KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, must have overlooked it. Thanks for the answers!

Now just need to decide if I'll get just Skyrim, or wait and get SR3, MW3, or ACR as well.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Interesting, must have overlooked it. Thanks for the answers!

Now just need to decide if I'll get just Skyrim, or wait and get SR3, MW3, or ACR as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This year is especially hard to determine which retailer to get things from. Everyone is having pretty good deals. I get most of mine from Kmart and have since Josh started offering all these deals but lately, I have wondered to other retailers and have taken advantage of their deals. If you buy a lot of new games, this year is a logistics nightmare.

Tampa store on 56th had tons of MW 3 last night, but no Hardeneds for anyone who wanted one.

Got MW 3 for 360, Goldeneye for PS3 and used $60 in coupons -- the $50 in coupons printed out no problems, so everything works great at this store, as usual. I didn't see any 4000 point cards but this store usually never has point cards anyways, in my experience.

Can't wait to get Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Saints Row 3 for $40 next week!

Still debating on getting Skyrim at K-Mart... $15 coupon or no, I'm not sure if I want to deal with the potential headache of them not knowing it comes out on Friday, especially since the only time I can get there is when the store opens and not the usual evening time with the employees I know.

Purchased MW3, Just Dance 3, and filler Lego Indian Jones 2, and donated $5 to Saint Jude Hospital for ~ 130 from Penn Station. Waiting for next week to use my 2 $50 next week.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']One local K-Mart had NBA 2K12 on sale for $44.99. Valid 11/6-11/12.

Anyone else notice something similar at their store, or does no one care?[/QUOTE]
This is confirmed.

Forgot to thank Josh for emptying out my bank account this holiday season and forcing me to clear out my old games so that I can fit all my new games into my drawer. Love using the PS3 Wireless Headsets that I got from last week with Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, and MW3. Enjoying every bullet being shot and finally having an idea where are they coming from. Think I may have heard footsteps too if I listen closely :)

[quote name='Green__Ranger']Just a warning to anyone buying the deal at Astor Place (Broadway store) in New York.

The 4000 XBOX points stocked are expired. The only ones they were carrying (Orange+White lettering, in a plastic case) are dated must redeem by 2009. They also didn't require the 'normal activation' required at the register.

I bought one, read the back today and saw that. Think I'm stuck with it, in addition to not getting the discount with MW3 at purchase.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I bought a few $20 live points card from Kmart last year and haven't use them yet. I need to check if they already expired tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

[quote name='IronClaw']I agree. This year is especially hard to determine which retailer to get things from. Everyone is having pretty good deals. I get most of mine from Kmart and have since Josh started offering all these deals but lately, I have wondered to other retailers and have taken advantage of their deals. If you buy a lot of new games, this year is a logistics nightmare.[/QUOTE]

For me I think it comes down to time. I don't usually buy a lot of new games, but I do like to get the best value for my money and make sure that when I do buy a new game I have time to play it. My concern with buying Skyrim on Friday is that I get the $15 coupon, have to use it around Black Friday, and still will end up having to spend around $30 for an older game. If I wait until Sunday or Tuesday I can get Skyrim as well as another game for basically the cost of one new game, or just spend that $30 now instead of later.

As much as I love the multiplayer from Brotherhood, I know I realistically won't play much of it in Revelations. As such, I'll probably just buy pre-owned from GS when I can get the game used under the extended holiday warranty, play the single player (which is what I care about), and just take it back for a refund. MW3 I think I'll mostly just play mutliplayer, and when I do play singleplayer I expect to beat it in two or three sittings and not look back, so that would potentially be a great value. With Saint's Row 3 I can see myself spending a bunch of time with that game, but it kind of clashes with the type of game and the time I'll spend with Skyrim. Also, with the holiday rush, I imagine Saint's Row 3 gets buried and will hit discount bins pretty quickly.

So for me the main question is how much free time do I have (so how many final papers can I get started on/near completion leading up to this weekend), and where am I getting the best value. For the most part K-Mart has offered me the best value, now I'm just waiting to decide what to buy and when.

So let me do the math for all of you. Here's what you will actually be spending out of your pockets to get all the discounts and savings:

Spend $60 x 2 = $120, get $50 in coupons
Spend $60 + $30 (1/2 of $60) = $90
-------------------------------------------------
Total spent is $120 + $90 = $210 -$50 coupons = $160 for 4 games. That is still $40 each, and $160 total out of your own pockets.

[quote name='Investor']So let me do the math for all of you. Here's what you will actually be spending out of your pockets to get all the discounts and savings:

Total spent is $120 + $90 = $210 -$50 coupons = $160 for 4 games. That is still $40 each, and $160 total out of your own pockets.[/QUOTE]

That's assuming that your just now starting on the coupon train. You also need to take into consideration that the month of November is double SYWR points that could be technically used to reduce the overall out of pocket expense.

[quote name='Investor']So let me do the math for all of you. Here's what you will actually be spending out of your pockets to get all the discounts and savings:

Total spent is $120 + $90 = $210 -$50 coupons = $160 for 4 games. That is still $40 each, and $160 total out of your own pockets.[/QUOTE]

The deal will not work like that. You will not be able to use the coupons on the b1g1 50% off deal next week. This has been confirmed by Josh.

Spend $60 - $50 coupon = $10
Spend $60

Total Spent is $190

Unless the deal has been updated without my knowledge.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']This is confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Any other unadvertised deals this week? I didn't see 2k12 or any others in the OP.

[quote name='IronClaw']That's assuming that your just now starting on the coupon train. You also need to take into consideration that the month of November is double SYWR points that could be technically used to reduce the overall out of pocket expense.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, these are the sellers for me. That and not getting in on the spend $110 get a $50 voucher deal. Personally I'm just looking at the 2 for $90 and using my $30 voucher on that to make it 2 for $60, which I think is a great price for two new games that could potentially last quite a while.

can i use my $20 bf3 gaming coupon with the buy 1, get 1 50% off sale?

i assume i can, but i wanted to double check.

A bit OT but I had a dream about Skyrim...I was in the game and it was mixed with Dark Souls.

When I defeated a demon, the world turned into ni no kuni. :lol:

On that note I cant wait for skyrim!

I wonder sometimes if the people who can't be bothered to read the thread, or even the last 10 posts of a thread, ever bother to read the responses to their questions?

[quote name='BFox549']can i use my $20 bf3 gaming coupon with the buy 1, get 1 50% off sale?

i assume i can, but i wanted to centuple check.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

I fixed it for you.

And if you haven't figured it out yet from the post just two up from yours, yes you can.

I don't think I've ever spent more time mulling over deals. I've spent hours looking at this thread and have created spreadsheets on multiple occasions trying to calculate potential savings. I gotta say it's kind of a pain in the ass! :oldman:

That being said I'll definitely be partaking and I'm glad these deals exist.

My latest plan of attack is as follows:

11/11/11
Use Uncharted 3 $20 off to buy Skyrim and Arkham City, netting a $50 coupon.

11/14/11
Use $50 coupon to buy a 3DS and Mario, getting another $50 coupon

December
Use $50 to buy Saints Row or Skyward Sword

This will work right? I'm assuming you can use gaming coupons to buy a 3DS.

So for my final purchase of this season (unless Josh puts out another irresistible deal), I will be getting Skyrim on Sunday, applying my $50 coupon, and bagging it for a cool $10. Sweetness!

I have to say, Josh did a bang-up job of raiding my bank account this season. I was initially only interested in buying two games - Uncharted 3 and Modern Warfare 3, both of which I had pre-ordered at $48 from Newegg. Then the Arkham City deal showed up out of nowhere and, being a relentless min-maxer, forced me to rethink my entire game purchase schedule. Here is what ensued:

Arkham City: $59.99 + 4.95 tax = $64.94 with a $30 coupon
Uncharted 3: $59.99 - 30.00 AC Coupon + 2.47 tax = $32.47 with a $20 coupon
Modern Warfare 3: $99.99 Hardened + 59.99 Regular - 20.00 U3 Coupon - 53.00 sold regular copy of MW3 + 11.55 tax = $98.53 Hardened with a $50 coupon
Skyrim: $59.99 - 50.00 MW3 Coupon + 0.82 tax= $10.81

Grand total of $206.75 for all these games on RELEASE DATE, with $100 in total savings. I'm a happy camper. :) I think that's about as efficiently as I could have used these coupons, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Hell, I may even be able to sell my COD Founders card on eBay since I'm getting Founder status just by activating Elite prior to the 13th. I see it going for around $60 on eBay right now; that would knock my total down to $146.75, and would be AWESOME.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Read the OP[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty was added later, just wondering if Battlefield 3 was going to be added as well.

Jeff

was going to pull the trigger on these deals but called and went to a couple kmart and they are unfortunately out of games that i wanted, namely battlefield 3 and uncharted, any one else have trouble finding their games?

Hi Jeff. Not at the moment, and I don't really think BF3 will be since it was released earlier. Having said that, you can just purchase BF3 and some other game right now to get that $50 coupon to be used next week on the B1G1 1/2 off.

[quote name='jedijeff']Call of Duty was added later, just wondering if Battlefield 3 was going to be added as well.

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Any chance on a sale of MGS HD Collection before Christmas? I actually want the game now since I learned that 2 and 3 in the collection are the special editions of those games, making my ps2 copies useless. I just think $50 is too high since those types of collections generally start at $40 and really should start at $30.

[quote name='Marauder7']Friend wants to know if he can use his Sears Rewards Card at Kmart and get the coupons or does he need to apply for SYWR card?[/QUOTE]

It's the same one.

Just so I'm clear on this, I have a $20 coupon that expires on the 19th but I have nothing that jumps out at me that sparks my interest. Can I use my $20 on a 4000 Microsoft point card or something like that?

[quote name='kerouac kid']The deal will not work like that. You will not be able to use the coupons on the b1g1 50% off deal next week. This has been confirmed by Josh.
[/QUOTE]

And this is why we have so many repeated questions.

[quote name='salty tbone']I wonder sometimes if the people who can't be bothered to read the thread, or even the last 10 posts of a thread, ever bother to read the responses to their questions?[/QUOTE]

Nope. They just ask again 2 pages later. :roll:

Picked up skylanders and metal gear collection yesterday. Got $15 coupon but no $35. Emailed Kmart ad they're sending out a gift card. You guys rock. Seriously. I shop at Kmart because I feel like I get taken care of even if there's a problem.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Just so I'm clear on this, I have a $20 coupon that expires on the 19th but I have nothing that jumps out at me that sparks my interest. Can I use my $20 on a 4000 Microsoft point card or something like that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use it on 4000 points card, or 2 1600 cards if you do't want to spend so much at once.

[quote name='coldstreakd']Yes, you can use it on 4000 points card, or 2 1600 cards if you do't want to spend so much at once.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks. I wanted to make sure before I made the trek there this afternoon.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Just so I'm clear on this, I have a $20 coupon that expires on the 19th but I have nothing that jumps out at me that sparks my interest. Can I use my $20 on a 4000 Microsoft point card or something like that?[/QUOTE]

Yes it should work.

Read the OP several times and scanned the posts from the past day but didn't find what I'm looking for. Need an update on the issues reported yesterday related to the $20 off XBL 4000 points card with purchase of MW3. For those trying to get in on the spend $110 or more and get $50 coupon, the $20 off the XBL points card was reducing the initial amount of the gaming purchase. So, for example, buying 2 copies of MW3 and the XBL points card was only netting a $15 coupon instead of the $35 + $15 coupons because the spending threshold was not being met. That is, only $100 was being calculated ($120 for both games - $20 off from the points card deal). Has this issue been fixed? I plan on getting MW3, Skyrim, and the points card on Friday. Should I add a filler $10+ game just to make sure I meet the minimum $110 gaming purchase so I get the $50 in coupons to print out?

Update: Went back a few more pages and saw several posts confirming that the points card glitch seems to be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this isn't a frequently asked question (looked on the first page and throughout the thread before posting), but is there any word on whether or not Kmart will have Skyward Sword or Mario 3D Land available on their individual Sunday releases?

I've been to my local store before for Nintendo titles and I know there is always confusion with the employees as to whether they have them in, and if they are even allowed to sell them since they're so used to Tuesday game releases. Not so important for Mario 3D Land, but I really don't want to miss out on getting Skyward Sword's LE Bundle since each store will only be getting 3 in, so I just wanted to clarify.

[quote name='Solid Snake Man']Hopefully this isn't a frequently asked question (looked on the first page and throughout the thread before posting), but is there any word on whether or not Kmart will have Skyward Sword or Mario 3D Land available on their individual Sunday releases?

I've been to my local store before for Nintendo titles and I know there is always confusion with the employees as to whether they have them in, and if they are even allowed to sell them since they're so used to Tuesday game releases. Not so important for Mario 3D Land, but I really don't want to miss out on getting Skyward Sword's LE Bundle since each store will only be getting 3 in, so I just wanted to clarify.[/QUOTE]

They should no doubt have them in. My suggestion is take your weekly ad to the store with you (assuming those games are in the ad) and show them it says Sunday if they give you any problem. Honestly though, I wouldn't be worried.

[quote name='Solid Snake Man']Hopefully this isn't a frequently asked question (looked on the first page and throughout the thread before posting), but is there any word on whether or not Kmart will have Skyward Sword or Mario 3D Land available on their individual Sunday releases?

I've been to my local store before for Nintendo titles and I know there is always confusion with the employees as to whether they have them in, and if they are even allowed to sell them since they're so used to Tuesday game releases. Not so important for Mario 3D Land, but I really don't want to miss out on getting Skyward Sword's LE Bundle since each store will only be getting 3 in, so I just wanted to clarify.[/QUOTE]

It's a store by store thing. All stores will have them before Sunday and it's up to them to have them out. Josh said it would be featured in the ad with Sunday's date which is all they can do to try to ensure the stores follow through with it

[quote name='Davivascaino']I am really planning to buy the nintendo 3ds next week using my 50 bucks coupon I got from MW3. And I would get an extra 35 bucks in coupon. damn it, I want to wait for the hardware revision (maybe nintendo will put the second analog stick soon), but this deal is so tempting. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
Everyone's decision is based on their own criteria. You need to consider the reasons why you should or should not buy it. I bought mine during the price drop free games loop.

Sorry to be the one to look at the negative side of things, but the only thing that concerns me about using the coupon next week on the BOGO is this post from the KmartGamer Facebook page

KmartGamer
Here's what I can say, just spoke with Josh. "Technically, gaming coupons are excluded for BOGO offers as stated on the gaming coupons, but, systematically it appears you can use them. Just keep in mind that stores do have the right to not allow you to use them since they are suppose to be excluded."

It's worth a try anyway, buy I'm guessing this would mean that if anyone that gets refused, they're SOL.

[quote name='Vinnyg32']Sorry to be the one to look at the negative side of things, but the only thing that concerns me about using the coupon next week on the BOGO is this post from the KmartGamer Facebook page

KmartGamer
Here's what I can say, just spoke with Josh. "Technically, gaming coupons are excluded for BOGO offers as stated on the gaming coupons, but, systematically it appears you can use them. Just keep in mind that stores do have the right to not allow you to use them since they are suppose to be excluded."

It's worth a try anyway, buy I'm guessing this would mean that if anyone that gets refused, they're SOL.[/QUOTE]

That verbiage most likely was intended for true B1G1 free events, which this is not. And Jesus Christ, Josh clarified it himself. AND it has always worked in the past during these types of sales. Quit trying to spread false information. Obviously whoever put that on Facebook literally takes everything at face value and has no knowledge of how things really work.

[quote name='chriscolbert'] Obviously whoever put that on Facebook literally takes everything at face value and has no knowledge of how things really work.[/QUOTE]

as i said KMARTGAMER posted it on facebook AFTER josh said the coupons would work. Look at the post.

Finally ive got this figured out!

MW3+MGS HD+4000 MSP= $140-$20 Coupon= $120 +$50 Coupon.

Next week:
Skyrim + Saints = $90 - $50 Coupon= $40

I expect Assins Creed and NFS:RUN to drop very quickly

[quote name='SeanTM22']Finally ive got this figured out!

MW3+MGS HD+4000 MSP= $140-$20 Coupon= $120 +$50 Coupon.

Next week:
Skyrim + Saints = $90 - $50 Coupon= $40

I expect Assins Creed and NFS:RUN to drop very quickly[/QUOTE]

you need to find a 2 cent filler, as the games only count and those 2 equal 109.98 meaning 2 cents short

[quote name='Vinnyg32']as i said KMARTGAMER posted it on facebook AFTER josh said the coupons would work. Look at the post.[/QUOTE]

I did see that. But what I don't get is that when Josh, after figuring it would work (he did set up the promo after all so people could unload their coupons from this week) but wanting to still make sure that it would work for everyone freaking out, confirmed that it would definitely work, you STILL have doubts.

The coupon also tells me that the cash value is 1/20 of a cent but I doubt I can take 20 of these bad boys in there and get my next game for $59.98.

[quote name='chriscolbert']
The coupon also tells me that the cash value is 1/20 of a cent but I doubt I can take 20 of these bad boys in there and get my next game for $59.98.[/QUOTE]

But that's mostly because they would have to count to make sure that there were 20 of them....good luck getting the electronics employee to count 20 of something! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back