Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix PS3 Fry's In-Store $19.99 AC - 10/08-10/13

xelhefex

CAGiversary!
Got an E-mail from Fry's this morning.

Offer is from 10/08/13 to 10/13/13

E-Mail subject line - "Exclusive Fall Savings Just for You!"
E-Mail fine print says-
"Bring your exclusive promo codes to the store and save!"

Promo code offers must be redeemed in-store. Not available online. One promo code per product per customer. Present the promo code to the cashier at the time of purchase. The promo codes are good for one time use only between 10/08/13 and 10/13/13. Cashier Instructions: Enter the PROMO CODE number into the Promo Code discount field. To access promo code discount field, press ALT-I and select PROMOTIONAL CODE DISCOUNT from the menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to BB in Burbank and got it pmed by showing the price tag from the OP's photo.
I also got Iron Man Blu-ray 3D for $21.96 after pm and $3 mfr coupon.

Also PMed here at Walmart using the photo. Then also traded in to Bestbuy and got 2 $20 PSN cards since they're doing that spend $50 get $10 back promo on PSN.

Went back to Fry's this morning with my email print out that had a used code and it worked with no problem. Not sure if they are still one time use or if the codes were reset but it worked a second time :) BTW i traded my first copy to best buy for $40, my intention was to get the limited edition from them but none of the 3 stores i went to had it so i got amazon cards :)
I live in the WoodHood xelhefex...Wonder if you're always beating me to finite quantities of CAG deals at that Fry's :) Didn't notice? Was the original tag still up there? I wonder if the code will work? Signed up for the e-mails but not sure the turnaround time.

Fry's customer service is awesome. Just got off the phone and the super nice customer service rep tried to see what they could do about sending me a promo code. However, after a while, he found out he couldn't generate a new one. He then told me that he had received one in his own personal email, but that he didn't have a PS3 anyway, so he forwarded me the one he received in his own personal e-mail. 

Now that's going above and beyond the usual customer service!

My Best Buy won't match this. They have to check the official website, and since it shows up as $39.99, it's not worth the gas money to even try.

I live in the WoodHood xelhefex...Wonder if you're always beating me to finite quantities of CAG deals at that Fry's :) Didn't notice? Was the original tag still up there? I wonder if the code will work? Signed up for the e-mails but not sure the turnaround time
The tag wasn't there anymore. Its actually been a while since i've been to fry's. There's still a bazillion copies at that location.

Had to try a couple of places but I got an PM at target :D 
Thank you so much xelhefex for posting the pictures up and posting the deal! :)
I used the picture  that shows the tag to PM. 

price matched this at my bestbuy, got 2 copies. The girl just glanced at it for a second and just asked what site it was. i replied "frys". she said. "damn, two games for the price of one, not bad"

sold one back to them for 40 and picked up Metal Gear Solid Legacy for 25 which was also price matched from frys.com. today is a good day. 

My BB wouldnt let me pricematch Frys.com because they aren't in NC.

Also seems my goodwill with them is low. People used to treat me good because I was a regular, and spent a lot with them (elite plus $3500 requirement) After the one time I tried to buy a Visa card and the manager ran up to cancel the transaction even though it went through, people have been acting funny towards me lately.

Instead of a valued customer, I'm treated like a thief or con man. Had to fight for a legit amazon PM today.

Also seems my goodwill with them is low. People used to treat me good because I was a regular, and spent a lot with them (elite plus $3500 requirement) After the one time I tried to buy a Visa card and the manager ran up to cancel the transaction even though it went through, people have been acting funny towards me lately.

Instead of a valued customer, I'm treated like a thief or con man. Had to fight for a legit amazon PM today.

I would take that up with Customer service or someone from corporate. not cool that the manager is acting that way. are they singling you out?

Does anyone have an image that shows that it last till the 29th. Doubt I'll be able to price match around here without that exact date. 

EDIT: Didn't see that the OP updated the post. I'm sure BestBuy will take that to price match. If anything, Walmart or Target should.

I managed to pick this up at the Alpharetta location, but after much confusion I'm guessing I was the last one.

i would trade my copy of kingdom hearts for a copy of rayman origins (ps3 or vita) if someone was interested. otherwise im trading it in. this game is sill as amazing as it was over 10 years ago :D

doc_j88, ask the manager what he's doing.

Frys.com can be price matched, but the B&M store cannot if you don't have one in your area. Frys.com is not a Frys B&M store, so you can price match that as long as you can show that you can order it online.

My thoughts exactly mask . Frys doesnt have a physical presence in my state but neither does amazon. The problem is I believe the manager has it out for me. Even the smallest and straight forward of PMs require a battle.

i would trade my copy of kingdom hearts for a copy of rayman origins (ps3 or vita) if someone was interested. otherwise im trading it in. this game is sill as amazing as it was over 10 years ago :D
CM Punk stars in Straight Edge Hearts, where he is the heart of the heartless.

Also coming soon is Straight Edge Hearts: Go to Sleep.

Showed the image at BB, but got rejected.

She looked at the website so she believed more that price than the picture. Anyway, I don't blame the girl. I guess she was right to reject the PM.

Wow that sucks bud. It's going to take awhile to either wait for a new manager to take over or patch things up. Your type of story is exactly what I'm afraid of happening to me someday.

I have a crazy amount of goodwill at my main BB store. Whenever I'm there they'll let me cut in line at customer service for game trades even though I don't ask. Whenever I PM stuff they never bother to check the competitor's website or even call even when stuff is even oos. I could literally walk into my store today and PM GTA V for $40 and they'd believe me without bothering to verify. They always just take my word for it. I get preorder swag whenever I come back in and ask and they don't even bother checking my preorder receipt even though I always bring it ready in hand. The manager knows me by name and is always nice to me whenever I stop by.

It's been tempting to abuse their goodwill but I've never crossed that line. I've held off about asking about PMing GC deals. I'll only go as far as to get PM's on out of stock items like at Newegg lately but I could never walk in and just make up a fake deal like GTA V and ask for a PM even though I know I could probably get away with it. I'm afraid the one day I do that, they catch me in lying and put me on their shit like yours has.

I just keep the bulk of my purchases and trade-in's at my main store and they just seem happy enough with me. Any returns I have I do them at my surrounding BB's and I stopped doing the VISA prepaid card transfer a couple of years ago entirely.

I lucked out.  BestBuy's site states the game is not available in stores.  So I called BestBuy.com and said I wanted to do a Price-Match at Fry's but that the website did not show the sale price, and you needed to use a promo code from an eMail.  After going around in circles with her as to why the promo code wasn't working on BestBuy's site (truly) she finally realized I was talking about a Fry's code and said she could only match it if it's displayed on the site or in stores.  I told her the stores were selling it for that price.  She said she'd have to call.  Put me on hold, came back and told me that Fry's told her that the only one for $19.99 was the 3DS one and they knew nothing of a promo code.  After using 20 minutes of my cell phone time, I said I gave up and I'd price match it at Walmart or Target.

I started heading to Walmart, but since BestBuy is on the way, I figured I'd stop in anyway.  Despite what the site said, they had many copies of the regular edition and one copy of the LE.  I grabbed the LE and headed to the register as I pulled up the OP on my phone.  Got there and told her I was doing a price match and showed her the picture of the eMail.  She said she couldn't do it because it was a promo code and could only do it for in-store prices.  I scrolled up a bit and showed her the picture of the in-store price.  She said okay and then started scrolling through the list of stores on her computer.  I pointed out Frys when she went past it (she thought the page said FYE) and then called called a manager over to authorize it.  Manager saw the picture of the in-store price and said "Wow, great deal" and authorized it.

Mind you, I live in New York, which is entirely across the country from the closest Frys.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get shot down in a minute. City of industry store is being difficult. This what I get for waiting until the last minute. Anyone have an extra code they can PM me?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get shot down in a minute. City of industry store is being difficult. This what I get for waiting until the last minute. Anyone have an extra code they can PM me?
I was able to get the price match today from the BB in City of Industry. I just showed them my email that I got and they gave me the PM. They werent going to do it at first after checking the price online but the manager was cool enough to let me have it for $19.99

I was able to get the price match today from the BB in City of Industry. I just showed them my email that I got and they gave me the PM. They werent going to do it at first after checking the price online but the manager was cool enough to let me have it for $19.99
I'll try that tomorrow then. Got your PM btw. Thanks bro.

Wow that sucks bud. It's going to take awhile to either wait for a new manager to take over or patch things up. Your type of story is exactly what I'm afraid of happening to me someday.
I have a crazy amount of goodwill at my main BB store. Whenever I'm there they'll let me cut in line at customer service for game trades even though I don't ask. Whenever I PM stuff they never bother to check the competitor's website or even call even when stuff is even oos. I could literally walk into my store today and PM GTA V for $40 and they'd believe me without bothering to verify. They always just take my word for it. I get preorder swag whenever I come back in and ask and they don't even bother checking my preorder receipt even though I always bring it ready in hand. The manager knows me by name and is always nice to me whenever I stop by.
It's been tempting to abuse their goodwill but I've never crossed that line. I've held off about asking about PMing GC deals. I'll only go as far as to get PM's on out of stock items like at Newegg lately but I could never walk in and just make up a fake deal like GTA V and ask for a PM even though I know I could probably get away with it. I'm afraid the one day I do that, they catch me in lying and put me on their shit like yours has.
I just keep the bulk of my purchases and trade-in's at my main store and they just seem happy enough with me. Any returns I have I do them at my surrounding BB's and I stopped doing the VISA prepaid card transfer a couple of years ago entirely.
The thing is I've never abused these guys. I buy everything from there. (microwave, ink, printer paper, tvs, games)

I rarely pm, because most of the good deals are from amazon, and I have enough credit with them. The time I mentioned was my first ever time getting a visa prepaid. Never heard of them until, CAG members mentioned it and buying it with no problem. I try it once and I and now im on their shit list. Seriously, if it was so bad why does the computer allow it to go through as a valid form of payment? I spend $3000 plus with these guys, wouldn't be safe to assume I'd use that money in their establishment?

The visa was never a major issue, I tried it just for the hell of it. If I had known my "fake" BB friends would turn on me I wouldn't have done it. In retrospect I'm glad it happened because now I see their true colors. And they can go #%*& themselves.

The thing is I've never abused these guys. I buy everything from there. (microwave, ink, printer paper, tvs, games)

I rarely pm, because most of the good deals are from amazon, and I have enough credit with them. The time I mentioned was my first ever time getting a visa prepaid. Never heard of them until, CAG members mentioned it and buying it with no problem. I try it once and I and now im on their shit list. Seriously, if it was so bad why does the computer allow it to go through as a valid form of payment? I spend $3000 plus with these guys, wouldn't be safe to assume I'd use that money in their establishment?

The visa was never a major issue, I tried it just for the hell of it. If I had known my "fake" BB friends would turn on me I wouldn't have done it. In retrospect I'm glad it happened because now I see their true colors. And they can go #%*& themselves.
If you can go to another city, then you should. I know I do. Heck, I want to go to a store in the OC when I'm in LAC.

There's no reason for you to keep supporting this particular store.

No go at our Wal-Mart - they checked with a manager and came back that they'd need a paper ad in order to PM.

The thing that's really pissing me off is that I subscribe to Fry's ads and didn't get this promo at all. :/

Its better to PM at walmart if there is a frys near you. Print out walmarts price match policy and highlight the section that states "the customer does not need the ad" or something like that. They cannot argue with that...and if they do try ask them to contact corporate about it. You can always bitch about them having false advertising about their price match policy.

Its better to PM at walmart if there is a frys near you. Print out walmarts price match policy and highlight the section that states "the customer does not need the ad" or something like that. They cannot argue with that...and if they do try ask them to contact corporate about it. You can always bitch about them having false advertising about their price match policy.
Will that really work? I once tried to PM a game from 39.99(walmart price) to 19.99(best buy price) but they turned me down by saying I actually needed the ad for something that had a 20 dollar difference.

If it makes anyone feel any better I've tried 1 best buy wednesday, 1 best buy and 1 target on thursday.  Wednesday the first best buy told me first that they didn't price match fry's, I argued fry's is a chain just like any other store, the argument changed to being about the promo code, I said it's in store only, promo code is the same as a coupon we dont match promo code offers.  Target only matches the ad if it comes from the newspaper, no internet print outs or internet brought up on phone.  The alternate Best Buy argued that this is similar to their deal of the day sale so they wont match it. Overall I'm pretty disappointed, looks like I'll be waiting until black friday for this price.

I lucked out. I got the LE version (book version) price matched at Target for $19.99. I just showed them the picture in the OP. Pretty happy.

I pmed at Best Buy. I printed out op's pictures just to make it look like I had received in an email and the cashier pm'ed and manager just approved it without really looking. 

I got one PMed at Walmart. The person in electronics didn't really think she could PM it with it being a printed ad off of my email (cmon, it's 2013) but she was hopeful a manager could so she walked me customer service. What I got to experience there was pure gold. The customer service rep said two immediate "no"s. First she said, "We don't PM Frys". Then she said, "We also don't PM online sales." When I pointed out that it was an in-store ad she went strait back to, "We don't PM Frys".

So the person from electronics took the ad from her hands and shoved it into the assistant manager walking by and said, "Can we price match for the customer? Do we price match Frys?" The assistant manager said, "Price match it for him." The CSR then started to argue with the assistant manager and it almost ended in the CSM getting fired.

My favorite line came from the assistant manager: "There is a Frys just miles from here so they are a competitor. Now PM the game because I said so!"

Now I'm somewhat a traditional person, and I've always felt that customer service has gone the way of the dodo recently. This made me feel hopeful for it's return.

This has possibly been asked and answered already, but I don't have a chance in heck of PMing this at my local BBY (or Walmart) if I don't have a local Fry's around, do I?

I got one PMed at Walmart. The person in electronics didn't really think she could PM it with it being a printed ad off of my email (cmon, it's 2013) but she was hopeful a manager could so she walked me customer service. What I got to experience there was pure gold. The customer service rep said two immediate "no"s. First she said, "We don't PM Frys". Then she said, "We also don't PM online sales." When I pointed out that it was an in-store ad she went strait back to, "We don't PM Frys".

So the person from electronics took the ad from her hands and shoved it into the assistant manager walking by and said, "Can we price match for the customer? Do we price match Frys?" The assistant manager said, "Price match it for him." The CSR then started to argue with the assistant manager and it almost ended in the CSM getting fired.

My favorite line came from the assistant manager: "There is a Frys just miles from here so they are a competitor. Now PM the game because I said so!"

Now I'm somewhat a traditional person, and I've always felt that customer service has gone the way of the dodo recently. This made me feel hopeful for it's return.
No one at Walmart wants to PM games. Because they don't know their policy, they try to turn you down quickly. In you example, you were elegible because you had a frys.com near you.

Like you said this is 2013, most stores don't have ads anymore so most stuff is done by e-mail/online so I'm still surprised they don't even know we don't need printed ads anymore to PM(it's on their policy). That said, when I say to them I don't need an ad to PM BB, which is a few miles away, they still ask where in the world I am getting that "I don't need an ad to PM" idea so when I tell them it's in their policy they still dare to ask where did I get that in a tone they think I'm lying. Worse thing, I do that everything I go with the electronics guy(always the same guy) and I have to tell him where to go take the game when I want to PM w/o an ad everytime I go. Basically, I'm doing his job.

bread's done
Back