the Bulletstorm product page says:
$20 Credit and Pre-Order Upgrade Offer
Pre-order Bulletstorm for Xbox 360 and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). Also, receive a free upgrade to Bulletstorm - Limited Edition, which contains the full version of Bulletstorm plus the Deadly Peace Maker Carbine, additional boots and armor, 25,000 experience points, and visual upgrades for the iconic leash. Pre-order offer ends on February 21, 2011. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

So any Amazon CS person that tells you differently obviously can't read their own website...[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, that WASN'T there earlier.

I'm hesitant to pick Killzone 3 up, even at the price of essentially $37.99, because the demo still had laggy, sluggish controls. Albeit improved over KZ2, but still too sluggish compared to most other shooters I've played.

Man I was going to wait for Bulletstorm but it seems it would be stupid not to pick it up at launch now. I think I'll go and find my The Club copy on my shelf today as I'm in the mood for some arcadey shooting!

[quote name='Vader582']A 3.5 out of 5 is miserable? Really? Hrm.
Seems like the reviewer is mainly upset that KZ3 isn't exactly like KZ2.
Play the demos on PSN if you're in doubt.
Personally, I found them quite fun and cannot wait.[/QUOTE]
I played the beta and the single player demo. The single player one I almost didnt finish because I got bored but I really loved the beta. I just cant buy games strictly for multiplayer anymore because I never stick with a multiplayer game for more than a month or so. I really wanted to see the story continued and see Rico get whats coming to him but the single player has gotten a bad review pretty much everywhere so I think I'll wait out a price drop/greatest hits version.

[quote name='genfuyung']I really wanted to see the story continued and see Rico get whats coming to him but the single player has gotten a bad review pretty much everywhere so I think I'll wait out a price drop/greatest hits version.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree with the Rico statement but define "everywhere"?

[quote name='genfuyung']I played the beta and the single player demo. The single player one I almost didnt finish because I got bored but I really loved the beta. I just cant buy games strictly for multiplayer anymore because I never stick with a multiplayer game for more than a month or so. I really wanted to see the story continued and see Rico get whats coming to him but the single player has gotten a bad review pretty much everywhere so I think I'll wait out a price drop/greatest hits version.[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed the MP and thought it was a lot of fun with varied ways of killing enemies on a jetpack, improved melee combos., new weapons. I just found it to be too short. I definitely love the controls now as they are a perfect balance between COD itchy and KZ2 heavy. Also, I know you aren't buying a FPS for a great story. LOL. If you are then you are barking up the wrong tree so to speak.

I bit on Killzone. Had the Helghast Edition preordered somewhere else but I cancelled that cause the actual head statue is cheap-looking.

[quote name='3rdbass']I actually enjoyed the MP and thought it was a lot of fun with varied ways of killing enemies on a jetpack, improved melee combos., new weapons. I just found it to be too short. I definitely love the controls now as they are a perfect balance between COD itchy and KZ2 heavy. Also, I know you aren't buying a FPS for a great story. LOL. If you are then you are barking up the wrong tree so to speak.[/QUOTE]
The fact that you discredit an entire genre and then use an all caps internet term invalidates your opinion to me. For an FPS with incredible story go play Half Life.

As far as who else is saying the single player isnt up to snuff, gametrailers review says it, ign's review says it, joystiq says it, Jeff Gerstmann has mentioned in tweets that there are a surprising amount of technical issues, I mean just go to metacritic if you want and skim through some of the reviews and they all say pretty much the same thing "Story could be better, multiplayer is the reason to buy". Which is fine. As I said, I enjoyed the multiplayer, but for me a strong single player campaign is more important to me and looks like Killzone 3 doesn't have it. I do still look forward to playing it in a few months though.

Anyone else holding out for a drop on the Killzone LE? You just know that thing is going to drop in value since it's a giant box and Killzone is far more niche than Halo or most of the other 'mega' LE's that have come out in recent years (and before one of you goes all crazy about the term niche, be real Killzone has never had the same following as Call of Duty or Halo).

I think I'll grab Bulletstorm now with Gears and wait it out on Killzone, maybe Gamefly it bc I do want to play it but just feel like that LE will drop in a few months to a better price.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']why no love for pc?!![/QUOTE]

Maybe it's because everyone pirates shit for the PC...and that's why we'll never get anything nice. Also yes, I'm a PC gamer as well, and hate that we're getting shafted.

is there any physical ad from anywhere that i could take to Best Buy and get a price match for KZ3? i want to use my last remaining BB credit and be done with them, but I don't want to risk not having a real flyer when I can preorder from amazon and get a cool 20.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']is there any physical ad from anywhere that i could take to Best Buy and get a price match for KZ3? i want to use my last remaining BB credit and be done with them, but I don't want to risk not having a real flyer when I can preorder from amazon and get a cool 20.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Amazon doesn't have a physical ad. Best Buy doesn't price match Amazon either.

is there any physical ad from anywhere

there is amazon, kmart, toys r us that all offer some type of credit for purchasing. I searched all over google for kmart and TRU ads but come up dry.

I had $300 in amazon credit from trade ins and just pre-ordered killzone 3, bringing my balance to about $250. But my remaining credit doesn't expire.

When the $20 additional credit is added to my account that won't make the entirety of my account expire within 4 months right? Or does it?

How does amazon make a distinction between my $250 which should never expire vs. the additional $20 from the pre-order that does expre?

[quote name='Brother Daz']This has never happend before with a Amazon preorder but my card was already chaged $1 for my KZ3 & BS preorders????[/QUOTE]

It's a temporary authorization charge - don't worry about it.

----

Your 300 dollar credit is actually in gift card form. The game credit is classified as promotional credit - first difference. Secondly each individual promotion has it's own attributes. Expiration dates are not bulked into one.

[quote name='Trance Addix']
Your 300 dollar credit is actually in gift card form. The game credit is classified as promotional credit - first difference. Secondly each individual promotion has it's own attributes. Expiration dates are not bulked into one.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response. So if i buy something (that qualifies) after I'm given the promo credit, will amazon automatically take money from the promo credit first instead of my gift card balance or will there be some way to manually choose promo credit vs gift card balance at checkout? Thanks.

I'm still in doubt whether if these games are worth owning. Would it be worth the risk if I purchase these two and sell them on ebay? Earning myself $40 in amazon credit. I'm just not so certain if they will sell well though. Any advice?

[quote name='sasuke543']I'm still in doubt whether if these games are worth owning. Would it be worth the risk if I purchase these two and sell them on ebay? Earning myself $40 in amazon credit. I'm just not so certain if they will sell well though. Any advice?[/QUOTE]
You'd probably get a bit over $50 for each. Games just released almost always sell near MSRP on ebay.

[quote name='Trance Addix']It's a temporary authorization charge - don't worry about it.

----

.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats kinda what I figured it was, I wasnt really worried about it. I had never seen amazon do this out of the numerous games I've preordered with the same card. Thought it was a little strange that now I see a temp charge on a preorder.

nice! probably the biggest pre-order thing I've gotten in a while since I ordered in HOME as well...

also, I used $20 amazon credit I lready had so its like I never used it ^_^

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']$57.99, retro map pack, bonus amazon unlock/upgrade code, no tax charged, free release day shipping, plus a 20 dollar credit to be used on any amazon.com future purchase? I'm down with that.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was enjoying the multi demo last week, and thinking I'd wait for it to hit $40 in a couple months, but then Amazon went and talked me into it. :roll:

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone else holding out for a drop on the Killzone LE? You just know that thing is going to drop in value since it's a giant box and Killzone is far more niche than Halo or most of the other 'mega' LE's that have come out in recent years (and before one of you goes all crazy about the term niche, be real Killzone has never had the same following as Call of Duty or Halo).

I think I'll grab Bulletstorm now with Gears and wait it out on Killzone, maybe Gamefly it bc I do want to play it but just feel like that LE will drop in a few months to a better price.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on doing the same thing for the last couple months--hold out on a big price drop on the limited...But it just hit me about 5 mins ago that I dont think Sony's LE ever really go on big clearance. I did a search for the GOWIII:UE and you cant get it cheap now--only for over $100.

Now I know most big box LEs drop very quickly but I cant recall another 1st party sony big box ever going that way. If anyone has a counter example please let me know, cause im thinking of pulling the trigger on a preorder this weekend.

[quote name='Blackjack13']Nope, Amazon doesn't have a physical ad. Best Buy doesn't price match Amazon either.[/QUOTE]

Must be a local thing for you, my local Best Buy price matches Amazon, Walmart.com, etc. The manager even said as long as it's a legit company they would price-match it.

[quote name='convergecrew']I was planning on doing the same thing for the last couple months--hold out on a big price drop on the limited...But it just hit me about 5 mins ago that I dont think Sony's LE ever really go on big clearance. I did a search for the GOWIII:UE and you cant get it cheap now--only for over $100.

Now I know most big box LEs drop very quickly but I cant recall another 1st party sony big box ever going that way. If anyone has a counter example please let me know, cause im thinking of pulling the trigger on a preorder this weekend.[/QUOTE]

The GOWIII:UE did make it down to 19.99 at TRU. Not sure about other retailers though.

[quote name='LordVila']The GOWIII:UE did make it down to 19.99 at TRU. Not sure about other retailers though.[/QUOTE]
19.99?
so how long did it take to drop that low?

bread's done
Back