SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yigytugd']With the Portal 2 & Mortal Kombat deal (Kmart details upcoming Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat deals and more - National Console Gaming | Examiner.com ), What I'm wondering is if someone could go ahead and try this method to only pay $45 for 2 games.

What if someone bough all 3 deals = about $130. Go to a different K-Mart, return both of the games and get $120 back. Than use the giftcard and buy another one of the games (which is now free). Since I got one game, I would get a $15 giftcard. Use that to buy another one of the games and I would only spend $45.

Doubt it'll work but just wondering? I already got my paid off at Gamestop so won't be going anywhere to get it but wondering.[/QUOTE]

This isn't true because you posted in your other thread that this is exactly what you plan on doing. In that case, it'll definitely work. I can't wait for you to do it.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']If you wanted to pretend to have my job for today what do you think would be a comparable title sales-wise and genre-wise that has come out in the past 2 years?

Basically for all new releases I have to come up with sales estimates for us and we usually base it off of like titles, similar offers, or recent trends. I'm just afraid there is too much else going on around this release.[/QUOTE]
I think the comparisons to Gothic 4 and Divinity are well placed. It seems like a forgettable title that will sell ok at best and tank at worst. I just can't see it selling well unless it ends up a) being good and getting good reviews, and b) getting strong word of mouth post-release. There's just no buzz about or for it right now, whereas LA Noire, inFamous 2, et. al. are going to be big blockbusters in the same release window. It just doesn't seem like a strong enough title to stand out. But anything's possible I guess.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Is there any buzz around Hunted: Demon's Forge?

We're looking at plans for May and I don't know much about this game. Seems like it might have some trouble with a few crowded weeks sandwiched between LA Noire, FEAR 3, Red Faction, and Infamous 2.

Is this game expected to do well?[/QUOTE]

Im getting it. Looks good enough to me. I find it odd there's not much hype for this, especially being a Bethesda game.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Just wondering if it was possible. I already paid off mine at Gamestop so I got no worries.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a BS story to me.

The deal Josh is offering is already amazing, please dont try to return fraud it. Im pretty sure that there are safeguards with the new coupons having unique codes tied to specific transactions to prevent this. You'd definately get caught.

I gladly will pay $130 for MK, Portal 2, a $20 PSN card and a $60 coupon not to mention $1.30 SYWR point (or more depending if its double or triple points)

You'd be stupid to buy this at gamestop, which i doubt your doing.

[quote name='haize']sounds like a BS story to me.

The deal Josh is offering is already amazing, please dont try to return fraud it. Im pretty sure that there are safeguards with the new coupons having unique codes tied to specific transactions to prevent this. You'd definately get caught.

I gladly will pay $130 for MK, Portal 2, a $20 PSN card and a $60 coupon not to mention $1.30 SYWR point (or more depending if its double or triple points)

You'd be stupid to buy this at gamestop, which i doubt your doing.[/QUOTE]

He isn't, he made another thread about this but it got closed:

[quote name='Yigytugd']Kmart is coming up with some creative deals for the week that Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 launch that includes not only gaming coupons but discounts on PSN and MS Point cards as well.
The primary deal at Kmart for the week of April 17 is a $15 Gaming Coupon with the purchase of any game software that totals up to $40 or more. As a bonus, the retailer is offering a $60 Gaming Coupon with the purchase of $120 worth of game software. That essentially becomes a buy 2 get 1 free deal.
Kmart will also offer a $10 off a $20 PSN or Xbox LIVE Points card with the purchase of either Mortal Kombat or Portal 2 for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. This deal does combine with the Gaming Coupon offer for even more savings potential.

From SlickDeals

What I'm wondering is if after you buy it all and stack the deals, can you just return the games and get $120 back?

My plan is to buy all 3 deals = about $130. Go to a different K-Mart, return both of the games and get $120 back. Than use the giftcard and buy another one of the games (which is now free). Since I got one game, I would get a $15 giftcard. Use that to buy another one of the games and I would only spend $45.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292189

People like these should be banned from this site. I don't understand how this is acceptable but Altanis being coarse with people is a bannable offense.

[quote name='Yigytugd']With the Portal 2 & Mortal Kombat deal (Kmart details upcoming Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat deals and more - National Console Gaming | Examiner.com ), What I'm wondering is if someone could go ahead and try this method to only pay $45 for 2 games.

What if someone bough all 3 deals = about $130. Go to a different K-Mart, return both of the games and get $120 back. Than use the giftcard and buy another one of the games (which is now free). Since I got one game, I would get a $15 giftcard. Use that to buy another one of the games and I would only spend $45.

Doubt it'll work but just wondering? I already got my paid off at Gamestop so won't be going anywhere to get it but wondering.[/QUOTE]

that is why you spoke about doing it in another thread lol don't lie. you wanted to screw with the system and get cheaper games

He also thinks he could use the coupon right away. Dumbass. Oh wait, that got Altanis banned. He's a smart, great person that is a huge contribution to CAG. Let's give him a hug and try again!

So what are each of these coupons good for? Games only or anything in the store? Also do I have to be a SYWR card holder for this deal to be in effect?

I'm looking to buy both MK and Portal 2 plus 2 $20 xbla cards one with each game. Someone please help me to understand the way Kmart does their promotions. I don't normally buy games there.

I'm almost ready to have BB match TRUs deal on both of these games and be done with the hassle.

We're looking at plans for May and I don't know much about this game. Seems like it might have some trouble with a few crowded weeks sandwiched between LA Noire, FEAR 3, Red Faction, and Infamous 2.

I think hunted will probably not sell that well. Its being advertised as a fantasy RPG with gears or war style gameplay. on a scale of 1 to 10 for sales i'd say its about a 3.5 On my scale i'd rank Black Ops as a 10 and Quantum Theory as a 1.

in contrast, the other titles you named i'd rank accordingly for sales volume:
LA Noire - 8.5
(No doubt the top seller of bunch, cross platform and rockstar, might not appeal to as many as Red Dead though, so not quite a 9)
FEAR 3 - 5
( Cool series but really just another shooter that alot wont buy day 1)
Red Faction - 5.5
(Definately a great franchise, however probably wont be well advertised and i remember Guerilla not being a huge release.)
Infamous 2 - 6
(being ps3 only sales are limited to a smaller demographic of corresponding console owners but def a strong seller)

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with MK and Portal 2? I thought I understood it, but read the guy who's trying to scam Kmart and didn't understand what he was talking about at all. What EXACTLY does buying both of these games do for you, what do you get for free, and what the hell was he talking about?

[quote name='dino88']I have a feeling they won't be announcing deals this far in advance again. The amount of questions is astounding.[/QUOTE]

I just don't get it. As far as I can tell, if you buy both you get a $60 giftcard and half off a live points or psn card. Right?...or no?

[quote name='dino88']Correcto[/QUOTE]

lol What in the world was that dude talking about then? I can't possibly see any way he can get both games for forty five bucks

He's just trying to scam the system, but he doesn't fully understand how the deal works. He found out about the deal through Slickdeals. I think that says it all.

The best way to explain the deal would be to say this:

1) Buy Portal 2 or MK and get $10 off 1600MSPoints or $20 PSN card
2) Buy $40-$119.99 (pre-tax) worth of gaming software (*), get a $15 gaming coupon (**)
3) Buy $120 (pre-tax) worth of gaming software (*), get an additional $45 gaming coupon (**)

(*) A single 1600 MSPoint card or a single $20 PSN card can be used to reach the $40 and $120 thresholds. It is unclear if multiple cards would apply (SHCs have avoided answering this question). However, larger card denominations (4000msp, $50 PSN) will NOT work.

(**) Gaming coupons become active Sunday 4/24 and expire 4 weeks later

(***) Must present a Shop You Way Rewards number to receive coupons. One offer per SYWR number.

They aren't gift cards. They are gaming merchandise coupons that cannot be used until after the promotion to obtain them has ended, and you can only earn them once per SYWR account anyway.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']He also thinks he could use the coupon right away. Dumbass. Oh wait, that got Altanis banned. He's a smart, great person that is a huge contribution to CAG. Let's give him a hug and try again![/QUOTE]

The mods will never punish you for pointing out when someone is being a shady dickhead. You can speak your mind.

That aside, what exactly do the kmart folks have in place as a safeguard against people returning games and keeping the coupon? Except they can tie it to your SYWR card and Josh can come punch you in the face?

Anyone who believes Altanis was banned for using foul language or merely for being insulting clearly wasn't around for his final weeks here. He was baiting people into arguments fueled by logical fallacies, reporting posts for no better reason than that they weren't applauding him, and then picking fights with the moderators who warned him to cool it.

Never bought from Kmart before but I gotta get down on this. Just to be sure...Can the coupons be used towards a preorder?

[quote name='dino88']He's just trying to scam the system, but he doesn't fully understand how the deal works. He found out about the deal through Slickdeals. I think that says it all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he found out about it through Slickdeals in which the Slickdeals OP said he took it from CAG. Then he comes to CAG and makes a thread about it which was subsequently closed. He should be banned just for being an idiot.

Daniel Honigman confirmed it for me via Twitter. Multiple $20 psn cards are good toward the promotion. Not sure about Xbox since I didn't ask. So it's Portal 2 for me and four $20 psn cards pls.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Just wondering if it was possible. I already paid off mine at Gamestop so I got no worries.[/QUOTE]

Sure its possible go ahead and try and when they bust you for fraud and you land up in the slammer you wont have to worry about playing that paid off game :)

Quick question for Josh/James or anyone else out there. I went on Kmart.com and noticed that DA2 is only 39.99. I looked and didn't see it in the weekly ad, so my question is, do you know if that pricing will hold and/or be available in store on the 17th?

[quote name='burger96']Quick question for Josh/James or anyone else out there. I went on Kmart.com and noticed that DA2 is only 39.99. I looked and didn't see it in the weekly ad, so my question is, do you know if that pricing will hold and/or be available in store on the 17th?[/QUOTE]

I believe that this weeks deal is DA2 and Shift 2 for $40 thru Saturday.

Has anyone confirmed that you can sell the Steam code of Portal 2 that comes with the PS3 version to someone else? I read everything on the Playstation blog and Valves website and its not really clear. They make it seem like you had to link your PSN account to a Steam account an order to use the PC version. I never used Steam so I don’t know if you can link your PSN ID to your Steam account without the PS3 disc. Any info would help as I plan on doing the Kmart deal with Mortal Kombat, Portal 2, and $20 PSN card. Then selling the card, trading in Portal 2 to Amazon and selling the Steam code. Then I will be left with MK and $60 in coupons.

Everything that I've seen says you need to link them basically the way you stated, but it hasn't been outlined in enough detail for such a close release date IMO. I would think they would be making it very clear to avoid complaints and confusion which may cause returns (which REALLY piss off retailers).

That still doesn’t explain everything. Yes it says if you only want the PC version you can sell the PS3 version and for the most part get the game for free. That forum says you enter the code ingame on the PS3, but on the Steam website(https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5477-WPJM-9388) it says you can enter the code on your Steam account. And its also not made clear if you 100% have to link your PSN ID to your Steam account an order to use the code. And if you do have to link accounts, can you do that using Steam or do need the PS3 disc? Of course they are going to tell you that you need to link accounts because the whole point of the thing is to get new Steam users from the PS3 community. Tired of reading about it, ill just wait till release day and I will have my answer.

I'm assuming that the $60 in coupons ($45 + $15) will not allows any of us to get a "FREE" new release game as the game will only cost $59.99 so we would essentially have to buy something else to be able to stack those coupons...

this really was a creative way for Kmart to disguise this as a B2G1.

I'm not trying to point out the negative because I will certainly pick up $120+ worth of titles next week but I don't think I'll get any of the new releases their or use the coupons on new releases because I don't think that's the best way to maximize this promotion..

but who knows

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm assuming that the $60 in coupons ($45 + $15) will not allows any of us to get a "FREE" new release game as the game will only cost $59.99 so we would essentially have to buy something else to be able to stack those coupons...

I'm not trying to point out the negative because I will defiantly pick up $120+ worth of titles next week but I don't think I'll get any of the new releases their or use the coupons on new releases because I don't think that's the best way to maximize this promotion..

but who knows[/QUOTE]

Why defiantly? Rebel without a cause?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why defiantly? Rebel without a cause?[/QUOTE]

because it is certain that i will definitly misspell definitely as defiantly each and every time when I am at work because I can't use chrome which has built in auto spell check.

thanks though :)

[quote name='GBAstar']because it is certain that i will definitly misspell definitely as defiantly each and every time when I am at work because I can't use chrome which has built in auto spell check.

thanks though :)[/QUOTE]

I'm not even going to edit that ^. I'm not the best speller in the world but I'm going to guess that is a double fail...

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not even going to edit that ^. I'm not the best speller in the world but I'm going to guess that is a double fail...[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm just being a dick cause I'm bored.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']If you wanted to pretend to have my job for today what do you think would be a comparable title sales-wise and genre-wise that has come out in the past 2 years?

Basically for all new releases I have to come up with sales estimates for us and we usually base it off of like titles, similar offers, or recent trends. I'm just afraid there is too much else going on around this release.[/QUOTE]
Hunted: Demon's Forge is going to sell slightly worse than Enslaved did, and it's going to sell slightly higher numbers on the PS3. Overall, it's going to bomb, and should have a significant drop in MSRP within 60 days after release.

Also, be aware that Toys R Us is currently taking preorders for Hunted at $19.99, although it remains to be seen whether they will end up honoring them or not. They're listing the MSRP as $44.99, as well. Not a very promising outlook for this game.

I'm guessing someone is not expecting Hunted: The Demon's Forge to sell without a price cut. TRU has it preorder for $19.99 (PS3) and $29.99 (Xbox 360) so maybe Kmart will put out a great deal on it.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm assuming that the $60 in coupons ($45 + $15) will not allows any of us to get a "FREE" new release game as the game will only cost $59.99 so we would essentially have to buy something else to be able to stack those coupons...

I'm not trying to point out the negative because I will certainly pick up $120+ worth of titles next week but I don't think I'll get any of the new releases their or use the coupons on new releases because I don't think that's the best way to maximize this promotion..

but who knows[/QUOTE]
you know what, you're right. this deal just got worse for me. too many pre-requisites just to find something to match one penny on both ends totally sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back