SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
360 has better effects and framerate. Also runs at higher resolution than ps3.

I got the Xbox version of Crysis but to me the PS3 version looked more vivid or whatever the word for it is in those H2H screen shots. Oh well I dont care much as long as it doesnt completely blow for one or the other.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']I just talked to the Ad Monster and he says that he believes as long as the games are different, if they are on the same transaction you should be okay but that if you're buying the same game 2x on the same transaction there could be a problem.

So buying Shift 2 and WWE on same transaction is okay but 2 copies of Tiger Woods on the same transaction may cause some problems.[/QUOTE]
Right multi of same deal in 1 transaction won't work. Multi different deals in 1 transaction will.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I got the Xbox version of Crysis but to me the PS3 version looked more vivid or whatever the word for it is in those H2H screen shots. Oh well I dont care much as long as it doesnt completely blow for one or the other.[/QUOTE]
Like most games (unlike Bayonetta before the patch) I bet you cant tell that much of a difference without the two versions running side by side.

[quote name='Marauder7']All my purchases from last year never showed up on my card and still haven't received credit for MvsC3.

Josh

Copied you on an email to SYWR but the address that's listed in this thread bounced. Do you have another email address for them?[/QUOTE]
Try shooting it to me at [email protected] and I'll forward it on.

Last post on Crysis 2 I think but IGN deducted a point from the PS3 graphics and says this in it's PS3 review:
"The PS3 version of Crysis 2 has particular idiosyncracies. After playing both console versions, and playing through the same set of levels multiple times on both consoles, it became clear to a number of editors at IGN that the PS3 version is lacking somewhat in comparison to the 360 version of the game. The game still looks great on PS3, but the framerate is less consistent, the resolution is lower (in the neighborhood of 10% lower than the Xbox 360 release), and certain graphical effects and some lighting appear dialed back. In layman's terms, there are more jagged edges in the PS3 version of the game, and things get choppy more often than its 360 counterpart, which hurts controller response. The 360 is not immune to this, it just doesn't happen as often".

So I decided to bite and go 12 miles out the way to the next Kmart. Get there..they have the 4000 cards, but never recieved a shipment of the Xbox Crysis 2. FML

Its beyond my imagination how this POS store is still in business

What is the compensation if your store doesn't have any point cards for PSN or 360? I'm just wondering because I'm contemplating driving to the 2 other Kmarts near me but I want to know if it's worth it.

[quote name='Buzzman']What is the compensation if your store doesn't have any point cards for PSN or 360? I'm just wondering because I'm contemplating driving to the 2 other Kmarts near me but I want to know if it's worth it.[/QUOTE]
$20 Gift Card

[quote name='dennisb407']Its beyond my imagination how this POS store is still in business[/QUOTE]
Point of Sale?

Went to store #3858 during lunch. The game was about to be put in display and they had plenty of xbox point cards. Only thing is that the transaction did not discount the points card. As I was about to walk away the associate, Adelena, ask is to hold on while she check some paperwork. She confirmed the deal was valid and got a manager to approve an override. Took longer than expected, about 30 mins, but left with the deal. I will be leaving her a good review at the kmart.com/5star site. If you guys have good experiences get the associates name and store number to provide your feedback. Thank Josh for the deal.

Are stores getting more kz3 ps3 bundles before this ad ends? I noticed next week you're throwing in k2 with the bundle. I already have kz2 but wanted to get this bundle this week with $50gc. Also wanted to grab crysis 2 and 4000pt card.

Porland, Tx location claims to not have any kz3 bundles or copies of crysis 2 as of 5pm today. Nit that they ran out of the game but rather not having receive them yet.

So has anyone else had issues with the bonus points from Crysis 2 not showing up today? Just purchased the PS3 version and a $50 PSN, and both on my physical receipt and online I'm not seeing the bonus points as having posted. Opted in for every email SYWR offers... grrrrr. I had to go thru this whole mess with Dragon Age 2, and I'm still waiting for that gift card in the mail. Thank goodness it goes without saying Josh will make it all right!

Uhhhh... just came home from kmart empty handed. I tried to get Crysis 2 and a PSN card, but for some reason the cashier couldn't add my SYWR points to the purchase. She could see all my info and point balance, but when she would scan the card she kept saying it was invalid.

Can any of you help me solve this mystery? I wanna kill some aliens dammit!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']One day it will all make sense.[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh,

Just touching base w/ you to make sure you received my last email.

Been sending them w/ my phone and since I haven't heard from ya I didn't know if the message went through.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Thank goodness it goes without saying Josh will make it all right![/QUOTE]
SHC-Gamer: (crazy superhuman nanosuit action) Crisis averted.

Ryan_gf: Thank you, SHC-Gamer!

I went to Kmart here in town, and they only had 1 X11 in stock. So I barely got everything. Now I am waiting on the full details for WWE All-Stars.

[quote name='JCDogg911']I went to Kmart here in town, and they only had 1 X11 in stock. So I barely got everything. Now I am waiting on the full details for WWE All-Stars.[/QUOTE]

For w/e reason he hasnt updated the OP but he stated the offer is $15 off a future $40 WWE purchase as well as a $10 game coupon.

No x11 left at rensselaer store, went to albany store got 1 of 2 left about an hour ago. Both locations had crysis 2 and cards, snagged a bulletstorm as well. Smooth enough.

[quote name='neocvera']Are stores getting more kz3 ps3 bundles before this ad ends? I noticed next week you're throwing in k2 with the bundle. I already have kz2 but wanted to get this bundle this week with $50gc. Also wanted to grab crysis 2 and 4000pt card.

Porland, Tx location claims to not have any kz3 bundles or copies of crysis 2 as of 5pm today. Nit that they ran out of the game but rather not having receive them yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes, stores are getting more KZ3 bundles. Email stock boy and he can tell you how many some stores are getting. Be nice and give the store # so its easy for him.

For all those in rochester, ny looking for cards left, the webster store had around 3 or 4 $50 PSN cards in stock as well as plenty of copies of the game. No love for Xbox though

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']One day it will all make sense.[/QUOTE]

How ominous. We'll remember this day when the KMart / Sears civil war erupts and tears the retail sector asunder.

I had an odd thought. Since the point cards have no value until activated at the register, there really isn't anything stopping someone from acquiring an unused card anywhere, bringing it into KMart, and having it activated as part of the purchase, is there? I'm not suggesting that people pocket them from other retailers, but if someone were to get one through any other means, is the worst that would happen that KMart's already inconsistent inventory numbers for the cards becomes decremented without explanation? (This is assuming anyplace BUT NJ, of course.)

Also, I only just noticed that Bust-A-Move Universe is listed at $29.99 rather than the $39.99 shown for the rest of the launch titles. Please tell me this wasn't a typo. As I've already stated, I love me some Puzzle Bobble and am currently considering it as my choice for the promotion. (Is it Sunday yet??)

Well the presque isle maine store seems to have gotten its act together for this week anyways.. (crosses fingers it stays that way) Went in this morning and the new games were on the shelf. Got crysis 2 and points card with no problems

Picked up Crysis 2 and a $50 PSN card today. Flawless. Thanks again, Josh!!!

Next up! 3DS and Shift2 !

Then onto MK and P2. ;)

I have a question, is it possible to get that 10,000 sywr points after i bought it? because i had someone pick it up for me and they forgot to tell them about sywr and the cashier didn't say anything about sywr so i didn't get them

[quote name='DPsycho']How ominous. We'll remember this day when the KMart / Sears civil war erupts and tears the retail sector asunder.

I had an odd thought. Since the point cards have no value until activated at the register, there really isn't anything stopping someone from acquiring an unused card anywhere, bringing it into KMart, and having it activated as part of the purchase, is there? I'm not suggesting that people pocket them from other retailers, but if someone were to get one through any other means, is the worst that would happen that KMart's already inconsistent inventory numbers for the cards becomes decremented without explanation? (This is assuming anyplace BUT NJ, of course.)

Also, I only just noticed that Bust-A-Move Universe is listed at $29.99 rather than the $39.99 shown for the rest of the launch titles. Please tell me this wasn't a typo. As I've already stated, I love me some Puzzle Bobble and am currently considering it as my choice for the promotion. (Is it Sunday yet??)[/QUOTE]

Yep, Bust-A-Move Universe is $29.99. That's the first 3DS game I'm looking to get.

My K-mart (#7098) was out of 4,000 MSP cards, and the employees seemed pretty clueless on whether or not they were going to get anymore this week. They did have a bunch of PSN cards though. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for the inevitable 39.99 amazon sale in a few weeks.

Help SCH Gamer. I can't figure out who to email to get the PSN card substitute. I picked up Crysis 2 for the PS3 today but no cards...

HELP!!!

Hit the Cromwell, CT Kmart today and scooped up an Epic Ed. Bulletstorm, with another 15-20 easily in stock.

How quickly do points/bonus points typically show up online? After the issue I posted previously, I got home, checked my Rewards account and found it's not showing that I made a purchase today. I also didn't get an email version of my receipt, which has happened with my last couple purchases. Since the dept. manager said to, I called the 800 number and waited about 15 minutes to speak to someone who couldn't really give me much info about what happened and said it could take up to 30 days for the 10,000 bonus points to post. I know I usually get them within a week maximum, as I've used points from one week for a purchase the next multiple times. I'm guessing I'm not getting the 10,000 point without a return/rebuy or emailing Josh, but am just figuring how long I should wait before going with one of those options.

[quote name='oldbearian']Help SCH Gamer. I can't figure out who to email to get the PSN card substitute. I picked up Crysis 2 for the PS3 today but no cards...

HELP!!![/QUOTE]

SHC-Ad Monster - Jim Angelico [email protected]

[quote name='maxfisher']How quickly do points/bonus points typically show up online? After the issue I posted previously, I got home, checked my Rewards account and found it's not showing that I made a purchase today. I also didn't get an email version of my receipt, which has happened with my last couple purchases. Since the dept. manager said to, I called the 800 number and waited about 15 minutes to speak to someone who couldn't really give me much info about what happened and said it could take up to 30 days for the 10,000 bonus points to post. I know I usually get them within a week maximum, as I've used points from one week for a purchase the next multiple times. I'm guessing I'm not getting the 10,000 point without a return/rebuy or emailing Josh, but am just figuring how long I should wait before going with one of those options.[/QUOTE]

usually the points are instant and should show up on your receipt as a matter of fact. calling the 1 800 number does nothing as they going to tell you to wait 30 days before contacting them again. if you can return/rebuy then do that if not email ad-monster

Picked up Crysis 2 + Sony points card, no problemo.

I also just found out my grandmother passed away early this morning.

[quote name='sadboy']Picked up Crysis 2 + Sony points card, no problemo.

I also just found out my grandmother passed away early this morning.[/QUOTE]

Though these words may mean little to you, I give my condolences. I know the feeling...

I had some issues at the Kmart in Minneapolis.

I grabbed the 360 version of Crysis and a 4000 point card.

They swiped my SYWR card and scanned the two items.

It would not discount the 4000 point card.

They then told me, they thought I had to buy the headphones, as well, in order to get the money off of the XBLA card.

Finally a manager took $30 off of the price of Crysis 2 to make the total what it should have been in the first place.

He didn't think it registered my SYWR points,.

Is there someone I can email me receipt info to in order to get the credit for those 10,000 points I should have received today?

sorry to hear that, not much words on a computer can do to make you feel better but losing someone is never easy..

[quote name='Shurs']I had some issues at the Kmart in Minneapolis.

I grabbed the 360 version of Crysis and a 4000 point card.

They swiped my SYWR card and scanned the two items.

It would not discount the 4000 point card.

They then told me, they thought I had to buy the headphones, as well, in order to get the money off of the XBLA card.

Finally a manager took $30 off of the price of Crysis 2 to make the total what it should have been in the first place.

He didn't think it registered my SYWR points,.

Is there someone I can email me receipt info to in order to get the credit for those 10,000 points I should have received today?[/QUOTE]

check the frst page and you'll find ad-monsters email address, take a pic of receipt and send it to him. he'll fix it for you

[quote name='DaBlakKnite']No Kmarts in the DC area have Crysis 2 yet. Sucks...[/QUOTE]

Actually, I stopped by the Springfield, VA store (#7415, this is DC metro area) early this afternoon (3/22), and they had Crysis 2 for both platforms, plus they had a few 4000 MS points cards and plenty of PSN cards. Picked it up and all the bonus points showed on my receipt, so it looks good. The employee had no idea at all what I was talking about, but I just asked her to scan the game, the points card, and my rewards number, and the transaction worked fine . . . took $30 off the MS points card and gave me tons of SYWR points. First purchase for the SYWR deals, very happy. Thanks Josh!

Aw man, terribly sorry to hear that.

^ Dayumn. Just from glancing at SeanTM22's avatar, I could go for some Gumby's Pizza right about now. I haven't had any since college, but I remember they used to make the most huge-ass pizzas that, while they weren't the best-tasting, had the most bang for your buck.

Anyway, for those who keep track of cross-game platform analyses, Lens of Truth just came out with a video comparison for Crysis 2.

edit: Thanks to everyone who shared their condolences.

Man, I'd really like to get in on these deals but my KMarts never ever ever have both parts of a deal. Out of 3 stores I went to, only one had Crysis 2, none had any $50 PSN cards, all of which say they haven't had PSN cards in, I quote, "Forever." I want to give you my business, jerks. Oh well, looks like I'll wait for the $30 price in a month or so.

Hey Johsh, tried to get the ps3 today for 300 with $50 gift card. I asked them if it applies to killzone 3 bundle but they said no.

Is this true? I don't really care if the ps3 will have KZ3 or not, but getting it would be nice.

Thanks!

[quote name='erectiontown']Man, I'd really like to get in on these deals but my KMarts never ever ever have both parts of a deal. Out of 3 stores I went to, only one had Crysis 2, none had any $50 PSN cards, all of which say they haven't had PSN cards in, I quote, "Forever." I want to give you my business, jerks. Oh well, looks like I'll wait for the $30 price in a month or so.[/QUOTE]

Where you located, cause that's the same problem here in Orlando and with gas at $3.44 a gallon Im not driving round the city trying to find the "perfect" Kmart..I bombed twice today..no more.

[quote name='ucantcme69']For w/e reason he hasnt updated the OP but he stated the offer is $15 off a future $40 WWE purchase as well as a $10 game coupon.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man! I think I will get this game since I like the demo. Wish I could play as more people instead of Ultimate Warrior and Rey!

[quote name='nzgc']Hey Johsh, tried to get the ps3 today for 300 with $50 gift card. I asked them if it applies to killzone 3 bundle but they said no.

Is this true? I don't really care if the ps3 will have KZ3 or not, but getting it would be nice.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

yes it does apply to the kz3 bundle.. just have them scan it and it will show up on the computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back