SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, it looks like there is not a limit to one per SYWR account if it isn't in the fine print and I wonder if it is even a requirement to be a SYWR member to get these coupons? Back before Christmas I wasn't a SYWR member and got coupons on purchases, so maybe that was changed?

[quote name='breakin2']When does Crysis 2 go on sale?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's suppose to go on sale tomorrow. I wouldn't go right away in the morning though since it might take some time for the price to update but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Nice, it looks like there is not a limit to one per SYWR account if it isn't in the fine print and I wonder if it is even a requirement to be a SYWR member to get these coupons? Back before Christmas I wasn't a SYWR member and got coupons on purchases, so maybe that was changed?[/QUOTE]

The coupon system has been overhauled since then. It has been stated specifically that we need to provide our SYWR info to get these coupons, and this week's promotion is limited to one $15 and $45 coupon per account.

Here's a question for the SHC folks. We know that the $20 PSN and 1600 360 cards are coded to work with the coupon promotion since they have the Portal Kombat deal going for them, and the larger quantity cards do not work toward the coupon thresholds. Do I assume correctly then that Nintendo point cards, having not been specifically coded to work with the deal, will also not count toward earning coupons?

Sorry haven't kept up with the thread in the last two weeks, but if u get the $15/$45 coupons this week, could I use them both on 1 $60 game once active as I imagine they are going to have different barcodes?

Example: I buy SOCOM 4, & MK w/$20 PSN card, get the coupons, then use the coupons the following week for MLB The Show 11?

[quote name='harveyiscool']Nice, it looks like there is not a limit to one per SYWR account if it isn't in the fine print and I wonder if it is even a requirement to be a SYWR member to get these coupons? Back before Christmas I wasn't a SYWR member and got coupons on purchases, so maybe that was changed?[/QUOTE]

Either Stock Boy or Ad Monster confirmed that you need to be a SYWR member to get the deal. Since Josh had said it's limit one per account, I'll take his word over the circular but stranger things have happened not according to plan.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry haven't kept up with the thread in the last two weeks, but if u get the $15/$45 coupons this week, could I use them both on 1 $60 game once active as I imagine they are going to have different barcodes?[/QUOTE]

You can use both coupons at once, but you need to spend $60+ on video game merchandise (so no pack or gum, etc.). A $59.99 game alone is not enough.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry haven't kept up with the thread in the last two weeks, but if u get the $15/$45 coupons this week, could I use them both on 1 $60 game once active as I imagine they are going to have different barcodes?[/QUOTE]

The amount you use the coupons for can't be less than the value of the coupons.

Best case is if there's two titles in the redemption period you want, use one on each. Otherwise look for something else to buy with that $60 game.

Hmm are you sure the fine print in the ad doesnt say anything about needing to be a SYWR member for the $15/$45 coupons?

Doesn't that seem pretty shady for anyone that doesnt already know but is then going to be forced to sign up if they want their coupons? I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me somewhere else.

Personally I like Kmart but it's just kind of a reminder that maybe in the future it'd be best to disclose that in the ad (if in fact it isn't).

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm are you sure the fine print in the ad doesnt say anything about needing to be a SYWR member for the $15/$45 coupons?

Doesn't that seem pretty shady for anyone that doesnt already know but is then going to be forced to sign up if they want their coupons? I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me somewhere else.

Personally I like Kmart but it's just kind of a reminder that maybe in the future it'd be best to disclose that in the ad (if in fact it isn't).[/QUOTE]

I don't have the ad so I don't know the fine print. I'm just going by what's been mentioned here by SHC reps.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']CAG Community- I am not sure if Josh posted this update here in CAG, or through Kmartgamer or his other social media outlets, but in order to qualify for the $15 and $45 gaming coupons starting this Sunday, you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member in order to generate the coupons. It was not originally set up this way, but recently was altered to be SYWR only. Make sure you provide your SYWR card at checkout next week. Thank you[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']I don't have the ad so I don't know the fine print. I'm just going by what's been mentioned here by SHC reps.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I was responding to this post by LouieT, he posted the ad and the fine print but it didnt say anything about needing to be a SYWR member.

Making sure I get this right.
If I buy Mortal Combat + Portal 2 + $20 PSN Card
...then technically that should come up to...

$60 MK
$60 Portal 2
$20 PSN Card
-$10 (off PSN Card for buying MK or Portal 2)
----
$130 (Before Taxes)

Plus I get $45 + $15 gaming coupons? ...this is insannnnnne

[quote name='tafkam']Making sure I get this right.
If I buy Mortal Combat + Portal 2 + $20 PSN Card
...then technically that should come up to...

$60 MK
$60 Portal 2
$20 PSN Card
-$10 (off PSN Card for buying MK or Portal 2)
----
$130 (Before Taxes)

Plus I get $45 + $15 gaming coupons? ...this is insannnnnne[/QUOTE]
$59.99 + $59.99 + $10 = 129.98, but yes since that's still over $120 you'd get the 2 coupons with it. Just make sure to get that PSN card or you'd end up 2 cents short of $120 and so you'd only get the $15 coupon.

Just came back from a 24 hour kmart and the coupons didnt print. I bought 130 worth before taxes and nothing. what gives. I gave my SYWR and everything.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Just came back from a 24 hour kmart and the coupons didnt print. I bought 130 worth before taxes and nothing. what gives. I gave my SYWR and everything.[/QUOTE]
Register probably needs rebooted.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Just came back from a 24 hour kmart and the coupons didnt print. I bought 130 worth before taxes and nothing. what gives. I gave my SYWR and everything.[/QUOTE]

I belive the coupons and deals don't go live in the 24hr stores until 6/6:30 am.

Deals used to go live around 6 AM or something a while back. Don't know if that ever changed or not, but I don't remember anyone ever saying that they got the old coupons at zero-dark-thirty before.

hopefully josh can compensate you for the deal but it's been stated before that the deals typically don't update in the register until the morning of the day they're active.

The deals don't activate at a corporate level until 6AM... then the store manager has to run the daily update download, which could take awhile to get around to... then the changes are not going to take effect in any registers which were already open before the update was downloaded... all in all, trying to get ANY Kmart deal before mid-afternoon on a Sunday is just plain recipe for fail.

I'm anxiously awaiting the first reports of someone who tries to buy a bunch of stored value cards and successfully gets the $60 in coupons. I know someone mentioned that Honigman verified it on his twitter, but I don't have twitter so I can't check for myself...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hmm are you sure the fine print in the ad doesnt say anything about needing to be a SYWR member for the $15/$45 coupons?

Personally I like Kmart but it's just kind of a reminder that maybe in the future it'd be best to disclose that in the ad (if in fact it isn't).[/QUOTE]

Yeah nowhere in the ad does it say anything about a customer limit (it does say one offer per transaction though) and it mentions nothing about being a SYWR member. I hope if Josh and co. really changed this in the system, there is appropriate signage in the stores or else there will be a lot of pissed off folks when the coupons dont print.

I'm tempted to make a run w/o the SYWR card just for shits and giggles.

[quote name='hostyl1']Yeah nowhere in the ad does it say anything about a customer limit (it does say one offer per transaction though) and it mentions nothing about being a SYWR member. I hope if Josh and co. really changed this in the system, there is appropriate signage in the stores or else there will be a lot of pissed off folks when the coupons dont print.

I'm tempted to make a run w/o the SYWR card just for shits and giggles.[/QUOTE]
I'm back! Feeling the jet lag like crazy. But I'll update the OP this morning.

Yes, signage was updated to all stores to include the SYWR restrictions.

[quote name='jer7583']hopefully josh can compensate you for the deal but it's been stated before that the deals typically don't update in the register until the morning of the day they're active.[/QUOTE]
Yep, we'll definitely help.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']The deals don't activate at a corporate level until 6AM... then the store manager has to run the daily update download, which could take awhile to get around to... then the changes are not going to take effect in any registers which were already open before the update was downloaded... all in all, trying to get ANY Kmart deal before mid-afternoon on a Sunday is just plain recipe for fail.

I'm anxiously awaiting the first reports of someone who tries to buy a bunch of stored value cards and successfully gets the $60 in coupons. I know someone mentioned that Honigman verified it on his twitter, but I don't have twitter so I can't check for myself...[/QUOTE]
Based on experience, yes, I believe this is the case.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']The deals don't activate at a corporate level until 6AM... then the store manager has to run the daily update download, which could take awhile to get around to... then the changes are not going to take effect in any registers which were already open before the update was downloaded... all in all, trying to get ANY Kmart deal before mid-afternoon on a Sunday is just plain recipe for fail.

I'm anxiously awaiting the first reports of someone who tries to buy a bunch of stored value cards and successfully gets the $60 in coupons. I know someone mentioned that Honigman verified it on his twitter, but I don't have twitter so I can't check for myself...[/QUOTE]
Technically yes, $20 points/PSN will trigger any of the coupons, $50's will not.

Completely agree, we were unsure 8 weeks ago when the ad went to print that the SYWR portion of the deal would be ready. We sent signage to all stores to post the update.

Since signing up is free, I'm hoping it won't be too big of an issue but it's just one of those bad timing issues.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry haven't kept up with the thread in the last two weeks, but if u get the $15/$45 coupons this week, could I use them both on 1 $60 game once active as I imagine they are going to have different barcodes?

Example: I buy SOCOM 4, & MK w/$20 PSN card, get the coupons, then use the coupons the following week for MLB The Show 11?[/QUOTE]
You can use both on one item, but just to be clear, 60 would not work on a 59.99 item, may need to throw a clearance game or a small value accessory into total to push it over.

[quote name='breakin2']When does Crysis 2 go on sale?[/QUOTE]
This morning actually, I'm getting caught up as much as possible today. Being gone over a week sucks!

[quote name='LouieT']Kmart Weekly ad:

Sales:

:wii: Buy Epic Mickey for $49.99, get the Epic Mickey Paint Brush controller for free.

:wii: Buy Just Dance 2 for $39.99, get Just Dance Kids for free.

:wii: These Wii games are all $19.99 each:
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Mania
Cars Toons Mater's Tall Tales
Club Penguin Game Day
Wheel of Fortune
You Don't Know Jack
Jeopardy
The Biggest Loser Challenge

:ds: These DS games are $14.99 each:
Paws and Claws Marine Rescue
The Penguins of Madagascar
Barbie Groom and Glam Pups
Fancy Nancy Tea Party Time
Spongebob Boating Bash
Drawn to Life: Spongebob Squarepants

kmart.gif
Buy $40 worth of gaming software, get a $15 gaming coupon*
kmart.gif
Buy $120 or more of gaming software, get $60 in gaming coupons*

And here's the fine print in the ad:
* Buy $40 to $119.99 of gaming software and get a $15 coupon,
buy $120 or more of gaming software and get a $15 and a $45 gaming coupon.
Limit $60 of coupons per transaction.
Purchase requirement includes regular, sale and/or clearance-priced items and must be made in a single transaction.
Gaming coupons redeemable 4/24/11 to 5/21/11.
Offer excludes Just Dance Kids Wii game.

MSRP in ad:

:ps3: SOCOM 4 $59.99
:ps3::360: Portal 2 $59.99
:ps3::360: Mortal Kombat $59.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia Trilogy $39.99

:ds: Pokemon Black and White versions $34.99 each

:wii: Wii bundle $199.99

:wii: uDraw: Spongebob Squarepants $29.99[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting this while I was out!

[quote name='Vigilante']Stock Boy recently said that Kmart won't be getting any copies of FFIV Complete Collection (he definitely said no copies) due to some internal discussion or something, even though Kmart received copies of Duodecim and 3rd Birthday.[/QUOTE]
Really pissed me off.

[quote name='jmbreci']I wish people could read.

Now, if you actually read the OP and are saying that, then I must modify my statement to say I wish people could comprehend what they read.

The OP is out until 4/18. Is there something difficult about that statement?

For everyone else complaining about the deal - go purchase it elsewhere. The deal is set and is not changing, including the prices. Josh has been cranking out the best deals he can and if you want MK, Portal, and Socom then this is the best deal by far assuming you can wait a week or two on one of the games.[/QUOTE]
Sorry about the delay everyone and thank you for your patience! I'm back now and I'll try and update as much as I can today before the jet lag takes over and I pass out.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']I'll consider buying Mortal Kombat if I know what kind of deal there will be for L.A. Noire when it comes out.[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to hit a $20 on LA Noire, still some work to do though.

Return & rebuy. Deals go live at/around 6 am, by 9ish or so is pretty much a sure bet unless the register hasn't been rebooted.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I checked back a couple pages (not many, I will admit) and didn't see anything regarding it. I've been out of the loop on this thread since the 3DS launch.
What will happen if we were to use SYWR points on this deal? For some reason I thought right when the deal was announced and all the initial questions were getting asked, someone asked if they got $120 worth of games and used their points against the purchase, would they still get the coupons? And I thought Josh said yes.
I can't remember for sure though and I can't remember how many pages back the announcement was.[/QUOTE]
Points, coupons etc. will not affect the coupons printing out or the worth of the retail value towards the amount needed for the coupons.

I have found out that items on sale however, only count as their sale price towards the triggers.

[quote name='DPsycho']You can use SYWR points and coupons on this promotion without it affecting your eligibility for the coupons. You will earn the coupons for your software (and ~$20 point card) purchase totaling $40 or $120, and after that your methods of payment don't matter. (Note that ~$50 point cards do NOT count toward the total - they were not keyed for the promotion.)

Any discounts inherent to the purchase (sale price, clearance price, saving $10 on a point card) do not add to the total. That is, a game that is usually $59.99 but on sale for $39.99 will only count as $39.99 toward your total.[/QUOTE]
Missed this, perfect explanation.

[quote name='DPsycho']I actually prefer this coupon promotion to a B2G1. It's very rare that I want to buy three full-priced games all at once. I prefer being able to spread it across lower-priced Wii, DS, 3DS, and reduced-price games as well as brand new ones (or accessories when valid).[/QUOTE]
I love the concept to, I still have to refine it but I'm hoping there are hints of the success to the whole thing so I can keep the deal "type" in the mix.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm assuming that the $60 in coupons ($45 + $15) will not allows any of us to get a "FREE" new release game as the game will only cost $59.99 so we would essentially have to buy something else to be able to stack those coupons...

this really was a creative way for Kmart to disguise this as a B2G1.

I'm not trying to point out the negative because I will certainly pick up $120+ worth of titles next week but I don't think I'll get any of the new releases their or use the coupons on new releases because I don't think that's the best way to maximize this promotion..

but who knows[/QUOTE]
It's not really meant as a buy 2 get 1, but of our answer to it. Definitely flawed as it stands but still very valueable.

I am thinking that 110/50 is probably more compelling.

[quote name='theearlynovembr']I remember reading something a while back that Fight Night Champion was going to be on sale this week. Is this still happening?[/QUOTE]
Let me check, I believe you are correct.

[quote name='snatcher33']Hey Josh....Dragon Age II is showing $39.99, but when I add it to my cart it shows $59.99????[/QUOTE]
I have to check what items are on sale this week, I'll post everything asap.

If I were to buy Mortal Kombat $59.99 + Fight Night: Champion $39.99 + 1600 points $10... Could I get two more 1600 point cards for $20 or does it only discount one 1600 point card?

[quote name='Gotenks']If I were to buy Mortal Kombat $59.99 + Fight Night: Champion $39.99 + 1600 points $10... Could I get two more 1600 point cards for $20 or does it only discount one 1600 point card?[/QUOTE]
The discount only applies to the purchase of one card but points cards in general count just like games towards the coupon trigger amounts.

a couple of questions...

for people that would like to purchase points cards and ONLY points cards, would getting one 4000 MS card @ 49.99 and four 1600 MS cards @ 19.99 (bringing the grand total to 129.95) work for getting the $60 in coupons? seems like an extremely good deal that everyone should jump on.

can someone please confirm this would work? also, is this promotion online-only, or will it work in-store as well?

[quote name='micca']a couple of questions...

for people that would like to purchase points cards and ONLY points cards, would getting one 4000 MS card @ 49.99 and four 1600 MS cards @ 19.99 (bringing the grand total to 129.95) work for getting the $60 in coupons? seems like an extremely good deal that everyone should jump on.

can someone please confirm this would work? also, is this promotion online-only, or will it work in-store as well?[/QUOTE]

Negative. $50 point cards do NOT count. Only $20.

Going to catch up on some rest and be back at it tomorrow! If you all run into any issues, we'll definitely help out!

Good to be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back