SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MastrMeatWad']SHC Stocky- any news on the buying two point cards if you buy Poral2 and MK combined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRider23
I seriously can't believe people are complaining about the deal. Josh is giving us a pretty damn good deal and everyone's just complaining and saying "Make it better! Make games a penny more!" That's not how it works you idiots. The company running these deals has to make money too. They can't just start bleeding money because you guys want to make a deal even better. Get over it =/. Anyone who complains about Josh giving us an awesome deal like this should just get the ban hammer brought down upon them. It's ridiculous.

I see both points. Feedback is necessary-but feedback should be constructive and not to be unrealistic (but isn't that subjective?). Games will not be given a price increase of a cent just to make this deal more appeasing to a certain number of people. We know that. Plus there is the MSRP-and increasing prices above the MSRP, I would think, is something Kmart nor the studios would be happy with--nor makes sense just for a coupon/deal. BUT-even though someone may believe this poster's suggestion sounds egregious doesn't mean it is ok respond and post calling them an idiot either.
I was happy when this new thread started to see and read actual discussion of deals and games, and less insults and egos. Let us stay positive and talk what we are here for-the deals and games![/QUOTE]
Good post.

All feedback is good; I just want to level set everyone that the deal on 4-17 can't be altered at this point. All feedback (and results) will point towards further evolutions of the deal.

Overall, the concept is solid. Does it need to be tweaked, probably.

[quote name='DomLando']Josh, is there any update to the New Jersey stores having Point cards the week of the MK/Portal deal?[/QUOTE]
They should have them, looks on track.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah im considering it, just would rather use my sywr points..

Would have just reported it if I knew, sorry.[/QUOTE]
Buy it from them! It's a good deal!

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Why is it everyone on here has not mentioned the game "Brink" that comes out the same day as L.A. Noire?[/QUOTE]
This could change.

[quote name='ucantcme69']I have been following the game for a little bit. Alot of gamers think that it might be this years Borderlands and be a sleeper hit. Im buying it myself :)[/QUOTE]
I agree with this; I think this is a sleeper. Brink is solid.

[quote name='salty tbone']It's not shady if Josh is up front about the terms of the coupon/deal, which he has been.[/QUOTE]
This. I'm being completely upfront, always will be. I believe in 100% transparency (without releasing proprietary info - which would get me fired :) )

Definitely debate about the deal, but the ethics, please do not :(

The question was brought up and not answered to my knowledge. Could I buy 2 $50 and 1 $20 PSN cards and get the coupons deal? Thanks.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just as a heads up, I'll be in China until next Friday working on some cool stuff :) Ad Monster will be the main guy through next week for questions etc.

[email protected][/QUOTE]
Lucky. I need to get back to asia, any asian country. I miss it... :cry:
But unless I was in Guam, I wouldn't be able to get sweet deals at Kmart. So I can live with that I guess.

Have a good time.

[quote name='harveyiscool']The question was brought up and not answered to my knowledge. Could I buy 2 $50 and 1 $20 PSN cards and get the coupons deal? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No. The total before tax must be 120. Those are likely 49.99 games and 19.99 cards so you would be a few cents short.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Good post.

All feedback is good; I just want to level set everyone that the deal on 4-17 can't be altered at this point. All feedback (and results) will point towards further evolutions of the deal.

Overall, the concept is solid. Does it need to be tweaked, probably.[/QUOTE]

So it is confirmed that the 4/19 coupon will only be valid for 30 days? Will you be getting pc release on April and May?

[quote name='ucantcme69']No. The total before tax must be 120. Those are likely 49.99 games and 19.99 cards so you would be a few cents short.[/QUOTE]

Those cards are for the exact amount, so theoretically, that should work.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Those cards are for the exact amount, so theoretically, that should work.[/QUOTE]

not even then would it work, it would only work if they were 20.01 each... which they're not, cuz even tho they're 20 exactly u're missing the 2 cents from the two 49.99 games

edit: sorry meant 20.02 since its only one card and u're missing 2 cents

[quote name='SPVietBoy']not even then would it work, it would only work if they were 20.01 each... which they're not, cuz even tho they're 20 exactly u're missing the 2 cents from the two 49.99 games

edit: sorry meant 20.02 since its only one card and u're missing 2 cents[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ucantcme69']Points cards arent $20 even.
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_105V000056P00001P?prdNo=3

Ive never seen them as a even amount in a retail store.[/QUOTE]

He said $20 and $50 PSN cards, I have one of each in front of me and the receipts. They are exactly $20 and $50. Microsoft points are .01 off, PSN are exact.

[quote name='harveyiscool']The question was brought up and not answered to my knowledge. Could I buy 2 $50 and 1 $20 PSN cards and get the coupons deal? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes you are spending $120 so it will print the coupons.

edit: I took too long typing.

[quote name='noone13']Yes you are spending $120 so it will print the coupons.

edit: I took too long typing.[/QUOTE]

The exact answer is if the game is priced at $50 then yes. If the game is priced at $49.99 then no

[quote name='craven_fiend']He said $20 and $50 PSN cards, I have one of each in front of me and the receipts. They are exactly $20 and $50. Microsoft points are .01 off, PSN are exact.[/QUOTE]

Interesting how they do that

[quote name='gundamb0i']Are going be any deals on crisis 2[/QUOTE]
The week starting 4/17 it'll be $39.99. Also that's the same week that you buy $40 worth of gaming software and get a $15 coupon, or buy $120 worth and get $60 in coupons.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Interesting how they do that[/QUOTE]

i suppose its jsut the price that they're made to ring up at, idk about points but i know the psn cards r exact

The reason PSN cards are exact is because they add the exact amount to your wallet. XBL money is converted to points so it doesn't matter if it's 19.99 cause you still get 1600 points.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The week starting 4/17 it'll be $39.99. Also that's the same week that you buy $40 worth of gaming software and get a $15 coupon, or buy $120 worth and get $60 in coupons.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, interesting week it is... Anything else in that week?

[quote name='ucantcme69']The exact answer is if the game is priced at $50 then yes. If the game is priced at $49.99 then no[/QUOTE]

You keep referencing a game, but he was always asking about buying only PSN point cards totaling $120.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The reason PSN cards are exact is because they add the exact amount to your wallet. XBL money is converted to points so it doesn't matter if it's 19.99 cause you still get 1600 points.[/QUOTE]

Also, the difference comes in the way tax is charged. Tax is added at the time of purchase of the card for XBL points, where PSN cards do not have tax at the time of purchase but do charge tax when using the card in the psn store.

[quote name='DPsycho']You keep referencing a game, but he was always asking about buying only PSN point cards totaling $120.[/QUOTE]

Damn your right. I need to learn how to read. Sorry guys. Trying to give accurate info fails when you cant read :(

for everyone asking if buying only points card would print out the coupon, i would think no. its been stated that you can only get 1 psn/xbl card for 10 dollars. if you buy more the system might be only looking for 1 $10 off psn/xbl promo to discount.. does that make sense? anyways thats what i think

[quote name='medetron']for everyone asking if buying only points card would print out the coupon, i would think no. its been stated that you can only get 1 psn/xbl card for 10 dollars. if you buy more the system might be only looking for 1 $10 off psn/xbl promo to discount.. does that make sense? anyways thats what i think[/QUOTE]

This time I can read lol. Thats only to get the discount on one card. If someone wants to pay full price for the cards its been stated that kmart considers them software and the sale says $120 worth of software. Since they wouldnt be buying the games to get the $10 discount then buying $120 worth of points cards should technically work.

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']Also, the difference comes in the way tax is charged. Tax is added at the time of purchase of the card for XBL points, where PSN cards do not have tax at the time of purchase but do charge tax when using the card in the psn store.[/QUOTE]

Untrue on all accounts. It depends on your state. I do not get charged tax on PSN or XBL cards because they are considered gift cards for the most part. Plus PSN does not charge me tax.

Everyone is so confused, but it is not that hard. PSN cards are the exact value ringed up. I am also looking for no discounts here, as I am not purchasing a game to get half off a $20 card. I will buy 2 $50 PSN cards and 1 $20 PSN card, the total will ring up $120 EXACTLY in the Kmart register. I just want a Kmart representative here to confirm if this will unlock the register to print out the coupons. Do they probably want me to do this? I would assume no, but it is a valid question in my opinion. The reason I have to ask this question beforehand and not just try it on 04/17 is because you can't refund the points cards once purchased. At least the Kmart in my area wasn't able to do so last time. Thank you. Any valid responses would be great!

[quote name='harveyiscool']Everyone is so confused, but it is not that hard. PSN cards are the exact value ringed up. I am also looking for no discounts here, as I am not purchasing a game to get half off a $20 card. I will buy 2 $50 PSN cards and 1 $20 PSN card, the total will ring up $120 EXACTLY in the Kmart register. I just want a Kmart representative here to confirm if this will unlock the register to print out the coupons. Do they probably want me to do this? I would assume no, but it is a valid question in my opinion. The reason I have to ask this question beforehand and not just try it on 04/17 is because you can't refund the points cards once purchased. At least the Kmart in my area wasn't able to do so last time. Thank you. Any valid responses would be great![/QUOTE]

Hopefully one of the Kmart peeps rules in here but piecing together everything they said you would meet all requirements they laid out so there shouldnt be any reason you shouldnt get the coupons.

Are you guys playing the telephone game? I've never seen so much confusion for such a simple question. Just let one of the reps answer him, since no one here could possibly know the definitive answer.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just as a heads up, I'll be in China until next Friday working on some cool stuff :) Ad Monster will be the main guy through next week for questions etc.

Do I get the hint of collectible items coming w/ game purchases for the big titles coming up?

I hope so!!!!

[quote name='ucantcme69']Hopefully one of the Kmart peeps rules in here but piecing together everything they said you would meet all requirements they laid out so there shouldnt be any reason you shouldnt get the coupons.[/QUOTE]
Only the 20 cards count towards the 120. Note to self, post all rules ahead of time when leaking a deal :)

i have read the thread. including and up to this page, so i know people are in the midst of discussing points cards.

how many $60 coupons can we qualify for?

I want to buy:
1) socom 4, portal 2, and something filler to go over 120
2) 50, 50, 20 psn cards.

if i do these in separate purchases, will i get 2 $60 coupons?

[quote name='affa']i have read the thread. including and up to this page, so i know people are in the midst of discussing points cards.

I want to buy:
2) 50, 50, 20 psn cards.

if i do these in separate purchases, will i get 2 $60 coupons?[/QUOTE]Unless I'm mistaken, Josh has said that we'll be limited to only one $60 coupon through SYWR, and even then, technically it'll be two coupons ($15 coupon + $45 coupon).

Also, Josh very recently said (two posts above yours, in fact) that only $20 cards count towards the coupon(s).

[quote name='Vigilante']Unless I'm mistaken, Josh has said that we'll be limited to only one $60 coupon through SYWR, and even then, technically it'll be two coupons ($15 coupon + $45 coupon).

Also, Josh very recently said (two posts above yours, in fact) that only $20 cards count towards the coupon(s).[/QUOTE]

either way, he could just do 6 20 psn cards haha, same amount :D but yea, he said it was limited to one right? i know someone did

[quote name='affa']i have read the thread. including and up to this page, so i know people are in the midst of discussing points cards.

I want to buy:
2) 50, 50, 20 psn cards.

if i do these in separate purchases, will i get 2 $60 coupons?[/QUOTE]

yea you read the whole thread and that is how you missed where it said only $20 psn cards were eligible.

Which city do you visit? Make sure to enjoy some dog meat.

[quote name='AJVtony831']yea you read the whole thread and that is how you missed where it said only $20 psn cards were eligible.[/QUOTE]

yea, i read the thread. sorry if after reading a couple hundred posts to catch up my eyes glazed over.

and sorry if reading 'only the 20 cards' didn't translate in my head to "only $20 PSN cards". It's not exactly a distinction one would expect to find, so it went over my head.

and yes, i read the whole freaking thread. i read this thing every damn day, but was behind because i've been out of town. glad to see it's still as annoying as ever, with people being rude to anyone asking a question.

I heard rat/mouse was an acquired taste in China like snails are in France. Hey, eat what's available/what you can afford. If Fido/dog meat is all you can find, you're gonna eat it rather than starve. I know a dude in the U.S. who ate/cooked roadkill, probably dog once in awhile.

Anyway, I might not be able to find exactly $120 worth of games. Probably at best 5 $20 games and a $30 game.

hmm... buy 7x1600 points cards and get $60 back? that's a possibility I hadn't thought of...

Can Stock Boy or Ad Monster confirm that all $20 points cards would work, or is it a limit of only one points card as part of your overall $120 purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back