Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trace17']Definitely a new thread smell up in here.

Looking at June offers, don't really see anything I want. Shame since the coupon train will have to end for me.[/QUOTE]

Nothing in july for me, so mine will restart in august.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']This also helped me remember what titles this year I've had interest in, so thank you. So hard to find a release date calendar anywhere.[/QUOTE]
I always use a retailer to see the release schedule. I use Amazon but Gamestop.com works at least as well.

At Amazon I just go to video games and pick to browse through all of a certain platform and then sort by release date. So here's upcoming PS3 games for example. Do the same thing basically at gamestop.

[quote name='Trace17']Definitely a new thread smell up in here.

Looking at June offers, don't really see anything I want. Shame since the coupon train will have to end for me.[/QUOTE]

I was originally hoping my wallet could take a break after LA Noire (aside from DNF maybe), but looking at the release list now it seems like June will be my last purchase month until September, fucking Alice, DNF and Fear 3. It'd be worse if I owned a 3DS though.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
ps3.gif
9-13 Child of Eden (Move) offer planned[/QUOTE]

pssst. josh. i think you just outed the ps3 release.

p.s. i love you.

It's a shame the LA Noire coupon expires before NCAA Football 12 comes out. Hopefully something good goes on sale before 7/2. This might be the first time in years that I've actually cared about Kmart.

Will the gaming coupon with the xbox still print on Sunday the 28th? Double points Sunday and Monday. It says thru the 28th. Sorry if it's a stupid question.

This may have been asked in the old thread.. I'm sorry if I missed it.. but am I right in assuming that Hunted at Kmart won't have any of the pre-order DLC? Since it isn't really a preorder.. but I know DLC has been included with a couple games before :)

[quote name='The 7th Number']So there is no 100 dollars off ps3 kind of deal happening soon?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, but I'm sure if Josh had prior knowledge of a PS3 price drop or if K-mart was planning any sort of console deal (probably not $100 off..), he would be assassinated if he said a word of it this early. Can't stagnate PS3 sales!

@Katsumi

Depends on whether or not the DLC is specific to a particular merchant. For example, LA Noire from K-mart came with no DLC (as all pre-order DLC bonuses are merchant-specific) , but Splatterhouse from K-mart came with some DLC (as the DLC was non-merchant-specific, you just needed to pre-order).

I've been noticing games being bought new even weeks after release (MK9 comes to mind) have more often than not come with pre-order DLC... 'tis interesting, is it to draw people to buy NEW copies instead of used (aside from the whole online pass crap)? Kinda kills the pre-order incentive, especially at a place like GS where they don't offer gift cards/coupons for pre-orders, only DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh I fucking love you. No seriously, you have deals going on for all the god damn games I plan to purchase this year.

This is awesome :D

Also really glad you are doing a Deal on DNF. I may have to buy an extra 360 version of that for my Dad for fathers day.

[quote name='chriscolbert']There's this awesome thing called "free will" where you could, in fact, STILL buy from K-Mart even if Amazon matches.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think the originator of a deal deserves the credit. If another retailer matches then good for them but bad on them for being cheap and being forced into a deal by the competition.

[quote name='atc250es']Where's oblivion 5th anniversary edition on the list?[/QUOTE]

Josh says he was thinking about a deal, but no guarantees. I doubt they'll be a deal on the 5th Anniv. Edition itself (which is why it's not on the list), might be a bundle deal with Skyrim, though.

I like JoshRocker's stance above. ^

So I have a $20 gaming coupon. Last time I tried to use the coupons I was told I had to spend over the given amount on VIDEOGAMES only.

Does this mean that I could not simply take a 1600 point card and a pack of gum and use my $20 coupon?

[quote name='atlantis']Wait, what? No deal on Catherine? It comes out in July :([/QUOTE]
K-Mart isn't stocking Catherine, as it is too niche.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So I have a $20 gaming coupon. Last time I tried to use the coupons I was told I had to spend over the given amount on VIDEOGAMES only.

Does this mean that I could not simply take a 1600 point card and a pack of gum and use my $20 coupon?[/QUOTE]

Gum =/= Gaming Purchase. : (

You could always have the game you're purchasing be more than $20? Then you don't have to buy something extra! : D (This is what CAGs mean by the coupon train, you put the gaming coupon towards a game that comes with a gaming coupon, means you get the game for $40 and a replacement coupon).

Edit: Dig the Michael Bolton avatar above me! Scarface part of that song was the shit.

[quote name='atlantis']Wait, what? No deal on Catherine? It comes out in July :([/QUOTE]
No the game is too niche and will sell like shit, thanks for asking.

Is there any chance Josh will incentivize people who are interested in both Duke and Alice? They both come out on the same day so how about a bundle deal that's better than both bought separately?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
Edit: Dig the Michael Bolton avatar above me! Scarface part of that song was the shit.[/QUOTE]

That video is epic. Bolton was amazing in that video and I'm not even a huge fan of his. Great song, great video.

Wow. I am bookmarking this post just for the list of game release dates. Have not found a good site that lists games and dates so nicely. (Plus looking forward to the deals as well. Lol.)

Wait isn't there going to be a deal for ________________?!

Catherine - It's too niche
Disgaea 4
Lord Of The Rings: War In The North
The Cursed Crusade
Bleach: Soul Resurreccion
Captain America: Super Soldier
Earth Defense Force
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition You didnt buy the last one, why the hell would Kmart buy even more of the same thing

[quote name='sinned47']Tag[/QUOTE]

I'm it?

@Capones

Yeah, I couldn't get enough of that song. Lonely Island always does great stuff, and here I thought "Wow, Jizz In My Pants came out like forever ago, I guess they're done after that first album", and now they come out with something like that. Makes the gap in albums definitely seem warranted.

Also, since no one else answered Atlantis:

Probably not, makes more sense to just offer the coupons and keep riding the train. (Though the problem lies in the fact that the gaming coupons don't activate until a week after purchase... but in regards to buying Alice, Josh has strongly hinted at a post-release sale akin to Portal 2, so you can buy DNF, and keep the coupon for discounted Alice.)

Edit: You guys reply too fast and I'm not double-posting

@CaseX

OMGSOMEONEAGREESWITHMEIKNORITE?

I'm pretty sure I said something to that effect on page 2 or 3.

[quote name='phoenix83']Josh quick question and sorry if this has been asked already.

Any chance of K-mart getting the collector's sets for Infamous 2???[/QUOTE]
He said yes but in limited quantities so you may want to check with stock boy to see if your Kmart is getting any.

Was wondering if someone could confirm about the spend 150 dollars and get 25000 sywr points that suppose to happen on sunday and monday? Thank you

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wait isn't there going to be a deal for ________________?!

Catherine - It's too niche
Disgaea 4
Lord Of The Rings: War In The North
The Cursed Crusade
Bleach: Soul Resurreccion
Captain America: Super Soldier
Earth Defense Force
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition You didnt buy the last one, why the hell would Kmart buy even more of the same thing[/QUOTE]

Replying to this for real instead of just an edit.

Agree about Catherine. Didn't even know SSFIV: AE was getting a retail release, is this guaranteed? But I agree regardless.

As for Captain America game, did K-mart offer a coupon with Thor? No? So.. considering they'll probably be of similar quality, I doubt they'll throw us an incentive to burn our money.

Bleach: Soul Resurrection is niche enough, nevermind the fact that this is just an overdue localization.

Disagea 4 isn't TOO niche in the context of the gaming community, but a LotR game is kinda random in general. I have no idea about the other titles, but The Cursed Crusade and/or Earth Defense Force sound like $10 games to me, more so with the latter title.

So why is Catherine too niche but Shadows of the Damned isn't? Just wondering.

Also, any upcoming price drops/deals on PS2s Josh?

The problem with Catherine is it is not made for a Western audience. Sadly, all these Japanese-based companies only cater to the Eastern crowd and they wonder why they are becoming less relevant in the global market. How about you stop making games that are so impossibly hard to beat?

I know Catherine had to be patched because it was so insanely hard. Maybe it's better to rent Catherine seeing how hard/impossible it will be to beat the game.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']...a LotR game is kinda random in general...[/QUOTE]
To answer for that one seriously, imo he will have a deal for it and just forgot to put it on there or maybe it isn't releasing when it's supposed to?

[quote name='The_ZZ']So why is Catherine too niche but Shadows of the Damned isn't? Just wondering.
[/QUOTE]

Because it is a puzzle-platformer that focuses around issues of intimate relationships. That right there is enough to turn off a majority of Western consumers.

Shadow of the Damned is just about killing stuff and it is more marketed than Catherine.

Catherine wasn't even suppose to be released in the West. Also, Catherine is allegedly insanely hard. It had to be patched. That could also affect sales.

[quote name='The_ZZ']So why is Catherine too niche but Shadows of the Damned isn't? Just wondering.

Also, any upcoming price drops/deals on PS2s Josh?[/QUOTE]
Catherine is a weird ass mature themed puzzle game published by Atlus. Shadows of The Damned is a weird ass (im)mature themed shooting game published by EA.

[quote name='atlantis']The problem with Catherine is it is not made for a Western audience. Sadly, all these Japanese-based companies only cater to the Eastern crowd and they wonder why they are becoming less relevant in the global market. How about you stop making games that are so impossibly hard to beat?

I know Catherine had to be patched because it was so insanely hard. Maybe it's better to rent Catherine seeing how hard/impossible it will be to beat the game.[/QUOTE]

I remember Inafune ranting about the decline of Japanese relevance in the gaming community, 'twas a good point.

I guess it'd make sense to make a deal on LotR, hence why I said it wasn't too niche or anything, just seems random to make yet ANOTHER LotR game.

PS2s are just overdue for a clearance, maybe they'll announce another PS3 model with built-in PS2 emulation @ E3 and then we can finally put that system to bed. Just ridiculous that it's still $100..

Edit: Everyone pretty much beat me to it 'bout why Shadows of the Damned is more accessible to the Western market than Catherine, thanks.

?[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously asking this? Ever heard of a company called EA?

[quote name='atlantis']Because it is a puzzle-platformer that focuses around issues of intimate relationships. That right there is enough to turn off a majority of Western consumers.

Shadow of the Damned is just about killing stuff and it is more marketed than Catherine.

Catherine wasn't even suppose to be released in the West. Also, Catherine is allegedly insanely hard. It had to be patched. That could also affect sales.[/QUOTE]

You're back? #-o

[quote name='Ray5555']Is kmart going to carry Record of Agarest War Zero?[/QUOTE]

Very niche as well, I personally doubt K-Mart carries it.

[quote name='Phenomic']So I'm not the only one that immediately thought this?[/QUOTE]

I'm not Altanis. I was lurking when he was trolling. I thought his name was Atlantis so I decided to create this tag in memoriam. Epic troll is epic. But I don't troll myself. Just paying some homage to the man.

[quote name='Phenomic']So I'm not the only one that immediately thought this?[/QUOTE]

Being a relatively "re"newed poster here, what am I missing? I wasn't here for any drama.

I'm sitting here writing my masters paper listening to a stream of the Casey Anthony murder trial and they're quoting AIM transcripts../yawn

These kind of days make me hesitate when entering law school...

.. Lol, because that totally doesn't make you look like him in disguise at all, right?
Coulda just said it was a coincidence, and as Capones said, you're totally trolling.

@Capones

I kinda remember Altanis, or heard of him, but not about his "epic" level of trolling.

I love how you're writing a master's paper, listening to a murder trial and browing CAG. Three classy things at once, right?

[quote name='atlantis']I'm not Altanis. I was lurking when he was trolling. I thought his name was Atlantis so I decided to create this tag in memoriam. Epic troll is epic. But I don't troll myself. Just paying some homage to the man.[/QUOTE]

By creating a memoriam to a troll, you are being a troll or in more technical terms being trollish by subterfuge. I'd get a new name :cool:

[quote name='ShockandAww']lol Josh, this :3ds: is the 3DS icon. I like yours though.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed the 3:ds:, rofl. I even see the :3ds: in the unexpanded smilies box. Gotta be on the ball for E3 Josh, those late nights are killing you. :p

Edit: I suppose misplacing that 3 outside of the colons could result in such a thing, but to have that happen EVERY time would be ridiculous.

[quote name='caponesgun']By creating a memoriam to a troll, you are being a troll or in more technical terms being trollish by subterfuge. I'd get a new name :cool:[/QUOTE]

It's only trolling on a subversive level. My posts have been clean so far. It's not against the rules to create a virtual effigy or facsimile of a banned user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back