KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to reiterate how awesome Mark is. He went beyond what retailers do and helped me out big time. I really do hope the Sears/Kmart corporation appreciates the time/effort he and his team have put in. You just don't see any other retailer even attempting to have this back and forth with their customers.

Hopefully 2012 will be a better year for them.

stopped by and picked up rayman today using my $20 zelda coupon. tried to use my reward points too but i guess you cant use both? didnt really matter anyway since i just used them on some christmas gifts

For those having trouble finding Professor Layton and the Last Specter, you can ask for a raincheck. I assume this applies to the other games on sale as well. Yes, I know the raincheck only lasts a month, and there's no guarantee you'll be able to get a copy. At least, your odds of getting it at that price will improve.

Got off the coupon train today.

SML3D, got $15 cpn, used on...
Skyward Sword: CE, got $20 cpn, used on...
Mario Kart 7, got $15 cpn, used on...
Prof Layton for $20.

SI

[quote name='JP73']I think this was covered in a few of the thousands of posts on this thread, but I just need a quick confirmation. Can you use coupons on PSN cards? And before the officers of Law and Order: Kmart Thread Division tell me to read the OP, I did. I read post 3 or 4 that deals with coupons and got this:

That just doesn't seem very clear. That is the only place on the front page that i saw that discussed coupons and PSN cards. So can you use coupons on PSN cards or Wii Points?[/QUOTE]
You missed this:
Gaming coupons are valid on Points/Live/PSN Cards unless otherwise stated in the promotion
Just saying. :)

Updated console release list after doing some Google research outside of just Gamestop's listing.

Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Decided to cash in my $15 coupon on the last copy of Lego Star Wars III (360) at my local store yesterday. I couldn't remember my stupid pin number, so couldn't use my SYWR points, but still, getting another xmas gift for $5 and change was nifty. Now I can take a break from game buying... at least until the coupon train gets too tempting again. :)

Can I use the Kmart gaming coupons like the one I got from buying Zelda at Sears? Both the fucking Kmarts near me "misplaced" their shipments of Star Wars The Old Republic. I seriously wish every Kmart would fucking burn down, it amazes me how absolutely useless the human beings that run that place are.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Can I use the Kmart gaming coupons like the one I got from buying Zelda at Sears? Both the fucking Kmarts near me "misplaced" their shipments of Star Wars The Old Republic. I seriously wish every Kmart would fucking burn down, it amazes me how absolutely useless the human beings that run that place are.[/QUOTE]
Your answer is In the OP under Kmart Savings Coupon Guide. "Coupons are only redeemable at Kmart"

With all the purchases at Kmart and Sears this year, I just got an email that I am now a Gold VIP member. No longer a Silver VIP member... lol

Should make future purchases on games that Josh runs deals on even sweeter.

Wasted my time at the Temple City, CA Kmart yet again.

Waited half an hour for the electronics employee to show up, then they couldn't find any copies of Professor Layton (Last Specter).

Does anyone know if any Kmart will carries/will carry Wii Fishing Resort and Oregon Trail? Would be a perfect way for me to spend some remaining 15 dollar coupons that expire soon.

If you lost your gaming coupon but still have your original receipt, is possible to redeem the coupon with the receipt? #-o

I changed my original plan to get Rayman: Origins for about $9 and leave the coupon train, instead getting Skyrim :)ps3:) for about $15 (after $20 LoZ:SS coupon and using SYWR points) to trade in to Amazon for $33.75 and continuing the coupon train with another $15 coupon.

However, it seems like the train is on life support since I'm buying FFXIII-2 elsewhere...:whistle2:#

By the way, for those of you wondering, you get SYWR points refunded on a prorated basis if you return something that was part of a bigger purchase. e.g. if you spent $5 SYWR points on a $20 purchase of two items $10 each, you get $2.50 refunded to your account if you return one of the items.

Sorry I forget but does anyone know if I can use my gaming coupons on Skylanders figures? Figure If I can grab a few of those for about $5 cash my last $20 coupon will be well spent. Otherwise not sure what to get with it. No PSN cards last time I tried to use it.

Man, there were a lot of shoppers at Kmart this afternoon.

Anyway, I "ended" my coupon train by purchasing a black label copy of Arkham Asylum GotY along with a filler title (I was either going to go for that or Halo CEA, but chose the former due to the relatively recent price drop).

Welp, time to drink some eggnog whilst beating criminal thugs a la masked vigilante on a crusade for justice, with a hint of either watching the 1970s version of Helter Skelter, The Patriot with Mel Gibson, or a couple episodes of MacGyver. Yowza.

Danke, Josh.

Bought Skyrim tonight with a $15 coupon, SYWR points, and gift card. Almost bought Professor layton instead. So I guess I'm on the coupon train a little while longer. Man was very helpful, but KMART needs additional people working this busy time of year.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sorry I forget but does anyone know if I can use my gaming coupons on Skylanders figures? Figure If I can grab a few of those for about $5 cash my last $20 coupon will be well spent. Otherwise not sure what to get with it. No PSN cards last time I tried to use it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they work on Skylanders figures, I've bought a few using them.

So wait let me get this straight... all I have to do is print off that 'shop your way' rewards membership card with my pin# on it and give it to them when I'm checking out in the store to get my gift card?

>Mario Kart wii bundle @ $149.99 w/$40 gift card
--Wait until the 25th
>Spend $40 gift card toward Skyward Sword which ends up being $10?

Grand total = $160+tax?

This'll work?

Edit: Doesn't Skyward Sword come with a gift card too?

[quote name='SelmaBlair']So wait let me get this straight... all I have to do is print off that 'shop your way' rewards membership card with my pin# on it and give it to them when I'm checking out in the store to get my gift card?

>Mario Kart wii bundle @ $149.99 w/$40 gift card
--Wait until the 25th
>Spend $40 gift card toward Skyward Sword which ends up being $10?

Grand total = $160+tax?

This'll work?[/QUOTE]Yes, as long as they have everything in stock.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Yes, as long as they have everything in stock.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm making some calls in the morning then, thanks for the reply.

To earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

I think you also need to opt in to receive emails from kmart/shopyourwayrewards.

I know its Christmas-time but does anyone know the turn-around time for inventory lookup emails? SHC said to email Ben Dunn but its been a little over two weeks with no response.

Anyone else appear to have their SYWR reset? I had a good $25 or so balance there and now it's showing $0 with no purchase history. They look like they are switching over to some Bonus membership and I wonder if they wiped everyone out.

Yesterday, I went in to purchase 1 game, when my receipt printed out, it mentions the following...

You have points in your account!
Earn 5x points on purchases every time you redeem through 12/31!

I have 4,650 points, so I decided to go in this morning to take advantage of the 5x promotion which should have given me 23,250 points. Went and purchased a $50 PSN card, told cashier to use up all of my 4,650 points. Looked at my receipt and all it discounted was the 4,650 points ($4.65). I did get 1,800 Bonus points, not sure what that is about, but I never got the 5X points thing to take effect.

[quote name='htz']Yesterday, I went in to purchase 1 game, when my receipt printed out, it mentions the following...

I have 4,650 points, so I decided to go in this morning to take advantage of the 5x promotion which should have given me 23,250 points. Went and purchased a $50 PSN card, told cashier to use up all of my 4,650 points. Looked at my receipt and all it discounted was the 4,650 points ($4.65). I did get 1,800 Bonus points, not sure what that is about, but I never got the 5X points thing to take effect.[/QUOTE]

There were two different offers. You got the earn 5x points on your purchase. You would have normally gotten 450 points for spending $45 on a PSN card; you instead got 5x that, which is 450 points + 1800 bonus points = 2250 points.

There was apparently a different offer where your points were worth 5x more. That was not what you got.

Just got off the coupon train and wanted to give a major congrats to Josh and the El Centro, California store. Except for a few very minor hicups, everything has gone great: Games stocked on release date, helpful employees and great deals. Keep up the good work!

[quote name='adamical']There were two different offers. You got the earn 5x points on your purchase. You would have normally gotten 450 points for spending $45 on a PSN card; you instead got 5x that, which is 450 points + 1800 bonus points = 2250 points.

There was apparently a different offer where your points were worth 5x more. That was not what you got.[/QUOTE]

It was actually a $50 PSN Card. So Base points is 500.
500 * 5 = 2,500

But I got a Bonus of 1800

Which appears random to me...

[quote name='htz']Yesterday, I went in to purchase 1 game, when my receipt printed out, it mentions the following...

I have 4,650 points, so I decided to go in this morning to take advantage of the 5x promotion which should have given me 23,250 points. Went and purchased a $50 PSN card, told cashier to use up all of my 4,650 points. Looked at my receipt and all it discounted was the 4,650 points ($4.65). I did get 1,800 Bonus points, not sure what that is about, but I never got the 5X points thing to take effect.[/QUOTE]

The key word here is "EARN" not "redeem for 5x."

$50 - $4.60 = $45.4 =

454 points (you don't earn points on coupons or reward points used)
x 5 = 2270 points.

since 454 was the base, that means you got ~1800 points.

Super Kmart in Guayama Puerto Rico
Had 360 version of skyrim for 29.99

Thr PS3 version was still 54.89 or something.
I would say this is extreme YMMV for everywhere else, since I think it might of been a mistake or store specific.

[quote name='confoosious']The key word here is "EARN" not "redeem for 5x."

$50 - $4.60 = $45.4 =

454 points (you don't earn points on coupons or reward points used)
x 5 = 2270 points.

since 454 was the base, that means you got ~1800 points.[/QUOTE]
Oh I see... Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Went in to grab a copy of Kirby Mass Attack, spotted a copy of Advance Wars Days of Ruin in the clearance area so I got that too :)

The ad preview for the week of 1/1 to 1/7 is up.

Once again, most of it is dance and exercise games for Wii and Kinect. The 20% off sale on PS3 Move accessories goes on for the second straight week.

No coupon offers were listed.

Alright, so I decided to go grab Layton this week and make use of the 5x points earned promo (as that's the one I was emailed). As I suggested in earlier discussion, I figured the best way to go about it was to apply a small amount of my points to the purchase leaving a larger amount of base points to multiply.

In brief, I found that it granted the same bonus whether I used $11.85 in points or $0.10 in points. I'll explain in spoiler tags.

I had the $19.99 game and a $3 grocery item. When I told the cashier I wanted to apply some of my points to the purchase, she pressed a button and told me my new total, using all my points. I stated again that I only wanted to use some of my points, and with another's help, they determined that I would have to complete the purchase and wait in line again (yay Christmas shopping) for the service desk to return/rebuy which would return my points. My cashier was very apologetic. I hit e-receipt since I would be redoing the transaction and took the barcode it spat out with me.

When I performed the return/rebuy, they printed the full receipt so I later had that for comparison. I was worried that returning the points would mark them as "new" points and that it wouldn't trigger the promotion since points earned during the promo period are stated as not to trigger, but it all went through fine.

On both receipts, the base points was reported differently (111 when $11.85 in points were applied, 229 when I only used 10 cents), but for both the bonus points were 920, 4x the $23 pretax total. Had I the receipt the first time, I likely would have spotted this and not bothered waiting to return the items. However, I did retain the ability to use the promotion again by keeping some of the points I had going into the start of the promo.

So if you have the 5x earned promo and don't plan to make another purchase within the time frame, feel free to use all of your points.

Edit: I am fully aware that the time spent fixing this versus the monetary savings work out to a poor use of my time, but it's the principle of it. And I uncovered an oddity. So I feel like I got something out of it. And that's all that matters. ;)

[quote name='DPsycho']Alright, so I decided to go grab Layton this week and make use of the 5x points earned promo (as that's the one I was emailed). As I suggested in earlier discussion, I figured the best way to go about it was to apply a small amount of my points to the purchase leaving a larger amount of base points to multiply.

In brief, I found that it granted the same bonus whether I used $11.85 in points or $0.10 in points. I'll explain in spoiler tags.

I had the $19.99 game and a $3 grocery item. When I told the cashier I wanted to apply some of my points to the purchase, she pressed a button and told me my new total, using all my points. I stated again that I only wanted to use some of my points, and with another's help, they determined that I would have to complete the purchase and wait in line again (yay Christmas shopping) for the service desk to return/rebuy which would return my points. My cashier was very apologetic. I hit e-receipt since I would be redoing the transaction and took the barcode it spat out with me.

When I performed the return/rebuy, they printed the full receipt so I later had that for comparison. I was worried that returning the points would mark them as "new" points and that it wouldn't trigger the promotion since points earned during the promo period are stated as not to trigger, but it all went through fine.

On both receipts, the base points was reported differently (111 when $11.85 in points were applied, 229 when I only used 10 cents), but for both the bonus points were 920, 4x the $23 pretax total. Had I the receipt the first time, I likely would have spotted this and not bothered waiting to return the items. However, I did retain the ability to use the promotion again by keeping some of the points I had going into the start of the promo.

So if you have the 5x earned promo and don't plan to make another purchase within the time frame, feel free to use all of your points.

Edit: I am fully aware that the time spent fixing this versus the monetary savings work out to a poor use of my time, but it's the principle of it. And I uncovered an oddity. So I feel like I got something out of it. And that's all that matters. ;)[/QUOTE]

took me a minute to understand your suggestion. usually sywr deduct from the amount of pts you earn, but even i believe you're saying that even if I use all of my points (like, paying off the entire balance with points) I'd still get the 5x bonus points?

edit: also, anyone know if the wii that comes wit the 40 coupon (for 149.99) is backwards compatible? is it for any bundle at that price or what? (i'd prefer a black one but i need this question answered first)

That is, in fact, how it seemed to work out. When all of my points were applied, it DID reduce the base points earned, but the separate line for the bonus points was the full, additional 4x what the base points would have been.

I can't say what would happen if you covered the full purchase in points. To be safe, I'd avoid doing that.

[quote name='Luuc']Yeah they work on Skylanders figures, I've bought a few using them.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks. I had almost all of them at one point and stupidly sold the now rarer ones (Whirlwind and Drill Sgt) much earlier and for much less than I should have and so I want to get my collection back for as cheap as possible and this'll help.

[quote name='dchrisd']Just got off the coupon train and wanted to give a major congrats to Josh and the El Centro, California store. Except for a few very minor hicups, everything has gone great: Games stocked on release date, helpful employees and great deals. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]
Thanks bud, much appreciated.

Just want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and holiday season with their loved ones. I cannot thank you all enough for your kindness and support for what has been a very challenging year.

I could not be happier with what we have been able to accomplish this past year and though I wish this past month could have lived up to everything else we have done I am happy that many of you have have found such great values with us.

I dont know what next year may bring or where I will be but I can honestly say with a clear conscience and in all sincerity that I put you all first in every decision we made. If that changes at SHC, I will refuse to change.

Talk to you all later!

[quote name='DPsycho']That is, in fact, how it seemed to work out. When all of my points were applied, it DID reduce the base points earned, but the separate line for the bonus points was the full, additional 4x what the base points would have been.

I can't say what would happen if you covered the full purchase in points. To be safe, I'd avoid doing that.[/QUOTE]

Oh... hmm, that's really strange... lol

[quote name='Tsel']I lost my original receipt that has a coupon on it, but it's as simple as just printing the ereceipt, correct?[/QUOTE]You can print out the e-coupon and use it in store.

Wow... my own fault for waiting to use my coupons but their is absolutely nothing in this weeks ad where I can get any value out of my remaining coupons that expire 12/31 and I have quite a few that expire that day.

Looks like I"ll be buying and selling PSN cards then.

Thanks to Josh and the whole crew for a great 2011 in gaming at Kmart.
My wish list for 2012 is some more Limited Editions!
Any word on what LEs Kmart will be carrying this year, or at least in the first quarter?
I'm hoping for at LEAST Mass Effect, but the more the merrier!!

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Thanks to Josh and the whole crew for a great 2011 in gaming at Kmart.
My wish list for 2012 is some more Limited Editions!
Any word on what LEs Kmart will be carrying this year, or at least in the first quarter?
I'm hoping for at LEAST Mass Effect, but the more the merrier!![/QUOTE]

I would add to the more limited editions is a fully functioning online system of pre-ordering and getting our coupons so we no longer have to wonder if a game will be stocked when it is actually out or dealing with employees who have no business being in the electronics section. This was an awesome year for deals and I hope 2012 continues that, although if it doesn't, my backlog is so long now thanks to Josh that I could probably go through the year without buying a single game and still not be caught up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back