Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected. the L.A noire price drop at Amazon has begun. It's already 53.99 right now, expect it to drop more over the next week or so to around 45.99 based on other sales. Gotta love those text alerts :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hunted is not in the ad but the coming soon offer is good. Mguiddy posted the ad earlier in the thread.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you mention a couple weeks ago a deal on SOCOM 4 coming up??? Is that still a plan or not?

[quote name='aznhero913']Really excited to see the June offers!!

Hope the deals live up to the great anticipation!![/QUOTE]

Hoping for a nice deal with infamous 2 and a triple as well as some LBP 2 action, mebbe, a man can dream!

[quote name='xgpsun628']any chance of a deal on oblivion 5th anniversary? unlikely, I know, but it'd be awesome :D[/QUOTE]

Josh said he is trying to work something out.

[quote name='mguiddy']Not a whole lot in the ad next week.
$60 coupon with purchase of 250gig :360: Kinect bundle.
$10 off select Kinect Games.
Those listed in the ad were

• Kinect Sports
  • Michael Jackson Experience
  • Kinectimals
  • Dance Central
Madden or Sims 3 free with purchase of 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh, didn't realize it was posted 3 days ago. Still kinda meh, but I know that's cause you're saving the good stuff for next week. 3DS deals (buying the system and getting some free software) are slowly coming in now... finally. If the Kinect bundle came with the contents of the Holiday 2010 Bundle as well as the Kinect for an extra $100, these kinda deals would be better, but this is one of the better 250GB + Kinect deals I've seen. Expecting a new 360 model at E3 (phasing out of the 4GB) anyways.

[quote name='aznhero913']Really excited to see the June offers!!

Hope the deals live up to the great anticipation!![/QUOTE]
I've only said they were good BTW :) I hope there is not false hope out there either to be honest. I hope everyone is not taking my "playing it close to the vest" as more than just that. I just do not want early matching so I am releasing deals on the Wed. Prior here and other channels and on the blog the day before.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've only said they were good BTW :) I hope there is not false hope out there either to be honest. I hope everyone is not taking my "playing it close to the vest" as more than just that. I just do not want early matching so I am releasing deals on the Wed. Prior here and other channels and on the blog the day before.[/QUOTE]

I think it's mostly all the E3 hype in the air Josh and that it'll add possible deals to ALL retailers. I'm hoping most of us will stay level-headed about your upcoming deals. I'm just waiting on that Alice:MR sale, or some $20 on overpriced MSRP titles sales.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I've only said they were good BTW :) I hope there is not false hope out there either to be honest. I hope everyone is not taking my "playing it close to the vest" as more than just that. I just do not want early matching so I am releasing deals on the Wed. Prior here and other channels and on the blog the day before.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

That sounds foreboding....

I was looking forward to $30-$35 for 2-3 month old released titles.

[quote name='nbballard']OT - I must be blind, because I can't find anything about the SYWR bonus points for Memorial Day. Can anyone post a direct link?[/QUOTE]

The OP has now been updated with info about the deal in the SYWR section.

[quote name='aznhero913']:cry:

That sounds foreboding....

I was looking forward to $30-$35 for 2-3 month old released titles.[/QUOTE]

From a B&M? Quoting an old song "Never gonna happen..."

Amazon/newegg/os/etc, yes for cost based reasons. B&M? No. Even on black friday the 29.99 games are older titles.

[quote name='caponesgun']From a B&M? Quoting an old song "Never gonna happen..."

Amazon/newegg/os/etc, yes for cost based reasons. B&M? No. Even on black friday the 29.99 games are older titles.[/QUOTE]

Easy cowboy.....

Portal was $35 a week or two after it's release.
Yakuza 4 was $39.99 on release day.
Homefront was $41.99 a day after release.

I hardly doubt $30-$35 range is only a BF event.

This can be the downside to Josh's deals: he puts out a deal like with L.A. Noire and when game x gets a $20 coupon, people go, "Really, that's it?" The expectations go up and people get disappointed when in actuality, the L.A. Noire deal was an amazing treat that should not be expected to happen all that often. I know we want the best deals possible, but tempering expectations to reasonable levels is a good thing, then you won't be disappointed.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']This can be the downside to Josh's deals: he puts out a deal like with L.A. Noire and when game x gets a $20 coupon, people go, "Really, that's it?" The expectations go up and people get disappointed when in actuality, the L.A. Noire deal was an amazing treat that should not be expected to happen all that often. I know we want the best deals possible, but tempering expectations to reasonable levels is a good thing, then you won't be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt read too much into routine "CAG-bitching". While people might sound (type) displeased, the truth is, they just want to push the envelope. At the end of the day, as long a Kmart has the best / competitive deals, CAGs will choose them (many are 'stuck' on the coupon train anyway ;)).

On topic: waiting for the 'Alice' reveal(s).

[quote name='hostyl1']I wouldnt read too much into routine "CAG-bitching". While people might sound (type) displeased, the truth is, they just want to push the envelope. At the end of the day, as long a Kmart has the best / competitive deals, CAGs will choose them (many are 'stuck' on the coupon train anyway ;)).

On topic: waiting for the 'Alice' reveal(s).[/QUOTE]

mostly they just want to bitch.

[quote name='aznhero913']Easy cowboy.....

Portal was $35 a week or two after it's release.
Yakuza 4 was $39.99 on release day.
Homefront was $41.99 a day after release.

I hardly doubt $30-$35 range is only a BF event.[/QUOTE]

HF was terrible, needs to be a 29.99 game yesterday to clear inventory. P2 never should have had a 59 retail, it's new price is 39 at p much every retailer. GREAT game, but not worth 60 bucks in any capacity. Yak is defin a niche game, hence the low cost. F3AR will do the exact same thing, come out at 59 and will be 39.99 by end of July. So I'm debating about buying on it amazon on release day just because I know it's going to bottom out to where I can get it for like 20 bucks and trade it in later. Either that or just gamefly it, depends on the promotions they have for it.

So, yes it does happen..just not on major releases. Gears won't do it, Infamous I doubt does it, LA Noire may do it but as of now I think Amazon capped the price tumbling at I think 55? Who knows, with so much price matching going on now I think video game prices have hit their ceiling at around 40 bucks day of release including promotions.

[quote name='confoosious']mostly they just want to bitch.[/QUOTE]

ON THE INTERNET? I thought that's what people escaped into to get away from their bitching families? :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Socom Confrontation and Warhawk (with bluetooth headsets!) are now $20. Great price in you need a headset for your PS3(normally $50). Although its YMMV cause these are older games, so they wont be in stock everywhere. My store in Crystal Lake has 3 Socoms left and 1 Warhawk left.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']This can be the downside to Josh's deals: he puts out a deal like with L.A. Noire and when game x gets a $20 coupon, people go, "Really, that's it?" The expectations go up and people get disappointed when in actuality, the L.A. Noire deal was an amazing treat that should not be expected to happen all that often. I know we want the best deals possible, but tempering expectations to reasonable levels is a good thing, then you won't be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you said but where did this comment come from? Did I miss something in this god awful thread that has horribly gone sideways due to post whoring idiots?

[quote name='caponesgun']HF was terrible, needs to be a 29.99 game yesterday to clear inventory. P2 never should have had a 59 retail, it's new price is 39 at p much every retailer. GREAT game, but not worth 60 bucks in any capacity. Yak is defin a niche game, hence the low cost. F3AR will do the exact same thing, come out at 59 and will be 39.99 by end of July. So I'm debating about buying on it amazon on release day just because I know it's going to bottom out to where I can get it for like 20 bucks and trade it in later. Either that or just gamefly it, depends on the promotions they have for it.

So, yes it does happen..just not on major releases. Gears won't do it, Infamous I doubt does it, LA Noire may do it but as of now I think Amazon capped the price tumbling at I think 55? Who knows, with so much price matching going on now I think video game prices have hit their ceiling at around 40 bucks day of release including promotions.[/QUOTE]

Seriously bro, you're taking my post way the fuck off topic.
My post was about games 2-3 months old getting a temporary price slash to $30-$35. I was especially hoping for titles that haven't seen a good sale yet( KZ3, WWE all-stars, etc..) WTF are you doin' talkn' about Gears 3 and other shit for?

I know it's gonna be hard for some of my fellow CAGers but let's keep the topic of threads on track from now on shall we?

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Are there currently any Kmart deals that anyone knows of for Dead Space 2 or Crysis 2?[/QUOTE]
I know Gamestop is having a sale on Dead Space 2 know but not sure about Crysis 2 though.

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']Are there currently any Kmart deals that anyone knows of for Dead Space 2 or Crysis 2?[/QUOTE]

I think you're a couple weeks too late on those deals.

Hopefully Josh can work something out w/ EA and get another great sale like before($40 for each of those titles!)

I just want to know what kind of deal you're having with Duke Nukem
766749_0.png

[quote name='DonkeyPunch']I just want to know what kind of deal you're having with Duke Nukem
766749_0.png
[/QUOTE]

I hope Josh decides to go ahead with a $40 coupon. :bouncy:

[quote name='The_ZZ']I hope Josh decides to go ahead with a $40 coupon. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Was the $40 coupon a Joke or what? I keep hearing about it.

[quote name='Starwyn']The OP has now been updated with info about the deal in the SYWR section.[/QUOTE]

Gah! I was looking on Sears.com, K-mart.com, SYWR.com, and emails. I didn't even look in the op. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm assuming this is only limited to K-mart, but I'm not sure. I bought all my new summer yard tools and supplies today on this deal.

Really hopeful for good reviews on Alice Madness Returns.

I think I'm going to get that and Child of Eden but skip on a few of the others coming out around that time.

If Red Faction gets really great reviews I will probably want it but the demo was disappointing even though I loved the first one.

[quote name='jer7583']Really hopeful for good reviews on Alice Madness Returns.

I think I'm going to get that and Child of Eden but skip on a few of the others coming out around that time.

If Red Faction gets really great reviews I will probably want it but the demo was disappointing even though I loved the first one.[/QUOTE]

After Homefront, I don't trust THQ anymore....lost a ton of respect for the way that all the patches were handled for that game.

meh the publisher isn't as important as the developer.

THQ did their job right with promoting homefront strongly and such, it's up to the developer to support it after release.

Volition has done nothing but good work in the last 4-5 years, no reason to lump them in with the Homefront developer.

[quote name='aznhero913']After Homefront, I don't trust THQ anymore....lost a ton of respect for the way that all the patches were handled for that game.[/QUOTE]

There were patches for this game? :)

Think I stopped playing this game after finishing the single player campaign after 3 days and the issues with the multiplayer.

[quote name='aznhero913']I agree with what you said but where did this comment come from? Did I miss something in this god awful thread that has horribly gone sideways due to post whoring idiots?

[/QUOTE]

It really came from some of the random comments we get all the time about "how about a deal for Infamous 2 like L.A. Noire's" or "If I wait two weeks, will the game be on sale for $35 like Portal 2?" I know it's not bad to ask just in case, but people just need to realize that these deals arn't possible for Josh to do very often.

[quote name='aznhero913']
I know it's gonna be hard for some of my fellow CAGers but let's keep the topic of threads on track from now on shall we?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aznhero913']After Homefront, I don't trust THQ anymore....lost a ton of respect for the way that all the patches were handled for that game.[/QUOTE]

seriously? Practice what you preach.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']It really came from some of the random comments we get all the time about "how about a deal for Infamous 2 like L.A. Noire's" or "If I wait two weeks, will the game be on sale for $35 like Portal 2?" I know it's not bad to ask just in case, but people just need to realize that these deals arn't possible for Josh to do very often.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. People need to relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just find it silly to worry about "will it be on sale two weeks after release?" the vast majority of titles do not see these sharp discounts and if you pay attention you can see publishers that have a trend of offering these discounts for "second wind" sales bumps. Namely, Electronic Arts.

If you want the game buy it day one. Kmart's deals still beat everyone else day one almost without exception.

Let us put it this way for those living in Fantasia. Josh works his tail off to get the best deal for big new releases that he can. He has proven time and again that he is capable of doing that. Realistically though, he still needs to work within a set quarterly budget and deal with stances from publishers who need to make money too. That means there is an imposed limit on what he can do, regardless of what he wants to have done. If the deal for a given game is simply a $15-$20 coupon, then thats the best that could be done for that title, which even at that still beats what other retailers offer.

[quote name='confoosious']seriously? Practice what you preach.

Agreed. People need to relax.[/QUOTE]

seriously.... shut the fuck up and stop trolling asshole.

As I've said a number of times, I feel slightly responsible for the general derailment of this topic. >_>; Perhaps it's the summer heat?

On-topic: LA Noire's K-mart deal is a deal I shant forget (still feeling the effects of it even now since I just traded the game in to GS for $37.50) and it made my first trek to K-mart in months (and the second subsequent trip) absolutely worth it. $60 turned into 5 games/some pre-order DLC (so far) , including a release-week title, it's probably the best deal I've gotten in my time on this site, if not my entire game-purchasing life.

Portal 2 for $35 was also fantastic, so between those two deals, K-mart deals are back on my radar (when I had sworn off gaming purchases/release-week deals 'till Fall) which is more or less Mission Accomplished for Josh and co. and he deserves all the praise he gets on here.

That said, that praise and that success should work in the favour of CAGs on here, the better K-mart does, the more capacity they have for deals like that. However, such deals are not to be expected. All that should be expected from K-mart is what's expected from every other game retailer if not a tad less (gotta cut the growing not-electronic/gaming-focused business some slack).

All I'm expecting is that Alice: MR will be $40 during this post-release sale, which I would expect from every other retailer at this point. :bouncy:

Last thing, I'm still really curious about how the B+M stores are doing, if that's need-to-know, just say so Josh.

This website is called cheapassgamer and you people are surprised that people are whiny and cheap about game prices? My oh my.

[quote name='atlantis']This website is called cheapassgamer and you people are surprised that people are whiny and cheap about game prices? My oh my.[/QUOTE]

Would you prefer the website be called "CheapAssGamerWithinReasonableExpectationsOfNonGamingFocusedRetailers"?

Being cheap is okay as long as your expectations are within the boundaries of probable reality. I'm sure it would get grating for everyone here if I expected every title to release @ $50 MSRP like they used to (not including gift cards/store credit offers/superawesome pre-order bonuses).

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Would you prefer the website be called "CheapAssGamerWithinReasonableExpectationsOfNonGamingFocusedRetailers"?[/QUOTE]
CheapGamerMofosFromHell

Does anyone else think that it would be a good idea to change these gaming coupons so that they can also be used towards Blu-rays/DVDs? They don't seem to sell at my store and with the $15/$20 coupons I think it would be more successful since movies are usually at that price range. Just a thought.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Does anyone else think that it would be a good idea to change these gaming coupons so that they can also be used towards Blu-rays/DVDs? They don't seem to sell at my store and with the $15/$20 coupons I think it would be more successful since movies are usually at that price range. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a bad idea, but... no offense to K-mart or anything, I think they prefer the gaming coupons so you have incentive to dilute some of their lower-selling inventory... I think they're doing fine on movies/Blu-Ray sales, but there is quite a lot of clearance/under $20 titles at my 2 local ones.

Picked up my 3DS today! I got Madden free without a problem, and the 25,000 points for memorial day spending. Madden is as bad as expected, but i got Ridge Racer, Ghost Recon, and Samurai Warriors as well. Very fun, they all have pretty cool 3d aside from Madden(hurts my eyes on this one, looks really off).

So the blog will be up Tuesday. That's good.

I think if my Kmart gets the Infamous 2 Hero Edition I might go ahead and bite on that.
I was hoping every new standard copy would come with the Reaper + Weapons DLC but I was reading and it looks like it's only for pre-ordering at those other retailers I mentioned before. However every Hero edition gets all the retailer "exclusive" DLC plus the Reaper/Amp variations.

[quote name='cheesebu']Picked up my 3DS today! I got Madden free without a problem, and the 25,000 points for memorial day spending. Madden is as bad as expected, but i got Ridge Racer, Ghost Recon, and Samurai Warriors as well. Very fun, they all have pretty cool 3d aside from Madden(hurts my eyes on this one, looks really off).[/QUOTE]
What 3DS deal? I don't see one in the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back