SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ithebigc']What do you have against SYWR? The only negative was that Josh was limited by what he could do by the SYWR team, otherwise SYWR was a lot more convenient than coupons. It was a quick scan of your card and you could immediately use your points. No waiting for a week or whatever before the coupon would activate. Buy a game, get pts, use the pts on the same day if you want and the card was small.

Coupons are larger, easier to lose (I don't keep coupons in my wallet all the time) and they were printed on heat sensitive paper which could deteriorate[/QUOTE]

All my purchases from last year never showed up on my card and still haven't received credit for MvsC3.

Josh

Copied you on an email to SYWR but the address that's listed in this thread bounced. Do you have another email address for them?

I was one of the people who got DQVI the day before the SYWR points were being posted to peoples' accounts. Is it still possible to get credit for it?

[quote name='bobphone']I was one of the people who got DQVI the day before the SYWR points were being posted to peoples' accounts. Is it still possible to get credit for it?[/QUOTE]

go to kmart.com, log in and there should be an option in ur profile to request credit, i think it'll only work if u bought it during the promotion tho

also, lets hope there's a $50 psn card :) i mean, the $20 kmart/sears gift card would work but i'd rather get the psn card :) lookin forward to crysis 2!!!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
:ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle

Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
[/QUOTE]

It's not coming out tomorrow? So what day exactly is the "end of this week"? Saturday? Friday? Thursday?

[quote name='Ghostrain']Will the price dropped games have their prices changed regardless if they're not marked correctly?[/QUOTE]
That is correct; the system reflects the price as shown in the OP's.

[quote name='camelking6969']when will playstion heros be in. thats a hell of a gd deal. get game and move for 120 dollars[/QUOTE]
Should be in by Fri/Sat; I've extended the deal through the end of the following week.

[quote name='Kain']It's not coming out tomorrow? So what day exactly is the "end of this week"? Saturday? Friday? Thursday?[/QUOTE]
It is shipping tomorrow, so most likely Fri/Sat.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Shiny. Can't wait to see the Portal 2 and LA Noire deals. Good times ahead in thread no. 5.[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm hoping for a great MK deal, but those will be nice too. Long live 5.0!

[quote name='Marauder7']All my purchases from last year never showed up on my card and still haven't received credit for MvsC3.

Josh

Copied you on an email to SYWR but the address that's listed in this thread bounced. Do you have another email address for them?[/QUOTE]
[email protected] didn't work?

He definitely received boat load of email recently :) Try mine at [email protected] if that doesn't work.

[quote name='bobphone']I was one of the people who got DQVI the day before the SYWR points were being posted to peoples' accounts. Is it still possible to get credit for it?[/QUOTE]
All else fails; feel free to shoot Jim a note.

[quote name='Mad39er']That was my first gaming purchase at Kmart ever I think. It really got my attention because it was a very gutsy move compared to everybody else at the time. Good job :applause:[/QUOTE]
Cool! Yeah, I was pretty much training my first 6 months on the job and then I hit the ground running last March. I'd say the promo that really kicked the whole thing off was Just Cause 2 at $45 on launch, the Resonance deal and Splinter Cell week 2 at $39.99.

The rest is our own little CAG history :)

Do any KMarts carry the Turtle Beach X31? All I see is X11's around me. The wife told me I needed to grab a pair, and if I can get the wireless one's this would be my best chance.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Cool! Yeah, I was pretty much training my first 6 months on the job and then I hit the ground running last March. I'd say the promo that really kicked the whole thing off was Just Cause 2 at $45 on launch, the Resonance deal and Splinter Cell week 2 at $39.99.

The rest is our own little CAG history :)[/QUOTE]
I remember reading about the Heavy Rain deal a few months after it happened (around June or Julyish?) and I still regret not getting in on that one, considering it just now hit $30 new. Wasn't that one of the first ones? I'm hazy on the timeline until i jumped in on the Alan Wake/BF:BC2/SC:C coupon deals (when the MSRP dropped right before the original promotion went live and threw off the offer), but I feel like I remember that from the OP of the first thread.

It's been a while though, so I could be way off.

[quote name='murphyspub']Do any KMarts carry the Turtle Beach X31? All I see is X11's around me. The wife told me I needed to grab a pair, and if I can get the wireless one's this would be my best chance.[/QUOTE]

Why did the wife say you need to grab a pair?

$15 off a WWE related item w/ WWE All Stars AND $10 gaming coupon? I think you just might have my business, sir - does K-Mart stock WWE Blu's? Looking for WM26.

Last time I got the 4000 with DA2 they only had a few cards left. Hopefully they still have some tomorrow, but if not do I have to ask for the $20 gift card or what?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I wonder what Josh is gonna do for Portal 2 now that (in his own words) Wal-Mart has set the bar.[/QUOTE]

When did Walmart start giving incentives to buy there? And what exactly was this bar they set?

Is the Crysis 2 deal with the PSN card in the blog? The reason I ask is because I know in NYC they dont follow the ad deals and I would hopefully like to go into a store and get the game and card together without asking the cashier about the deal and get it to ring up properly since they dont seem to have much knowledge on the deals.

Thanks for any input

What are the details of the 3DS $25 off a game thing? Would it be too late for me to take advantage of this? Is it a preorder bonus?

Edit: Okay, I found out that buying a 3DS there gives you $25 off a 3DS game. Pretty awesome deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='utopianmachine']What are the details of the 3DS $25 off a game thing? Would it be too late for me to take advantage of this? Is it a preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]

It's not on the blog yet but Josh did mention it on his SHC facebook page. It's going to be a release deal as usual since Kmart doesn't really do preorders

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'm hazy on the timeline until i jumped in on the Alan Wake/BF:BC2/SC:C coupon deals (when the MSRP dropped right before the original promotion went live and threw off the offer), but I feel like I remember that from the OP of the first thread.[/QUOTE]
That one was an amazing deal, back before there was a delay on the coupons. I had to drive an hour away to find a copy of BF:BC2, but I wanna say that the SMG2 and Wii Point Card deal was at the same time, because I chained all those coupons to the next game and walked out of there with a nice amount of games. I think they had the Singstar 1 and 2 w/ mics on clearance for $14.99 too and I got those. I'm still upset with myself that I didn't go get Resonance of Fate when that deal happened way back when. I've still never picked it up since then. Waiting for it to hit $14.99 now.

I remember getting Lips for $19.99 and a bunch of Squeenix RPGs for $5 thanks to Kay in the old clearance thread too.

Awesome, once again no problems. Grabbed crysis2 and star wars for the kids.

Keep it up kmart.

Probably head back later this week and pull the trigger on the Move and ps heroes.

too many deals...
too many times in a row...
must stop...
spending so much...
money.

can't fight urge...
to go out... and get
c-r-y-s-i-s 2 + 4000 MSpoints deallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (faints from excitement on keyboard)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I'm still upset with myself that I didn't go get Resonance of Fate when that deal happened way back when. I've still never picked it up since then. Waiting for it to hit $14.99 now.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I feel you there. It's been months and months and I still can't find a great deal on it for 360.

Just picked up 2 copies of crysis and 2 points cards for my cousin and I. Pretty much rang up fine except something happened at the register and customer service had to fix it but I got the games, cards, and points at the correct price. Thanks again Josh !!

Thanks again for adding the MSRP prices to the games in OP. I was wondering about any plans to have a deal on Socom 4 deployment edition, or if you guys are getting it in. Its 3 weeks til release.

Example of why I don't like shopping for games at Kmart:
Went in today to check out clearance. All they had was a table marked 29.99 and under. So I browsed the crap and among the Hannah Montana and other Wii shovelware was a copy of Fire Emblem wii. Huzzah! It was marked 49.99, but the table was 29.99 and under, right? So I take it up and get a price check. $49.99. I mention the table and signage. "Oh yeah, that happens a lot. Sorry."
*sigh*
(vent over)
You're doing great, SHC-Gamer, and I still will go to Kmart for a good enough deal. But the stores are doing less-great. And I'm done trying for anything "clearanced" there.

[quote name='killias2']So.. still no word on the PC version of Crysis 2?[/QUOTE]

He's mentioned a few times that they wouldn't be getting any PC releases in March due to internal issues. Should have some in April though.

Standing in the parsippany nj store. They refuse to sell me Crysis 2 and Lego star wars because that would violate street date. I showed them the ad and they acknowledged that today was in fact the right day. They still won't sell it to me because it would mess up their inventory. Does anyone know the 1800 number I can call to complain.

[quote name='specter316']Standing in the parsippany nj store. They refuse to sell me Crysis 2 and Lego star wars because that would violate street date. I showed them the ad and they acknowledged that today was in fact the right day. They still won't sell it to me because it would mess up their inventory. Does anyone know the 1800 number I can call to complain.[/QUOTE]

You should email the representative in the first post - his email is there, let him know the store address and the name of the individual who told you that if possible.

[email protected]

He will set it straight. Completely ridiculous for them to run their store like that. Hope you get it resolved.

I emailed him and ad monster, but am trying to get a response before I leave town. I had to drive a half an hour to get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back