Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360/PS3) $44.99 at Newegg (TRU match)

I talked to another Support person and I got the full $15 credit after I purchase the game again and email them the order once it ships.

but another pain has come up, I ordered it again with my $40 gift card I used originally and the order is still not showing up in neweggs system, but I got an email 15 minutes after i ordered giving me an order number and the total sum of $64.

So right now I am just waiting until tomorrow to see if the order will show up with my gift card applied. then everything should be set.

Still a huge pain considering I ordered it again maybe 1 hour after they cancelled my original order due to shortage.

[quote name='GBAstar']You're doing it wrong then.

How is possible to preorder a game from Amazon and wait two weeks to not get a game?

I mean holy crap they ship it out before release date; wouldn't a lightbulb be turning on in your head if it was release day and you hadn't gotten a shipping confirmation?

I absolutely disagree with your amazon assessment; I've preoreder over 100 games from there in the last few years and have NEVER had a problem besides a few not arriving until they day after release. I mean they've even honored preorders where the was a listing error and I got it for significantly cheaper.

I like Newegg and I haven't had many problems with them but they've goofed on a few things this last year[/QUOTE]
I got a shipping confirmation, said it shipped on the tracker. A few days later, I called amazon, told me to wait another week. Finally after two weeks I got the game. The shipping was not release date, it was FSSS because I didn't need the games day one, nor did I want to pay for shipping.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218070p1.html

From the IGN review of the 360 version:

In testing the game on Xbox 360, I played with the game installed on the hard drive. This is the recommended way to play if you're going to play on Xbox 360, as it cuts down load times in particular. Texture pop-in seems slightly worse on 360 in comparison to the PS3 version, even with the game installed, though it wasn't at all disruptive in terms of my enjoyment of the game.

[quote name='GBAstar']You're doing it wrong then.

How is possible to preorder a game from Amazon and wait two weeks to not get a game?

I mean holy crap they ship it out before release date; wouldn't a lightbulb be turning on in your head if it was release day and you hadn't gotten a shipping confirmation?

I absolutely disagree with your amazon assessment; I've preoreder over 100 games from there in the last few years and have NEVER had a problem besides a few not arriving until they day after release. I mean they've even honored preorders where the was a listing error and I got it for significantly cheaper.

I like Newegg and I haven't had many problems with them but they've goofed on a few things this last year[/QUOTE]

Amazons policy is to wait two weeks for the game/item to show up.
Figure that UPS/USPS has it lost and gives them that much time to find the order.
Happened to me, though they did reship out a new copy of my game right away and was told to refuse the missing one if it did show up.
Missing one never showed...

[quote name='KtMack23']This sounds great lol why would this be bad[/QUOTE]

The only reason it's bad is if you really, really just want to play the game when it comes out. If you don't mind the gamble, then hells yeah, my faux scenario would be quite nice. That's what happened to me with Force unleashed 2, actually.

My copy got shipped today, shipping from California which sucks. Was hoping NJ, would of gotten my copy Tuesday. Oh well, can't wait for my copy to arrive.

Mine is coming from NJ, but I'm expecting it on wednesday. which is fine as I can't do anything on tuesday anyways.

And for all complaints about Newegg, I haven't had a problem with them about anything, from components to games. Fast, free shipping and useful CS all around.

[quote name='Bercelak']It's probably amazon that's messing around with newegg's orders for lost pre-orders! :p[/QUOTE]

No its EA. They paid off NE shipping department like they paid for reviews.

In all honesty this sounds like its totally fubar if they are just cancelling order or down sizing. Thats complete crap.

Semi-off topic. But my friend called and confirmed he got my copy of the game signed by both Schilling and Salvatore!!!! Also got a copy of Vector Prime signed by Salvatore as well. So excited to get the game! First time I've paid $60 for a new release in years, but this was so worth it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Semi-off topic. But my friend called and confirmed he got my copy of the game signed by both Schilling and Salvatore!!!! Also got a copy of Vector Prime signed by Salvatore as well. So excited to get the game! First time I've paid $60 for a new release in years, but this was so worth it.[/QUOTE]

I"m very jealous! That's awesome... MA is a five hour drive for me but I seriously considered making the trip.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']This is still 44.99 at ToysRUs. Is it the same price In-store? If not, will they price match off their own website?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. I'm hoping that either A) The in-store pick up option becomes available or B) They'll PM of the website.

I think chances are good they will if the price stays at $44.99 because unless I'm missing something obvious I don't see it state "ONLINE ONLY" anywhere on the page.

In fact I was going to try and get a PM at either Walmart or Best Buy but my local stores are super anal about this type of thing and they won't price match unless it is in a physical ad (print outs don't work).

Thankfully that GS is like 20 min from his house. When my friend got there Salvatore was just arriving and I was on the phone with my friend. So I told him to ask him why he killed...someone in Vector Prime. RA said Lucas (perhaps he meant LucasArts/Books) made him do it. I was giddy like a little school girl.

In-store pick up is available again at BB:

LINK

It appears you'll still get the DLC too as it is still on the product page.

I wonder if you could call Best Buy tomorrow and try to get them to PM Tru after you placed an order...

TRU does still have it at 44.99 but store pick up is not an option. What I would do for sure is take a screen shot of the website to have on your smart phone when you go to B&M stores. Ive show this as walmart and after an employee wouldnt match I asked a manager and they allowed it.

New Egg is just about to permanently lose my pre-order business. I placed an order several days ago for one 360 version, and it is still on "Hold", and now they list it as Out of Stock on the item page. I was under the impression that the only problems were with those that had ordered multiples, I guess not. I'm ok with not getting it delivered on release day, but I am NOT ok with them taking pre-orders above their initial allotments. Their system should have a hard stop on allowing pre-orders when their initial shipment order runs out. They know how many they have ordered, and the only answer that makes this ok is "EA sent us a lot less than they said they would", in which case I expect an email telling me exactly that well in advance (because they received them last week, like most stores). Instead it appears they continued to happily collect pre-orders.

It's not the delay that bothers me, its the thought that they believe they can lock down their orders that they know they cannot fulfill on release so they can try and prevent you from going to their competitors that didn't oversell their allotment. And this isn't the first time it has happened with New Egg for me. I've been happy with them in general in the past, but if they cannot be straight with me, then I won't buy from them. I'm reasonable, I just expect honesty.

Alright, called a Toys R Us in Ohio, and they have it for 59.99 in store, but the woman on the phone said they WILL price match the 44.99 in the store, so it could be YMMV, but it sounds like it could be policy them matching off their website.

[quote name='defpally']New Egg is just about to permanently lose my pre-order business. I placed an order several days ago for one 360 version, and it is still on "Hold", and now they list it as Out of Stock on the item page. I was under the impression that the only problems were with those that had ordered multiples, I guess not. I'm ok with not getting it delivered on release day, but I am NOT ok with them taking pre-orders above their initial allotments. Their system should have a hard stop on allowing pre-orders when their initial shipment order runs out. They know how many they have ordered, and the only answer that makes this ok is "EA sent us a lot less than they said they would", in which case I expect an email telling me exactly that well in advance (because they received them last week, like most stores). Instead it appears they continued to happily collect pre-orders.

It's not the delay that bothers me, its the thought that they believe they can lock down their orders that they know they cannot fulfill on release so they can try and prevent you from going to their competitors that didn't oversell their allotment. And this isn't the first time it has happened with New Egg for me. I've been happy with them in general in the past, but if they cannot be straight with me, then I won't buy from them. I'm reasonable, I just expect honesty.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and go on Live chat with them and tell them. Their Live Chat is awesome, it's not like Amazon where you mostly deal with people from India. You might get something in return for free and if not, at least they would be aware of the situation. I got it for the PS3, mine got shipped right away. It looks like everyone beasted on the 360 version. Glad I went ahead with the PS3, I was back and fourth with the 360 or PS3 version.

Another note about the Toys R Us pickup, they said that it says Online Only when you click on the Video Games page, however, it does not say Online Only on Amalur's page, so they said they would make an exception.

So if you get turned down, you can mention this.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Another note about the Toys R Us pickup, they said that it says Online Only when you click on the Video Games page, however, it does not say Online Only on Amalur's page, so they said they would make an exception.

So if you get turned down, you can mention this.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I got my TRU to PM the website and picked up a copy of each version (PS3, 360) for $44.99 each.

This is obviously YMMV but the lady told me that as long as it doesn't say "ONLINE ONLY" which it clearly does not they will do it.

I would hurry and try before the adjust the price on the website. Also keep in mind that the PS3 version says backordered so they might deny you on that.

If it helps I told her I would have ordered online but TRU shipping is so slow (which is true) and I was on vacation and really wanted to play with my friends (not true but who is counting)

ON ANOTHER NOTE

RE Revelations is ringing up at $49.99. You do get the $10 GC but I was sure it was going to ring up at $39.99 with the gift card. I didn't realize I paid $49.99 till I was out in the car and I didn't have a print out of hte online price. I will try going back tonight and see if they can give me $10 back.

Also they didn't have any cases in store

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Mine has arrived from Amazon. Has anyone who preordered from Amazon gotten their DLC code yet?[/QUOTE]

My brother went with Amazon while I went with Newegg. He hasn't gotten his DLC yet either. Typically when I order through Amazon I get it early the morning of release day (like 5AM)

Pretty frustrated. My bank is still telling me there is nothing wrong with my debit card and bank account and Newegg is still telling me there is nothing wrong with my information for my card, but the authorization is declined every single time. What the fuck!

And since there doesn't appear to be anything wrong to them, they can't tell me what the problem is so I can avoid this in the future. I placed the pre-order at the same time as my Street Fighter X Tekken pre-order and I am going to be pretty upset if that one doesn't go through...

EDIT: If only they could switch the payment to paypal... But they won't offer the pre-order price to me for a new order and they cannot switch the payment method. My bank is calling Visa right now, but I'm probably not going to be getting this game. And with my luck, probably no SFxTekken either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my copy before noon on launch day, I'm rather happy with NewEgg right now. This was a great deal experience all the way through for me.

Got in a little late on this deal, placed my order on Sunday. NewEgg charged my card yesterday and shipped it out today.

While I was there, I took advantage of the exact same deal for SSX - $44.99 preorder price, no tax, free shipping.

Pretty happy with NewEgg right now. I ordered the MW3 LE console a few weeks ago when they had it on special for $299.99 ($50 less than everywhere else at the time). When I tried to order it, there was some kind of system error that wouldn't allow my order to go through. I sent them a message about it. The next morning, my order went through fine. About two days later, I get an email from NewEgg that gave me a $20 refund due to the inconvenience of my order not being processed right away.

It seems the $20 gaming coupons that used to be almost guaranteed with a preorder are a thing of the past; if that's the case, I'll be looking for more deals like this one in the future.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Pretty frustrated. My bank is still telling me there is nothing wrong with my debit card and bank account and Newegg is still telling me there is nothing wrong with my information for my card, but the authorization is declined every single time. What the fuck!

And since there doesn't appear to be anything wrong to them, they can't tell me what the problem is so I can avoid this in the future. I placed the pre-order at the same time as my Street Fighter X Tekken pre-order and I am going to be pretty upset if that one doesn't go through...

EDIT: If only they could switch the payment to paypal... But they won't offer the pre-order price to me for a new order and they cannot switch the payment method. My bank is calling Visa right now, but I'm probably not going to be getting this game. And with my luck, probably no SFxTekken either.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks. I'd just keep working it with NewEgg, maybe get someone higher on the Customer Service tier and say look, I've done everything right, I'll send you paypal right now, or a check/money order. The right person won't be dumb enough to turn down your money. Also point out if you've ever bought from NewEgg before and that you've never had this issue before. It's the bank's error, not yours. If you're in a store and the card declines, you pay through a different method, why should this be any different? All they'd have to do is ring up a new custom order for $45 using your paypal. Ugh, sounds very frustrating. Hope it works out.

[quote name='pwnthee']That really sucks. I'd just keep working it with NewEgg, maybe get someone higher on the Customer Service tier and say look, I've done everything right, I'll send you paypal right now, or a check/money order. The right person won't be dumb enough to turn down your money. Also point out if you've ever bought from NewEgg before and that you've never had this issue before. It's the bank's error, not yours. If you're in a store and the card declines, you pay through a different method, why should this be any different? All they'd have to do is ring up a new custom order for $45 using your paypal. Ugh, sounds very frustrating. Hope it works out.[/QUOTE]
I just got a call back from my bank.
They told me earlier they would call the card company (Visa) and inquire. Apparently they were told that Newegg is being blocked from purchases due to fraudulent activity. It sounds weird to me, but the bank kept telling me it was a possibility yesterday and they confirmed it today. I can't imagine that everyone with a Visa is unable to buy from Newegg right now, so I don't know how they do it or how it works.
But apparently there is a block in place on Newegg due to fraudlant activity and Visa will not let the transaction go through.

WTF?
I'm just going to go either order from TRU or put the money on a debit card for a bank I don't use much and keep the Newegg order. And I have to wait and see if the block is lifted by the time SFxTekken comes out.

Edit: And my order for The Darkness II just shipped from Buy.com, so it's something between Visa and Newegg then. Obviously not my bank.
This is my first time buying from Buy though. Kinda disappointed my $20 in points won't post for two weeks. I could use them right now to get Amalur for $40 if they were available.

So i kept my order with Amazon.com for the release day shipping due to being at work all 10 hours a day next 4 so.. i was like What the hell i want to play it today.. GO FIGURE Amazon does not send it release day shipping and it wont be here till wed night.. IT was the only reason i stayed with Amazon for the order... In chat with them now.

Chat update: In a translation from Support person Azun "Tough shit Scooter!"

Has anyone's copy from TRU been sent out? Curious how long their shipping is, still tempted to buy it there since there no TRU locally to try the pm.

[quote name='Foladar']Has anyone's copy from TRU been sent out? Curious how long their shipping is, still tempted to buy it there since there no TRU locally to try the pm.[/QUOTE]
It seems like mine could ship today. I haven't been charged yet, but my status is "items located".

Welp, not gonna order from TRU now. Almost $4 tax takes it up to $49.XX. While not bad and still cheaper than MSRP, I want to pay $45 for it.
The Newegg deal was great for those who got in on it.
I'll just make do with my backlog and The Darkness II when it gets here. There'll be a sale on this game by the end of the month more than likely.

Weird. I chatted with customer service today, because I ordered on friday, my card was charged yesterday, and nothing since then. I was told it should ship today, or tomorrow, but I was told that it definitely hadn't shipped already.

I'll have to contact them again, I guess, because even though it definitely hasn't shipped yet, it just got delivered.

I know I'm a CAG, but why did I preorder from TRU? =(

Shoulda known this was a bad idea when it didn't offer site-to-store

Just got an email from newegg my first cancelled order was credited back and my new order placed yesterday has now shipped, now i just have to email the support rep to have the $15 credited afterwards.

a major pain, but hopefully it works out the same.

[quote name='sjc1279']I just got it for $44.99 at BestBuy PM with ToysRus. Good deal!![/QUOTE]

Sweet I am going to try and get my Best Buy to do the same they are usually pretty good at PMing other stores. I have a GC at BB I want to get rid of. Although I have twisted metal next week too. :/ I may just wait for TM to hit the sub 30 before I buy.

Doesn't Bestbuy only match the price if its in the ad? I looked on ToysRus.com at the sale ad and its not in there. I know it shows $44.99 when you search for it, but I'm just curious. Does Target price match? And if they do, would it have to be an actual ad as well?

TRU wouldn't price match, I spoke with a "manager" but they said they only PM the "List Price", they won't match the "Our Price".

Happily, nearby, BB matched the website without thinking twice about it.

[quote name='krashhole']Wondering if I should take my unopened copy of Dark Souls back, pay the difference, and get this. Hmmmmm[/QUOTE]

thats the worst decision you can make

Dark Souls is the greatest game in the last 10 years.

[quote name='urallgyots']thats the worst decision you can make

Dark Souls is the greatest game in the last 10 years.[/QUOTE]

Hands down I loved dark souls. I even debated about picking up another copy for my PS3 since you can invade Japanese players after my xbox died for the 4th time I made the switch. I do think dark souls and KoAR are vastly different even though both have rpg aspects to the game.

[quote name='krashhole']Doesn't Bestbuy only match the price if its in the ad? I looked on ToysRus.com at the sale ad and its not in there. I know it shows $44.99 when you search for it, but I'm just curious. Does Target price match? And if they do, would it have to be an actual ad as well?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on the BB. The one near me has been pretty good about it. They are supposed to call to the store to see if it is in stock to PM it. But the last few games I had PM'd there they didn't even bother to call the store they just pulled up TRU website and said sure we can PM it. I always take the games to the customer service desk and have them do it over there.

Good to see some of you are getting KoA today from NewEgg. Hopefully my Soulcalibur V fiasco with them was a one-time thing.

I totally forgot about Best Buy price matching. Just went, and picked it up. No problem, Best Buy always price matches the web site, at least mine does. Thanks for reminding me.

Never pre-ordering games from NewEgg again. This was my first attempt since they had the lowest price along with TRU. They charged my credit card yesterday but a copy hasn't shipped yet, so I just opened up a chat with them. I found out they'll be canceling my order and crediting my credit card. Once it's back in stock, I can check with them and see if they'll honor the $45 price again. Total crap IMO. They shouldn't take more pre-orders than what they can fulfill.

I'll just wait for it to go on sale somewhere. I really wish Kmart was still doing deals or Amazon did something for this game.

[quote name='urallgyots']thats the worst decision you can make

Dark Souls is the greatest game in the last 10 years.[/QUOTE] This is what I am concerned about. I don't want to make the wrong decision. However, I played the demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and it's not bad. Sadly though, I don't think it's for me. I enjoy games like Castlevania LOS, and Dantes inferno, but I had a very hard time getting into games like the elder scrolls series. Why couldn't there have been a demo for Dark Souls!

bread's done
Back