SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='specter316']I emailed him and ad monster, but am trying to get a response before I leave town. I had to drive a half an hour to get here.[/QUOTE]

I sent you an email asking for more details. We will help you out because these titles are to be sold today.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Is anyone having any issues buying Crysis 2 today? I am just checking to make sure everything is going smoothly today.[/QUOTE]

My local store was sold out of 4000 MS points cards.

I went to the crofton md one and crysis hadn't come in. According to the associate. I was surprised they usually get first dibs. I then went to the edgewater and they had crysis and psn 50 cards no 4000 points though. the deal went through with no problem the associate was surprised at the total. LOL Both places had clearance bins nicely laid out. I was almost tempted to get lucha libra for 20.

I wouldn't have minded so much if the manager had even acted like he cared, but he was unwilling to even try to resolve the problem. I went last week for homefront and didn't have an issue, but this week was a nightmare. I really don't want to have to make another trip. Do you think they can fix this in an hour or so.

I was able to pick up Crysis 2 with the points card deal, but they were having some kind of issue with the rewards program. A dept. manager came over and looked at it and said I needed to call the 800 number because it said I wasn't authorized to use the points I have (over 10,000 currently from the Dragon Age 2 deal). She swore that it would still add the 10,000 for Crysis 2, but my receipt doesn't show them. Guess I'll have to log on tonight and see if they came through and if there's any kind of 'hold' on my card.

No problems over here. Picked up Crysis 2 for the 360 and a $50 PSN card, which the latter was discounted $30. I also received my 10,000 SYWR points bonus. Thanks for the deal, guys!

On another note, if Josh/SHC-Gamer or anyone else can help me out. I have yet to receive my $20 gift card for the Killzone 3 promotion back in the beginning of March. Josh said on 3/4 that it'll be sent to me but I have not seen it as of present time. I replied to him a few days ago but didn't get an answer back so I decided to write here and find out the status on this.

I think it's rather obvious where everyone should be picking up Crysis 2 this week...

I'm already going to save $10 with the points I have. So...I'm going to get Crysis 2 for $50, a 4,000 MSP card for an extra $20, and still walk out with $10 in SYWR points? Hot damn, that's a deal.

Well smooth transaction today, picked up Crysis 2, Lego Star Wars 3, 4000 point card and Turtle Beach Headset plus got my bonus points today too.

Wanted to let everyone know, not sure if it will work for everyone but last night I switched my offers i get on the SYWR site from every email to just kmart and I got the bonus points right away

i don't even think our local kmart has 4000 pt xbl cards, there wasn't even an empty hook for them on the rack or the gift card mall thing

Aaaaaand got the ol "we can't find it, we don't have it." COME ON, KMART!!!!!!! This is the umpteenth time I've been told this about a new release game. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

So which version of Crysis is better Xbox or PS3? I heard Lens of Truth said Xbox but I thought PS3 was the lead platform so I dunno. Anyone?

[quote name='ShockandAww']So which version of Crysis is better Xbox or PS3? I heard Lens of Truth said Xbox but I thought PS3 was the lead platform so I dunno. Anyone?[/QUOTE]
So far it seems 360 is best. Per the two items i read on this subject.

[quote name='wrencrest']So far it seems 360 is best. Per the two items i read on this subject.[/QUOTE]
Yeah just going to go with Xbox it looks like from what Ive read. Thanks.

One has to wonder why these stores that have trouble putting out new games are so adverse to making money. I know most other stock isn't as time sensitive to get out on the sales floor but come on now. If I was the CEO of Kmart (or even a store manager) I'd be extremely unhappy that such a lackadaisical attitude towards stock was costing us sales. It's such an easy problem to solve that you'd think the people hiring managers would pick people who were capable of solving it.

I don't mean to soapbox, but corporate should have no tolerance for a lack of support at store level for Josh's deals. There's been progress and of course the regulars like myself and others will stay fans because of the relationship Josh has built with us as customers, but these deals are being held back by store issues and little else. Makes me want to write a letter to corporate to shake them awake and say "Hey, wake the hell up and start leading the troops." Can only imagine how I'd feel were I Josh. I don't think I'd have the patience.

Really hope the stores that are your handcuffs get straightened out, Josh.

Again, sorry to soapbox but I can't stand it when companies make such frustrating mistakes are worse yet, don't right the ship as it heads for the iceburg. I'm lookin at you, Activision. (Also, CAG mobile kinda sucks. It's plain white ugliness, annoying navigation in threads and I can't find the quote button!)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah just going to go with Xbox it looks like from what Ive read. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

From the reviews I have seen it said the 360 version was the best graphical game ever released on consoles to date so that is saying alot.

Just picked up Crysis2 (360) at the Huntington, NY store. No problem redeeming my rewards points towards the purchase and I got the bonus 10000 points.

They did not have any $50 XBL points cards, so I will be emailing my receipt for the $20 gift card.

Just saw that TRU will have a bogo 50% off 3DS games starting sunday, is there anything coming within a month or so to help me hold off? Might be a longshot but I thought I would ask before I make plans

I propose regulars are now "Bluelights." Like "Browncoats." Because I like Firefly.

"Y'all are the Bluelights, eh? Hefty saving ain't exactly gamers' work."
"Flamewar's long over, we're all just CAGs now."

[quote name='jer7583']Happy to see the return of the coupons and hope it works out fairly for all involved - kmart does well, CAGs get good deals, and scams aren't involved.

SO excited for Crysis 2. Been watching some videos and it looks incredible for a console game. Also seems to fit my "sandboxy" type FPS gameplay much more than a lot of the recently released games.

Crysis 2 + 3DS + Spring Break is the best week ever.[/QUOTE]
I'm sitting here at my desk, looking at two presentations that are due by Friday and all I can think about is the copy of Crysis 2 looking me square in the eye near my monitor...........arrrrrgggghhhh, concentrate.

[quote name='martinez91']Just saw that TRU will have a bogo 50% off 3DS games starting sunday, is there anything coming within a month or so to help me hold off? Might be a longshot but I thought I would ask before I make plans[/QUOTE]
Kind of for our 4/17 week if you remember our late November promotion but we're adding a twist.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']One has to wonder why these stores that have trouble putting out new games are so adverse to making money. I know most other stock isn't as time sensitive to get out on the sales floor but come on now. If I was the CEO of Kmart (or even a store manager) I'd be extremely unhappy that such a lackadaisical attitude towards stock was costing us sales. It's such an easy problem to solve that you'd think the people hiring managers would pick people who were capable of solving it.

I don't mean to soapbox, but corporate should have no tolerance for a lack of support at store level for Josh's deals. There's been progress and of course the regulars like myself and others will stay fans because of the relationship Josh has built with us as customers, but these deals are being held back by store issues and little else. Makes me want to write a letter to corporate to shake them awake and say "Hey, wake the hell up and start leading the troops." Can only imagine how I'd feel were I Josh. I don't think I'd have the patience.

Really hope the stores that are your handcuffs get straightened out, Josh.

Again, sorry to soapbox but I can't stand it when companies make such frustrating mistakes are worse yet, don't right the ship as it heads for the iceburg. I'm lookin at you, Activision. (Also, CAG mobile kinda sucks. It's plain white ugliness, annoying navigation in threads and I can't find the quote button!)[/QUOTE]
Write a letter, please! We received some good traction from the last email that was sent by a CAG. Saw definite improvement in certain sectors.

[quote name='Scorch']"Was it not in the case? Is it a new release? Wait.. what day is today? What's it called? Cry? Crysis?"

#winning[/QUOTE]
I've had the pleasure of you emailing me previously and I hope you do again bud; please hit Jim and I up again if you have a free moment.

Got Crysis 2 today at the Bridgeton, MO store with the bonus points but they still don't have any of the $50 cards for either system. Will be emailing Jim with a copy of my receipt when I get home from work. I mentioned the card situation to the electronics lead and he said he's been asking for restock for a while now.

Josh, do you know how far in advance you'll be able to describe the 360 console deal(s) you said were hopefully coming next month? It'd calm my 360-less nerves if I knew whether I'd be saving money on a system, getting a coupon with it, or both (wishful thinking, I know :bomb:).

After talking about how good Kmart deals were one of my co-workers finally bit on the Crysis 2 deal today. He said that he was so impressed with the deal and the salespeople he might do all of his game-purchasing there (even though it's 15 minutes away and we've got 5-6 other game stores within about 5 minutes of us at work). Congrats Josh, you've got a new convert!

[quote name='jtkauff']After talking about how good Kmart deals were one of my co-workers finally bit on the Crysis 2 deal today. He said that he was so impressed with the deal and the salespeople he might do all of his game-purchasing there (even though it's 15 minutes away and we've got 5-6 other game stores within about 5 minutes of us at work). Congrats Josh, you've got a new convert![/QUOTE]
No, Thank You!

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, do you know how far in advance you'll be able to describe the 360 console deal(s) you said were hopefully coming next month? It'd calm my 360-less nerves if I knew whether I'd be saving money on a system, getting a coupon with it, or both (wishful thinking, I know :bomb:).[/QUOTE]
4/24 bud.

So for the 3/29 deals next week if I buy multiple games that come with a deal lets say tiger, wwe, shift 2 can I buy them in one transaction and have the coupons print out or do they have to be separate transactions? Just wanted to confirm because todays crysis deal had to be two separate transactions as she tried at first all in the same and it wasnt crediting the $30 for the points card.

[quote name='ucantcme69']So for the 3/29 deals next week if I buy multiple games that come with a deal lets say tiger, wwe, shift 2 can I buy them in one transaction and have the coupons print out or do they have to be separate transactions? Just wanted to confirm because todays crysis deal had to be two separate transactions as she tried at first all in the same and it wasnt crediting the $30 for the points card.[/QUOTE]
Should all work on one transaction actually.

Hey, I can't figure out who to email if you didn't get your PSN card deal with Crysis 2, can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Just got back from the lakewood, WA store. Great experience. Got Crysis 2 for the xbox, plus a 50.00 psn card, and my sywr points with no problem. The usual cashier who is there on tuesdays was still on her lunch, but she came over and opened the case for me. Crystalyn was awesome! Thanks josh!

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']One has to wonder why these stores that have trouble putting out new games are so adverse to making money.
[/QUOTE]

The other one I don't get either is Xbox and PSN cards. Josh has said that they cost nothing to stock but both of the stores near me are always out.

Once when I asked the electronics guy at the Mattydale, NY store if they have any he said, "No, but I have asked my manager to have it replenished and we never seem to get any".

Today I got (he was trying to be helpful), "No, we sometimes get Xbox cards but we seem to have trouble getting PSN cards for some reason. Try Rite-Aid or the Gamestop at the plaza across the street". I almost felt bad for him as he is always helpful and courteous and was genuinely disappointed that he couldn't help me with the PSN card. Wish I could remember his name, he is always great and deserves some recognition from Josh. (They didn't have Xbox points either)

That is the third time I haven't bought a deal at that Kmart because they didn't have cards. My other Kmart in DeWitt only has the games out on time about half the time and some of the employees are borderline rude when I ask anything. I bought the last $20 PSN card from the DeWitt store during the BFBC2:UE deal months ago and they haven't stocked any more since then or Xbox points in even longer. I always see the note from Josh about them sending cards when there are deals on them and get hopeful but always end up disappointed. /my soapbox

That being said I still like the deals Josh. Make me cancel my Portal 2 preorder from Amazon :bouncy:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Should all work on one transaction actually.[/QUOTE]

It could have something to do this time around with grabbing two copies of crysis and 2 4000 points cards. It only took $30 off instead of $60 for the two points cards. I was buying a copy for my cousin and she gave me the total and noticed it wasnt right so we did two separate ones and it worked fine.

[quote name='ucantcme69']So for the 3/29 deals next week if I buy multiple games that come with a deal lets say tiger, wwe, shift 2 can I buy them in one transaction and have the coupons print out or do they have to be separate transactions? Just wanted to confirm because todays crysis deal had to be two separate transactions as she tried at first all in the same and it wasnt crediting the $30 for the points card.[/QUOTE]

I just talked to the Ad Monster and he says that he believes as long as the games are different, if they are on the same transaction you should be okay but that if you're buying the same game 2x on the same transaction there could be a problem.

So buying Shift 2 and WWE on same transaction is okay but 2 copies of Tiger Woods on the same transaction may cause some problems.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']Is anyone having any issues buying Crysis 2 today? I am just checking to make sure everything is going smoothly today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Store 7602 in Wall, NJ claimed that they either never got Crysis 2, or did not scan in it yet for receiving. Yet, 20 minutes away in Brick, they managed to have it out on the shelves (with a 15-minute wait for an employee to show in the electronics section).

I purchased at the Fall River, MA store. They didn't have any 4000 Point cards left, so had to go to another store to check. They had two remaining there.

CSR had to do a refund and repurchase to get the deal, but wasn't too bad.

Once again Kmart has let me down. After a long ass day at work I drive over to nearest Kmart only to find no 4000 Xbox points on the wall, see the lady with a box of cards, asked if she had 4000s in there she said no only PSN cards.

smh

Even though they don't usually have major deals I rather spend my dollar at Best Buy at least I know they keep product in stock

Picked up Crysis 2 and the new Lego Star Wars game - got my points and the 30 off 50 card. In and out of the Oakdale, MN store in 5 minutes.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I just talked to the Ad Monster and he says that he believes as long as the games are different, if they are on the same transaction you should be okay but that if you're buying the same game 2x on the same transaction there could be a problem.

So buying Shift 2 and WWE on same transaction is okay but 2 copies of Tiger Woods on the same transaction may cause some problems.[/QUOTE]

Thanks stock Boy. Just wanted to make sure for future reference. There are some games I will buy 2 copies of on occasion so its good to know.

Picked up Crysis with the PSN card and everything went well as usual. Thanks.

Josh if you're ever in the Rockford area please stop by store 4423 and thank them. They do an excellent job of having everything out and displayed with the signage every single time I'm there.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So which version of Crysis is better Xbox or PS3? I heard Lens of Truth said Xbox but I thought PS3 was the lead platform so I dunno. Anyone?[/QUOTE]
Have you looked at the second H2H analysis?

[quote name='sadboy']Have you looked at the second H2H analysis?[/QUOTE]

If you have both consoles id honestly say go for the 360 if you like more lighting effects. If you like darker bold effects then go with PS3. Its not surprising considering a PC publisher jumped to consoles and a 360 is more similar than a PS3. Not starting a what system is better argument but doing some research on the googlezzz its rather overwhelming that they are saying the 360 version is the better of the two. With all that aside neither copy can touch the PC version so when it comes down to it what is your favorite system to play on? Get it for that

I vote 360 just because the online will last longer and will generally have a more competitive nature. That's just my view though. I usually find FPS people on PS3 to be more relaxed and suck quite bad. Not all of them, but the majority of them do. It gets kind of boring when you're doing awesome, but still losing because your team is full of idiots. Although it will happen with both consoles, it happens more with PS3 games for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back