Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snatz']Well, this may be premature, but I'd be surprised if I bothered with another Kmart deal again.....

I went to the Clinton Twp, Garfield store (MI) and had to spend over an hour there and still didn't get everything I went in for.

I asked the electronics associate about the ME2 and LBP2 BOGO offers because I didn't see anything in the display case indicating the deal. He was clueless but offered to scan the game. Nothing.

The display showed the DS2 + PSN card so I figured I'd just move on. 45 minutes later the manager finally figured out how to get me my damn game plus card. Rang it up four different ways. I even told them how to do it and I was ignored.

I also pulled up the kmartgamer blog site on my phone which specifically states the ME2 and LBP2 offers are IN STORE. Even after handing the phone to her, the manager still refused to honor the deal because it was not in the weekly circular she was referring to.

Yes, I know I could have purchased them and asked Josh for help but I didn't have that kind of cash to buy three full priced games at once.

If Kmart's customer service is normally like this, I can see why they are struggling to survive.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how or why you had LBP2 and ME2 scanned. Nothing happens until they're rung up at the register and total is pressed. Same with DS2 and the card.

They were clueless because they never read the memos sent out to the stores. The system should have done everything by itself. Just let the CS reps do whatever they want to do, and get everything rung up. If it's not the price it should be, just purchase it and have Josh send you out a card. If that doesn't float your boat, walk away. No muss, no fuss.

When will people learn to stop telling the people about the sales and just let them ring it up and have it happen, if it doesn't work out in the end, then you can email Josh and everything will be fixed.

so i went to the KMart Penn Station NYC locale as usual. They had tons of LBP2 games and DS2 games. No XBL or PSN cards. even checked the GC rack. Rep stated they were all gone 1st day. Did get them for $90 total. and had $50 in Rzw pts which made it only $40 for me. So how do i go about the $20 pts then. Just hit Josh right? email or PM?

cbdcd5f7d9d1d175dfdb8d31827c93a50f96263e_wmeg_00001.jpg

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I go to the one on Stockton Blvd. Worst service ever.[/QUOTE]

Come on you have to admire all the retro price tags in the case. Bioshock 1, NHL 2007, Project Gotham Racing 4 $59.99!! Its like visiting a museum of gaming history.

[quote name='jmillion']So how do i go about the $20 pts then. Just hit Josh right? email or PM? [/QUOTE]
Read the OP. It tells you how.

[quote name='Beatofficer']When will people learn to stop telling the people about the tells and just let them ring it up and have it happen, if it doesn't work out in the end, then you can email Josh and everything will be fixed.[/QUOTE]
People will never learn. I don't get why people just have to mention things to the associates.

Again, unless it's in the ad the odds are highly against any associates actually knowing about the deals (whether a memo is sent out or not about it isn't going to change this).

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']The psp go 2 NGP or whatever the hell it is will be a retail nightmare. What do they expect target/kmart/toy s rus/best buy just to sell the console at a minimal profit margin and be done with it. Meanwhile sony price fixes the distribution of content?

Ya sorry sony. I love ps1.2.3 and psp. but this is a major fail in my book. Gotta own something to want to spend money for it Only 5 dollar psn/live/i pad games are worth not having physical copies over.[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about?

a) why would retail make a minimal profit margin? if the device is sold at a loss, Sony will take the hit, not retailers.

b) the psp2 is NOT digital only. it has a card drive and games will be sold in that way. that said, i own a psp3000 and only buy digital nowadays... much easier having all my games available at the press of a button.

stop spreading fud.

[quote name='jjmai']I read somewhere that it comes on a separate disc for PS3.... Not sure. Can anyone confirm just how it is installed and played?[/QUOTE]

it's one disc, but shows up as a second disc in the XMB (like a partitioned hard drive on a computer), hence the confusion. but definitely all on one bluray.

Thanks to Josh for getting me taken care of! (my store was out of XBL cards)

First time in a long time I actually had a good experience with Kmart, will keep an eye on the thread now at least, I wasn't even bothering to check anymore until someone else told me about the Dead Space deal.

[quote name='rawrker']Come on you have to admire all the retro price tags in the case. Bioshock 1, NHL 2007, Project Gotham Racing 4 $59.99!! Its like visiting a museum of gaming history.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I go to the one on Stockton Blvd. Worst service ever.[/QUOTE]

Seriously though i been to that one couple times because its close to me and it is horrible. They don't ever have the games im looking for and you can't even tell whats in stock besides the games in the front of the display. I started going to the one on Sunrise and its so much better from CS to stock of games

Very weird experience. I went today to pick up :ps3: ME2 and :ps3: DS2 and the $20 PSN card.

The cashier rang them up in this order : ME2, DS2, and card .....hit total and it was $120+tax. I told her that something was wrong and asked her to cancel and re-ring.
She did and still $120. So she voided and re-rang them in this order DS2, ME2 and card ...still $120.
Voided again.

When the ME2 is scanned, it doesn't show any B1G1 50% off.
When the DS2 is scanned, it shows a B1G1 50% off. But it doesn't work.

So she overrided the reqister and I got DS2 for $60, ME2 for $30 and Card for free.
Here's my problem...I wanted to price match the ME2 to the sale price on 1/30 ($45), but my receipt say ME2 was only $30. I going to contact Josh to see if he can help.

The kicker is that I get a PSN error 80023102 when I try to add the $20.

Went to Des Plaines, IL Kmart they had plenty of LBP2 and DS2. There were at least 20 PSN and XBL cards if it didn't take 20 minutes to find someone to open the case this would have been a perfect shopping experience.

[quote name='Readthepost']Here's my problem...I wanted to price match the ME2 to the sale price on 1/30 ($45), but my receipt say ME2 was only $30.[/QUOTE]
Then it sounds like you're going to have an awfully hard time explaining to the cashier why you're there for a price match when you paid $15 less for the item.

If you wanted to price match ME2, you shouldn't have gone through with the purchase ringing up ME2 at $30.

As for the error, I don't have a PS3 but it sounds a lot like the card was never activated. I don't know the specifics of that, but that is likely the problem.

[quote name='Altanis']Then it sounds like you're going to have an awfully hard time explaining to the cashier why you're there for a price match when you paid $15 less for the item.

If you wanted to price match ME2, you shouldn't have gone through with the purchase ringing up ME2 at $30.

As for the error, I don't have a PS3 but it sounds a lot like the card was never activated. I don't know the specifics of that, but that is likely the problem.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, he got double fucked, although that error might just be from some store maintenance, try again later.

[quote name='Scorch']That means she didn't activate the card.[/QUOTE]

The receipt says the last 4 card numbers and ACTIVE so I'm going to check tomorrow.

[quote name='Altanis']Then it sounds like you're going to have an awfully hard time explaining to the cashier why you're there for a price match when you paid $15 less for the item.

If you wanted to price match ME2, you shouldn't have gone through with the purchase ringing up ME2 at $30. [/QUOTE]

I couldn't talk my way to getting ME2 for $60 and DS2 for $30. And I went through with purchase because of 2 reasons.
1. I felt very bad about holding up the line. 15+minutes.
2. I thought that Josh might be able to help me.

Thanks for everyone's input.

[quote name='Readthepost']The kicker is that I get a PSN error 80023102 when I try to add the $20.[/QUOTE]

Is this online or on the PS3? I tried yesterday to enter a code online and it wouldn't work. Did it on my PS3 and it went through.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ouch, he got double fucked[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. Although some of it baffles me.

[quote name='Readthepost']I couldn't talk my way to getting ME2 for $60 and DS2 for $30. And I went through with purchase because of 2 reasons.
2. I thought that Josh might be able to help me.[/QUOTE]
1. 15 minutes is nothing. Horror stories here make 15 minutes seem so wonderful.
2. This one baffles me. How exactly would Josh help you? The deal didn't ring up correctly, sure, but you still ended up getting two games and a points card for $90, which was the deal. I'm just having trouble figuring this out. What exactly are you hoping Josh would do? Send you $15? You got the deal, you just happened to get it backwards.

Yeah it sucks that ME2 was the game the associate rang up at $30, but you had the option to walk out at the point where it didn't ring up ME2 at $60 and Dead Space at $30. You decided to instead get DS2 and a points card for $60 and ME2 for $30.

I still don't quite get your train of thought here. You got ME2 for $30. Yeah, it sucks for you that you didn't get the deal the other way around, but you still ended up getting the deal for the price advertised.

Now, as for you not being able to PM ME2 next week, here, I'm playing the world's smallest violin for you.

[quote name='Readthepost']The receipt says the last 4 card numbers and ACTIVE so I'm going to check tomorrow.

I couldn't talk my way to getting ME2 for $60 and DS2 for $30. And I went through with purchase because of 2 reasons.
2. I thought that Josh might be able to help me.

Thanks for everyone's input.[/QUOTE]

The error code happened to me before when I purchased the PSN cards during the sale last year. After 1 day, it worked though.

[quote name='Altanis']Pretty much. Although some of it baffles me.

1. 15 minutes is nothing. Horror stories here make 15 minutes seem so wonderful.
2. This one baffles me. How exactly would Josh help you? The deal didn't ring up correctly, sure, but you still ended up getting two games and a points card for $90, which was the deal. I'm just having trouble figuring this out. What exactly are you hoping Josh would do? Send you $15? You got the deal, you just happened to get it backwards.

Yeah it sucks that ME2 was the game the associate rang up at $30, but you had the option to walk out at the point where it didn't ring up ME2 at $60 and Dead Space at $30. You decided to instead get DS2 and a points card for $60 and ME2 for $30.

I still don't quite get your train of thought here. You got ME2 for $30. Yeah, it sucks for you that you didn't get the deal the other way around, but you still ended up getting the deal for the price advertised.

Now, as for you not being able to PM ME2 next week, here, I'm playing the world's smallest violin for you.[/QUOTE]

I started my post with "Very weird experience" and not WTF.

1. 15+ (do you see the plus sign?) minutes at the CS desk and about 8 people behind me....so I felt bad. A manager/sup had to void each scan/total.

2. DS2 is not a B1G1 50% off promotion but that what the register said. I didn't get the deal as it was suppose to be.....same amount, but clearly the promotion was messed up. I'm not blaming anyone.

If Josh helps me....great...if he can't or doesn't...not the end of the world.
But it doesn't hurt to ask (by email). I was sharing my experience....not demand anything.

There was a third reason.....I had 2 gaming coupons that were going to expire on 1/29/11.

[quote name='FactionG']The error code happened to me before when I purchased the PSN cards during the sale last year. After 1 day, it worked though.[/QUOTE]Thanks, hope for the same result.

Finally caved today and went out to pick up a PS3 copy, although I only finally found one at the third store I visited (Miller Hill; Superior and Grand Ave were out....thank god b/c I wasn't about to drive to Grand Rapids). All three stores had plenty of PSN and XBL cards.

FWIW, if anyone in northern MN/WI was still looking for a LBP2 Collector's Ed, they had one at the Grand Ave store as of this afternoon.

Sweet deal. First time I'd set foot in those stores since I was a little kid back in the 80s, but I'll definitely be going back if the deals like this keep coming. Nice price on DVD-Rs as well, which spared me a separate trip. Heck, the Grand store is actually way closer to me than Best Buy or any other B&M store, so this is pretty awesome. Go Kmart!

Josh, will Kmart be carrying Okamiden for the DS when it releases? Or is it gonna be one of those you aren't carrying due to it being a niche title?

I figure it's not gonna be available, but then again, you have surprised me before.

[quote name='Altanis']Josh, will Kmart be carrying Okamiden for the DS when it releases? Or is it gonna be one of those you aren't carrying due to it being a niche title?

I figure it's not gonna be available, but then again, you have surprised me before.[/QUOTE]

Can't you just roll over and wake him up to ask this question?

[quote name='Readthepost']
The kicker is that I get a PSN error 80023102 when I try to add the $20.[/QUOTE]

Like others have recommended, just wait until the morning and try again. This happens from time to time on PSN. I'm sure the card is fine.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hahahaha, this is the first funny Altanis diss.[/QUOTE]

It would probably be funnier if it was the first time that was posted.

Will the Marvel vs. Capcom credit promotional credit only apply to the base edition or will it include the special edition as well?

I've heard rumors that only a handful of copies of the game are usually available at launch. Any truth to that?

Sorry if this is asking a similar question but this thread is always massive, hard to keep up.

[quote name='j0dy77']Will the Marvel vs. Capcom credit promotional credit only apply to the base edition or will it include the special edition as well?

I've heard rumors that only a handful of copies of the game are usually available at launch. Any truth to that?

Sorry if this is asking a similar question but this thread is always massive, hard to keep up.[/QUOTE]

All advertised deals apply to both the Standard and Collector's Editions if you are fortunate enough to live near a Kmart that stocks both

Anyone want to run down how the SYWR works? I did the coupons back in the day, but I read about the issues and want to make sure I use this correctly...

Just either bring in the card or they can look up the phone # and it just goes on that card and your next purchase it uses the credit?

[quote name='Smidget']Anyone want to run down how the SYWR works? I did the coupons back in the day, but I read about the issues and want to make sure I use this correctly...

Just either bring in the card or they can look up the phone # and it just goes on that card and your next purchase it uses the credit?[/QUOTE]
Bring the card or have them look up your number during your purchase, and you get points added.
When you want to use the points on a purchase, you have to have the card on you.

[quote name='Smidget']Anyone want to run down how the SYWR works? I did the coupons back in the day, but I read about the issues and want to make sure I use this correctly...

Just either bring in the card or they can look up the phone # and it just goes on that card and your next purchase it uses the credit?[/QUOTE]

Those SYWR cards are a mess. I bought a tv from Sears in October 2010 and the 'rewards' took 1 email and 2 phone calls... three months for $20. It was supposed to be a 3x rewards deal (at least that was what my salesman told me in October). I gave and and just took the 1x reward of $20.

The cards are good for the instant $$$ off deals but I would not make a purchase with hopes of getting the rewards credit on your card. It's really hit or miss.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Bring the card or have them look up your number during your purchase, and you get points added.
When you want to use the points on a purchase, you have to have the card on you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and I see they're good up for 1 year on the FAQ, so that's better than the coupon! Are the points pretty instanenous?

[quote name='Smidget']Thanks and I see they're good up for 1 year on the FAQ, so that's better than the coupon! Are the points pretty instanenous?[/QUOTE]
For the most part yes. If you had been following the old Kmart threads, there were a couple people who didn't get their bonus points from Black Ops for months.
I got my points instantly though, showed up on the reciept that printed out. So I haven't had any problems with them and I think the Black Ops deal was maybe the only time anyone did have a problem with them.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Bring the card or have them look up your number during your purchase, and you get points added.
When you want to use the points on a purchase, you have to have the card on you.[/QUOTE]

how you figure that? did an employee tell you that? actually you don't need a card to use the points. you just have to setup a 4 digit pin on there website and you should be good to go. i never got a card and wont be getting one just because i love it when 10 employees tell me i need a card and then after 10 minutes see the dumb look on there face when it works lol. THIS misinformation i hear all the time in sears...

When they had the Call of Duty: Black Ops SYWR promotion I bought 3 copies and had no problem whatsoever with getting the points. It'll tell you on your receipt that you got them, and if you didn't, you simply contact Josh and he can work it out. Make sure you sign up first; it's very simple other than that.

When you want to use them you simply tell the cashier you want to apply a certain number and show them your card and they'll handle the rest. You also get 1% back every purchase, so over time it adds up to at least tax money. Every bit is worth it.

I've had zero problems thus far; every purchase I made was recognized.

Best part is, if you have some friends who are looking to buy the game and don't have a card, you can apply the points earned from a previous purchase directly to buying another game in store that day (so if you earned 20 points from your purchase, you can apply that 20,000 to the same game, get 20,000 back, and your friend saves 20 dollars instantly). They're basically coupons without expiration dates or activation waiting periods.

I love the SYWR stuff.

[quote name='Readthepost']Here's my problem...I wanted to price match the ME2 to the sale price on 1/30 ($45), but my receipt say ME2 was only $30. I going to contact Josh to see if he can help.[/QUOTE]

So you openly admit you were trying to combine promotions that weren't supposed to be combined?

Rather than mention karma, I'll just say that it had been confirmed already that if you try returning ME2 (if you did the B1G1 50% deal) that the system shows it at $44.99 due to it splitting the $30 over both games.

So even had everything else worked perfectly fine for you, the price match wouldn't have.

Throw in the fact that you did all this prior to your coupons expiring (which makes sense) to make a great deal even greater, I'm even more baffled that you would scheme to price match in the first place.

[quote name='Daring']damn, how many sacramentan do we have here?

No wonder i can never find a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Probably the same reason the Broadway Target has shit for game clearance usually.

:D

[quote name='Das_Regal']When they had the Call of Duty: Black Ops SYWR promotion I bought 3 copies and had no problem whatsoever with getting the points. It'll tell you on your receipt that you got them, and if you didn't, you simply contact Josh and he can work it out. Make sure you sign up first; it's very simple other than that.

When you want to use them you simply tell the cashier you want to apply a certain number and show them your card and they'll handle the rest. You also get 1% back every purchase, so over time it adds up to at least tax money. Every bit is worth it.

I've had zero problems thus far; every purchase I made was recognized.

Best part is, if you have some friends who are looking to buy the game and don't have a card, you can apply the points earned from a previous purchase directly to buying another game in store that day (so if you earned 20 points from your purchase, you can apply that 20,000 to the same game, get 20,000 back, and your friend saves 20 dollars instantly). They're basically coupons without expiration dates or activation waiting periods.

I love the SYWR stuff.[/QUOTE]
SYWR's has definitely improved. They went through a couple of weeks due to a system conversion but since then its been working great.

[quote name='KCS13']Not sure if it's been asked, but any possibility of a Tactics Ogre for PSP deal?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately no, there will not be a deal on it.

[quote name='Altanis']Josh, will Kmart be carrying Okamiden for the DS when it releases? Or is it gonna be one of those you aren't carrying due to it being a niche title?

I figure it's not gonna be available, but then again, you have surprised me before.[/QUOTE]
We are actually on the fence with it. I absolutely love the title but there are some negotiations with Capcom that need to happen still in order to get it done.

[quote name='affa']what are you talking about?

a) why would retail make a minimal profit margin? if the device is sold at a loss, Sony will take the hit, not retailers.

b) the psp2 is NOT digital only. it has a card drive and games will be sold in that way. that said, i own a psp3000 and only buy digital nowadays... much easier having all my games available at the press of a button.

stop spreading fud.[/QUOTE]
I will say the PSP Go was a retail disaster becuase the HW sold for very minimal profits and there were no games to sell basically. It seems the NGP will be based on flash cards but I don't know the retail solution fully just yet. Still up in the air for me whether this beast will be retail friendly or not.

[quote name='rawrker']Come on you have to admire all the retro price tags in the case. Bioshock 1, NHL 2007, Project Gotham Racing 4 $59.99!! Its like visiting a museum of gaming history.[/QUOTE]
All miss priced; we have them for much less in our system. That's the major problem actually.

[quote name='litobirdy']Hey Josh, any news if you guys will get the Ps3 accessory Sharpshooter gun that will be releasing I believe same day or day before Killzone 3? And if you do get it, any combo deals for getting the game and gun?[/QUOTE]
Sony still hasn't given us our allocation! I'd love to but it all depends on whether I can hit most stores with it.

[quote name='snatz']Well, this may be premature, but I'd be surprised if I bothered with another Kmart deal again.....

I went to the Clinton Twp, Garfield store (MI) and had to spend over an hour there and still didn't get everything I went in for.

I asked the electronics associate about the ME2 and LBP2 BOGO offers because I didn't see anything in the display case indicating the deal. He was clueless but offered to scan the game. Nothing.

The display showed the DS2 + PSN card so I figured I'd just move on. 45 minutes later the manager finally figured out how to get me my damn game plus card. Rang it up four different ways. I even told them how to do it and I was ignored.

I also pulled up the kmartgamer blog site on my phone which specifically states the ME2 and LBP2 offers are IN STORE. Even after handing the phone to her, the manager still refused to honor the deal because it was not in the weekly circular she was referring to.

Yes, I know I could have purchased them and asked Josh for help but I didn't have that kind of cash to buy three full priced games at once.

If Kmart's customer service is normally like this, I can see why they are struggling to survive.[/QUOTE]
Hi! Just a quick note, totally understand the frustration, not sure what happened here actually still but in this instance you would not have had to buy both games for me to take care of you. I'll pretty much work the most hassle free angle with you if something isn't working the way it should.

• :psp:PSP 3000 $129.99 (Save $40)
Pretty sweet! Too bad I just bought one... Guess I'll be going back to Best Buy with the ad in-hand for a price adjustment! Sorry didn't buy it here but thanks for getting me $40 at Best Buy!!!!

If I went to KMart today to buy Two Worlds II, could I get refunded the $20 if I go back on Sunday to price match?

[quote name='JKSonic']
  • :psp:PSP 3000 $129.99 (Save $40)
Pretty sweet! Too bad I just bought one... Guess I'll be going back to Best Buy with the ad in-hand for a price adjustment! Sorry didn't buy it here but thanks for getting me $40 at Best Buy!!!![/QUOTE]
Glad to help :)

[quote name='Sneaktip']If I went to KMart today to buy Two Worlds II, could I get refunded the $20 if I go back on Sunday to price match?[/QUOTE]
I'm not recommending it actually due the fact that this deal will not be promoted on the blog or ad. Stores may fight back a bit on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back