Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']Does anyone know how manys posts you have to have before you can send PM's?[/QUOTE]

If you're trying to PM Josh, you can't. Use his e-mail address that's listed in the first post of this thread.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How am I confused? I didn't list the steps necessary to get the deal, but, uh, yes, the deal I listed is possible. Not sure why people feel it necessary to call me out when it was simply the fact that I knew about the 7 day adjustment window (when I thought it was being discussed quite frequently here in this thread)[/QUOTE]

It's not the "7 day adjustment window" people are talking about. I think you're still confused.

[quote name='Arakias']Mayhap he's confused. The deal is (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=8603&t=2598989)
[/QUOTE]
Why are you linking to a SD thread talking about Kmart when you're in the Kmart thread?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Sorry, I have a coupon I really have to use (well not have to, but damn it I got to)

How am I confused? I didn't list the steps necessary to get the deal, but, uh, yes, the deal I listed is possible. Not sure why people feel it necessary to call me out when it was simply the fact that I knew about the 7 day adjustment window (when I thought it was being discussed quite frequently here in this thread)[/QUOTE]
I still dont get how you can get LBP2 + ME2 + $20 point card when the deal is buy Dead Space 2 and get the $20 PSN card. And yeah everyones going to be trying for the adjustment now that it's front page on SD.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I still dont get how you can get LBP2 + ME2 + $20 point card when the deal is buy Dead Space 2 and get the $20 PSN card. And yeah everyones going to be trying for the adjustment now that it's front page on SD.[/QUOTE]
Oh, that part is my bad. I got my offers mixed up. For some reason, I swore the offer was for Little Big Planet 2. Whoopsies daisy?

[quote name='ninjowned']Man, the only bad thing about living in Bellevue is that the closest Kmart is a little north of Seattle (and the employees are always clueless when I go there).

I almost miss Bellingham for the fact that Kmart was close and the electronics section was pretty knowledgeable. I'm not up North until the 5th, but I may have to make the trek to the Seattle Kmart just for this deal.

Thanks for putting the time into these updates![/QUOTE]

Please tell me about your experiences whenever you get the chance. I also have to resort to the Seattle branch, which ends up being a hassle for its location and employees unaware of these deals. I always have to explain to the cashier which game I'm referring to and these deals. Best of luck!

I'm worried about being able to get a copy of DS2 now because it's on the front page of slickdeals. Anyone know how early kmart usually gets their games in?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I'm worried about being able to get a copy of DS2 now because it's on the front page of slickdeals. Anyone know how early kmart usually gets their games in?[/QUOTE]

Josh has said that DS2 is already in the stores. If they're not on the shelf, ask someone to go in the back to get it, if they claim to not have gotten the shipment, I'd let them know that you know for a fact that they have it.

[quote name='jer7583']Wii lag lol.

Extraction was great on Wii. I'm just saying so few people own move, don't go out and buy a move for this game. If you have a wii buy it on there. It's not going to be any different.[/QUOTE]

I've played multiple light gun games on both my Wii and with Move. Responsiveness is noticeably and considerably better with Move, to the point that I hope they release some more of the better light gun wii game as ports. Add in better graphics, and yes, i think it's safe to say it's going to be a better experience.

I was hoping to get ME2 and DS2 for the PS3 sometime next week for $74. However, with SD plastering DS2 deals on their site, I'm worried I might not find a copy of DS2 next week. Should I do what SD suggests and get both games and a psn card this week AND return next week to get ME2 price-matched as well?

Josh, can't get The Sly Cooper Collection back down to $20? Missed the sale the first time around as it sold out at my local stores. For some reason I've been hankering to play this even with the huge backlog.

Dang I just bought the god of war psp bundle at the beginning of the month too. Oh well two worlds here I come.

does anyone plan on buying two worlds 2"? if so can you plz pm me your psn id so becuase i imported mine and i wanted to know if the trophies for the us version are seperate from my import,
thanks

Just got back from West side K-mart in Bloominton, IN.

Little Big Planet 2 + Dead Space 2 + 1600 points card for $90 plus tax. No issues with the items being rung up.

1600 point card was at the front of the store with other gift cards (they were out of stock in the electronics section) and the new releases weren't up but she went and found it in the back. Awesome deals... K-mart has been my gaming place of choice since these threads started appearing.

[quote name='dino88']Why are you linking to a SD thread talking about Kmart when you're in the Kmart thread?[/QUOTE]

Why cant I? I copied and pasted their text, so I felt I should link to it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oh, that part is my bad. I got my offers mixed up. For some reason, I swore the offer was for Little Big Planet 2. Whoopsies daisy?[/QUOTE]

See? I called it - he made a simple mistake - get off his back folks.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How am I confused? I didn't list the steps necessary to get the deal, but, uh, yes, the deal I listed is possible. Not sure why people feel it necessary to call me out when it was simply the fact that I knew about the 7 day adjustment window (when I thought it was being discussed quite frequently here in this thread)[/QUOTE]

Hmm... already resolved here thanks to others. As I said, I called it.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Oh man, 3 DLC weapon/suit packs for DS2 on the xbox marketplace at 400 a pop.[/QUOTE]

I might buy one or two, but would never taint my first playthrough, haha.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I might buy one or two, but would never taint my first playthrough, haha.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. Just thinking of what to buy with those 1600 points :p To me the Supernova pack seems the best as it has damage and reload boosts for the plasma cutter.

Just went to my local Super K. They had never heard of Dead Space 2 but tried to pass Dead Rising 2 off on me multiple times. They looked around in the boxes around the register and sent someone to the back, but couldn't find it. I showed them their circular and that they were supposed to have it today, but they said they must have not received it. Now I remember why I haven't stepped foot in that place in a decade.

Oh well, I guess I will try another one on my lunch break.

[quote name='Arakias']Why cant I? I copied and pasted their text, so I felt I should link to it.
[/QUOTE]
Because the deal has been discussed in this very thread for the past week or so. What new information does your link to another site provide? Nothing.

Just came back from my local store. Got LBP2, DS2, the PSN card and used my last $20 January coupon and got all for $73.88. Awesome! Thanks Josh for making deals like this one happen.

I couldn't find any 1600 XBox Live point cards in the Kmart in Mishawaka, IN, either in the electronic section or by the front of the store. (They had the 4000 point cards stocked in the electronics section.) Is there a way to check if they have any in inventory?

I stopped by very briefly this morning on my way to work, and since I couldn't find the point cards and DS2 wasn't even in the case yet, I walked right out. I might stop by again after work, if there's a chance that there will be point cards there.

[quote name='dedgeu2']Just came back from my local store. Got LBP2, DS2, the PSN card and used my last $20 January coupon and got all for $73.88. Awesome! Thanks Josh for making deals like this one happen.[/QUOTE]

Any issues or overrides needed for the coupon or did it go through with no problems?

If not that's great news and I have a home for my last $10 coupon!

[quote name='Hedgethorn']I couldn't find any 1600 XBox Live point cards in the Kmart in Mishawaka, IN, either in the electronic section or by the front of the store. (They had the 4000 point cards stocked in the electronics section.) Is there a way to check if they have any in inventory?

I stopped by very briefly this morning on my way to work, and since I couldn't find the point cards and DS2 wasn't even in the case yet, I walked right out. I might stop by again after work, if there's a chance that there will be point cards there.[/QUOTE]

Josh has said to email him and he will get you the point card.

phew... i sent my wife in to grab the deal. i thought the worst but she was able to get LBP2 + DS2 + $20 PSN card without issue for $96 total.

thanks for the great deal!

[quote name='jer7583']Wii lag lol.

Extraction was great on Wii. I'm just saying so few people own move, don't go out and buy a move for this game. If you have a wii buy it on there. It's not going to be any different.[/QUOTE]

I have a lag, and rail shooters on the Wii. The controls lag. What's so funny about that? I don't notice any input lag playing Time Crisis on the Move, on the other hand.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Any issues or overrides needed for the coupon or did it go through with no problems?

If not that's great news and I have a home for my last $10 coupon![/QUOTE]

No issues whatsoever. I made the Kmart worker scan LBP2 first, then DS2, then the PSN card. Once that was over, I handed over my coupon and he scanned it and it registered.

Going to the k-mart close to my work whenever I get out of work today. Hopefully I get done by 4:30 but I might be here to 6 or later. Hopefully they have both ME2 and DS2.

Went in and got DS2 before classes today, but it took the manager almost a half hour to find the deal on the blog even though I showed it to him on my iPhone. Kind of a buzzkill visit this time around, and the manager said he had no idea about the specials.

[quote name='mjc819']Went in and got DS2 before classes today, but it took the manager almost a half hour to find the deal on the blog even though I showed it to him on my iPhone. Kind of a buzzkill visit this time around, and the manager said he had no idea about the specials.[/QUOTE]

Why did the manager need to know? Did they not ring up correctly?

If my stuff doesn't ring up correctly should I just buy it anyway? Can SHC-Gamer give me a credit?

[quote name='tranceFusion']Why did the manager need to know? Did they not ring up correctly?

If my stuff doesn't ring up correctly should I just buy it anyway? Can SHC-Gamer give me a credit?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I will help. If the deal is not ringing up correctly (which it should be) just buy Dead Space 2 and email me and I'll take care of the rest.

I'm just going to post the Two World II DLC. Since it is not unique it's just a matter of time anyway and I'd rather be the one giving it than someone else (it may already be out there).

1775-3623-3298-1928
3654-0091-3399-0994

Only issue is that I don't know which is for what system just yet as they are not marked with the system. I'll call them now.

had no issues picking up LBP2+ DS2 with the PSN card. for 95$ Tho the employee did a double take when he saw the total price.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm just going to post the Two World II DLC. Since it is not unique it's just a matter of time anyway and I'd rather be the one giving it than someone else (it may already be out there).

1775-3623-3298-1928 (Have at it)[/QUOTE]

Is that a PS3 code or a general one that has to be redeemed on their website?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm just going to post the Two World II DLC. Since it is not unique it's just a matter of time anyway and I'd rather be the one giving it than someone else (it may already be out there).

1775-3623-3298-1928
3654-0091-3399-0994

Only issue is that I don't know which is for what system just yet as they are not marked with the system. I'll call them now.[/QUOTE]
None of those are PS3 codes...

No XBOX 1600 points found at store 4451; I went ahead and made my purchase anyway, hit me up with a PM if you can. (NM, emailing directly.)

Store manager and customer service tried but no luck.

[quote name='Jason28']Josh has said to email him and he will get you the point card.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't give ya a $20 psn card or xbox point card... He said a giftcard, which means you will have to shop at shitty kmart or sears again.

This turned me off from this deal, just going to go in on the 30th and get things done.

On that note, if anyone went to their store but couldn't find a xbox card, I'd be willing to pick up an xbox card and trade ya for a psn card. Just pm me before noon pst

[quote name='TheLounge']He doesn't give ya a $20 psn card or xbox point card... He said a giftcard, which means you will have to shop at shitty kmart or sears again. [/QUOTE]

I sometimes wonder if some of you people had any upbringing at all.

This isn't fair. I have the worst kmart ever in Cary, NC. I went in and they didn't have lbp2 in the case. Then told me they don't carry it. Cards were nowhere to be found either. I have never had luck at my local kmart getting these blog deals.

Sigh

You must have a nice kmart and/or sears.

I'm sure you have a dislike for a store that has screwed ya over a few times. If not, find one that takes 40+ mins to get to, make sure they have a horrible staff, and make sure you wont get the deal you're looking for cause the staff is uninformed.

I've already given Josh plenty of praise, and he's a great guy who tries his best. Doesn't change the fact that every sears or kmart that I've been to in the past 5-10 years has been filled with horrible staffing.

Luckily I've only run into 3 deals (since 2007) that I haven't been able to pass up, with bad luck on 2 of them due to poorly trained staff that doesn't give a flying fuck.

I passed on the DS2 deal this week with Kmart, I totally forgot I had ordered Dead Space 2 from ea.com last March when I was able to get it for $41.68 total after shipping, game came yesterday while I was at work! So far I've only done 3 chapters, the game is GOOD, but not incredible like the first one was for me, at least not yet. And the game is NOWHERE near as scary as the first game, much more action focused. =P

Also to go along with the 3 DLC packs you can buy now (I'm gonna wait and see more details on these before getting them) EA also announced there will be a new 2 Chapter Story DLC that has you playing as a security guard. The DLC is called Dead Space 2: Severed, here are the details: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/25/dead-space-2-dlc-severed-adds-two-single-player-chapters-brin/

[quote name='TheLounge']
I've already given Josh plenty of praise, and he's a great guy who tries his best. Doesn't change the fact that every sears or kmart that I've been to in the past 5-10 years has been filled with horrible staffing.
[/QUOTE]

I really don't blame this on the staffing. I am not going to expect a minimum-wage-making elderly grandma to know about Dead Space 2 deals on her own.

I worked at Walmart as a teenager and headquarters delivered notices to the stores when hot products came out, and the managers gave these notices in the morning meetings and left them by all the registers so the employees would know. Then they specially marked shipments of any products which were to be displayed on a specific date or when they were expecting high sales due to an advertised promotion, so receiving would get them out on the floor first. They would also specify where these products needed to be placed (end cap closest to electronics register, etc).

Kmart could do the same thing.. but clearly they don't.

Picked up Dead Space 2 for Xbox, Mass Effect 2 for PS3, and a $20 PSN card. Everything was ready to go and rang up properly.

The only thing is I wish I could have gotten the PS3 version of Dead Space 2. I wanted to sell that Ser Isaac code that comes with the Xbox/PC version only though so had to go with Xbox version.

Burned again.

So I go into my Kmart on lunch and head over to the game section. Hmmmm no xbox live cards. No problem I think, Josh will take care of it and I'll just pick up the game. I look in the case and the only new game was Two Worlds 2 (PS3). So I proceed to ask the lady in the section if they have Dead Space 2. She told me that the lady that runs the section is on lunch and if they had it she would have already put it out. I politely ask if someone could check out back. They do and say they dont have it. When it comes down to it I realize its my fault. You know the saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I didnt learn my lesson from the Resonance of Fate sale that my store only had active for the last day.

I didnt learn my lesson from Enslaved not printing a coupon.

I didnt learn my lesson from my stores not getting Apache and NBA Jam during the week they had coupons.

I didnt learn my lesson from NFS:Hot Pursuit not being there on release day.

I certainly learned my lesson today with Dead Space 2.

Sorry for the rant but enough is enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of Dragon Quest V going on sale or clearance? My Kmart has 5 copies sitting there but I dont feel like paying $40 each for em.

[quote name='tranceFusion']I really don't blame this on the staffing. I am not going to expect a minimum-wage-making elderly grandma to know about Dead Space 2 deals on her own.

Kmart could do the same thing.. but clearly they don't.[/QUOTE]

I wish it was an old lady, then I could feel bad. My experience yesterday was horrible all throughout the store, except the greeter/kart kid. He was the only one that gave a shit enough to help me out.

I went to electronics, no one to be found, walked around/looking for cards for like 30 mins, came back and still no one around. Went to customer service to see if she had a way to check stock, she was a giant cunt and told me to talk to electronics (lol). So on my way out, I saw the kid who was actually nice to me when I walked in. I asked him if he knew of a way I could check stock on something. He overhead paged the electronics kid, and when I finally got back there guess who could be found.

It was some 19 year old punk kid that looked gangster (had some kinda cheek tat? Never seen it before, but it was where the bandaid usually goes and had some intials.

Anyways, could tell the kid didn't give a shit. The deeper the conversation went, the more I wish I just walked out earlier.

[quote name='confoosious']I sometimes wonder if some of you people had any upbringing at all.[/QUOTE]
That's funny. I've thought this very same thing about you. :D

[quote name='Vader582']That's funny. I've thought this very same thing about you. :D[/QUOTE]
Owned.

Probably me too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back