Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

Tried to PM with Best Buy over the phone. Lady was very nice but thorough, so I didn't get it. She even tried to pull it up on her phone but tried to actually buy it so no dice. She knew beforehand that a lot of KMart stuff is sold out.

how can you do a store pickup, there is no option to even search?
You enter your zip code. If it's in stock and you add to cart it'll allow you to do so. In cart it'll show you the store that has it.

EDIT: VICTORY!

Employees were dumbfounded that it was even in the store and the price. Was nice and easy and used $10 in rewards to get it for $15. Didn't see any other games in the store though. I assume this is the last of it at this store.

uYIYf2n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried a vast majority of places in NYC. Target, BB, TRU. No Walmart in NYC so I couldnt find out. Most places already knew about it and denied it. Mostly because it was OOS, etc. If someone has an extra 3DS or PS4 and willing to sell it for a reasonable price please PM me.

I got a $200 PS4 on my first try at Best Buy!!!!! 

Wish this "deal"  had been sooner and I wouldn't have gotten in on that dang X1/TV bundle....

Well, 11am MST and got shot down at BB. Guy I talked to on the floor knew what I was talking about when I asked if they match Kmart prices. He said it was a scam. Did a Gears preorder, so I asked the cashier. He was ready to go until he got on his headset and asked for a PS4. Just my luck, the guy I talked to on the floor was on the other end of the headset. Oh well didn't really need another one,

I feel exactly the same way...but somehow I am compelled to keep reading this thread.
Same. Its such a joy to watch. Wonder if Kmart did this on purpose to cause the drama to unfold.

Might run out to try to PM Splatoon, but I have no need for another console. I already have 2 XLs and 2 N3DSXLs lol

Well, 11am MST and got shot down at BB. Guy I talked to on the floor knew what I was talking about when I asked if they match Kmart prices. He said it was a scam. Did a Gears preorder, so I asked the cashier. He was ready to go until he got on his headset and asked for a PS4. Just my luck, the guy I talked to on the floor was on the other end of the headset. Oh well didn't really need another one,
Lmao, was the moment as awkward as it sounds?

Meh. No go on the 3DS. Doubt I would have had a chance if I did it yesterday, too. Security guy at BB and managers at Target and Walmart already knew what I was talking about as soon as I said "Do you guys price match Kmart?"

Got splatoon matched at bb. They were well aware of the ps4 and almost didn't do the splatoon but the cashier checked his phone and got the ok.

Walmart would have if they had just the PS4. I then realized that I don't need these, lol. I could resell them but I don't want to deal with that right now.

Lmao, was the moment as awkward as it sounds?
Not really. Guy I talked to on the floor just told the cashier that they don't pricematch Kmart through the headset. He knew it was me, and I'm sure he is going to tell the employees what an asshole I
am. I'm fine with that☺

OK, so tried a couple Walmart's last night... no go... Went to a Toysrus and Best Buy in my town today...no go... But then I contemplated going to the town over (~15 mins). Feeling defeated, I said why not? 

Got a PS4 Batman Bundle for $200.00 at Walmart.

Employee and I waited a bit for a supervisor. Supervisor came over put her key in, and didn't seem to care at all.

Got Splatoon PMed at BB, thanks OP. The BB was pandemonium with MA tax free weekend, so I got waved through with the PM to keep the checkout lines moving. I thought of going back for a PS4, but I figured I'd be pushing my luck.

rofl this thread is all about the PM, my friend. No replacement kicks necessary. :p

Also, for those asking: I'm not sure whether it was in stock at my local Kmart during the time I was pricematching at BestBuy. Closest Kmart is in the North Raleigh area anyway. They just glanced at page on my phone and okayed it with the manager. And, to the CS rep's surprise, an override wasn't even needed for the N3DS XL. I never actually saw the manager since she never had to leave left her office.

I'm fairly certain the system would require an override for $200 off on the PS4 though lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Splatoon PMed at BB, thanks OP. The BB was pandemonium with MA tax free weekend, so I got waved through with the PM to keep the checkout lines moving. I thought of going back for a PS4, but I figured I'd be pushing my luck.
Where in MA? Tried at the Holyoke BB just now but it was out of stock :(

Ps4 is out of stock at kmart, does this affect price matching?
Yes but the mobile site still shows the add to cart button if you use a direct link. It's possible and probably unethical since you would have to deceive an employee into giving a price match on a non instock item, but I did it successfully at a best buy with the 3ds.

Well I would think its only a matter of time before a company wide memo is put out and shuts this down because bestbuy and walmart sites are getting hammered...

my BB won't honor it because the guy always has check the link on his computer :/
Same at my store. Not going to drive all over town just to see if I can get it. Would be nice if I can score the deal locally, but not in need of a 3DS. I'm not even bothering with the PS4. That seems like an even slimmer chance.

Gonna go cut my grass then I guess I'll try PMing a 3DS

Don't really need another ps4 since I cherish the one I've got since I get to look at Batman while I play

Well I would think its only a matter of time before a company wide memo is put out and shuts this down because bestbuy and walmart sites are getting hammered...
Best buy already has. Keep in mind the policy states that it has to be in stock to match. So if anyone actually gets this done, be sure to thank the manager doing it because he would be within policy to say no

Yes but the mobile site still shows the add to cart button if you use a direct link. It's possible and probably unethical since you would have to deceive an employee into giving a price match on a non instock item, but I did it successfully at a best buy with the 3ds.
I wouldn't consider it being deceitful. If you look just a little above the Add To Cart button it does state that the item is not available on mobile devices. If the employee actually bothers to fully read the entire page they should see that and then deny the sale at that point. You would only be deceiving them if you tried to cover it up in some way. However, even if you say nothing and just show the add, it probably could still be considered unethical since you know it is out of stock and are still trying to get the price match.

So can we say the deal is dead. Chances of PM'ing this today and later are null as the K-mart glitch will be on mass memos across the country. Should've taken advantage yesterday when it was hot off the press

Went to Walmart and the cashier tried checking it out because "they ship it" so that was a no-go. Went to Bestbuy and said I want to price match the N3DS and he called the manager and asked "do we price match K-mart?" She said yes, I got it and left. Took 3 minutes of my time and I left a happier man.

bread's done
Back