Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix PS3 Fry's In-Store $19.99 AC - 10/08-10/13

xelhefex

CAGiversary!
Got an E-mail from Fry's this morning.

Offer is from 10/08/13 to 10/13/13

E-Mail subject line - "Exclusive Fall Savings Just for You!"
E-Mail fine print says-
"Bring your exclusive promo codes to the store and save!"

Promo code offers must be redeemed in-store. Not available online. One promo code per product per customer. Present the promo code to the cashier at the time of purchase. The promo codes are good for one time use only between 10/08/13 and 10/13/13. Cashier Instructions: Enter the PROMO CODE number into the Promo Code discount field. To access promo code discount field, press ALT-I and select PROMOTIONAL CODE DISCOUNT from the menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work near the Woodland Hills location that OP had already said he had success without needing the code (which I don't have). Might have to swing by after work today and check it out. 

Best of all, I believe this location is the Alice in Wonderland themed one. 

I'm nowhere near a Fry's, but I printed out what was on here. I tried Target first, but no go; however, BB was no problem. I was going to get it at Gamestop for about $27.50, used, this is soooo much better.. Thanks OP

How does this game look graphics wise? Is it just a PS2 with the resolution bumped up or did they actually make noticeable changes.

Just stopped by the Woodland Hills location to see if I could get it cheap without the code.

It price checked at the normal $39.99 :(

Confirmed at the Milton/Alpharetta Fry's in GA as of 11:45 this morning. A manager/supervisor had to approve it though - the tag on the actual game listed full MSRP. The shelf tag listed discounted price.

In case it helps anyone out, the Wilsonville, OR Fry's does NOT have the $19.99 tag up, or at least didn't as of last night. Plenty of copies left, but I'd imagine you'll need the promo code for the deal.

I'm nowhere near a Fry's, but I printed out what was on here. I tried Target first, but no go; however, BB was no problem. I was going to get it at Gamestop for about $27.50, used, this is soooo much better.. Thanks OP
what did you show them

I was able to price match at my bb with the picture on my phone. I think they pulled up the online site and made sure the numbers were correct in the back room. They came back and said ok, however I do always buy something at this bb so they know me here pretty well so that might have a factor in me getting the price match.

Yup, no $20 sign.

I was able to get the price with a code print-out.
An actual usable code, or just a print-out of someone else's ad? I'm going to try the Palo Alto store tomorrow. I haven't been able to track down a code though, so I'll be rolling the dice that they have the $19.99 price tag on the shelf.

I was able to price match at my bb with the picture on my phone. I think they pulled up the online site and made sure the numbers were correct in the back room. They came back and said ok, however I do always buy something at this bb so they know me here pretty well so that might have a factor in me getting the price match.
What online site did they pull up? I can't find anything on frys.com that shows this promo.

Thanks!

-Sean

6zEVwIP.jpg

Is that the regular version or artbook?
I just want to repost this picture. It helped me score a price match. My advice is to go to the front of the store to a regular cashier and show them the picture. Point out the date of expiration and the bar code. The cashier will just pricdmatch and th manager just ok'd it without even looking. Good luck!

Edit: This was at best buy.

An actual usable code, or just a print-out of someone else's ad? I'm going to try the Palo Alto store tomorrow. I haven't been able to track down a code though, so I'll be rolling the dice that they have the $19.99 price tag on the shelf.
I added images of my e-mail to the original post with the codes i got. You can pretend that you don't know why they don't work in case it doesn't work on their system.

In case it helps anyone out, the Wilsonville, OR Fry's does NOT have the $19.99 tag up, or at least didn't as of last night. Plenty of copies left, but I'd imagine you'll need the promo code for the deal.
Damn... Thanks, though - you just saved me a trip. Of course I don't have the email even though I buy stuff from them all the time. I have a store pickup order that is going to expire but it was for such a cheap thing that I wasn't going to go up there unless I could also get KH. Meh...

What online site did they pull up? I can't find anything on frys.com that shows this promo.

Thanks!

-Sean
the PLU on the online site and picture I showed the same as just posted match and confirms this price is 19.99 in-store for frys that is all they needed. There was no limited editions around and I think I got the last normal copy. All I did while trading in a game ask if they will price match frys they said they did I showed them the picture of it and he said let me talk to my manager and see what we can do. They were in the back room behind the flaps of geeksquad and it looks like he was zooming in my picture as they were looking at the computer. Only thing I could think is that they are looking at the plu code numbers. My frys is 20 mins away from where I live I just told the guy I really wanted to get the game fry's is having a sale I don't really want to drive out there unless I have to.

Thanks!

-Sean
As far as I could tell, they could not get the code to work, they did a manual adjustment I think?

There is no tag at the PA store, don't waste your time.

How does this game look graphics wise? Is it just a PS2 with the resolution bumped up or did they actually make noticeable changes.
Noticeable changes, looks really good in HD. Beat KH1 Final Mix from the HD collection so far, if you've never played the Final Mix version (USA/EU never got it, was JPN only) you'll also notice some differences/add-ons/changes with the game itself, in a good way.

Ahaha i think its been posted online. Im gonna try PM BB after work i guess
Well pass it along then, eh? :) All I've found is the tag picture here of course, and a little tiny screencap of just the KH1.5 part of the email. Would need the whole email to take in and play dumb about why the unique code doesn't work. edit: Nevermind, just saw the OP over at SD has now posted a screenshot of the entire email.

Either way, Fry's got what they wanted, I've re-signed up for their weekly email list and won't shove it in my spam folder this time!

K7GPQxc.jpg

PM'd at Best Buy. The awesome cashier just asked me what store and I told her, showed her OP's picture also, and someone came to clear it and I got it!

How many times can you use this code? I got the email and used it once yesterday. Was thinking of trying it again today. Anyone able to use the same code twice?

How many times can you use this code? I got the email and used it once yesterday. Was thinking of trying it again today. Anyone able to use the same code twice?
one per code. Whether they actually enforce it, that's another thing. But terms clearly state 1 use

Just a heads up, this currently trades into Best Buy after promo for $40 ... in case any of you are into that sort of thing ...
i definitely took advtg of it, i realized by the time i get to it, its gonna drop to the ten twenty retail sale range, so took my copy to bby, 42 bucks after unlocked bonus. good ass flip. will wait for forty dollar sale on gta 5 so i can score for twenty bucks essentially

Was able to PM at Best Buy in Salt Lake City as well, even though we don't have Fry's in Utah.

Just went up to the front cashier area with the game and the picture and ask if they PM'd Fry's.  The cashier had heard of it and said it's a cool store.  Found it on his list and put in the PM price.  He checked the price on Fry's website which was $39.99, and I told him it was an in-store only deal.  He said OK, called a manager to come over and override it.  Manager paid attention for about 2 seconds while putting in his code, and I got it for $21.xx.

So thanks Wario (I think) for posting the pic.  :)

Thanks for the email picture OP.  Basically got denied since there was nothing stating it was Frys when I went earlier today.  Now with that email, it should be easy to pricematch.

A year ago some of you would call me crazy, but I PM'ed this tonight at target of all places. I know I know... last year they wouldn't PM a best buy right next door to them without a paper ad, and now they're PM'ing amazon and other online retailers!

Scored the LE for $20 and also picked up the VHS combo of VHS2 at FYE. Good day!

A year ago some of you would call me crazy, but I PM'ed this tonight at target of all places. I know I know... last year they wouldn't PM a best buy right next door to them without a paper ad, and now they're PM'ing amazon and other online retailers!

Scored the LE for $20 and also picked up the VHS combo of VHS2 at FYE. Good day!
Very lucky since others already got shot down at Target.

WOW, BB must be trying to go out of business.  I bought this yesterday for $20, and got $42 today, by trading it in.  Then I bought another new one for $20.  That's a $2 profit and the game.  I don't know how they can give a straight $20 trade for a $40 game, When Diablo 3, a $60 game is only worth $17. 

I went to the Fry's in Burbank yesterday and I got shot down. They took down the tag already so it wasn't marked "19.99". I showed them the picture that the OP posted. They said "Oh that must be a mistake. Hold on one sec." The sales rep calls I don't know who. 3 minutes later he's off the phone and tells me "Yea that was a mistake made by corporate and I can't sell you that game at that price." Then I head over to Best Buy and try my luck there. They ended up calling Fry's and hearing the same story. Ugh lol 

I went to the Fry's in Burbank yesterday and I got shot down. They took down the tag already so it wasn't marked "19.99". I showed them the picture that the OP posted. They said "Oh that must be a mistake. Hold on one sec." The sales rep calls I don't know who. 3 minutes later he's off the phone and tells me "Yea that was a mistake made by corporate and I can't sell you that game at that price." Then I head over to Best Buy and try my luck there. They ended up calling Fry's and hearing the same story. Ugh lol
Sorry to hear that! When I was there, they grabbed the tag off the shelf, but I presumed it was just to confirm it at customer service. At no point during my price adjustment process did they ever indicate that it was an error. I guess we do kind of know the truth, but it sucks that Fry's is trying to make its customers jump through hoops to get this sale price.

[quote name="Duncanzits" post="11090537" timestamp="1380214944"]
to those who price matched at best buy... did you show them the tag picture or also the email printed out?[/quote]
Price tag on the shelf.. If they don't believe you they can go online and see that frys lists the plu codes the same on the tag and online listing.. Then say it's only in store.. Also someone said the upcs will be the same in the picture and on the game so you could try that.

Went back to Fry's this morning with my email print out that had a used code and it worked with no problem. Not sure if they are still one time use or if the codes were reset but it worked a second time :) BTW i traded my first copy to best buy for $40, my intention was to get the limited edition from them but none of the 3 stores i went to had it so i got amazon cards :)

Went back to Fry's this morning with my email print out that had a used code and it worked with no problem. Not sure if they are still one time use or if the codes were reset but it worked a second time :) BTW i traded my first copy to best buy for $40, my intention was to get the limited edition from them but none of the 3 stores i went to had it so i got amazon cards :)
Can you show me whcih one u used? gonna try again. then try BB

Can you show me whcih one u used? gonna try again. then try BB
WOO HOO :D just got this priced matched at BB during my lunch break. Thanks to OP for posting the e-mail coupon. Benartmao all I did was print the e-mail coupon and went to the electronics section and ask they guy there if they had the game in stock since it was not on the shelf. He tells me oh yeah I just saw it in the back and goes and brings me a copy. He asks me if that was all I was purchasing he could ring me up there and then. I then ask him if they price match fry's because I had that email coupon which said it was on sale in store for $19.99. He takes a look at it and says sure don't see why not. Call manager over for over ride and I was out of there with my game. Guy seem super chilled and helpful. Hope others are able to get this as well.

bread's done
Back