Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh,

Any chance we'll be seeing a deal on Infamous 2 anytime soon? I seem to remember you posting that there was a freeze on Sony first party deals until they've been out for a while.

[quote name='Vigilante']To (kind of) start a new discussion, what does everyone think about the recently-posted Captain America: Super Soldier review on the KmartGamer website?
.[/QUOTE]

Always thought it looked promising, just not willing to drop much on purchase. Pretty much waiting for a sub $20 price, kinda like what I did with the Wolverine game

[quote name='Vigilante']:applause: Bravo, Josh! There's no need to apologize.

Now, let's take a look here at my coupon train...*gulp*

8-23 :ps3: Deus Ex Human Revolution $20 Gaming Coupon + 8x11 Collectible Print
9-9 :3ds: Star Fox 64 3D
9-19 :ds: Kirby Mass Attack [NOTE: I'm hoping Kirby Returns to Dreamland comes out the same day/week and that there will be a combined deal for both]
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection
10-18 :ps3: Batman Arkham City
11-11 :360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-15 :360: Saint's Row: The Third
11-21 :3ds: Kid Icarus
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart

Let me start off by saying that I really like the format here, Josh: clear and direct.

I think that compared to most people, I'll be buying fewer games this holiday season (I'm willing to wait for sales/price drops on others like AC:R, Dark Souls, Rage, etc., while the above list contains my potential day-one purchases with my desired platform for the multiplatform games), but my gosh, there's still a lot of games that interest me. My wallet will probably begin crying...now. 8-[[/QUOTE]

Your list nearly matches up to my thoughts on those releases. I'd probably go for Dark Souls right away partly because there was a period of time where Demons Souls became hard to find.

November releases seem to be sequel-rama. Only game that has me excited is SR3 and that's because of the craziness. I mean you can get a v-tol near the start of the game and go nuts. I'm sure I'll get a few other titles, just depends on the coupon situation at the time.

[quote name='confoosious']Hey how about a deal on Pinball Hall of Fame 3DS? Am I the only one excited about this?[/QUOTE]

No idea this even existed. I'd pick it up if it's like the other Pinball HoF titles. Although it's one of those titles I would rather see as a downloadable title.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']:applause: I hope this becomes a new meme for this thread.[/QUOTE]
His question was answered fourteen posts ago.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Hopefully getting out ahead of the crowd will help it sales-wise. My cynicism will only grow if the market rejects it completely in favor of Call of Duty 8.[/QUOTE]
I definitely think it's releasing at a great time and will sell some extra copies because of it. People are probably itching for a good game right about now after such a lull. I am anyway.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Very limited, less than 300 of each for 360 and PS3[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a very small quantity! Hopefully my local store will have it. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='yahoosale14']idk about that...a large amount of people will only buy game A when it hits $10,$20 etc.

although paying $60 without a $10-$20 credit is illegal here. :)[/QUOTE]

There are maybe 10 games I have played this generation that I would have payed $60 with no questions asked. Other than those I would say it is a crime to pay retail without getting anything back.

[quote name='ShockandAww'][FONT=&quot]Here's my list of games. As if I'll be able to stop myself from buying more. Bolded = I'm so excited I just couldn't hide it.

[/FONT]
8-23 Deus Ex Human Revolution
9-6 Dead Island
10-4 Rage
10-4 Dark Souls
10-18 Batman Arkham City

10-25 Battlefield 3
11-1 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

11-8 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-15 Saint's Row: The Third

11-15Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-20 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (maybe)

As for Deus Ex It's getting some positive reviews so far. OXM 8.5'd it and said the voice acting was terrible, story was disappointing, killer music, gameplay is a superb mix of stealth/combat[/QUOTE]
Not to get your hopes up but I'm trying to get stupid with BAC

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not to get your hopes up but I'm trying to get stupid with BAC[/QUOTE]

Too late. Hopes officially up.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not to get your hopes up but I'm trying to get stupid with BAC[/QUOTE]
Muahahaha. Honestly I think it'll end up getting quite a few GOTY awards depending on the story pulling together. AA got largely passed up, Uncharted 3 would have to have an amazing story to have much of a chance (which is completely possible but I doubt it will be that good. Maybe a very good story + multiplayer could do it though), and Skyrim looks pretty good and I'm sure will be...but meh lol.

PS I wouldnt order a ton of CEs of Batman or anything though because it looks like garbage. Also some CAGs already got in on the Amazon price error a few weeks ago.

Anyone know if there are going to be deals for the PC version of games that are coming out for it? The ones I'm looking at primarily are Rage and Skyrim. Doesn't look to good since there's no icon for it, but there have been deals in the past, so figured I'd ask.

[quote name='nuiker']Anyone know if there are going to be deals for the PC version of games that are coming out for it? The ones I'm looking at primarily are Rage and Skyrim. Doesn't look to good since there's no icon for it, but there have been deals in the past, so figured I'd ask.[/QUOTE]
Battlefield, MW3 and Skyrim. Not guaranteeing but these are the titles I was considering PC for.

I hope that TBD on the end of Madden 12 gets stupid as well. I could use some stupidness to get this train going.

Really looking forward to KMart's Disgaea 4 promo.

This post is entirely serious. Please let me know the very moment anyone hears anything about it.

Hey Josh, have you heard anything about when Kirby Returns to Dreamland (formerly known as Kirby Wii) might be releasing? I would think it'd come out the same day/week as Kirby Mass Attack...

Also, if it turns out that they'd release the same week, would you consider a combo sort of deal for buying both, like I suggested on your FB page back in May? :bouncy:

EDIT: [quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not to get your hopes up but I'm trying to get stupid with BAC[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure why, but this sounded really hilarious when I read it (even more so if you interpret BAC as the typical "Blood Alcohol Content" :p). I hope "get stupid" means something along the lines of the Vanquish deal last year...or possibly even better.

8-23 :360::ps3: Deus Ex Human Revolution $20 Gaming Coupon + 8x11 Collectible Print
9-9 :3ds: Star Fox 64 3D
9-19 :ds: Kirby Mass Attack
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-21 :3ds: Kid Icarus

holy crap, november is busy.

I'm still not convinced that we wont' see a skyrim delay to 2012..

[quote name='jer7583']holy crap, november is busy.

I'm still not convinced that we wont' see a skyrim delay to 2012..[/QUOTE]
You know, I can't fault you for thinking that, but I would be SHOCKED if it was delayed.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hey Josh, have you heard anything about when Kirby Returns to Dreamland (formerly known as Kirby Wii) might be releasing? I would think it'd come out the same day/week as Kirby Mass Attack...

Also, if it turns out that they'd release the same week, would you consider a combo sort of deal for buying both, like I suggested on your FB page back in May? :bouncy:

EDIT:
I'm not sure why, but this sounded really hilarious when I read it (even more so if you interpret BAC as the typical "Blood Alcohol Content" :p). I hope "get stupid" means something along the lines of the Vanquish deal last year...or possibly even better.[/QUOTE]
You know what's funny, the whole buy a game get x off (plus a coupon of course) didn't really work out.

The LA Noire one did of course but that was free :)

I don't mind the combo idea, if it comes out at the same time I'll need to consider that.

Josh if you have All of those offers you posted all come through I'll be buying at least 20 games from kmart this fall (barring any sort of monetary emergency). Great job

Kid icarus 3DS in November... I didn't expect it until 2012.

I would definately be in for a kirby wii/ds combo deal.

Is zelda:SS coming bundled with the gold wiimote+ or each sold seperately?

I'm glad you have things like dance central 2 on the list. I am hoping for a points carx with that one.

Thanks for all the deals!

Id mainly be looking for $20 dollar gaming coupons on these games

Batman Arkham City
Skyrim
Saints row 3
Assassins Creed Revelations

I would have said Gears 3 but already pre ordered from walmart.

Also a $50 dollar gaming coupon for buying a PS3 would work too. ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You know what's funny, the whole buy a game get x off (plus a coupon of course) didn't really work out.

The LA Noire one did of course but that was free :)

I don't mind the combo idea, if it comes out at the same time I'll need to consider that.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, that was for half off Infamous 1 with the purchase of Infamous 2. At that same time, Sony was introducing their welcome back program with the 2 free PS3 game downloads, one of which was Infamous 1. Wasn't really hard to predict that Infamous 1 wasn't going to sell so well because of that :p

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You know what's funny, the whole buy a game get x off (plus a coupon of course) didn't really work out.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Your Vanquish deal was the only reason I picked up that title (I actually had never heard of it prior to you announcing your deal). I enjoyed Vanquish, and if you did a similar deal these days on an unknown title, I would give it a try.

I remember the little big planet 2/mass effect 2 deal from earlier this year where if you bought either you could get a second game half off. just so happen that was the week Dead Space 2 came out with a $20 psn card with purchase. Two brand new games and a psn card for 90 pre tax. Yes Please!! Looking forward to something like this again considering so many games coming out this holiday.

[quote name='Megatim81']Kid icarus 3DS in November... I didn't expect it until 2012.

[/QUOTE]

Considering November 21st is a monday I'm going to guess that is a placeholder date, as everything I've seen says Holiday still. Monday would be a weird release date but then again Starfox is releasing on a friday... still going with placeholder though. Plus there's no way they release it a day after Skyward Sword comes out. I hope they announce an october release date so they can get to work on the new Smash Bros. Already!

Also my list for this year
10-11 RockSmith
11-8 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-20 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-21 Kid Icarus
12-11 Mario Kart 7

Will get Halo Anniversary eventually but no way I'm buying it between MW3 and Skyward Sword, plus since I work at Kmart there will be no thanksgiving holiday to get any gaming done with black friday and all. I think this is the most tightly packed holiday I've ever seen, especially the two weeks in Nov. I'm sure there will be some delays, but still.

[quote name='Miro']IIRC, that was for half off Infamous 1 with the purchase of Infamous 2. At that same time, Sony was introducing their welcome back program with the 2 free PS3 game downloads, one of which was Infamous 1. Wasn't really hard to predict that Infamous 1 wasn't going to sell so well because of that :p[/QUOTE]
I was actually referring to my Halo Reach and Black ops offers LY. Both titles did great for us but the attach rate for the second game was very low.

Hoping for good deals on the God of War collection, Sotc collection and Metal gear collection, in addition to everything else listed, kmart is the only place that will have offers on these prob.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was actually referring to my Halo Reach and Black ops offers LY. Both titles did great for us but the attach rate for the second game was very low.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually really surprised to hear this. I don't remember the specifics of the Reach deal, as I acquired it through other means, but the Blops deal was beyond sick. I picked up GTA: complete edition for only $15, which was and still is cheaper than buying both dlcs regularly. Even if you didn't want the game, you could've flipped that for a decent profit. Maybe the issue was with stock, as I remember there only being a few copies of GTA when I was at knart soon after opening on 11-9-10. FWIW, I also picked upon the turtle beach part of that deal too. The Blops deal was really your best work last year Josh. I guess what I'm saying is don't give up on the combo deal.

[quote name='chatgirl4']Just a heads up, the silent hlll hd collection is confirmed for xbox 360[/QUOTE]

As a Silent Hill fan, would love to see a Deal on this as well ;)

[quote name='panda911']I'm actually really surprised to hear this. I don't remember the specifics of the Reach deal, as I acquired it through other means, but the Blops deal was beyond sick. I picked up GTA: complete edition for only $15, which was and still is cheaper than buying both dlcs regularly. Even if you didn't want the game, you could've flipped that for a decent profit. Maybe the issue was with stock, as I remember there only being a few copies of GTA when I was at knart soon after opening on 11-9-10. FWIW, I also picked upon the turtle beach part of that deal too. The Blops deal was really your best work last year Josh. I guess what I'm saying is don't give up on the combo deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the black ops deal was awesome but I'm afraid Kmart ran into the following speed bumps

A) I tried two different stores and none of them had ANY of the headsets
B) Cashier error - Many posters reported having a hell of a time trying to get everything to ring up correctly and still get the 25,000 SYWR (remember this was during the SYWR switch over period and the SYWR department was having difficulties of their own)

The patches were super cool to. I was able to get two of them; one for each copy I purchased but several posters reported that they were told that their particular store "never received a shipment" and then of course a week later listings popped up all over eBay.

[quote name='fatpants']Interesting. Your Vanquish deal was the only reason I picked up that title (I actually had never heard of it prior to you announcing your deal). I enjoyed Vanquish, and if you did a similar deal these days on an unknown title, I would give it a try.[/QUOTE]

I bought Vanquish from Kmart's deal. I also bought Yakuza 4, which wasn't quite the same deal, but have a feeling not many would buy a game and its prequel at the same time.

Well 17 games on that list alone is looking at me and my wallet.... I say I will have my hands tied for awhile after work for a very long time. Can't forget the backlog on Black Friday and Holiday sales either.
Should keep me busy till Mass Effect 3 :D

Thank you Josh for all the great deals and all the hard work. It's so nice to be able to ride this awesome chain and save XXX amounts of cash on something I would spend on used that some 8 year old was chewing on.

Josh,

I guess no deal on The Gunstringer? That's one Kinect game I really want :D

Also do something super awesoem for Dance Central and Kinect Sports 2, both come out same day :D

[quote name='Joartrak']Well 17 games on that list alone is looking at me and my wallet.... I say I will have my hands tied for awhile after work for a very long time. Can't forget the backlog on Black Friday and Holiday sales either.
Should keep me busy till Mass Effect 3 :D

Thank you Josh for all the great deals and all the hard work. It's so nice to be able to ride this awesome chain and save XXX amounts of cash on something I would spend on used that some 8 year old was chewing on.[/QUOTE]

I look at that list and it just makes me mad we sit through Half of May. June, July and half of Aug with almost nothing and then we get this deluge for 3 straight months. I refuse to believe that if 2-3 of those games released during the summer they would not sell big. Maybe they are not ready yet but why put yourself in direct competition with some of these huge AAA titles.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Battlefield, MW3 and Skyrim. Not guaranteeing but these are the titles I was considering PC for.[/QUOTE]Aww i was hoping to get Dead island and Rage on PC.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I look at that list and it just makes me mad we sit through Half of May. June, July and half of Aug with almost nothing and then we get this deluge for 3 straight months. I refuse to believe that if 2-3 of those games released during the summer they would not sell big. Maybe they are not ready yet but why put yourself in direct competition with some of these huge AAA titles.[/QUOTE]
I look at it selfishly. You can work on your back log during the summer, and since all these games do come out at the same time, it is likely you can get a couple of them on the cheap early the next year since a few will bomb at retail since there are too many games out at one time.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I look at that list and it just makes me mad we sit through Half of May. June, July and half of Aug with almost nothing and then we get this deluge for 3 straight months. I refuse to believe that if 2-3 of those games released during the summer they would not sell big. Maybe they are not ready yet but why put yourself in direct competition with some of these huge AAA titles.[/QUOTE]

Everyone want's a piece of the holiday sales action so I can kind of understand why the ass end of the year is loaded but going for that many months with almost 0 is kind of silly...

8-23 :ps3: Deus Ex Human Revolution $20 Gaming Coupon
9-6 :ps3: Resistance 3
9-13 :ps3: NHL 12
10-4 :ps3: Rage
10-18 :ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-25 :ps3: Battlefield 3
11-1 :ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-11 :ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-15 :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations

This is how I would coupon train them if I had the money.

After looking over that release calendar again, it makes me sad that you guys are going to carry Rocksmith, which has a high potential to bomb since it's yet another unproven name joining the struggling music game genre and releasing at (I believe) $79.99, yet there's no mention of Cursed Crusade from ATLUS, despite the fact it was dropped to a $39.99 retail price and has the potential to move a few units given the lower price and even the ATLUS name itself.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']After looking over that release calendar again, it makes me sad that you guys are going to carry Rocksmith, which has a high potential to bomb since it's yet another unproven name joining the struggling music game genre and releasing at (I believe) $79.99, yet there's no mention of Cursed Crusade from ATLUS, despite the fact it was dropped to a $39.99 retail price and has the potential to move a few units given the lower price and even the ATLUS name itself.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that KMART can turn down a Ubisoft title. They may only have to have a few in each store, but you do not want to upset one of the biggest publishers out there.

First question was answered a few pages back, they only have 300 stock per platform of the augmented edition, unless you requested it sent to your store, probably a no go and yes the $20 coupon offer is valid on that as well.

[quote name='jkircos']I doubt that KMART can turn down a Ubisoft title. They may only have to have a few in each store, but you do not want to upset one of the biggest publishers out there.[/QUOTE]
We can turn them down, but you are right, the key is Ubisoft.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']First question was answered a few pages back, they only have 300 stock per platform of the augmented edition, unless you requested it sent to your store, probably a no go and yes the $20 coupon offer is valid on that as well.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it's a big thread, hard to browse it all.

How do I request one to be sent to my store? Or is it to late for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back