Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burbank, CA Kmart: went early this morning, after waiting 20 minutes while the guy checked stock (and right off the bat he mentioned that a lot of people had been asking for it) he came back empty-handed, saying that they didn't get the shipment in. They had a few PSN cards, but only one 360 card, so I supposed that'll be gone by the time I go back. I'll search through the thread, but can you get the 360 version with a PSN card, or do the systems have to match up?

edited to add: from people's postings here, seems like you can mix and match. Thanks!

[quote name='Altanis']Really?

You're really asking this? You haven't even read the OP have you?

There's no problem with constructive criticism. However, the post we're talking about was not constructive- it was simply someone bitching about their store and saying that "it's no wonder [they] haven't been in the store in a decade" (to paraphrase). How is that relevant at all? MOST of us hadn't been inside a Kmart for years prior to Josh starting these deals. It's not an award category, so I'm not sure why people find it relevant.[/QUOTE]
Atlantis, if it's possible for you to do so without anger or frustration, can you let me know what it is from the original post that I'm missing concerning stacking offers? I read the original post and couldn't find an answer, thus why I asked.

[quote name='Dranakin']Actually, I'm just looking for the PSP sale.[/QUOTE]
Well, then I wish you luck. In 3 Kmarts I am yet to find a DS Lite or a PSP. May you have better luck. :)

[quote name='affa'][head explodes][/QUOTE]

Hey, that's my job!

watch
watch

I doubt anyone gets this reference.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']How is that abusing the system? Price adjustment is an official policy of K-Mart....way before these deals started.[/QUOTE]

You know as well as I do that the price adjustment policy of K-Mart was not instituted with bundled or B1G1 promotions that occur the week before in mind. I never said it was technically wrong according to their policy, but that is EXACTLY what makes it abusing the system. Finding a loophole certainly isn't stealing, but it is abusing and can certainly keep the number of quality deals down in the future.

[quote name='affa']But you'll repost an obvious scam from SD to Josh's thread?

[head explodes][/QUOTE]

I think he is looking for rep points or something.

[quote name='guermo']Atlantis, if it's possible for you to do so without anger or frustration, can you let me know what it is from the original post that I'm missing concerning stacking offers? I read the original post and couldn't find an answer, thus why I asked.[/QUOTE]
If you must ask, it simply takes some very basic comprehension of how this week is between Jan 15 and Feb 12, and how promos work. Well, that and the fact that about 50 people have asked the same thing as you.

Also, it's A-L-T, not A-T-L. Yes, it bugs me.

[quote name='affa']But you'll repost an obvious scam from SD to Josh's thread?

[head explodes][/QUOTE]

You think that people actually read posts? They can't even read the OP... Would have been lost in the dust a long time ago, if you guys didn't keep bringing it back up for more to see.

Also, I mostly posted it to show the incompetence of kmart...

To Altanis, he added an extra t too =P Might as well change your name since everyone callsl you atlantis anyways

[quote name='TheLounge']You think that people actually read posts? They can't even read the OP... Would have been lost in the dust a long time ago, if you guys didn't keep bringing it back up for more to see.

Also, I mostly posted it to show the incompetence of kmart...

To Altanis, he added an extra t too =P Might as well change your name since everyone callsl you atlantis anyways[/QUOTE]

seriously? I'll be the nice person and ask you very politely to get the fuck out of this thread, please..... you obviously wanted to stir up a hornets nest with you're stupid linking to slickdeals and now you continue to do it with you post trying to defend your self for not looking like a damn douch...

[quote name='Altanis']If you must ask, it simply takes some very basic comprehension of how this week is between Jan 15 and Feb 12, and how promos work. Well, that and the fact that about 50 people have asked the same thing as you.

Also, it's A-L-T, not A-T-L. Yes, it bugs me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the non-frustrated response, ALTlantis!

thanks for your replies everyone.

brought the games back and told them to ring it up WITH the PSN card and it worked like a charm. Great deal! Thanks kmart! Employees just need some better training...

Okay I'm in the middle of a place I'm not familiar with, I got the two games and psn card to the register and It comes up 130 bucks. It only rings up the psn card free and not DS2 half off when I'm trying to purchase it with ME2. Customer service was nice enough to rescan the same thing again but it doesnt work! What do I do? I want to win something out of this long trip but can anyone help? Thanks

[quote name='sasuke543']Okay I'm in the middle of a place I'm not familiar with, I got the two games and psn card to the register and It comes up 130 bucks. It only rings up the psn card free and not DS2 half off when I'm trying to purchase it with ME2. Customer service was nice enough to rescan the same thing again but it doesnt work! What do I do? I want to win something out of this long trip but can anyone help? Thanks[/QUOTE]

mass effect 2 probably has to rung up first , then ds2 then psn. Only thing I can think of.

[quote name='edson13']mass effect 2 probably has to rung up first , then ds2 then psn. Only thing I can think of.[/QUOTE]
Same here. That's the only thing I can think of as well. Maybe that's it?

Unless that store isn't doing the promotion for some other reason.

[quote name='edson13']mass effect 2 probably has to rung up first , then ds2 then psn. Only thing I can think of.[/QUOTE]

They rung up me2 first and there was no sign of ds2 being slashed half off what to do what to do :(

[quote name='sasuke543']They rung up me2 first and there was no sign of ds2 being slashed half off what to do what to do :([/QUOTE]

This is probably a stupid question, but did you make sure to get the PS3 version of ME2 and not the Xbox version?

I have been keeping up with customer almost real time today via email. If you are having any troubles feel free to shoot me a line.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have been keeping up with customer emails almost real time today via email. If you are having any troubles feel free to shoot me a line.[/QUOTE]

Can you possibly help me out on my last post? I'm trying to get the deal at the kmart in Sherman way San fernando valley

[quote name='da_man1980']This is probably a stupid question, but did you make sure to get the PS3 version of ME2 and not the Xbox version?[/QUOTE]
was thinking the same thing

[quote name='sasuke543']Can you possibly help me out on my last post? I'm trying to get the deal at the kmart in Sherman way San fernando valley[/QUOTE]
Yeppers, just need an email for internal reasons.

[quote name='da_man1980']This is probably a stupid question, but did you make sure to get the PS3 version of ME2 and not the Xbox version?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is clearly the ps3 version

Firstly everything worked fine in Montgomery IL but they only had 1 XBOX360 card...plenty of PS3 cards around.

Next yes Mass effect was run up first. I did get DS2 at 50% off and the free xb360 $20 points card.

There were about 6-8 copies of the games in store....very few DS1 copies left.

Someone claims they called Kmart.com and got them to pricematch for the $10 online price mistake in the circular. This was very YMMC if true at all since kmart/sears online do not match the store prices or circular...according to research i found online and the CS agent.

Lastly thank you to Kmarts employees instore and the website for your hard work. You have greatly impressed me with the new effort into securing my business....

and finally...I deleted my diatribe about some of the rudeness and cheapskating Im reading here and on SD. With Kmart employees actively reading this thread I think civility should be MUCH more apparent than it is. Isn't half off a game enough? I guess not....

[quote name='sasuke543']Can you possibly help me out on my last post? I'm trying to get the deal at the kmart in Sherman way San fernando valley[/QUOTE]

the only other thing i can think of is that the store hasnt rebooted their systems?

[quote name='medetron']the only other thing i can think of is that the store hasnt rebooted their systems?[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm thinking.

Just wanted to thank everyone who updates the sales on this thread.

My closest KMart is about 10 miles away but for some reason, doesn't have its flyers in the Sunday paper. So I never see the deals unless I look here.

Wasn't able to grab the $9.99 copy of Dead Space from K-Mart (the electronics employee that I spoke with yesterday claims they only got 4 copies and they went on Sunday) but I was able to PM it (thanks to all the flyers being at the front of the store) to Wally World.

[quote name='sasuke543']Just emailed you Josh! :)[/QUOTE]
I may have just emailed you back asking for more details :)

Unless I haven't received it yet. May be a case of bad timing. Since I get a few emails a day it's tough to match up everything without some pertinent data.

Talk to ya later!

Gonna send you an email Josh, but just an FYI, the Kmart in Jefferson City MO rang up Two Worlds II for $59.99, I couldn't convince them otherwise since it was not in the paper ad. Told them I would go ahead and purchase it, but I might be bringing it back for a price adjustment later if it got taken care of, so incoming email. :)

[quote name='TheLounge']I was simply reposting what I saw on SD, didn't find the ad. Josh is a great guy, great attitude, and the world needs more retail customer service type people like him.[/QUOTE]
I think Josh is a great guy and I'm going to show my appreciation by posting a scam (defined for argument's sake as the exploitation of a false promotion through the circumvention of store policy) that will intentionally hurt his bottom line and jeopardize the very deals I'm praising him for doing. If you don't think it hurts Josh then you have no right to wonder why coupons went away (hint: people abused the shit out of them without considering the consequences. Does that sound familiar?)

[quote name='TheLounge']Also, to Altanis, you're still arguing the same wrong thing. Not every single retail employee/manager adheres to company policy. Maybe in Atlantis/Utopia worlds, but not here and certainly not at kmart.[/QUOTE]
Because Kmart does not always follow store policy, it's ok to not follow it either and scam them. (Here's a fun play-at-home game for you folks: fill in different morally wrong actions into the same statement and see the logic fall apart -- in real time! Here's mine: because some people commit adultery, it's ok if I commit adultery too. Now if you're stating the scam only works because some employee does not follow policy and allows it to go through, you've defeated your own argument by admitting it should not work, is not within the bounds of the deal, and requires both lying and fraud to work by bypassing store policy and passing off a known error, and a stupid one to try and pass off at that, as the true sale. Either way your point is invalidated.)

[quote name='TheLounge']I wasn't saying everyone could replicate this deal, just put it out there for those who like to approach deals differently to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying everyone can get in on stealing this priceless artifact from the museum, I'm just saying the guards change shifts at midnight and you can scale the fence to the northeast. I'm just putting it out there for anyone who wants to go the extra mile. (If you take that comprison at literal face value then you were tragically born without a sense of humor or understanding of satire. I say this only to head off the inevitable reply stating I'm wrong because the two aren't equal, blah blah.)

[quote name='TheLounge']I haven't ripped off a company once, nor will I.[/QUOTE]
Because I didn't use it, it was ok to post it so others could do the very thing I'm explicitly stating I'm not doing, even though having to point out I didn't do it implies I shouldn't have and undermines my argument that it wasn't a scam.

EDIT: Let me be clear: I'm not trying to dump on you particularly. I'm trying to argue against logic that I've seen many places elsewhere that justify some action or another, and I felt compelled to respond with something pointing out those flaws. These are not a personal attack on you per se, as much as a satirical deconstruction of what you've said.

[quote name='Vacabck']Gonna send you an email Josh, but just an FYI, the Kmart in Jefferson City MO rang up Two Worlds II for $59.99, I couldn't convince them otherwise since it was not in the paper ad. Told them I would go ahead and purchase it, but I might be bringing it back for a price adjustment later if it got taken care of, so incoming email. :)[/QUOTE]

1-30 Two Worlds II $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)

Why would you need to email him about a sale that hasn't started yet?

[quote name='Vacabck']Gonna send you an email Josh, but just an FYI, the Kmart in Jefferson City MO rang up Two Worlds II for $59.99, I couldn't convince them otherwise since it was not in the paper ad. Told them I would go ahead and purchase it, but I might be bringing it back for a price adjustment later if it got taken care of, so incoming email. :)[/QUOTE]

:360::ps3:1-30 Two Worlds II $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
not on sale yet. price will go down starting from the 30th

Hey bud, the Two Worlds II offer doesn't start until 1/30 unfortunately. I'm very sorry.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hey bud, the Two Worlds II offer doesn't start until 1/30 unfortunately. I'm very sorry.[/QUOTE]

Was it always that way? Am I complete idiot? Either way, thanks for the quick reply, guess I gotta decide whether to eat the $20 or take it back and buy it again this weekend.

Thanks!

[quote name='Vacabck']Was it always that way? Am I complete idiot? Either way, thanks for the quick reply, guess I gotta decide whether to eat the $20 or take it back and buy it again this weekend.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Just take your receipt back before next Tuesday and get a price adjustment like I plan to do. :D

Anyway, picked up :360: Dead Space 2 w/1600 MS Points and :360: Two Worlds II with no issues at the Bridgeton, MO store. They are out of PSN cards though and the 1600 point cards are in the front of the store on the gift card rack for anyone in the area.

[quote name='Altanis']If you must ask, it simply takes some very basic comprehension of how this week is between Jan 15 and Feb 12, and how promos work. Well, that and the fact that about 50 people have asked the same thing as you.

Also, it's A-L-T, not A-T-L. Yes, it bugs me.[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the misspell, ALTanis. I'm not sure that you really answered my question regarding what I missed in the OP about stacking deals, though. Someone else was nice enough to just answer my original question without being so pretentious.

[quote name='Killbomb']Just take your receipt back before next Tuesday and get a price adjustment like I plan to do. :D

[/QUOTE]

Yup, gonna give it a try that way myself, just feel like a dipshit for missing that, lol.

Picked up Little Big Planet 2 today and got Dead Space 2 half off along with a $20 PSN Card. Amazing deal! The employee working in electronics knew nothing about the deal, but he heard me out and it rang up perfectly fine. He says he has some friends he needs to tell about this, as do I, so the word is spreading! This is the first purchase I've made at Kmart in years and I hope to be making more in the future if great deals like this keep coming. :D Thanks for the deal.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I think Josh is a great guy and I'm going to show my appreciation by posting a scam (defined for argument's sake as the exploitation of a false promotion through the circumvention of store policy) that will intentionally hurt his bottom line and jeopardize the very deals I'm praising him for doing. If you don't think it hurts Josh then you have no right to wonder why coupons went away (hint: people abused the shit out of them without considering the consequences. Does that sound familiar?)

Because Kmart does not always follow store policy, it's ok to not follow it either and scam them. (Here's a fun play-at-home game for you folks: fill in different morally wrong actions into the same statement and see the logic fall apart -- in real time! Here's mine: because some people commit adultery, it's ok if I commit adultery too. Now if you're stating the scam only works because some employee does not follow policy and allows it to go through, you've defeated your own argument by admitting it should not work, is not within the bounds of the deal, and requires both lying and fraud to work by bypassing store policy and passing off a known error, and a stupid one to try and pass off at that, as the true sale. Either way your point is invalidated.)

I'm not saying everyone can get in on stealing this priceless artifact from the museum, I'm just saying the guards change shifts at midnight and you can scale the fence to the northeast. I'm just putting it out there for anyone who wants to go the extra mile. (If you take that comprison at literal face value then you were tragically born without a sense of humor or understanding of satire. I say this only to head off the inevitable reply stating I'm wrong because the two aren't equal, blah blah.)

Because I didn't use it, it was ok to post it so others could do the very thing I'm explicitly stating I'm not doing, even though having to point out I didn't do it implies I shouldn't have and undermines my argument that it wasn't a scam.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Let me be clear: I'm not trying to dump on you particularly. I'm trying to argue against logic that I've seen many places elsewhere that justify some action or another, and I felt compelled to respond with something pointing out those flaws. These are not a personal attack on you per se, as much as a satirical deconstruction of what you've said.

[quote name='darthballz']Wasted about 45 minutes during my lunch break going to Kmart in West Babylon, NY for DS2. Isn't this a somewhat high profile game?[/QUOTE]
Feel free to shoot me a note with details, I did fire off your comment to the store manager though.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Feel free to shoot me a note with details, I did fire off your comment to the store manager though.[/QUOTE]
Hey, Josh. I wanted to bring a potential problem to your attention regarding the price-picture discrepancy in Kmart's online circular. Apparently, a number of people are reporting on Slickdeals that they were able to have the price of Dead Space 2 adjusted to $9.99 via customer service chat. While I don't want to be the one to rain on their parade directly, I don't want the problem to escalate to the point where you guys or your customers get screwed over a la abuse.

I learned from my purchase of COD: BLOPS, and this time everything went without a hitch.

Dead Space 2 + FREE $20 PSN Card = Happy Gamer!

hey josh just went in to the store in beaver falls pa. picked up LBP2 and DS2(ps3) with a 1600 MS point card,happy to say ALL went well. then i get home and my wife already bought me LBP2 for our anniversary in a few days.......she bought it online somewhere and would be a hassle to return. question is....can i go back in and exchange LBP2 for Mass Effect 2??

[quote name='sadboy']Hey, Josh. I wanted to bring a potential problem to your attention regarding the price-picture discrepancy in Kmart's online circular. Apparently, a number of people are reporting on Slickdeals that they were able to have the price of Dead Space 2 adjusted to $9.99 via customer service chat. While I don't want to be the one to rain on their parade directly, I don't want the problem to escalate to the point where you guys or your customers get screwed over a la abuse.[/QUOTE]
Freakin' people.......just don't get it do they.

Hope they still have dead space 2 in stock on thursday when I can pick it up.

Either that or I hope they have put it out for sale at all by thursday.. lol.

It does sound like there's less of the nonsense release day issues going on at least. They still happen but it used to be a lot more people posting employees failing to stock product that was shipped for release date delivery.

[quote name='matowest']Picked up DS2 at my local store today, but they were out of 1600 points cards. Anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

matowest, I'd like you to meet my friend OP. OP, say hello to matowest.

What's that OP?

:360::ps3:1-25 Dead Space 2 Free 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for Free
  • We show positive instock on the cards but if you run into an issue just let me know and I'll work with you.
  • Offer valid from 1/25 through 1-29
  • In many cases the points/PSN cards are located in the Gift Card rack near the front of the store by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back