SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
The $15/$45 coupons are valid from 4/24 - 5/21. Too restrictive for me but I already have the games I want preordered so it wouldnt matter in my case anyway.

The only time it's good for the coupons to be valid for under 30 days imo is in Oct/Nov when everything releases. Still a good deal if you happen to want some combination of Crysis 2, Fight Night, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, Socom, Lego Pirates, and LA Noire. Edit: Forgot Brink also releases on May 17th.

[quote name='jer7583']I feel like people complaining about AI in crysis 2 should remember that almost every game ever made has AI that is as problematic. Halo and FEAR and Half Life 2 were some of the only ones to get it right recently.

A lot of modern shooters just hide it by making the game a corridor based COD style shooting gallery. That's not good AI either. Or bulletstorm's blatant "run at you until you kill me in some fun way" AI.
[/QUOTE]

I would rather have them hide it CoD style if they can't get it right than have the AI running into the wall every 5 minutes. I would have sacrificed some of the "openness" of the game for enemies that weren't taking me out of the experience so often.

AI in general still just plain sucks but yeah it is particularly bad in Crysis 2. CoD AI is pathetic also. It's like in Crysis it's decent but then it just turns off like there's a switch and it's either on or off. Other than that though Crysis 2 is awesome. Very fun regardless.

This is my plan, and if anyone can confirm this will work, that'd be awesome.

I am going to buy Socom 4 and Mortal Kombat. I will need to buy $0.2 more to trigger the deal, so I will grab a PSN card ($20) for $10, thanks to MK. That will be roughly $135 after tax. Then, I get the $60 card, and buy Portal 2. I will then grab another $20 card, and that makes it $10, thanks to P2. After tax, it would be roughly $15. So, I would nab, Socom 4, Portal 2, and Mortal Kombat, plus, 2 $20 PSN cards for only $150, save a few bucks, more or less.

[quote name='Vicarious Norse']This is my plan, and if anyone can confirm this will work, that'd be awesome.

I am going to buy Socom 4 and Mortal Kombat. I will need to buy $0.2 more to trigger the deal, so I will grab a PSN card ($20) for $10, thanks to MK. That will be roughly $135 after tax. Then, I get the $60 card, and buy Portal 2. I will then grab another $20 card, and that makes it $10, thanks to P2. After tax, it would be roughly $15. So, I would nab, Socom 4, Portal 2, and Mortal Kombat, plus, 2 $20 PSN cards for only $150, save a few bucks, more or less.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that will work, because I don't think you can use the coupons until the following week.

Didn't know that. I tried reading around, but that only made me confused.
So there's a date to when I can use the $60 coupon?

There's a one week delay on the coupons. It may work out better for you though, as Josh has already said there will be a really good deal on Portal 2 about two weeks after release.

Hoping that Crysis 2 is @ $40 in time for the coupon deal. And what about Fight Night for $30-$40 during this time too? Can you cook something up Josh?!

[quote name='Xellos2099']Are you refering the 4/19 gaming coupon? I was pretty sure they only last 30 days... which would expire at5 May 21.... the only major release would be La Noir and Witcher 2.[/QUOTE]

Thats incorrect. Unless they are being changed again the recent coupons I just got were valid for 45 days. My coupons state 04/03/11 - 05/14/11

So if they follow the same method all of those games I listed would be valid :)

About the 4/17 coupons:

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']It will be 4 weeks valid from 4/24 to 5/21[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']I want to explain a little more about how the $60 coupon works. It will actually print out 2 coupons. One will be for $15 and the other one will be $45 = $60. When you buy $40 to $119.99 in gaming software or gaming cards the sytem will print out 1 coupon for $15. If you spend that extra penny and hit $120, then the system will print out a $15 and a $45 coupon. The coupons will be redeemable starting 4/24 and will be valid for 4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Coupons are still usually good for 45 days, but this is an exception to that rule.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Anyone else think it's kinda bullshit on the coupon split?

Why isn't it spend $60 get $30 and spend $120 get 60.

It's the same thing.[/QUOTE]

It's an incentive to buy an extra game you clueless numb nut. lol jk

I don't have a problem w/ the idea of "buy more and save more", I just don't like the 2 cent requirement to get the coupon after just purchasing 2 games. I know James did a great job using game cards at half price but I still would've liked to have seen the requirement be 119.98.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']About the 4/17 coupons:

Coupons are still usually good for 45 days, but this is an exception to that rule.[/QUOTE]

If that is true then they really need to start posting this stuff on the first page so everyone can see. Also you can still get alot of those games so there still are choices. Pretty shady that 2 weeks were pretty much cut on this coupon though when all the others were 45 days and this one still doesnt start right away. I remember a post where Josh asked us if we wanted them to start right away and then loose basically 2 weeks off how long they are valid for. Looks like they decided that they are going to cut 2 weeks and still not make them valid for a week. I still like the deal since I buy alot of games but I can see what other peoples gripes are as well. Thanks for pointing me to the info.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Pretty shady that 2 weeks were pretty much cut on this coupon though when all the others were 45 days and this one still doesnt start right away.[/QUOTE]

It's not shady if Josh is up front about the terms of the coupon/deal, which he has been.

[quote name='aznhero913']I don't have a problem w/ the idea of "buy more and save more", I just don't like the 2 cent requirement to get the coupon after just purchasing 2 games. I know James did a great job using game cards at half price but I still would've liked to have seen the requirement be 119.98.[/QUOTE]
The other option is Kmart can raise the price of those 59.99 games to 60.00, I doubt that'll go over well since you're already struggling to to find something to make up .02 cents worth of trouble.

[quote name='VaultDweller']no deals this week ?? :([/QUOTE]

There's a few good deals coming up next week. If Josh doesn't post before he leaves tomorrow I'll post them up.

[quote name='salty tbone']It's not shady if Josh is up front about the terms of the coupon/deal, which he has been.[/QUOTE]

Im saying I can def see why there are as many complaints as there have been with the deal. for me personally I prob buy more games on release than most people do so it wont be a issue for me. For others I see their points.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Why is it everyone on here has not mentioned the game "Brink" that comes out the same day as L.A. Noire?[/QUOTE]

I have been following the game for a little bit. Alot of gamers think that it might be this years Borderlands and be a sleeper hit. Im buying it myself :)

[quote name='ucantcme69']I have been following the game for a little bit. Alot of gamers think that it might be this years Borderlands and be a sleeper hit. Im buying it myself :)[/QUOTE]
It could just as easily be this year's Alan Wake, too -- a good game against a sleeping titan. Red Dead Redemption left a smouldering crater in retail that killed some good games. LA Noire could do the same again, if it's as big a sleeper hit.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']It could just as easily be this year's Alan Wake, too -- a good game against a sleeping titan. Red Dead Redemption left a smouldering crater in retail that killed some good games. LA Noire could do the same again, if it's as big a sleeper hit.[/QUOTE]

Im hoping it will be. I want another multiplayer game grabs my interest as none lately have been able to keep my attention for long.

I seriously can't believe people are complaining about the deal. Josh is giving us a pretty damn good deal and everyone's just complaining and saying "Make it better! Make games a penny more!" That's not how it works you idiots. The company running these deals has to make money too. They can't just start bleeding money because you guys want to make a deal even better. Get over it =/. Anyone who complains about Josh giving us an awesome deal like this should just get the ban hammer brought down upon them. It's ridiculous.

I think the deal is great DarkRider. I mean I am not getting Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat but will be getting WWE Allstars, then also pick up some older games. I love this deal. The coupons I already know will be used next month when Lego Pirates, Brink and L.A. Noire come out.

I think peoples biggest complaint, at least how I see it, is that they are trying to compare it to a Buy 2 Get 1 sale which it kinda is and isnt, if that makes sense.

Sorry if I missed something, but when the $60 worth of coupons print out, when are they eligible to be used?
Thanks.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I seriously can't believe people are complaining about the deal. Josh is giving us a pretty damn good deal and everyone's just complaining and saying "Make it better! Make games a penny more!" That's not how it works you idiots. The company running these deals has to make money too. They can't just start bleeding money because you guys want to make a deal even better. Get over it =/. Anyone who complains about Josh giving us an awesome deal like this should just get the ban hammer brought down upon them. It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I see it differently. They indicated this was a test. Enough feedback or complaints good or bad will help them in the future with other deals. The ones who say they wont buy because of the deal well thats on them but the complaints and feedback are only going to make deals better for you and me down the road. Like someone pointed out before the social networking aspect is providing them with so much information for free so that that they can better construct deals to make more money and drive more buyers in. We may not want to see tons of these complaints everyday but it is all serving a purpose.

Bit of a strange question, but to the employees in this thread, do any of you know whether KMart registers are capable of processing multiple rebate cards (treated as credit cards) for a single transaction? I've got like 3 of them worth $100 in total (plus cash) to put towards the upcoming coupon promo.

I didnt bother to read this thread lately and wont partake in this deal, but will a pack of gum or something not work to make up the 2 cents? I remember it used to work. Was that loophole closed?

[quote name='wrencrest']I didnt bother to read this thread lately and wont partake in this deal, but will a pack of gum or something not work to make up the 2 cents? I remember it used to work. Was that loophole closed?[/QUOTE]

The entire $120 has to come from gaming software (aside from a $20 exception on PSN/WiiWare/XBL point cards it seems) so no that won't work. Best you could do is find some bargain bin PS2 games; cheapest I found so far is 5.99

[quote name='Psybuster']The entire $120 has to come from gaming software (aside from a $20 exception on PSN/WiiWare/XBL point cards it seems) so no that won't work. Best you could do is find some bargain bin PS2 games; cheapest I found so far is 5.99[/QUOTE]
You should have told him it was answered a few pages back.

[quote name='Psybuster']Bit of a strange question, but to the employees in this thread, do any of you know whether KMart registers are capable of processing multiple rebate cards (treated as credit cards) for a single transaction? I've got like 3 of them worth $100 in total (plus cash) to put towards the upcoming coupon promo.[/QUOTE]

Yes it should work no problem. I used a bunch of $25 staples prepaid visa rebate cards to purchase gaming hardware a few weeks ago all on the same receipt and their was no issue.

SHC Stocky- any news on the buying two point cards if you buy Poral2 and MK combined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRider23
I seriously can't believe people are complaining about the deal. Josh is giving us a pretty damn good deal and everyone's just complaining and saying "Make it better! Make games a penny more!" That's not how it works you idiots. The company running these deals has to make money too. They can't just start bleeding money because you guys want to make a deal even better. Get over it =/. Anyone who complains about Josh giving us an awesome deal like this should just get the ban hammer brought down upon them. It's ridiculous.

[quote name='ucantcme69']I see it differently. They indicated this was a test. Enough feedback or complaints good or bad will help them in the future with other deals. The ones who say they wont buy because of the deal well thats on them but the complaints and feedback are only going to make deals better for you and me down the road. Like someone pointed out before the social networking aspect is providing them with so much information for free so that that they can better construct deals to make more money and drive more buyers in. We may not want to see tons of these complaints everyday but it is all serving a purpose.[/QUOTE]

I see both points. Feedback is necessary-but feedback should be constructive and not to be unrealistic (but isn't that subjective?). Games will not be given a price increase of a cent just to make this deal more appeasing to a certain number of people. We know that. Plus there is the MSRP-and increasing prices above the MSRP, I would think, is something Kmart nor the studios would be happy with--nor makes sense just for a coupon/deal. BUT-even though someone may believe this poster's suggestion sounds egregious doesn't mean it is ok respond and post calling them an idiot either.
I was happy when this new thread started to see and read actual discussion of deals and games, and less insults and egos. Let us stay positive and talk what we are here for-the deals and games!

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']SHC Stocky- any news on the buying two point cards if you buy Poral2 and MK combined?
[/QUOTE]

I'll try to find out, Josh and Ad Monster who loads the promotions are in meetings but if I had to guess I would say no that you wouldn't be able to get 2 points cards for $10 each but I'll check.

So for the 4/17 deal, would it be possible to buy two games, get the coupons, and then return the two games unopened, or is there some sort of safeguard against that?

Also, does Wal-Mart still do the unopened-without-receipt return? Because I could just do that... or sell them on eBay I guess, or Gamestop as a last resort.

[quote name='cptspoofy']So for the 4/17 deal, would it be possible to buy two games, get the coupons, and then return the two games unopened, or is there some sort of safeguard against that?

Also, does Wal-Mart still do the unopened-without-receipt return? Because I could just do that... or sell them on eBay I guess, or Gamestop as a last resort.[/QUOTE]

why bother doing that? just run in, steal them and run out.

Uh because I would like the coupons? If not, I'll just return them at wal-mart for giftcards until LA Noire and Infamous 2 come out, or save up for a 3DS; but it would be nice to get my money back whatsoever in non-giftcard form

[quote name='cptspoofy']Uh because I would like the coupons? If not, I'll just return them at wal-mart for giftcards until LA Noire and Infamous 2 come out, or save up for a 3DS; but it would be nice to get my money back whatsoever in non-giftcard form[/QUOTE]

You're a thief, and I hope you get caught (and gonorrhea).

[quote name='cptspoofy']Uh because I would like the coupons? If not, I'll just return them at wal-mart for giftcards until LA Noire and Infamous 2 come out, or save up for a 3DS; but it would be nice to get my money back whatsoever in non-giftcard form[/QUOTE]

idiots like you should be banned.

Lol okay thanks, but in all honesty, if I buy the games at K mart, they get $120 minus the $60 they give me, and if I return them to walmart, wally world breaks even after I spend the gift cards and they sell the games I returned/sold to them, plus I'll have to put even more money into their business if I get a 3DS.

Doesn't sound like I'm hurting anybody really.

[quote name='cptspoofy']Lol okay thanks, but in all honesty, if I buy the games at K mart, they get $120 minus the $60 they give me, and if I return them to walmart, wally world breaks even after I spend the gift cards and they sell the games I returned/sold to them, plus I'll have to put even more money into their business if I get a 3DS.

Doesn't sound like I'm hurting anybody really.[/QUOTE]

If it's all good and on the up and up tell wal-mart where you bought them when you return them. They should have no problem with it, right? It's all good and not hurting anybody?

Why is this even allowed to be discussed? If you're going to be shady keep it to yourself.

[quote name='jer7583']
Why is this even allowed to be discussed? If you're going to be shady keep it to yourself.[/QUOTE]

I think a mod did some clean up already.... but apparently not enough.

Alright I will. Sheesh I was just wondering. It's no different than me selling the games on eBay. Nothing shady about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back