Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sevendayrevolution']If you were going to spend 40, it's a great deal.[/QUOTE]

You cannot spend $40. The minimum would be about $47. Considering Kmart's usual selection/prices, it's just not that great. I tried to take advantage of it, but they either didn't have what I wanted, or everything was marked up such that it would have been better to just get it elsewhere and avoid the coupon bologna.

[quote name='takotchi']The minimum would be about $47.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong. It's ok to say the deal is not worth it to you, but stop with the math lessons. I can pick three games just in the OP and get $41.97.

Grabed a copy of Ocarina 3DS & a copy of Alan Wake. Will trade Alan Wake to Best Buy for $11.50 after the 40% promo. Got my 3DS the day of the price drop press release and have been watching for a deal on OoT, this is the best one so far.

Thanks Josh!!

If I were to buy BulletStorm and Mafia 2 but used 10 dollars worth of SYWR points for the purchase, will I still qualify for the 15 dollar coupon?

[quote name='takotchi']You cannot spend $40. The minimum would be about $47. Considering Kmart's usual selection/prices, it's just not that great. I tried to take advantage of it, but they either didn't have what I wanted, or everything was marked up such that it would have been better to just get it elsewhere and avoid the coupon bologna.[/QUOTE]

cool story bro?

Does Kmart have the ability to look up a game title to see if they even have it in stock? I have never had an employee try to look something up before glancing at the shelf and telling me they haven't seen game X in awhile.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Does Kmart have the ability to look up a game title to see if they even have it in stock? I have never had an employee try to look something up before glancing at the shelf and telling me they haven't seen game X in awhile.[/QUOTE]

I used to give them a UPC number and they'd look an item up for me, but as of a few months ago, they told me it's against policy and absolutely refuse to do it.

[quote name='dominator']If I were to buy BulletStorm and Mafia 2 but used 10 dollars worth of SYWR points for the purchase, will I still qualify for the 15 dollar coupon?[/QUOTE]

think u should cuz sywr points count as a form of payment. but i don't remember our conversation a whole lot

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Does Kmart have the ability to look up a game title to see if they even have it in stock? I have never had an employee try to look something up before glancing at the shelf and telling me they haven't seen game X in awhile.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dabamus']I have had no problem at my closest Kmart with them looking up items in the region for me via UPC for KSN.[/QUOTE]

they do have the ability but it has limitations i think (think most stores, not just kmart, have a stock minimum for it to show up or somethin?) but its ymmv since its for employees, but like dabamus said, ppl have been able to get stock checked

[quote name='sdcranford']Grabed a copy of Ocarina 3DS & a copy of Alan Wake. Will trade Alan Wake to Best Buy for $11.50 after the 40% promo. Got my 3DS the day of the price drop press release and have been watching for a deal on OoT, this is the best one so far.

Thanks Josh!![/QUOTE]
Awesome!

[quote name='takotchi']You cannot spend $40. The minimum would be about $47. Considering Kmart's usual selection/prices, it's just not that great. I tried to take advantage of it, but they either didn't have what I wanted, or everything was marked up such that it would have been better to just get it elsewhere and avoid the coupon bologna.[/QUOTE]
Maybe another perspective.....

Let's say you buy two games that are 39.99, reg. 59.99. That is $40 in savings plus a $15 coupon......effectively better than a buy 2 get one in that instance. I guess it is all about someones particular perspective. Not every deal works for everyone but I try lol :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Maybe another perspective.....

Let's say you buy two games that are 39.99, reg. 59.99. That is $40 in savings plus a $15 coupon......effectively better than a buy 2 get one in that instance. I guess it is all about someones particular perspective. Not every deal works for everyone but I try lol :)[/QUOTE]

That's fine, if your store actually carries any of the sale games you're interested in. Mine did not... :whistle2:|

Like I said in a previous post, the selection at Kmart is just bizarre. Example: no Tiger Woods 2012, but lots of 2010 and some 2011, neither of which are in the clearance bin like they are at every other store.

[quote name='takotchi']That's fine, if your store actually carries any of the sale games you're interested in. Mine did not... :whistle2:|

Like I said in a previous post, the selection at Kmart is just bizarre. Example: no Tiger Woods 2012, but lots of 2010 and some 2011, neither of which are in the clearance bin like they are at every other store.[/QUOTE]
What location? That is weird.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Maybe another perspective.....

Let's say you buy two games that are 39.99, reg. 59.99. That is $40 in savings plus a $15 coupon......effectively better than a buy 2 get one in that instance. I guess it is all about someones particular perspective. Not every deal works for everyone but I try lol :)[/QUOTE]

Well I dug it hard.

I bought:

ps3.gif
inFamous
ps3.gif
Resistance 2
ps3.gif
Killzone 2
ps3.gif
Uncharted 2
ps3.gif
Heavy Rain
xbox360.gif
Fable 3
xbox360.gif
Alan Wake X2

xbox360.gif
Buy the Xbox 360 250GB with Kinect bundle for $399.99, get a $75 gaming coupon. For the girlfriend.

Got 3 $15 coupons, and a $75.

Awesome deal if you ask me.

I'd just like to ask for people to tell Amazon about the $10 Alan Wake. I looked at my local Kmart and every store that price matches (Wal-Mart, Sears, Best Buy, and Target) but couldn't find a copy. I really want this damn game!

Oh my lord My store questioned the authenticity of the $75 coupon, they claimed they never offered anything more than $20 or $25. When it printed from their own machine 0_0 oh, retail I love you so

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What location? That is weird.[/QUOTE] Oxon Hill, MD. I hate to single them out, because the other two around here (Springfield, VA and Annandale, VA) are pretty bad too, except I've actually had *some* good experiences at the Oxon Hill store.

Using SYWR points will work with earning coupons. The only thing that using SYWR points affects is the value of the base points you earn on your purchase -- those points only reflect actual money KMart earns through the transaction.

Feel free to use your SYWR points or gift cards at any time EXCEPT when they are running a promotion to earn a multiplier to your base points, generally offered on weekends before gift-giving holidays like Mothers' Day. At times like that, you're better off paying in full and earning extra points to spend the next time. (The 3DS released during one such event this year.)

Somewhere along the line, I must have failed coupon. I got :wii: Tiger Woods 2010 , :ds: Suikoden, and :psp: Castlevania for $47 + $3 in tax. Yet I did not receive a coupon. Before I go bugging Josh, could someone point out where I failed coupon? SI

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sterlingice']Somewhere along the line, I must have failed coupon. I got :wii: Tiger Woods 2010 , :ds: Suikoden, and :psp: Castlevania for $47 + $3 in tax. Yet I did not receive a coupon. Before I go bugging Josh, could someone point out where I failed coupon? SI[/QUOTE] Did you use your SYWR card?

[quote name='caponesgun']Oh my lord My store questioned the authenticity of the $75 coupon, they claimed they never offered anything more than $20 or $25. When it printed from their own machine 0_0 oh, retail I love you so[/QUOTE]

The worse for me was TRU told me that chairs are not considered furniture even though the chair was listed as being on sale on their website. I asked what do you consider them and the manager walked away.

[quote name='Marauder7']The worse for me was TRU told me that chairs are not considered furniture. The chair I wanted to buy was listed on sale on the website. I asked what do you consider them and the manager walked away.[/QUOTE]

i'd consider them lumber if they're wooden. conductors if metal, and insulators if they're plastic. come on man, common sense hmm... i might have to check out these on sale games now... there are no 3ds game deals atm right? and 3ds games are 39.99?

[quote name='Marauder7']The worse for me was TRU told me that chairs are not considered furniture even though the chair was listed as being on sale on their website. I asked what do you consider them and the manager walked away.[/QUOTE]

sometimes we deal seekers know promo's better than store employees....ive been in plenty situations when ive had to wait and denied a deal because of employees not knowing what the hell is going on......best advice....dont even mention the deal to them...let the register do all the work

stores lower/raise prices depending that weeks promo...my wife had been eyeing a sweater from jcp penny that was $25....that next week she got a $10 off $25 or more coupon and we went straight to the register without even blinking only to find out that the sweater dropped 1 cent to $24.99 that week.....

Is there a list of upcoming gaming coupons and their values? I am trying to tie the Amazon credit chain together, and want to do the same to K-Mart. If K-Mart does as good as Amazon, I'll just use K-Mart. I prefer it, honestly.

You're actually pointing out why $40 represents a good number for us. Obviously, the $40 limit is to prevent having two $19.99 games earning a coupon. This was almost certainly intentional, and almost certainly for budgetary reasons. So -- riddle me this: you're trying to create a promotion, and need to prevent a $39.98 sale from counting. Where do you draw the line? Make it "spend $59.99 to earn $15"? So now, any full price game gets it. Or maybe "spend $50 to earn $15"? Or... you could simply make the number as low as you possibly can while still preventing what you're trying to prevent... which would be $40. What I'm saying here is rather than complain about the limit being $40, it might be worth taking a second to understand that number represents the lowest number Josh could put forward that still prevents a combination of things he can't have qualify. I mean, seriously, if he made it $39.98 we'd have people complaining they can't buy four $9.99 games. There is always going to be a line, and it's better to have that line be as low as possible, even if that obviously prevents certain things from qualifying, than having it arbitrarily high.

Hey Josh, why is it that Hawaii Kmartgamers always get the shaft with all these deals. I has a nice stack of games I wanted to grab but none reflected the the first page deals.......................

Yup, I see what Kmart is trying to do here with the spend exactly $40 not $39.98 before taxes/shop rewards points used. The only way around this is to buy something for at least $0.02 in the past people would get a stick of gum or something like that. From my interpretation, that filler has to be something gaming related now. The cheap gaming stuff I have seen at my Kmarts are things I don't want. I'll probably end up spending at least $6.99 to $10 more and Kmart probably already anticipated this, hence the inability to buy just a stick of gum. Yeah, I know that's how businesses work, nobody is forcing me to shop at Kmart , etc.

[quote name='GBAstar']Kmart in the news[/QUOTE]

Was sad to see this was in Maine, but in truth, every store experiences theft and many times it is from employees. It is amazing to me how people will then try to justify it with things like, "i'm grossly underpaid," or "Kmart can afford it." I actually just got a promotion for this very reason and now I am trying to pick up the pieces from the mess that was left to me.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']Was sad to see this was in Maine, but in truth, every store experiences theft and many times it is from employees. It is amazing to me how people will then try to justify it with things like, "i'm grossly underpaid," or "Kmart can afford it." I actually just got a promotion for this very reason and now I am trying to pick up the pieces from the mess that was left to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain every retailers has to deal with this; some more then others. A lot sweep it under the rug and try to deal with it quietly but I'm glad Kmart did a thorough investigation and got the police involved. $4,000 is a lot of merchandise!I only posted this because I've been to the Auburn Kmart and actually liked the electronics section although it felt a little crammed.

[quote name='affa']You're actually pointing out why $40 represents a good number for us. Obviously, the $40 limit is to prevent having two $19.99 games earning a coupon. This was almost certainly intentional, and almost certainly for budgetary reasons. So -- riddle me this: you're trying to create a promotion, and need to prevent a $39.98 sale from counting. Where do you draw the line? Make it "spend $59.99 to earn $15"? So now, any full price game gets it. Or maybe "spend $50 to earn $15"? Or... you could simply make the number as low as you possibly can while still preventing what you're trying to prevent... which would be $40. What I'm saying here is rather than complain about the limit being $40, it might be worth taking a second to understand that number represents the lowest number Josh could put forward that still prevents a combination of things he can't have qualify. I mean, seriously, if he made it $39.98 we'd have people complaining they can't buy four $9.99 games. There is always going to be a line, and it's better to have that line be as low as possible, even if that obviously prevents certain things from qualifying, than having it arbitrarily high.[/QUOTE]

The problem with the whining in this thread is really cause people have no idea how business works. Either that or they do and it ruins their ebay profits.

[quote name='affa']You're actually pointing out why $40 represents a good number for us. Obviously, the $40 limit is to prevent having two $19.99 games earning a coupon. This was almost certainly intentional, and almost certainly for budgetary reasons. So -- riddle me this: you're trying to create a promotion, and need to prevent a $39.98 sale from counting. Where do you draw the line? Make it "spend $59.99 to earn $15"? So now, any full price game gets it. Or maybe "spend $50 to earn $15"? Or... you could simply make the number as low as you possibly can while still preventing what you're trying to prevent... which would be $40. What I'm saying here is rather than complain about the limit being $40, it might be worth taking a second to understand that number represents the lowest number Josh could put forward that still prevents a combination of things he can't have qualify. I mean, seriously, if he made it $39.98 we'd have people complaining they can't buy four $9.99 games. There is always going to be a line, and it's better to have that line be as low as possible, even if that obviously prevents certain things from qualifying, than having it arbitrarily high.[/QUOTE]

It's "$40" because $40-$15 makes it sound like you're getting a good deal. But of course, you have to spend more like $50, but "spend $49 or more..." doesn't look as tempting to people, I guess. Whatever. Kmart deals are apparently a sacred cow on CAG. If Amazon, Best Buy, &c. did this you wouldn't have people defending it.

JOSH / SHC-GAMER: please email me. I emailed you saying I purchased alan wake with the sywr on SUNDAY and it rung up 19.99$..I thought the 9.99 price was EFFECTIVE SUNDAY IN ALL AREAS as per the first post that says all BLOG POSTS are EFFECTIVE EVERYWHERE/ALL AREAS.

[quote name='takotchi']It's "$40" because $40-$15 makes it sound like you're getting a good deal. But of course, you have to spend more like $50, but "spend $49 or more..." doesn't look as tempting to people, I guess. Whatever. Kmart deals are apparently a sacred cow on CAG. If Amazon, Best Buy, &c. did this you wouldn't have people defending it.[/QUOTE]

It isn't a sacred cow, it's that the people complaining about this appear to not understand the deal, even though it was pretty clear to the rest of us. i.e. 39.98 doesn't equal 40.00. The other part is that a lot of the complaints aren't polite or constructive, they're simply whining, name calling or flat out insulting. And since it's the internet, there probably have been some constructive criticisms in there that were taken in an unintended tone that had some backlash as the result, but I would hope that's the minority.

And if one of the other companies had an employee put in the effort to talk to us on CAG like Josh does, we probably would defend them. I don't know Josh personally, but it's obvious he's a gamer and is putting forth effort as part of his job to help out other gamers. We like that, so we defend him and the deals he puts out.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yup, I see what Kmart is trying to do here with the spend exactly $40 not $39.98 before taxes/shop rewards points used. The only way around this is to buy something for at least $0.02 in the past people would get a stick of gum or something like that. From my interpretation, that filler has to be something gaming related now. The cheap gaming stuff I have seen at my Kmarts are things I don't want. I'll probably end up spending at least $6.99 to $10 more and Kmart probably already anticipated this, hence the inability to buy just a stick of gum. Yeah, I know that's how businesses work, nobody is forcing me to shop at Kmart , etc.[/QUOTE]I'd get a $29.99 game and $14.99 game if you want to maximize the savings.

[quote name='takotchi']It's "$40" because $40-$15 makes it sound like you're getting a good deal. But of course, you have to spend more like $50, but "spend $49 or more..." doesn't look as tempting to people, I guess. Whatever. Kmart deals are apparently a sacred cow on CAG. If Amazon, Best Buy, &c. did this you wouldn't have people defending it.[/QUOTE]

There are no dollar stores for gamers, I understand being cheap, but cmon. Kmart's efforts have produced some great things in the gaming community, including excitement over their sales, as well as increased competition in the marketplace (which is good for everyone)

I'm going to go to McDonalds now and complain about the dollar menu.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']

I'm going to go to McDonalds now and complain about the dollar menu.[/QUOTE]

Don't even get me started on those aholes! They say dollar menu but they charge you $1.08 before they give it to you. Why the extra 8 cents? Why can't they just give it to me for $1 since it's so close anyway and that's what they advertise it for. Bait and switch!

No Alan Wake at Plymouth (#4481) or Westland, MI (#4163) Kmarts :cry:. At least none that I could find. There were at least 3 different places for 360 games in the Westland store. 4 if you count the locked cabinet(s). I'm going to just assume Josh bought all the copies before he left for Chicago in order to flip them.

Also, I was expecting to be handed $15 just for walking into Kmart. No one gave me any free money. Such a bait and switch ;).

It amazes me how people continually find ways to complain about these deals. Not only was it a $15 coupon, but tons of games were discounted on top of that. If I were Josh, I would have thrown my hands up months ago and said, "What a bunch of self-entitled babies. I give up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back