Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro Preorder - GS Exclusive

FamedGuardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Posting as it’s own topic for those that don’t visit the Gs thread. Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro bundle announced today for the US and is a GameStop exclusive. Bundle comes with custom console, KH3 themed controller, physical copy of the game, and an exclusive PS4 theme/keyblade. Preorder page does not say Online Only, so you may be able to reserve one in-store.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/14/limited-edition-kingdom-hearts-iii-ps4-pro-bundle-launches-january-29/

Preorder link for $399 bundle
https://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-kingdom-hearts-iii-limited-edition-bundle-only-at-gamestop/171335

$469 Ultimate Fan bundle with The Story So Far and Mystery Box (specifically says Online Only)-
https://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-kingdom-hearts-iii-hardware-ultimate-fan-bundle/171342

[attachment=31484:A21CA1C7-8AA4-4FAA-99E8-A6ADBDA0E648.jpeg]

[attachment=31483:9EDE3CA8-282A-4062-85C9-6F0D8AED453B.jpeg]

[attachment=31485:E5D2F34B-60D3-416D-A73D-EFDB297B1CBC.jpeg]

[attachment=31486:95B1EF3D-FFD3-4CA9-9F14-3AF62644DEBB.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I should have jumped on the Japanese version for $512. This is going to be super rare. Any Hope's of a gamestop restock( what I was hoping for) is now gone :(

Someone on reddit is saying people are getting $20 gamestop gift cards after the cancellation emails, has anyone here gotten anything like that?

So according to reddit Gamestop gave a $25 coupon? Is this the case for everyone here as well? I'm guessing they really oversold, GS usually never give any incentives when they cancel your order.

The messed up part with Gamestop is who knows if there is any rhyme or reason for these cancellations? Like if they were cancelling the ones for in store pickup at least that would make sense. But with how they operate I don't put it passed them at all to cancel some of the first ones to order instead of last order up.

Then again being they literally knew how many units they were ordering/allocated when they signed this agreement to be the only carrier of this in the US - I don't know how they could have oversold this badly in the first place. It was only available for 1 hour, 1 day, and no other time did it come back in stock.

Tell me, how can they oversell? 

The PS4 500 million system was limited to 50,000 worldwide and sold at multiple retailers. so I can understand if they oversold the amount they thought they would get. The Kingdom Hearts 3 was supposedly exclusive to GameStop so could have asked Sony how much the production run would be and only sell that amount. If they didn't have the actual number when the preorders went up they still could have gotten it way before this week. This is not the airlines where they continually and purposely oversell their seats to make sure the plane is full at takeoff. These systems will sell. 

Considering they are the only US retailer for the system, how in the fuck do they oversell their allocation? lol Gamestop

I ordered within minutes of it being live on gamestop.com and just received my cancelation and $25 'we're sorry' screw you coupon. Extremely pissed and will be calling to complain, not that it'll do any good. Seems to be no rhyme or reason how they're canceling these so consider yourself lucky as hell if you get one.

I ordered within minutes of it being live on gamestop.com and just received my cancelation and $25 'we're sorry' screw you coupon. Extremely pissed and will be calling to complain, not that it'll do any good. Seems to be no rhyme or reason how they're canceling these so consider yourself lucky as hell if you get one.
Just canceled, as in within 30 minutes ago? So the cancellations are still going out?

Did you have a payment hold on your credit card? Trying to figure out if they’re canceling ones that even have holds.

... and you know what, saying they are cancelling the order due to an unforeseen issue is unacceptable. You know if it was Sony not coming through with the production numbers they stated, GS would outright blame them for it. But no, they won't admit they are dumb-ass greedy, bastards that oversold the pre-orders. I would have more respect for them if they did that.

Still on hold for a super but the rep stated anything ordered after the 13th was going to be cancelled. I told him it didn't go live until the 14th.

I am going to be so pissed if they cancel mine. I already sold my plain Pro this week at a significant discount just to get $260 to put towards paying for this one. So if they cancel and I get a $25 coupon i'm going to be taking a $140 L on this order all because Gamestop doesn't know how to take a set amount of orders.

And if they are now cancelling ones that people have the holds for the funds on their credit cards, that's an even bigger WTF.

And it's CRAZY to me they aren't cancelling the ones done in tore since multiple associates have confirmed that was never supposed to be an option and most stores weren't even offering it to people.

Still on hold for a super but the rep stated anything ordered after the 13th was going to be cancelled. I told him it didn't go live until the 14th.
LOL. "Yes this is Gamestop, we put the item up for sale 12/14 at 8:10 AM. We will be cancelling all orders not received on 12/13" Man F this.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see additional bundles up for sale in the next few days after all these cancellations.

A friend of mine order this. He hasent got a cancellation notice yet. But I told him watch even more expensive bundles show up right at release.

Lol I wonder how many people went to flip this and just for it canceled on them. Lots of negative Ebay feedback going to go out.

Gamestop Twitter just now:

Due to an error, we oversold on pre-orders for the LE Kingdom Hearts 3 PlayStation 4 Pro and, unfortunately, some orders had to be canceled. Guests who had an order canceled will receive a $25 Gift Coupon. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused.

Lol I wonder how many people went to flip this and just for it canceled on them. Lots of negative Ebay feedback going to go out.
LOL Dude I was wondering that also - I like to watch what things go for (I don't really sell anything on there though.) and there are a LOT less of these on E-Bay than there were this morning, I can only imagine how many had already sold that have since been cancelled and refunds will be taking place and everything. Not that I feel bad for the scalpers really.

Wow, this is terrible, I never expected this to happen.

Out of curiosity, if anybody does get the $25 gift coupon, can you let us know if its a generic ebc code please.

The question is, anyone with the overpriced super bundle they tried to use to get more items sold with this console have their order canceled? Or was it all the vanilla console orders?

Bet you the super bundle people are safe, GameStop strikes again!

The question is, anyone with the overpriced super bundle they tried to use to get more items sold with this console have their order canceled? Or was it all the vanilla console orders?

Bet you the super bundle people are safe, GameStop strikes again!
I bet it was the vanilla orders that got canned too. But if they were going to do that crap anyway, they should have just made all the orders bloated bundles.

When the LE 500 Million PS4 consoles were released, I could only get the bundle from GS. I just returned the headset that I didn't want from the bundle. (couldn't return the PSN 1-year membership or $75 PSN card, so I just redeemed those)

If they do offer a forced bundle, just return the items you don't want.

Order showing as processing now on GameStop.com but I don't feel I can put any stock in that since I recall orders constantly going from open to processing and vice versa

When the LE 500 Million PS4 consoles were released, I could only get the bundle from GS. I just returned the headset that I didn't want from the bundle. (couldn't return the PSN 1-year membership or $75 PSN card, so I just redeemed those)

If they do offer a forced bundle, just return the items you don't want.
Wow didn’t know it works like that at GameStop. Thought you would have to return the whole thing. How much was the console (not including the ps plus or pan card) once you returned the extra items

Wow didn’t know it works like that at GameStop. Thought you would have to return the whole thing. How much was the console (not including the ps plus or pan card) once you returned the extra items
Just the console was $500. Got $100 back for the LE headset. It was an expensive bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
For people that had their order cancelled, does the console still show active in preorders on the GS app? I didn’t get a cancellation, but the hold on my credit card is gone. Not sure if I still have an active order or not...

For people that had their order cancelled, does the console still show active in preorders on the GS app? I didn’t get a cancellation, but the hold on my credit card is gone. Not sure if I still have an active order or not...
This is normal, it will recharge when it ships. As long as you don't have an email I believe you are safe. And from what I heard all cancellations are done but I will believe that when it ships

bread's done
Back