SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Glasscocked']Wow 9 posts and walls of text just to explain how to take advantage of Kmart deals. Remember back when we used to get a coupon we could use on an upcoming game? Now you have a bunch of legalese and have to use their SWYR card that may or may not even work at checkout.

You need to keep it simple, this is nuts.[/QUOTE]
LOL, it is a lot. However, I didn't really make any changes to the firsts posts from the last thread to be honest. Most of it was just copy/paste.

It is still simple, buy the game (may or may not have to be a SYWR member), systems prints out a coupon.

I just try and clarify anything I can for the sake of the thread staying on track.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']WWE Allstars, saw this hasn't been confirmed anywhere yet. I'm pretty sure the offer is you get a $15 coupon on your next WWE purchase. It will be in the ad but it's on this big WWE ad as part of a larger Kmart wide WWE event. So you could use the coupon on apparel, action figures, DVDs, anything WWE related.

I'm not sure if there is anything else going on with it but that's what's in the pictured ad today.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Plus a $10 gaming coupon.[/QUOTE]

wait, you get BOTH? if this is confirmed I'm going straight to kmart next tuesday... :bouncy:

edit: just saw your facebook post confirming. fucking sweet

I'm all for coupons and I hope you stick with that. That was by far the easiest way of taking advantage of the deals. I must have dropped several hundred dollars at Kmart during that time and pretty much have stopped buying since the SYWR card.

I am sure it must have discussed before but buried somewhere deep in forum .What if i only want to buy $50 PSN card and no game ,Offer still valid or its limited with purchase of a game .
Thank You

[quote name='pythoncancer']I am sure it must have discussed before but buried somewhere deep in forum .What if i only want to buy $50 PSN card and no game ,Offer still valid or its limited with purchase of a game .
Thank You[/QUOTE]

The offer is only valid when you buy Crysis 2...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']He's gonna take the bar, snap it in half, and smack them over the head with it so hard that they'll forget their even stocking Portal 2. A.K.A. He's going to put out a very nice deal.[/QUOTE]

I hope so! I wasn't going to be it on release day, BUT if Josh makes a rocking deal-moreso than Walmart-I AM GAME-aka-buying the s*** outta it!

[quote name='pythoncancer']I am sure it must have discussed before but buried somewhere deep in forum .What if i only want to buy $50 PSN card and no game ,Offer still valid or its limited with purchase of a game .
Thank You[/QUOTE]

Honestly that to me is a silly question. Why would they just sell $50 PSN cards for $20. I mean this week is a free $50 GC when you buy a PS3. What if I don't want a PS3 can I just get a free $50 GC? How about 100 of them???

[quote name='Glasscocked']That was by far the easiest way of taking advantage of the deals.[/QUOTE]
That was the problem. I get how you are saying it, but that is what happended. The deals were taken advantage of.
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']going to dig the 4-17 ad I think. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Ugh, that's like a month away....now to start wondering.
And in about a month and a half or so, it will mark the year anniversary of the beginning of my shopping at Kmart. Whenever the deal on FF13 happened...

Last edited by a moderator:
Socom 4, Mortal Kombat, and Portal 2 I hope :)

Ok now this was just freakin EVIL Josh. Seriously EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know that I along with many others are interested in Portal 2 and because of the Wal-Mart deal we are eager to see how K-Mart is going to counter that offer and you just had to dangle that carrot didn't you!?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']That was the problem. I get how you are saying it, but that is what happended. The deals were taken advantage of.

Ugh, that's like a month away....now to start wondering.
And in about a month and a half or so, it will mark the beginning of my shopping at Kmart. Whenever the deal on FF13 happened...[/QUOTE]

NOT LOL-.. Exactly.. I still hold deep rooted resentments over the J.O.'s that ripped off the BIG K on the coupons.. :bomb:Wouldn't it be nice to have exposed the names of the perps.. hehehe.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Socom 4, Mortal Kombat, and Portal 2 I hope :)[/QUOTE]
Mortal Kombat as well!

And yes, I am evil :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Mortal Kombat as well!

And yes, I am evil :)[/QUOTE]

TWO games I WOULD buy on release... MK and Portal 2- so make daddy proud.;)

I know we're in a minority, but how about adding more deals for the PC? Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Homefront, Duke Nukem etc...

I know I will. Very excited for Mortal Kombat. I don't know if you can compete with Amazon on Portal 2 though...$55 and a $20 credit.

Edit: And yeah hopefully theyre good deals because April 19th is about the only day in the month of April that anything worth mentioning is releasing.

So did you guys take care of the problem of people buying a game and getting the coupon, then returning the game, and using the coupon on a future purchase?

Happy to see the return of the coupons and hope it works out fairly for all involved - kmart does well, CAGs get good deals, and scams aren't involved.

SO excited for Crysis 2. Been watching some videos and it looks incredible for a console game. Also seems to fit my "sandboxy" type FPS gameplay much more than a lot of the recently released games.

Crysis 2 + 3DS + Spring Break is the best week ever.

[quote name='jer7583']Happy to see the return of the coupons and hope it works out fairly for all involved - kmart does well, CAGs get good deals, and scams aren't involved.

SO excited for Crysis 2. Been watching some videos and it looks incredible for a console game. Also seems to fit my "sandboxy" type FPS gameplay much more than a lot of the recently released games.

Crysis 2 + 3DS + Spring Break is the best week ever.[/QUOTE]

Im picking up Crysis 2 as well. The demo for me was still hard for me to grasp the controls so itll take me time to do decent but it was a pretty game. Looking forward to it as well.

i like the Killzone 3 + 2 deal, depending on how much Killzone 3 costs. I still wouldn't pay $60 for both. Not interested enough plus that really only makes KZ3 about $40 instead of $60, which is a fairly average deal.

[quote name='jskatt21']So did you guys take care of the problem of people buying a game and getting the coupon, then returning the game, and using the coupon on a future purchase?[/QUOTE]

If they didn't do you think they would be bringing them back?

[quote name='Darknuke']i like the Killzone 3 + 2 deal, depending on how much Killzone 3 costs. I still wouldn't pay $60 for both. Not interested enough plus that really only makes KZ3 about $40 instead of $60, which is a fairly average deal.[/QUOTE]

That's for the KZ3 PS3 bundle, not just the game. So you would have to buy the $299 KZ3 PS3 in order to get KZ2 free.

Here's hoping this includes that Socom Full Deployment bundle. I know I said I don't have a Kmart around here, but I might take a trip for that and Mortal Kombat.

Will the coupons from March 29 be good then?

I hope so. Portal 2 beckons...

Also, this thread has a new car smell to it...:D

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Here's hoping this includes that Socom Full Deployment bundle. I know I said I don't have a Kmart around here, but I might take a trip for that and Mortal Kombat.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same as to if there will be a deal on Socom Full Deployment bundle.

Hey Josh,

Thanks for all your hard work--you've really outdone yourself here on CAG.

Any chance we'll be seeing any decent sales on de Blob 2 (PS3/360/Wii/DS)? I'd totally jump on the PS3 version if it was $34.99 or less (Best Buy has it for $40 this week).

I loved the first one on Wii, but only paid $10 for it, so $50 is a tough sell.

I saw someone mention something at the end of the last thread about a Dynasty Warriors 7 $10, but it's not listed in the OP. Is that happening?

Wow 5.0 already? I remember when AOL 5.0 was the best...then I was introduced with high-speed internet beginning with cable.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']I saw someone mention something at the end of the last thread about a Dynasty Warriors 7 $10, but it's not listed in the OP. Is that happening?[/QUOTE]

I was curious about this as well. I cancelled my game stop pre-order in hopes to get it at Kmart cheaper. (actually, there were other reasons, but this one helped) Also, SHC-Gamer, would you be able confirm whether or not Kmart will have it on release day or not?

If they have it on Tuesday I'll probably get it there anyway, I don't think anyone else will have it available launch day, but $10 in points would definitely seal the deal.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']I saw someone mention something at the end of the last thread about a Dynasty Warriors 7 $10, but it's not listed in the OP. Is that happening?[/QUOTE]
The last time I heard anything about it was a couple days ago or week or so, but Josh was talking about possibly doing a flat $10 off the MSRP. I'd be interested to know if it is points now or if he went with the $10 off.

[quote name='sadboy']We're slow. :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you guys get through 100 pages before the end of the day (again :whistle2:?) then I'm just going to give up entirely on this thread.

Just out of curiousity, back when Resonance of Fate rolled out, were you guys the ones responsible for that deal or was that before your time?

[quote name='Mad39er']Just out of curiousity, back when Resonance of Fate rolled out, were you guys the ones responsible for that deal or was that before your time?[/QUOTE]
One of my first really.

Just here to keep an eye on things.

Here's hoping for a PS3 ME2 drop sometime soon, the EA store has it for $30 before shipping.

[quote name='Glasscocked']I'm all for coupons and I hope you stick with that. That was by far the easiest way of taking advantage of the deals. I must have dropped several hundred dollars at Kmart during that time and pretty much have stopped buying since the SYWR card.[/QUOTE]
What do you have against SYWR? The only negative was that Josh was limited by what he could do by the SYWR team, otherwise SYWR was a lot more convenient than coupons. It was a quick scan of your card and you could immediately use your points. No waiting for a week or whatever before the coupon would activate. Buy a game, get pts, use the pts on the same day if you want and the card was small.

Coupons are larger, easier to lose (I don't keep coupons in my wallet all the time) and they were printed on heat sensitive paper which could deteriorate

[quote name='ithebigc']What do you have against SYWR? The only negative was that Josh was limited by what he could do by the SYWR team, otherwise SYWR was a lot more convenient than coupons. It was a quick scan of your card and you could immediately use your points. No waiting for a week or whatever before the coupon would activate. Buy a game, get pts, use the pts on the same day if you want and the card was small.

Coupons are larger, easier to lose (I don't keep coupons in my wallet all the time) and they were printed on heat sensitive paper which could deteriorate[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to answer for him, but since I also did not take advantage of ANY of the SYWR Bonus Point offers, I'll tell you what I think. Aside from my not mostly caring for most of the titles that offered Bonus Points, I usually wind up buying anything when it's low enough in price (which is why my backlog got gigantic when stores started dropping like flies). However, I just didn't feel that the deals offered were as lucrative. I didn't feel like I would be saving as much on my purchases. Perhaps that feeling was justified, too, for as you said "Josh was limited by what he could do by the SYWR team".

On the other hand, less convenient or not, I always found more value out of the coupon system, though that value was lessened when the coupons were deleayed by a week (is that still going to happen?). I'll certainly miss getting $100 worth of PSN Cards for $60, but there were always plenty to use my coupons on that also gave out large coupon values themselves. My favorite stop on the coupon train was walking out of the store with $140 worth of product for only $30 out of pocket.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']One of my first really.[/QUOTE]
That was my first gaming purchase at Kmart ever I think. It really got my attention because it was a very gutsy move compared to everybody else at the time. Good job :applause:

[quote name='kurrptsenate']quick question....

Just bought the KZ3 bundle PS3 and got a $50 gift card last night. Is there anyway way I could do a return/rebuy and get KZ2 for free?[/QUOTE]

You got a KZ3 bundle with the gift card? I thought it was only regular models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back