Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Jim and I am an associate buyer working under Josh Deane. Josh is currently traveling today to attend Destination PlayStation. He will be logging in tonight to review posts and to deal with any Marvel vs Capcom issues.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My name is Jim and I am an associate buyer working under Josh Deane. Josh is currently traveling today to attend Destination PlayStation. He will be logging in tonight to review posts and to deal with any Marvel vs Capcom issues.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jim.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My name is Jim and I am an associate buyer working under Josh Deane. Josh is currently traveling today to attend Destination PlayStation. He will be logging in tonight to review posts and to deal with any Marvel vs Capcom issues.[/QUOTE]
well, wat up

Jim, can you give us an estimated time that the credit should post? I plan on using this credit toward Pokemon B/W and if the credit does not post I am afraid that a gift card sent snail mail will not arrive in time so I may have to shop elsewhere. Is there any chance of printable gift card that can be used immediately should the credit not post today?

[quote name='hoofrog']Jim, can you give us an estimated time that the credit should post? I plan on using this credit toward Pokemon B/W and if the credit does not post I am afraid that a gift card sent snail mail will not arrive in time so I may have to shop elsewhere. Is there any chance of printable gift card that can be used immediately should the credit not post today?[/QUOTE]Ditto. If they don't post, I'm going to do the Amazon deal. But theirs is a pre-order deal, so I need to know ASAP.

Thank you,
gwen

Welcome to the nut house Jim!!

This is Jim again. I logged in as Josh earlier, but here is my CAG name. We are currently looking into the SYWR points and Josh will be online tonight to give a status update.

Hi Jim might not be a good day to step in for josh.. especially if our points dont post.. As of now mine havent. So it could be a very bad day in here mood wise from everyone :(

I don't think anyone should be really upset or in a bad mood. I understand you can be annoyed, but be glad that K-Mart is really working with us. If the points don't post today I know that this issue is going to be taken care of. We're all people and we make mistakes and we can't control how events take place. Heck my points didn't post either and I had to contact Josh directly and he more than made up for it.

Just be glad this isn't GS or BB or another company that would just be like "oh well sorry it didn't work for you, have a good day"

K-Mart is going above and beyond what I've ever seen any big company do before. They have people who are in charge of buying games for all of K-Mart here among us normal consumers, working with us to get us the best deal they can to ensure we spend our hand earned money with them and get the most value for it.

Let's show K-Mart that when one mistake out of 50 (or more) successful sales/promotions occur that we don't turn on the hand that feeds us.

Wow who said i was in a bad mood? Just expressing my opinion from everyone elses posts here as of late. Saying everything from this being a scam to just lousy business practices with SYWR. I have no problems with kmart. I just felt bad that jim may get the brunt of everything even though its not his or Josh's fault who post here on CAG. There great deals and for people like me who dont have a gamestop within 4 hours driving. This has been a great change.

My post wasn't directed specifically at you, but it did spur me to make the post. Hopefully the people who come in here to complain and have an attitude will read my post and think clearer because of it. This is, as far as I know, Jim's first time on CAG, let's try and make it a good visit.

I am also waiting for my points to post.

Am I slightly disappointed it hasn't happened yet? Sure... but K-mart have done an outstanding job servicing the customers inconvenienced.

[quote name='jamestheaussie']I am also waiting for my points to post.

Am I slightly disappointed it hasn't happened yet? Sure... but K-mart have done an outstanding job servicing the customers inconvenienced.[/QUOTE]

What he said ^^^

I'm happy that Josh is stepping up for Kmart and he's given me a great place to shop with great deals and support other than the shit monopolies such as GAMESLOP and WALFART.
When I tell people that the Sears/Kmart rep is on CAG and is working with the people everyone is impressed.

The difficulty with my rewards points not going thru is that I work 9-10 hours per day and can't get out of work on weekdays on time to visit Kmart to use my points and I'm going away on business over the weekend. So potentially I have to wait 2 weeks to spend my SYWC points. :whistle2:(

Still, shit happens and I'll deal with it. Josh, keep up the good work and continue to improve so that minor issues like this don't happen in the future.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
[*]:360::ps3::pc: 3-8 Dragon Age 2 Offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card[/QUOTE]

I didn't see my question answered prior, but can I pair the PC version of DA2 with either of the PSN or XBLA cards, or does the copy of the game have to match the card in order for this deal to work?

Also, while I'm here, I sure hope that 'L.A. Noire' is on the Kmart's future "deal makers" radar.

[quote name='~Spirit-of~']I didn't see my question answered prior, but can I pair the PC version of DA2 with either of the PSN or XBLA cards, or does the copy of the game have to match the card in order for this deal to work?

Also, while I'm here, I sure hope that 'L.A. Noire' is on the Kmart's future "deal makers" radar.[/QUOTE]

yes you can mix and match cards....

Anyone else interested in Fight Night tomorrow? I'm a little excited for the story mode...you get to have a prison boxing match, can't go wrong.

actually I'm deciding if I'm going to pick it up or not. the story mode is nice and finally an M rated boxing game. but playing the demo online i figured why i hate it so much lol, after winning so many rounds only to lose to a damn one hit knockout sucks so much :(

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Anyone else interested in Fight Night tomorrow? I'm a little excited for the story mode...you get to have a prison boxing match, can't go wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly thrilled with the new controls, but a new story mode is enticing. I'll wait a bit on it unfortunately, just can't justify $60 for it.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Anyone else interested in Fight Night tomorrow? I'm a little excited for the story mode...you get to have a prison boxing match, can't go wrong.[/QUOTE]

Unless the toss salad man is in the game. Talk about an incentive to win.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm heading out to Scottsdale for the week to meet with Sony and all the publishers. I will be anxiously awaiting to see if the SYWR update is applied correctly and will move quickly Monday evening.

After that, I'll be fairly quiet next week and asking Stock Boy to help out as much he can.

Just wanted to let everyone know if it seems like getting emails back is slower than usual.[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh, since you're going to be in Scottsdale, if you have any free time, you going to check out any Spring training games?

[quote name='confoosious']Unless the toss salad man is in the game. Talk about an incentive to win.[/QUOTE]

LOL... Press the "x" button to cover your heiney-hole!

I'm looking forward to this:
:360::ps3: 3-29 Nascar 2011 Offer TBD

And the Dragon Age 2 offer - if only for the flip opportunity for cheap XBL points...

Oh shit, I didn't even realize that was the new Fight Night. I've seen it mentioned several times, but I think the "Champion" part threw me off. Between that and the no-name on the cover, I thought it was one of the generic Move titles.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']Came in here to say I did not get my MvC3 points but looks like I'm not the only one.

Hope this gets resolved quickly.[/QUOTE]
Still waiting here too. I e-mailed Josh last week with a copy of my receipt and everything--I'll be damned if I have to do that all again.

I'm also waiting for my MvC3 points from the copy I bought on Saturday (the last day for the qualifying promo points for MvC3 that week). Some points were added today to my account but unfortunately it wasn't $25, just $2.

I didn't get the SYWR either for Marvel Vs Capcom either. Will hafta take a picture of my receipt I guess and email it to Josh this evening then to remedy?

I may get it if my MvC 3 points post and I get my gift card from DQVI. If not, probably wait until it's $40 or less.

FYI that story mode, called the Champion mode, only takes about 4 hours or so to beat. Both ESPN Gamer and Pastapadre.com confirmed that.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI that story mode, called the Champion mode, only takes about 4 hours or so to beat. Both ESPN Gamer and Pastapadre.com confirmed that.[/QUOTE]
Pastapadre reported 3 hours and 19 minutes. If it's good, people are going to feel underwhelmed or indifferent. If it's mediocre or poor, people will also feel underwhelmed or indifferent. It's a tie-tie situation.

I would have liked a full-blown Call of Duty-ish boxing game, with or without jelly. Dayumn...

[quote name='Gavica']first they say saturday, now its mondays, I hope tomorrow doesn't turn into never.[/QUOTE]

well, and so it seems

Hi, possibly a noob question here. I read the first page of posts/FAQs, did a search, and looked through the SYWR website and couldn't find my answer.

I'm new to KmartGamer and plan to make my first purchase with DA2. My question is: notwithstanding any system glitches/delays (like what seems to be happening with MvC3), how soon typically do your points post to your account for you to use?

I was planning on getting DA2 which will give me 10k points. I wanted to use those 10k points towards the purchase of Homefront which releases the week after. Is that realistic? Will the points be available (assuming everything flows like it should) for me to do so?

Thanks in advance.

The points should post immediately.

As you see, sometimes that doesn't happen, but the general rule is that, provided things work out, your points will be on your receipt when it prints.

Gavica has a good point and its pretty simple, kmart owes a lot of gamers $25. has owed this money for almost 2 weeks in some cases. as a retailer you can not advertise and not follow through. so I can see why some people are pissed. of course I want my $25 as well.

that said, Im glad we have SHC-Gamer on our side !

Deleted a few posts. People have a right to complain about issues with a store. Just as they have the right to praise. Don't clog up the thread with personal attacks. If someone complains to the point of trolling, just REPORT the posts and get out of the way. Makes our job much easier.

We were told we'd have the points today, not that we should start emailing him if we don't have them before today. If the points post tonight, he's going to have to disregard any email sent to him today because most of them will likely be from people who did receive them. Do Josh a favor and wait until he says that points have posted before you check your balance and email him if yours are still missing.

I hope you guys still realise that the SYWR team and the SHC team we have here are two different entities. He can't control what they do. He can only relay messages they give him, and only if he realises everyone has lost their patience, will just take matters into his own hands.

But he has no control over the SYWR points posting.

Also, everyone is anxiously awaiting these points and wanted to send out emails at 12:01, but gladly wait the 45 days for Best Buy's to post. If you know there's a problem with this batch of MvC3 points, you should probably wait it out and not count them as anything until you either receive them or the compensation for them. Unless you're no longer planing on using points, you'll be saving the same amount either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Interfeci']I hope you guys still realise that the SYWR team and the SHC team we have here are two different entities. He can't control what they do. He can only relay messages they give him, and only if he realises everyone has lost their patience, will just take matters into his own hands.

But he has no control over the SYWR points posting.

Also, everyone is anxiously awaiting these points and wanted to send out emails at 12:01, but gladly wait the 45 days for Best Buy's to post. If you know there's a problem with this batch of MvC3 points, you should probably wait it out and not count them as anything until you either receive them or the compensation for them. Unless you're no longer planing on using points, you'll be saving the same amount either way.

I know when I didn't get a coupon for the Sly Cooper Collection, Josh had 'ordered' a gift card for the same amount. Sadly, that got lost somewhere in the mail due to the address not being filled out correctly, so he sent out the amount +$5 for the trouble. And it's not like I stopped buying games in between those times.[/QUOTE]
Good for you...I guess. Except this has nothing to do with any of us or the MvC3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back