Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe someone could get arrested for pointing out that he had to guns. I mean, whats she suppose to do? Wait to see if he uses them? Sounds like she did the right thing. I would think he should get in trouble for arresting someone who was just trying to do the right thing. Now, if he was in uniform, then its her fault.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Yeah, exactly. Does the guy have whatever permit pinned to the front of his shirt. Just seeing a guy wandering around with a pair of guns is plenty to make a lot of people uncomfortable. The cop sounds like an asshole.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you. The cop took it too far from what I can tell in his story. He just gave that woman and probably many others a negative image of the police and the police force. He could have handled it differently. And carrying two guns just seems excessive for anyone. Its not like you're protecting the president or something at that moment.

seeing a holstered weapon on a nonthreatening individual in the united states, particularly in a state where that is not an illegal thing to do is not cause to scream and incite panic. I mean what if someone else who was not trained had taken it as a threat and decided to play hero, causing a completely unnecessary incident? The lady didn't need to scream.

On topic, glad the alice deal got confirmed, i'm hearing great things about it from a lot of people.

[quote name='jer7583']seeing a holstered weapon on a nonthreatening individual in the united states, particularly in a state where that is not an illegal thing to do is not cause to scream and incite panic. I mean what if someone else who was not trained had taken it as a threat and decided to play hero, causing a completely unnecessary incident? The lady didn't need to scream.
[/QUOTE]

Sensible comment is sensible. If you're going to be that paranoid, don't leave your house.

[quote name='DarkRider23']If you're going to be that paranoid, don't leave your house.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the woman who shouted or the man who took two guns with him to go shopping?

I dunno about you guys but I feel alright knowing some police officers, even when off duty carry weapons in case a situation was to arise.

"What, that guy's beating you up for your wallet? i'm not on duty, call 911"

[quote name='jer7583']I dunno about you guys but I feel alright knowing some police officers, even when off duty carry weapons in case a situation was to arise.

"What, that guy's beating you up for your wallet? i'm not on duty, call 911"[/QUOTE]

That's not the point though.

It just seems odd to me to arrest someone for inciting a riot for simply being panicky. You'd think a good officer would calm everyone down and go about their business, especially since he was not in uniform. Instead of, you know, having a laugh with his gf and sending some woman to jail.

I assume both of us know equally as little about what they're trained to do in that situation and he also stated it was left up to the on duty officers, not himself about what to charge the lady with.

[quote name='dino88']Are you referring to the woman who shouted or the man who took two guns with him to go shopping?[/QUOTE]

Cops that lock away criminals on a daily basis never make enemies. Never, ever, ever! If I were a cop, I would be paranoid at all times. You deal with crazy people on a daily basis. All it takes is one crazy person to kill you.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Cops that lock away criminals on a daily basis never make enemies. Never, ever, ever! If I were a cop, I would be paranoid at all times. You deal with crazy people on a daily basis. All it takes is one crazy person to kill you.[/QUOTE]

Is he expecting Alan Rickman to take over a Kmart and hold it hostage?

Most cops I know carry 1 gun. Maybe have another in the trunk.

(Although it's possible that he only had 1 on him and the dumb lady only thought he had two.)

[quote name='confoosious']Is he expecting Alan Rickman to take over a Kmart and hold it hostage?[/QUOTE]
Schieß dem fenster. (long pause) Shoot the glass!

In response to capone..
[quote name='caponesgun']My store just jumped back up to my #1 hated list. I readily acknowledge I am an officer of the law, so for obvious reasons I carry. Michigan is an open-carry state, if it's concealed and I have the permit on me..shopping with it is perfectly legal. While shopping today I bent over to help a lady with an appliance and someone yelled "GUN! HE HAS TWO GUNS!" loudly. I immediately sat down with my hands in the air so no one saw it as a threat. My gf started laughing when I cuffed the woman who yelled it for attempt to incite a riot. She expected the charges to fade when a patrol car stopped by but when I explained the situation they booked her :D I just called the booking officer and she was hysterical in front of the magistrate so they ordered to stay until Friday night

Idiots...[/QUOTE]

I dont know if this is serious but if you are it sounds like nobody handled the situation very well. If she was there and with her children it very well could "scar them for life" depending on age. Imagine being a kid and your mother (perhaps overreacting) throwing a fit and then being cuffed and sent to jail. It's obviously not something that would be remembered fondly. My kid LOVES cops and cop cars, I could well imagine him being scarred for life by it if he saw them taking away his mother.

Did you try to tell her you were an off duty officer? Could she have been calmed without being cuffed for "inciting a riot"? I mean I'd hope you'd tell her she needs to settle down immediately or else you'll be forced to do what you did.

She apparently needs to realize that you live in Michigan but you need to realize that guns are made for one thing, and some people don't handle that well.

PS no offense but you also make your gf sounds like a jackass. laughing as she's cuffed? What a "riot". Hopefully it was more of a giggle to you and not a haha lol type laugh.

If this sounds all angry towards you and not her sorry; it's just because I can't communicate with her or hear her side of the story. Maybe she really did way over react. I've seen strangers with concealed weapons a couple times before and I didn't immediately assume lunatic, and I certainly don't believe it's right to think that simply seeing some guns is going to scar any rational human being.

Well if you can't lock someone up for being an idiot this is as close as you can get. First he wasent waving the gun around chasing people down, he was helping some lady. Second if her excuse was scarring her children then Im worried that seeing a holstered gun will traumatize them.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Well if you can't lock someone up for being an idiot this is as close as you can get. First he wasent waving the gun around chasing people down, he was helping some lady. Second if her excuse was scarring her children then Im worried that seeing a holstered gun will traumatize them.[/QUOTE]
I would guess that she'd mention scarring her children for life after being cuffed or with being threatened, and not simply for seeing the guns. That's nonsensical unless they had some kind of traumatic experience prior. Maybe she was just nuts about it but it just seemed like a normal overreaction from the way capone said it. Shrug.

Here's what I THINK happened. Capone drifts on over to the Big K to snag LA Noire. He didn't get to throw lead at anyone today, but soon that will all change. Figures, the goods aren't on display. Typical Kmart. Typical day. Capones only got two straws left now and he knows he's got to hold onto them like a tot in a twister...

ok that's enough where's sadboy when you need him..

Lol. I love the Cole Phelps theory. Ironically when I re read my post I thought it sounded like something Roy Earle would say.

calling yourself "an officer of the law" sounds kind of douchey. I'd hate to have seen what you would have done had the lady littered instead.

The world needs less cops like that. Was her intent really to "incite a riot"? I find that doubtful and I'm sure the courts will as well. All you ended up doing was ruining a lady and her children's day and waste a lot of peoples time.

Edit: I'm sure taking a moment to explain you are an "officer of the law" would have remedied the situation

The main question is if he was in uniform or not. If not then he was completely unprofessional. Adding to ruining the lady and her kid's day would have made him a disgrace to the law if he wasn't in uniform and treated the lady as such. It might be legal in MI but if anyone see's a person with guns and don't know if they are an "officer of the law" then I'm sure anyone would be uncomfortable.

I think you guys are missing the point- this woman was inside a K-mart, so she probably wasn't very well adjusted to begin with.

How do you think the situation would have played out if he had just been some random guy with a carry permit that didn't know how to defuse the situation (by placing himself in a non-threatening stance)?

If you're going to walk around weilding firearms you should know what the right thing to do is in situations such as this. Problems arise when every john doe in the world is given access to a fire arm and allowed to carry it publicly. Even bigger issues arise in states like New Hampshire where right wing hicks are allowed to bring hunting rifles to policitcal rallies.

Pointing out someone has two firearms, regardless of how she did it shouldn't be a crime and it is doubtful it will be prosecuted as such.

If a person had acted the same at the Arizona policital rally where several people were killed would we had judged them the same way we are this lady?

I'm am pro guns; for hunting, collecting, and protecting oneself but honestly, how many stories do we ever hear about where the "responsible gun owner" was able to protect himself and others while out in public by carrying a concealed weapon? Almost never.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Especially with the "my children are scarred line".[/QUOTE]

wouldnt it be ironic if she was there to pick up a dangerous gun game like gta IV or cod for her kids?

[quote name='GBAstar']calling yourself "an officer of the law" sounds kind of douchey. I'd hate to have seen what you would have done had the lady littered instead.

The world needs less cops like that. Was her intent really to "incite a riot"? I find that doubtful and I'm sure the courts will as well. All you ended up doing was ruining a lady and her children's day and waste a lot of peoples time.

Edit: I'm sure taking a moment to explain you are an "officer of the law" would have remedied the situation[/QUOTE]

The only people who seek power are those who would misuse it. There's a lot of cops like this, and it makes me sad. He didn't want to remedy the situation, he wanted to feel powerful which is why he brings a gun with him everywhere he goes. :roll:

I think this is the off duty officers fault. He knows he has weapons on him, shouldnt he be more careful about how he moves and if they will show when he bends over? Seems kind of reckless to me to not know that bending over to help pick something up will show your guns to anyone looking. I am all for gun rights and have friends that carry and have permits, but they would know better than to let them show.

[quote name='caponesgun']My store just jumped back up to my #1 hated list. I readily acknowledge I am an officer of the law, so for obvious reasons I carry. Michigan is an open-carry state, if it's concealed and I have the permit on me..shopping with it is perfectly legal. While shopping today I bent over to help a lady with an appliance and someone yelled "GUN! HE HAS TWO GUNS!" loudly. I immediately sat down with my hands in the air so no one saw it as a threat. My gf started laughing when I cuffed the woman who yelled it for attempt to incite a riot. She expected the charges to fade when a patrol car stopped by but when I explained the situation they booked her :D I just called the booking officer and she was hysterical in front of the magistrate so they ordered to stay until Friday night

Idiots...[/QUOTE]

So, can we go ahead an nominate you for douchebag of the year?

Idiots...[/QUOTE]

Caponesgun, I'd love to read the arrest report on this. In what municipality did this happen?

Idiots...[/QUOTE]

Hey Tackleberry , Why not just show your credentials and explain the situation? Was an arrest really warranted in this situation ? Sounds like someone needs to work on their IPC Skills. Fishy story is Fishy.

[quote name='GBAstar']calling yourself "an officer of the law" sounds kind of douchey.[/QUOTE]

Do you you say it like Inspector Clouseau?

[quote name='Sanjoelo']Do you you say it like Inspector Clouseau?[/QUOTE]

I figure it kind of came out like he was Cartman.

Idiots...[/QUOTE]
just taking a stab in the dark here, but is there a chance that you're just a douche? Sounds like a crybaby cop who got embarrassed and couldn't handle it.

There are things I couldn't fight against when I was younger and cops harassed me, but now I'm a professional, good job and good connections. If this happens to any of you handle it the same way you handle any other problem. Don't make idle threats that you can't back up, call his supervisor and complain. Call everyday, and keep asking until upper management deals with him. Don't be afraid to go to a supervisor, they'll eventually redirect you to IA, and then you ask to submit a formal complaint. It goes on his record and can be brought up when you go to court over the matter.

[quote name='dutch72']Hey Tackleberry , Why not just show your credentials and explain the situation? Was an arrest really warranted in this situation ? Sounds like someone needs to work on their IPC Skills. Fishy story is Fishy.[/QUOTE]:lol::rofl::bow:

ef5ea8c6f0fc948699630f80bde9b7516224faa8_full.jpg

Idiots...[/QUOTE]

I think everyone is overlooking the fact that the woman was not using her brain at all. If I saw someone with a gun I would not start shouting it for everyone to know. Shouting causes the gun to be pulled and fired if he was looking to commit a crime. Instead of leaving the area and getting her children to a safe location (if she was really concerned for their well-being) and then telling security or calling the police herself she caused a bad situation.

He tried to calm her down but she didn't want it. She would rather run around trying to cause panic instead of listening or viewing his actions as non-threatening.

[quote name='RallyV']He tried to calm her down but she didn't want it. She would rather run around trying to cause panic instead of listening or viewing his actions as non-threatening.[/QUOTE]

You witnessed this? Small world.

[quote name='RallyV']I think everyone is overlooking the fact that the woman was not using her brain at all. If I saw someone with a gun I would not start shouting it for everyone to know. Shouting causes the gun to be pulled and fired if he was looking to commit a crime. Instead of leaving the area and getting her children to a safe location (if she was really concerned for their well-being) and then telling security or calling the police herself she caused a bad situation.

He tried to calm her down but she didn't want it. She would rather run around trying to cause panic instead of listening or viewing his actions as non-threatening.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

[quote name='RallyV']He tried to calm her down but she didn't want it. She would rather run around trying to cause panic instead of listening or viewing his actions as non-threatening.[/QUOTE]

When did he do this? Did you watch a director's cut or something cause the version I saw had him cuffing her as his girlfriend laughed.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']It's just a gun. If it's not pulled, it's not a threat. Seriously people, put on your big boy pants.[/QUOTE]

No one is saying that he was in the wrong to carry. Just that he was in the wrong to *arrest* the fucking woman. Shows a hell of a napoleon complex.

This lady was an idiot. Not a criminal. Making up charges to have a woman arrested so you can laugh about it later is fucking deplorable.

The lady was an idiot, but she wasn't intentionally harming anyone. His actions were willfully cruel and out of line, which is made worse by the fact that he's actually in a position of power.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Back on topic, did anyone pick up Fear 3? Just wondered if its worth picking up.[/QUOTE]

I've got friends begging me to pick it up for co-op, and the reviews seem solid. I'm debating waiting on a price drop myself.

[quote name='RallyV']
He tried to calm her down but she didn't want it. She would rather run around trying to cause panic instead of listening or viewing his actions as non-threatening.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I read the original story several times but keep missing the part in which he tried to calm her down. He never tried to calm her down. By the story he told, he just got down on his knees to try to be non-threatening and then proceeded to arrest her afterwards. Arresting someone doesn't calm anyone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back